Start new topic
Taking Back What's Ours
Posted: May 9 2005, 02:51 AM
PMEmail Poster

Official Transmission
To: AORDO, FLMS, Sarzonia; n/inc Ryloss
Re: Chacoran POWs

Greetings,
While at this time I personally pray for peace, I must ask that the AORDO, FLMS and Sarzonian government help the Chacoran people. Ryloss has taken POW's and have claimed that they would be released only at their "sole discretion."

We cannot accept this. For the safety of our people, we must make it known that it is imperative our POWs are released, safely, unhurt, at once. There is no foreseeable end in sight, however much I wish for it. Side conflicts like this, however, only serve to heighten tension.

Tommy Douglas

Official Transmission (PRIVATE)
To: Mike Sarzo
Subj: Everything

Warmest Greetings, Mike.
Let me start by emphasising how much I wish to end this conflict, but as you may already know it is too dangerous at the current time, with Xilean forces in the area, to risk doing anything.

I ask for your help to safely remove all Chacoran troops as deep into the conflict zone as you can, as we will Sarzonian troops. They can later be returned safely, perhaps via a neutral country so as to avoid them being shot at by these said Xilean forces.

Also, I'd like to request help to diffuse the POW situation. I understand that you and your government has direct relations with Ryloss. We must request that all POWs be returned as soon as possible, if not at once. To allow the Rylossian government to release them at their own discretion is ridiculous and utterly unacceptable.

I sincerely hope we can co-operate on this matter.

Yours,
Tommy
Chacor
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: May 9 2005, 08:53 AM
PMEmail Poster

[OOC: If Xile doesn't have an RP'd explanation for how he managed to get past strict security on all our parts, I'm going to ignore his little insurgency attempt.]

TO: Thomas Douglas
Prime Minister, Chacor
CC:[/i] Lord Sero Tenal
Sovereign Architector, Ryloss
[b]FROM:
Mike Sarzo
President, Sarzonia
SUBJECT: Everything

Firstly, owing to the relationship that exists between Sarzonia and Ryloss, I must insist that all future communications from you also include Lord Tenal. [b]This particular point is not up for negotiation[/i]. Secondly, the fact that Chacoran citizens are still at large and pose a risk to Sarzonian and Rylossian forces precludes our releasing the expatriate Chacorans from their holding camps.

I must re-emphasize that Chacorans are being treated well; in fact, their treatment is in line with all terms of the Woodstock Convention [OOC: Think Geneva Convention] and, for the most part, exceeds the specifications of the Convention. Reports of concentration camp conditions or abuse are rumours that are not couched in fact.

I am willing to enter negotiations regarding the release of Chacorans back into undisputed Chacoran territory along with the return of Sarzonian territory to its rightful owners. However, in order to ensure the safety of our own military officers, and in fact the Chacoran expatriates on our soil, we can not release them now.
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: May 9 2005, 10:15 AM
PMEmail Poster

[OOC: I was assuming that people throughout the world were aware of what your uniforms looked like, as the entire textile trade is not dominated by either Sarzonia or Chacor. Also, I assumed that even though there is 'tight' security in the place due to the 'war-like' situation, little would be done to stop a patrol of Sarzonian forces, which the area is probably full of at this time, nor to ask for identification from common citizens who are squatting in the area.]
Xile
Punch-Drunk Psychosis
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: May 9 2005, 03:07 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

The Confederacy has received the official call for support to the FLMS. Latao wishes honor and glory to Chacor going their way, while keeping in the background for the time being. As an FLMS-member we do however recognize our duties when needed.

Latao NEC
Latao
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: May 9 2005, 03:50 PM
PM

OOC: Could this perhaps be an option for Atlantis to prove useful in terms of neutral territory/monitoring personnel?
Tom Joad
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: May 9 2005, 04:30 PM

In the much-troubled AORDO mobile HQ that roved around the disputed Chacor/Sarzonian territory essentially not doing anything, Colonel Heider Nicholson had sat waiting. Waiting for orders, mostly, or perhaps even a clue as to what was going on in the area. Conflicting reports had been telling him all sorts of things, until he had a message from someone important, Lord-Commander General Fyreskar himself.

CODE
Col. Nicholson, AORDO CO, Chacor/Sarzonia.

Proceed by Helicopter to Rylossian Embassy, Portland, Somerset.

Transfer force command to General Redwing, Rylossian Army

Pres. L-C. Gen. Fyreskar

It wasn't all that long of a ride in the jump seat of a Starblaydi Army Helicopter, suitably painted the dark-grey of the organistaion with AORDO nin big, bright, white letters. Passing over the streets around the Rylossian embassy he could see Rylossian troops manning barricades, razor wire, tank traps and all sorts of nasty-looking things.

Better then than me in a slog-fest down there, he thought to himself, I'l be glad when this Rylossian General takes this force over, perhaps she'll have some ideas.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: May 9 2005, 05:11 PM
PMEmail Poster

<Several minutes later>

Col. Nicholson was lead by the Rylossian infantryman to the Ambassador's office, where General Redwing was at work with her staff coordinating with the units keeping the rebels pinned.

"Ah, Colonel. I assume you're here to transfer command? I'd just recieved word you were on our way. This is good, it will give us the man power to calm the situation down. You're 1st Mechanized Brigade and 3rd Armored Brigade will be in charge of capturing the Chacoran rebels. We're implementing a pamphlet drop over them, announcing we will be dropping a Fuel-Air Explosive on top of them if they don't surrender within an hour of the pamphlet drop, which we will. Lamoni's mechanized infantry brigade get's the pleasure of informing the Chacoran army that they're to pack up and move out before the first Sarzonian civilians arrive, which will be soon. My own men will be running rear echelon support and security.

This whole situation should clear itself up soon, since the processing of the POW's is almost complete, I'm told. Honestly, though I have total confidence in the Architector, a lot of this political grand-standing is a pain...

You're welcome to enjoy some of our hospitialities here, Colonel, but otherwise, we're done here."

General Redwing turned back to her planning table and went to work.
Ryloss
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: May 9 2005, 07:57 PM

CODE
To: Chacorian Army HQ

AORDO has given us the dubious 'pleasure' of informing you that all Chacorian troops and police are to be pulled out of Sarzonian territory before the Sarzonian civilians move in (which should be fairly quick).

ENDS
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: May 9 2005, 10:47 PM
PMEmail Poster

Newman fiddled with his binder where he kept the information surrounding the tense period in Atlantian Oceania history. He was getting more and more nervous. He knew that as soon as Sarzo returned from Pacitalia, he would have a lot of explaining to do. He also knew that if he said the wrong thing, he'd be sent packing. Needless to say, this was not a good time to be Vice President for Defence.

He checked his e-mail and noticed the warning message to Chacoran citizens to vacate their homes or fuel air explosives would rain down on them. Oh great, he thought. Just what I need. The cold war that was developing between Sarzonia and the FLMS was just a misstep away from igniting into a period of bloodshed and thousands of lives hung in the balance.

"Mr. Vice President, word is that Xile is behind some of the explosions to the north."

"Xile?! Are they trying to go to war with us?"

"Not likely John," Jared Calvin, an aide who was a potential star in the Defence Department said. "They're probably trying to ignite things between us and Chacor. I'm sure they'd like nothing better than to see us go at it with the entire FLMS."

"They damn near succeeded," Newman said. "What can we do about Xile?"

"I say send them a threatening message and if we come to a peace accord with Chacor, go after them."

"I'd rather set those prats to rights sooner, not later."

"Look, we're stretched pretty thin as it is. We can't afford to get militarily involved with Xile. If we can get past this damn Inkanan Civil War, we can go after them."

"If we can get past this Chacoran situation, we'll be able to bring our muscle to bear on Xile," Newman said. We'll focus on Chacor and the disputed territories for right now and when that resolves itself, we've got a little 'surprise' for those bloody wankers."

Both men nodded. Now wasn't the time to brag. Now was the time for resolute intensity. Somehow, the dogs of war would be loosed. The only question was who their prey would be.
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: May 18 2005, 03:23 PM
PMEmail Poster

[OOC: Are we going to RP the negotiations or what?]
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: May 19 2005, 04:57 AM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: I'd like to, yeah. However I'd like to finish the Wiki article on this up till where we are first. You're all welcome to help. It's in the AO category, and can be linked from Chacor's Wiki entry.
Chacor
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: May 19 2005, 08:16 AM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: Could you do us a favour and provide a link to the article itself so we don't have to go hunting for it?
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: May 19 2005, 10:55 AM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Sarzonia @ May 19 2005, 08:16 AM)
OOC: Could you do us a favour and provide a link to the article itself so we don't have to go hunting for it?
Bedistan
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 21 2005, 12:28 AM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: SPOILER! If you don't wish to know the result of the WC22 final yet, please don't read on.

IC:

To: Mike Sarzo; People of Sarzonia
Re: Congrats

Warmest Greetings,
On behalf of our nation, I'd like to extend a very hearty congratulations to you, your nation and your football team for achieving ultimate glory in the World Cup. We see this happy incident as a stepping stone towards mending relations.

Tommy
Chacor
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: May 31 2005, 08:49 AM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Chacor @ May 19 2005, 04:57 AM)
OOC: I'd like to, yeah. However I'd like to finish the Wiki article on this up till where we are first. You're all welcome to help. It's in the AO category, and can be linked from Chacor's Wiki entry.

OOC: I added some more stuff to it, trying to put an impartial eye on the situation. I included the part where there's disagreement on the actual number of Chacorans in the disputed territory and Sarzonia's attempts to get Chacor to include Ryloss in communications sent to it.

The article is still fairly brief when compared to monsters like the Second War of the Roach article, but there's more content than before. Feel free to add or edit what's needed to ensure a fair voice.
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (7) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0201 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->