Start new topic
Coronation in Khazaron
Posted: Sep 10 2005, 09:32 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Stone smiled. "Excellent, shall we start work on an alliance charter, then?" (OOC: Who wants to write it up?)
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 11 2005, 09:42 PM

Patriarch Khara listened intently to Mr.Stack respond and smiled at his words. "I couldn't agree more Mr.Stack. As for your occupation of Easter Latao and Nyssa, you'll find no argument from Khazaron. Were it not for our recent expansion eastwards, I would attempt the same thing in the south. As it is, it will be easier for my country just to keep an eye on those Latins and make sure they don't screw things up. More than likely I will leave behind a force large enough to help set up a new government in the south, allowing the others to return home." Turning to face President Stone, Patriarch Khara adressed his comment. "Yes, let us get started on at least some basic principles to set out, if nothing else."
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Sep 12 2005, 02:04 PM

Stone knew that Lamoni had written the FLMS charter, so he had the kind of experience required. "Okay, let's start with something easy, and go from there. What should we name this new alliance?"
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 15 2005, 12:59 PM

Patriarch Khara furrowed his brow and thought to himself for quite awhile at President Stone's question. This would require alot of thought, something like this couldn't just be decided lightly. The name would need to reflect their prinicples as well as an aura of power, to let any would-be enemies know they meant business. Finally Patriarch Khara returned his attention back to the others present at the table. "How about the Self-Defense Alliance or the Strategic Defense League? We want to convey what purpose we are creating this alliance for in the name. At least that is my opinion on it. What ideas do you gentleman have?" Patriarch Khara then looked around the table at each of the statesman present.
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Sep 15 2005, 04:42 PM
PMEmail Poster

Stack eased up in his chair, deep in thought. He liked the sound of the SDL, Strategic Defence League. Finally he spoke up, "I think the Strategic Defence League will work fine."
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Sep 15 2005, 07:25 PM

Stone thought about naming the alliance the 'Strategic Defense League.' At first it sounded strange, and didn't exactly roll off of the tongue. The more that he thought about it, though; the better it sounded.

He finally spoke up: "I too think that we should call our new alliance the Strategic Defense League."
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 15 2005, 09:49 PM

Patriarch Khara smiled, obviously happy that his idea for a name had been well recieved. "Very well then. I suppose the next step should be setting down some basic tenets for the SDL. It should go without saying that the first should probably be a pledging of mutual defense amongst the members would be amongst the first of our tenets."
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Sep 15 2005, 10:14 PM

"We could also help the economies of the various member nations like the FLMS does. Not only would that help safegaurd us from economic attacks, but think of the trade benefits as well. Of course, physical mutual defense goes without saying, as you said, Patriarch."
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 15 2005, 10:20 PM

Patriarch Khara nodded in reply to President Stone. "Of course. I did not mean to discount other forms of aid, if that his how it sounded. An economic aid amongst members would indeed be most helpful to our alliance. In fact, one could reason that the economy is on equal footing with military prowess. The military being like the muscle of a nation, and the economy being like the blood."
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Sep 16 2005, 10:01 AM
PMEmail Poster

"Indeed, I agree with both suggestions. Aid is of vital importance, as the member nations need to know that they can count on their counterparts when in need, both economically and militaristically. I do have one suggestion, however: we not implement regulations, or basic laws on any of our member nations. The Nedalians are fiercely independent, and will not receive implementations of laws that they disagree with or do not see directly involves them."
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Sep 16 2005, 10:07 AM

"Agreed. Khazaronians as well are fiercely protective of their rights and pirvelages." Replied the Patriarch as he leaned back in his chair. "I, however, would like to take the idea one step further. What say we make it a rule? The SDL shall not regulate the policies of any of its' member nations, so long as the agree to support their allies in the previously mentioned fashion. Since any nations that join will probably be doing so because they enjoy the idea of military and economic aid, we can assume that despite any possible differences, they wont provide much of a problem to other members." Patriarch Khara paused to think for a moment then turned his attention back to Mr.Stack and President Stone. "Although I must say that the idea of a member nation possibly abusing such trust somehow, does leave me a bit concerned. Any ideas on how we could appropriately deal with such a threat, should it ever come?"
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Sep 16 2005, 10:30 AM

QUOTE (You Three)
"...Strategic Defence League..."

OOC: Cool, you've named your new alliance with the same acronym as Starblaydia's all-Dwarf Ice Hockey league. Starblaydi Dwarven League or Strategic Defence League? Prepare to have the piss taken out of you something rotten by Starblaydi officals when you announce this, ha ha!
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Sep 16 2005, 02:25 PM

*Is forced to laugh.*
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 16 2005, 05:09 PM

President Stone spoke up. "The FLMS charter states that the member nations of the alliance can expel a nation from the alliance with a 2/3rds vote. That was how we booted Latao from the FLMS. I would suggest something like that would work here."
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 16 2005, 09:14 PM

Patriarch Khara steepled his fingers and nodded at President Stone. "Sounds good to me. What else should we add to the charter?"
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (9) « First ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0213 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->