Start new topic
SDL (Strategic Defense League)
Posted: Dec 15 2005, 01:33 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Falcania @ Dec 15 2005, 11:59 AM)
QUOTE (Sarzonia @ Dec 15 2005, 06:50 AM)
[OOC: From the looks of it, Falcania's ignored his colonisation attempt on Diamindokere. If he'd never RP'd that to begin with, I never would have left the SDL. In the "new reality," the measure just died in the House rather than have Levine walk out and leave SDL at the altar, as it were. That's how I'm explaining how Sarzonia never joined an alliance when they now don't have the same kind of reason to not be in it.]

Yep. I'm hoping that if I ignore it, it'll go away. So are you rejoining SDL or what?

OOC: If you don't try any imperialism up my bum crack, yeah. Otherwise, no.
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 15 2005, 06:52 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

OOC: I can't speak for Sarz, but i'm sure that he let you have Diamindokere if you cut a deal with Crys, Falcania.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Dec 18 2005, 09:32 PM
PMEmail Poster

Jacobi watched as both numbers throttled toward the final count, but the vote count didn't include several members who weren't in attendance. The final vote count came in at 246-246. She announced the vote, which if it were final would kill Sarzonia's chances of joining the SDL.

However, Connors spoke up.

"Objection," he thundered." I move for a manual vote with all members in attendance."

"Bart," Connie snapped, but she soon saw murmurs of agreement from people on each side of the aisle. She closed her eyes and grimaced, finally taking a deep breath.

"Very well, all members please handwrite their votes and bring them to the House Page. She picked up a sheet of paper and wrote her vote onto it, then turned and handed it to him. She knew the manual count would take a long time, but she was determined to make everyone in the chambre wait it out with her.

"I direct all members to remain in this room until such time as the manual count is complete." She heard the eventual groans from the members, knowing that could take several hours. "If anyone wants to use the powder room, now's the time." She almost felt the hours drag on as the manual vote was taking place, then she received a note that Sarzo left Woodstock en route to Hamptonshire. That meant Lewis was in charge and she could veto the decision even if the House voted in favour.

She wondered if she was even going to get the opportunity to talk to Lewis and impress upon her Sarzo's wishes, but she found something even more ominous. Sarzo left no instructions with Lewis as it related to the vote. She was going to make the call herself if the House approved the measure.

After eight hours of the manual count, the page finally returned with a sheet of paper. Jacobi looked at the contents and drew in her breath. She slowly walked up to the microphone and tapped it twice.

"Your attention in the chambre, I have the outcome of the manual vote in my hands."

[OOC: If Falcania wants Diamindokere and he makes a deal with Crystilakere, he's going to have to reassure Sarzonia that his intentions are not hostile. He may also have to provide other considerations.]

This post has been edited by Sarzonia on Dec 18 2005, 09:33 PM
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 19 2005, 03:26 AM
PMEmail Poster

"Sir, the Sarzonian vote on the SDL has just come in," said the aide as he rushed in, completely out of breathe. Nedalia's SDL Intelligence Office was following as closely as they could, with their sources in Sarzonia using every bit of knowledge and connection they had to get the results back to Kafra.

"Well?" asked Foreign Minister Dewars Strand.

"246-246, sir."

"F**k. That means no Sarzonia in the SDL then..."

"Not neccessarily, sir. It was reported that their was an objection and call for a manual recount. Apparently, many of the members weren't in attendance."

"So what exactly is going on?"

"Well, sir, they're going through the manual recount process, and our sources are saying the results should be out in any minute now."

"Listen, as soon as the results come out, no matter whether favorable or unfavorable, I want an official statement, private and discreet, dispatched to Sarzonia. Understood?"

"Yussir."
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Dec 19 2005, 06:21 AM

QUOTE (Sarzonia @ Dec 19 2005, 03:32 AM)
[OOC: If Falcania wants Diamindokere and he makes a deal with Crystilakere, he's going to have to reassure Sarzonia that his intentions are not hostile. He may also have to provide other considerations.]

OOC: Nope, that little diamond-shaped island is more trouble than it's worth.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 19 2005, 09:35 AM
PMEmail Poster

[OOC: Time to end the suspense.]

Jacobi looked around and was aware of a presence in the chamber. She looked back and saw Lewis standing there with a steely gaze in her eyes. Jacobi scanned Lewis's eyes for some indication of what Lewis was thinking, but Lewis stared purposefully ahead, giving nothing away.

Jacobi took a few extra seconds to compose her thoughts as she was aware of every eye in the chamber being on her. She was also aware that the television cameras pointed intently at her and the political junkies, not to mention those paid to be the talking heads of Sarzonia, were waiting for her to respond.

God I wish Josh were still here, she thought. She was going to propose a Constitutional amendment to do away with term limits if it was the last thing she did. She knew it probably would be, but that this point, she didn't give a damn. She just wanted this moment to be over with.

Finally, she screwed enough of her courage to the sticking point to announce the vote.

"By a vote of 276-274, the House of Delegates votes in favour of ratification." The room erupted into a mixture of wild applause and hisses and cat calls, but Jacobi banged her gavel forcefully.

"Lieutenant President Nicole Lewis is here to announce her decision."

The hearts of those in the Progressive Party and the Liberal Party who pushed for the alliance were in their throats because their normally strong coalition with the Moderates was almost nil. As a Moderate, Lewis was dead set against the SDL, and she was given no explicit instructions before Sarzo left for Hamptonshire.

Lewis walked up to the podium and began her speech.

"Sometimes in our adult lives, we have to make decisions that we know will be unpopular," she began. "Sometimes, we have to look at the bigger picture and make decisions that may not be what we want for now, but we know will mean a better tomorrow. It is in that spirit that I hereby ascribe my signature ratifying Sarzonia's petition for entry into the Strategic Defence League.

"My opposition to encumbering alliances is well-known," Lewis said. "This move is not one that I would make if I were President. However, out of respect for Mike's wishes, I'm going to defer to his better judgement."

The next sound to resonate through the chamber was the sound of 550 men and women finally exhaling.
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 19 2005, 02:01 PM

OOC: What does ratifying mean? Does this mean you're in?
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 19 2005, 03:10 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Falcania @ Dec 19 2005, 02:01 PM)
OOC: What does ratifying mean? Does this mean you're in?

OOC: Yes.
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 19 2005, 07:36 PM

Keeping abreast of all the happenings in the Sarzonian government as regarded the SDL votes, President Stone and the Lamonian cabinent watched the feed from SDL intelligence intently as the manual recount took place. When Jacobi announced the 276-274 vote in favor of ratification, things started to wax euphoric; until Stone quieted everyone down when Lieutenant President Nicole Lewis appeared on the screen to make the decision as to whether to sign on to the petition or not.

You could have heard a pin drop in the Lamonian cabinent room as the Sarzonian Lieutenant President made her speech. They all knew that the Madam Lieutenant President was against the SDL; and the applause only started when her speach had concluded. By then, the applause was deafening. Some helpful soul brought in a case of Lamonian Vodka, and a party-like atmosphere erupted. Luckily, the Lamonian statement was sent out BEFORE everyone got drunk. biggrin.gif

CODE
To: Lieutenant President Nicole Lewis, Sarzonia

Madam Lieutenant President,

While we are aware of your personal displeasure at Sarzonia's joining the Strategic Defense League (SDL), we would like to express our congratulations on your nation's decision to join our humble organization of peace loving nations.

With respect,

Matthew Stone
President
The Free Republic of Lamoni
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (12) « First ... 10 11 [12] 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0165 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->