Start new topic
The Torch Passes
Posted: Oct 26 2005, 01:18 PM
PMEmail Poster

Vice-Chairman Jonathan Derea stepped up to the podium.

"At 5.21pm, Krytenian Standard Time, aboard the Starblaydi merchant ship Orca, Chairman Andrew Hessenthaler was pronounced dead. We express our gratitude to the Nova Roman official, and Starblaydi shipmen who bravely attempted to save Mr Hessenthaler's life, though their efforts were in vain.

Mr Hessenthaler had planned for his death, and this, a signed legal document, is his last request. Is says..."Upon the death of the third Chairman of Krytenia, the post shall be dissolved, and replaced by the title of President, decided by....an election?!?!?!?"

Derea's face went a peculiar shade of grey.

[OOC: This is the ten thousandth post in the AO forae. Just so you know.]

This post has been edited by Krytenia on Oct 26 2005, 01:20 PM
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Oct 26 2005, 01:34 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Isaac stared with wide, saucered eyes at the video feed. He didn't go pale, as that is rather difficult for one of Afro-Carribean descent, though he certainly looked worried.

"That cheeky bastard!" A un-named object went flying from his hand and thudded against the door. "I bloody knew it! I knew he'd do something like this."

"A good time to practise our foreign election rigging?" His aide asked with a raised eyebrow.

"That's not a bad idea. Let's look into it."

Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Oct 26 2005, 03:33 PM
PMEmail Poster

(OOC: Wasnt stated if this was open or closed...but its too good an opportunity to pass up smile.gif. If i'm intruding, just tell me.)

"Unbelievable, I know," proclaimed President Bren to his head of intelligence, Fahed Al-Iswareh.

"I wonder how the SAAS feel about this," answered Fahed. "They're infamous for their lack of democracy."

"I'm sure Tiberius and company are putting their collective heads together and seeing what minor plans they can manage. Not the best at dealing with setbacks."

"Eh, those autocrats never will get anything done."

"Regardless, we've got to be on our guard. Krytenia is, inevitably, going to go through a phase...of what, I'm not sure. Send your best mine to study the situation. If the wish is to ensure a democratic election, I believe it will be in our best interest that our northern neighbors remain as stable as possible."

"Yes, sir."
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Oct 26 2005, 06:26 PM

CODE
To: Foreign Minstry, Krytenia

The government of the Free Republic wishes to express it's condolences to the government and people of Krytenia for the loss of their great leader; Chairman Hessenthaler.  Seeing as how it was the Chairman's last wish to have a free and fair election for Krytenia's people to select their next ruler, the Free Republic wishes to offer it's services to monitor the elections.  This will help to ensure that the elections are truly free and fair for all Krytenian citizens.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Oct 28 2005, 10:09 AM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: Yeah, it's open.

CODE
TO: Foreign Ministry, FR Lamoni
FR: Internal Affairs and Justice Ministry, UP Krytenia

The Foreign and Defence Ministry passed me your message. Though we appreciate your offer, we feel that member nations of the SDL and SAAS may have vested interests in the election; therefore we have decided not to accept help from other member nations of these organisations. Lamonian media, however, will be free to cover the election in any way they see fit.

Oliver Qi
Internal Affairs & Justice Minister
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Oct 28 2005, 10:14 AM

TO: Foreign Ministry, Krytenia

The Patriarch would like to express his most sincere condolences to the Krytenian people in regards to the recent death of Chairman Hessenthaler. Furthermore, he hopes for a peaceful transition for the Krytenian people in their steps to choose a new leader for the land, and that the new leader will govern his people well. Finally, the Patriarch humbly requests that if their is to be an open funeral for the honorable Chairman Hessenthaler, that he be allowed to attend and pay his respects to the departed leader.

In the name of the Patriarch,

Danielle Uram
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Dominion of Khazaron
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Oct 28 2005, 10:25 AM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: All national leaders are invited to the memorial service.

CODE
TO: Danielle Uram
FR: Jonathan Derea

We would like to thank you for your kind words of support in a difficult time. In answer to your question, Mr Hessenthaler had requested a private burial in his will, however a public memorial service will be held at the Everton City Guildhall (details and map attached) - we would be honoured if a delegation from Khazaron attended.

Jonathan Derea
Interim Leader
Foreign and Defence Minister
United Provinces of Krytenia

This post has been edited by Krytenia on Oct 28 2005, 10:26 AM
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0175 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->