Start new topic
Falcon sets sights on Diamindokere
Posted: Sep 30 2005, 11:36 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

QUOTE (Falcania @ Sep 29 2005, 08:51 PM)
Mining of Diamindokere will cease immediately or we will tactically bomb the mines. You have been warned. Cease mining operations.

OOC: Man that was so funny! :D, I'm liking the brute force and aggression, not quite what the SDL should be promoting, perhaps?

IC:

"You know what, Isaac?" Tiberius Starblayde read the communique from Falcania to Crystilakere three times over, just to make sure.

"What's that, my Lord?"

"I love how other nations completely fail to use any kind of diplomacy in situations like this. 'Do what we say' is such a fun way to conduct international affairs."

"Indeed," Isaac chuckled, "saves on paper and effort, at least."

"Put Falcania on the list, will you?" It was almost an off-hand statement from the Starblaydi Lord-Protector.

"Don't concern yourself with that, my Lord." Isaac tapped his temple. "I'm way ahead of you."
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Oct 3 2005, 08:55 AM
PMEmail Poster

[OOC: As far as I'm concerned, the RP'd advance on former Chacoran territory died as soon as I heard he was coming back. I'm going to ignore that RP as if it never happened. Chacor can go back into his old spot as Chacor.]

Sarzo grimaced when he saw the threats emanating from Sarzonia's newly-minted Strategic Defense League allies in Falcania and considered ordering Roger Levine, Sarzonia's delegate to the SDL, to depart for Sarzonia as soon as he landed; however, he chose to issue a statement.

"Let there be no mistake, if Falcania chooses to threaten Diamindokere any further, not only will Sarzonia resign from the SDL, but Sarzonia will consider Falcania's aggressive move into Diamindokere an act of aggression against the Incorporated States of Sarzonia herself."

Sarzo's glare was the last image broadcast on the screen as the camera stopped rolling.
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 3 2005, 12:16 PM
PMEmail Poster

"I cant help but smile, Mr. President. I understand this situation is troubling, but it's almost movie-like," commented Minister of FA Dewars Strand.

"Indeed, my dear friend. Unfortunately, as much as I would love to see this unfold, I cannot allow it. The SDL, I think, it needed, unless we feel like being SAAS bitches. Imagine, having to listen to that arrogant Tiberius and cringe a smile....dear lord," responded President Bren.

"Issue a statement, then?"

"Yep."

"Both countries?"

"Yeeeppp."

OFFICIAL STATEMENT TO FALCANIA AND SARZONIA:

In light of the recent tensions that have found their way into the SDL, we urge and implore both Sarzonia and Falcania to put aside any actions they might be considering, in Diamindikere or otherwise, and let the SDL try to do what it was created to do. Falcon and a Sarzonian delegate will be in the SDL Headquarters in Nedalia very soon, and rest assured, both parties will be able to talk, negotiate, compromise, and/or agree on the issue with the upmost of comfort. Let us put aside the threats that benefit no one but those who wish to harm us, those who wish for the SDL to fail. Let us talk between ourselves as the brothers that we are.

Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Oct 3 2005, 12:22 PM

QUOTE (Nedalia @ Oct 3 2005, 05:16 PM)
. Imagine, having to listen to that arrogant Tiberius and cringe a smile....dear lord,"

OOC: What'd he do now? biggrin.gif
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Oct 3 2005, 12:42 PM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: smile.gif he was closer to grabbing the waste basket in the corner and hurling. Although he can't say it out in public because Starblaydia, did, afterall, provide us with a working (we think...) nuclear weapon defence.
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Oct 3 2005, 12:48 PM

OOC: Ahh, I see. Those patriots won't be especially effective againt inbound ICBMs, but for general anti-aircraft anti-cruise missile defence they'll be pretty useful. Pity the Strategic Alliance knows where they've all been sited, though wink.gif Anway, back to the story. Fight! Fight! Fght!
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Oct 3 2005, 07:49 PM

OOC: If I were you, Nedalia; I would find a way to move those Patriot sites. wink.gif

IC: Reading up on the latest Falcanian-Sarzonian situation, Stone slammed a fist on a nearby table. "Damnit!! Why does this have to happen now??? We have enough things to do already!" Stone was currently in a private hotel room in Nedalia, and he did not like what he saw of the situation so far. He had not come this far to form an alliance to keep the SAAS in check only to have it disintigrate in such a fashion. Fortunately, the Nedalian 'solution' might just work.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Oct 4 2005, 05:32 PM

"You think I should do that, Ricardo?"

"Threaten Falcania, my Lord?" Lord Ricardo Gomez, as per usual, wasn't paying attention.

"Do that," Tiberius said, pointing to the television screen, "I should make statements through a Press Conference. Then I get to smile at the ladies and glare at my opponents."

"Um," Ricardo was trying to think of a way out, "we've got more class than that, right?"

"Good point," Tiberius frowned, he still wanted to do it.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Oct 4 2005, 09:14 PM

Now that Stone had calmed down some, Stone had a diplomatic statement sent out to the leaders of both Sarzonia and Falcania:

CODE
To: Sarzonia and Falcania

The Free Republic notes with concern the recent troubles between Falcania and Sarzonia over the former Crystilakere puppet Diamindokere, and suggests that both nations follow through with the talks suggested by the fellow SDL nation of Nedalia.  This would allow both sides to achieve a fair resolution of the problem without weakening the SDL and what it stands for.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Oct 9 2005, 02:36 PM

The B-1 bombers began their sweep over the mines. The lead pilot frowned, and spoke into his radio.

"Squadron, peel off and return to base. The mines are deserted, so are the settlements. The place is deserted."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Falcon stepped into office and eyed the precariously balanced pile that was his in-tray. Reading through reams of paperwork, he decided a statement was needed. He opened his PC and began to type.

Later on that day, an email plopped into the inbox of every foreign office in AO.

To: AO
Subject: Diaminokere/Sarzonia.

We have nothing to fear about war. Sarzo said it himself: Unless Crys is leaving the region, I'd probably have to oppose that advance. And if Crys were leaving, I'd be eyeing it myself if it weren't all radioactive waste.

Diamindokere has ceased to exist. Crystilakere has asked for his miners to clear out, and they have. There is no reason to oppose the expansion, none at all. We have dispatched a case containing our environmental budget for this quarter, and we hope this will appease Crystilakere.

As he pressed enter, Falcon chuckled. "That ought to do. Hack, initiate Operation Move-everyone-out-of-here."

"With respect, sir, you need to start thinking of more cryptic names for your operations. Yes sir." Hack walked out of the room.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Falcanian Naval Detachment began their regular patrols on the straits between Diamindokere and Falcania. People began loading onto Naval Landers at Mathdon and Featbridge ports, and the lumbering ships began the month-long operation to transfer around 300,000,000 people out of Falcania and into Diamindokere.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 9 2005, 04:53 PM

Inquisitor Fursifio read the statement through again.

QUOTE (King Fatass)
Sarzo said it himself: 'Unless Crys is leaving the region, I'd probably have to oppose that advance. And if Crys were leaving, I'd be eyeing it myself if it weren't all radioactive waste.'

"Crystilakere isn't going anywhere," he mused to himself, "so the Sarzonian's have a problem with Falcania moving their people in. Right?"

The evidence was undeniable. Crystilakere's government had always had the deciding vote in Diamindokere's government, but now there wasn't a government in the radioactive island. What, precisely, were the nations going to do?

"I'll expect Sarzonia to back off, actually," Lord Chisoko - Foreign Minister - probably knew these people a little better than most, "they won't want to rock their new alliance boat too much, and 'King' Falcon won't back down, the arrogant shat fite."

K'van laughed, Isaac didn't often come close to swearing, so he must have strong feelings against his Fatness. Highness. Whatever. Still, it was certainly a dilemma, and Starblaydia didn't have any Naval assets in the area. They kept, as a matter of fact, quite a large gap in between their fleets and those of Sarzonia. Wouldn't want two strutting, territorial navy-bulls waving their male sexual organs around near each other, now would you?
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Oct 20 2005, 09:51 AM
PMEmail Poster

Sarzo said it himself: 'Unless Crys is leaving the region, I'd probably have to oppose that advance. And if Crys were leaving, I'd be eyeing it myself if it weren't all radioactive waste.'

[OOC: I said that OOCly. That wasn't President Mike Sarzo saying that, that was the player saying that. Don't put words in my character's mouth please.]

Sarzo scowled when he saw the reports.

"Looks like I'm going to have to make my case a bit more clearly," he said to no one in particular. He called Vice President for Naval Operations Kathy Bunhall.

"Kath, Mike. I need you to send two Carrier Action Groups to the area near Diamindokere. As close as they can safely get without being affected by the nuclear waste or violating Crystilakere's sovereign waters."

"Mike, what are you doing?"

"It seems our words aren't getting through."

"Mike, King Falcon has called off his operations."

"Maybe so, but he's still eying that island and as far as I'm concerned, that island is Crystilakere's property. It's an abject case of imperialism which I'll never tolerate."

"Mike, you're going to risk getting us into another war! And with a SDL country when we're trying to hold House hearings about getting into that alliance."

"If Nyssa gets admitted into this alliance, it's not one we want any part of," Sarzo said brusquely. "If this alliance is just going to let Falcon creep onto territory that belongs to our southern neighbours and so close to our own, it's not one I want Sarzonia to join. If the House ratifies that charter, I'm vetoing it."

"Mike!"

Sarzo looked back with firm resolve. Sarzo normally never vetoed a treaty ratified by the House of Delegates; in fact, no one remembered his ever doing that. Treaty ratifications were always considered a formality; if the House of Delegates passed it, it was considered a done deal. The treaty looked like it would pass with the simple majority needed to ratify it, but getting a two thirds vote to override Sarzo's veto looked unlikely.

"Kathy, send the groups. And have General Santius send a division from the Third Incorproated Army to the area."

"Mike, that could be viewed as an act of war."

"It's not an act of war," Sarzo said. "We're not firing a shot. We're there to observe. If Crystilakere lets Falcon have Diamindokere, we're going to leave him alone. But if Crystilakere opposes Falcon's land grab, so are we."

This post has been edited by Sarzonia on Oct 20 2005, 09:53 AM
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 26 2005, 06:20 AM

King Falcon peered out of the window of his palace, surveying the land. It was good that he had finally found an outlet for expansion, but he could not go on like this. Fairly soon Former Diamindokere would fill up, and then the people would be demanding more land. Where would it end? Half of Cockbill street? Sarzonia? The whole region? The world? Falcon shuddered. No, it must end with this diamond-shaped island just to the north.

Hack staggered in, panting. "Sir! I have news from Former Diamindokere!"

Falcon turned. "How are the people settling in?"

"Fine, your highness, but it's Sarzonia."

Falcon sighed. "Oh dear. What are they up to?"

"They're mobilising troops."

Falcon turned again. "If one bullet falls on an innocent head, there'll be trouble. Compose an official telecast. Sarzonia can look but not touch. If he wants a war, a war he'll get."
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (2) 1 [2] 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0170 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->