Start new topic
Should we be worried?
Posted: Oct 30 2005, 08:07 PM
PMEmail Poster

(OOC: This is an article written by freelance written Hugo Bonzena of The Observer, a non-affliated, somewhat contreversial paper in Nedalia. It is intended to disrespect no one, its just supposed be an article through his eyes...all are criticized.)

If the ultimate goal of the Allied nations when they launched their invasion of Latao was to finally bring peace and stability to the region, then consider their mission a work-in-progress at best, and a failure realistically. Even after the fall of the Van Papenian government in old Latao, it seems the flames of tension have engulfed the region and is threatening to erupt into a full-out fire.

While our dear government insisted on staying in old Latao and officially redrawing its boundaries, Khazaron and Lamoni did the exact opposite, retreating as soon as they possibly could. Both have proven to be mistakes. The Allied nations mishandling of old Latao has sprung up violent warlords in all of old Latao, including the Western Territories. In fact, the Nedalian Army faces a battle against a rising insurgency, one that is made up of many factions, all of which want complete power. In the end, it is the people who suffer.

What of new Nyssa, one might ask? Well, they havent been alive officially for too long but already rumors have sprung up about funds being channeled to a militia in the Western Territories to support an uprising. The ultimate goal, it is perceived, is the reunification of new Nyssa with the "South-Land", as they are calling it. Not only that, but they have taken the issue of rearming themselves into their own hands after promising to do no such thing. Kafra has yet to release a statement on the matter, but it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out what the reaction will be. Where are the Lamonians and the Khazaronians in this matter? Diamindakere, apparently.

The SDL, currently, looks like a failed project. A shame really, considering all the Nedalian taxpayer money that went into making the incredibly ludicrious SDL Headquarters south of Kafra. With bickering coming from the Sarzonian and Falcanian side over a piece of radioactive waste, one can only imagine the reaction if something worthwhile came up for them to fight about. Starblaydia and the SAAS must be loving the drama that's unfolding, although they aren't without their own soap opera, what with Krytenia going democratic. Anyway, the Khazaronians and the Lamonians have apparently thought Nyssa no more a threat, and have began their moving out plans, allowing them to behave as they want. Our dear Nedalia must now be regretting the day they did not step foot into new Nyssa, with President Bren claiming that it would cause too much tension. Now our old Latin friends are rearming themselves quickly thanks to a robust economy, already calling themselves peace mediators and a medium power.

So what was it that became so important that caused the Allied nations to leave Nyssa? The Sarzonian-Falcania conflict, ofcourse, which itself is threatening to escalate into a fullout war. Word has it that Sarzo himself issued a statement asking the AORDO to intervene, a matter which has been done by Khazaron and Lamoni. They have blockaded the island, allowing only Crystilakere ships to come in and out of the 5 mile radius they have stationed themselves in. Again, the only people that suffer are the innocent citizens who have moved into Diamindakere. Sarzonia refuse to stand down on their stance, despite Falcania moving their people in already, peacefully I might add. Falcon, however, refused to look at any other land but Diamindakere, and seemed to insist even further when he heard of Sarzonia's disapproval. This, ofcourse, led to the Sarzonia's SDL delegate being called home before the signatures even began.

Where does this leave our region? In a big mess. Everything is interwined, somehow, and Tiberius must be having a laugh. A war that was supposed to bring stability has destabilized the entire southeast of AO, and ofcourse, our dear nation has to be involved somehow. My plea is to President Bren: let them be, let them fight their wars. We dont need the Western Territories, despite its natural riches. The SDL was a mistake, deal with it and move on, President. You have always shown great vision moving forward, I ask that you utilize it now. Nyssa obviously has its eyes set on big things, again, and I know that Nedalia will be ready if they come knocking, seeking revenge. But let the rest be. Let us prosper and grow, let us instill some of the Bettian philosophies into our culture. Enough war and tension, Mr. President. We just want peace.
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Oct 31 2005, 06:23 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

(OCC: I like that author ;-))

just on the other day a similar article was published in Nyssan newspapers. Basically the people of all countries in the south are happy that the new weapons are now paper and pencil rather than guns and bombs.

----
How many indignities, Federal Council ?

Our government does not get tired to repeating their statements that they want to normalize our relations to the former war-rivals of the old Confederacy. Of course, a sane man or woman can not disagree with these policies and I am also not scrutinizing this basic intension.

Isn’t the question actually “How far should we go ? – How much is the price ?” The NEC acts more and more like Nedalia’s poodle. While Lamoni and Khazaron at least treat our nation the way an independent and sovereign state deserves it, it is Nedalia that keeps blocking all attempts of friendly coronation we try and it does that with increasing arrogance and ignorance. The day might come, when Nedalia must ask itself how it wants to treat its neighbor and if these styles are useful for bringing finally stability and peace into the Oceania’s south-east – isn’t it that what they always claim what they want ?

For me the situation is clear – and I hardly believe that I am the only citizen in Latao-Nyssa who isn’t that blind to see what’s going on behind the doors of these so-called diplomats. I personally start to doubt that Nedalia really is interested in giving freedom and peace to the Nedalia-Latins. It is a public secret that the south-west with its huge coal and steel deposits has always been the source of the power of Latao, that has allowed the Latins to build anything such as aircraft, buildings, weapons…you name it.

I hope for the sake of Latao-Nyssa that our Federal Council starts to understand that Nedalia wants to keep us under their fist – forever. Insistence on taking back the south-west from Lamoni is at least a step into the right direction of the NEC, showing Nedalia that we are willing to take our place in the international community of peaceful and friendly countries where Nyssa may be a reliable partner. But how on god’s green earth shall we ever be able to take that place when every attempt we make to start talks and to do trust-building actions is being blocked and ignored as soon any though is spoken ?

The harsh words Nedalia uses to reply any friendly harmonization initiated by Nyssa are a difficult basis for co-operation in trust and in respect. As the world continues its rounds around the sun and the universe passes by, the world’s spotlight moves on to other stages of action; these days it is Diamondokere. However I don’t think that Nedalia’s hatred against Nyssa could endanger the world’s peace – they’re just not important enough.

The only way out of this dead lock situation between Nyssa and Nedalia is to allow Nyssa to live in independence and freedom, following the example of Lamoni and Khazaron. We must include and integrate the former occupation powers – including Nedalia in our future steps so they can slowly gain trust and see that the new Latao-Nyssa is a different, new nation – but we must not be their slaves or their play ball. They must notice that Nyssa is a sovereign state with rights and our patience is limited somewhere, just like any other nation.
Latao
Emperor
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0170 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->