Start new topic
FLMS
Posted: Apr 17 2005, 05:34 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Latao Federal President, Roger Omsec speaking

Entire Latao is disgusted hearing from the decision, that the Sarzonian-Regime put innocent Latin people into jail for political reasons.

The National Executive Committee demands the immediate release of these political prisoners!

We wonder, how the regime would legitimate this act of terrorism to the international community of Atlantian Oceania.

As a civilized country, Latao will not adapt these Hussein-methods used by the Sarzonian-Ideology-Regime. Citizens of Sarzonia, are guaranted safety within the borders of the Confederacy of Latao; however the person of Mike Sarza is considered a terrorist-dictator and must expect to be arrested when entering Latin territory.
Latao
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 17 2005, 10:27 AM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Falcania @ Apr 17 2005, 05:35 AM)
King Falcon II enters, carrying two buckets of FFF. "What did I miss?"

Williamson looked at the King, who apparently chose to not send a delegate. "Well, here's Resolution 1, which I've just proposed. Considering that even Latao hasn't objected, provided security is not compromised, I hope that you will support it as well."

George throws a copy to King Falcon II (OOC: just go back to my earlier post for the text).

Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Apr 17 2005, 10:40 AM
PMEmail Poster

After hearing the Sarzonina response, as well as the situation of Latin citizens, Williamson and Hargrove start scribbling on a legal pad. When they are done, George brings another resolution to the chairman:

CODE

RESOLUTION 2
Sarzonian-Latin Relations Act

WHEREAS the Latao Confederacy and the nation of Sarzonia are currently in a dispute over the treatment of each others citizens.

WHEREAS this situation has led to the arrest of Latins currently residing in Sarzonia, who were unable to leave during a 72-hour "grace period"

REMEMBERING that among the principles of the FLMS includes the policy of fair treatment to our citizens and our neighbors, yet

RESPECTING the rights of any state to ensure the security of their land.

Therefore, let it be

RESOLVED, that the FLMS requests that any Latins arrested for not evacuating Sarzonia be released immediately to the nearest FLMS member nation, who will ensure their safe passage to Latao.  Let it be further

RESOLVED, that the members of the FLMS neutral in this dispute act as intermediaries, and propose a mediation summit in Legalese between Sarzonia and Latao.

Williamson cringed after turning this one in. "Darn writers cramp..."
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Apr 17 2005, 11:16 AM

Sirs,
the Latin government is also considering to take this serious international incident to the regional council.

We demand that all Latin citizens in Sarzonia, which are arrested due to political reasons (except real crimers) are released immediately!
Otherwise, the Atlantian Oceania must interfere and speak sanctions against this inhuman regime of Mike Sarzo.
Latao
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 17 2005, 10:24 PM
PMEmail Poster

Felix Gordon stood up, wrinkled his brow and began speaking. "This is an outrageous move [by the Sarzonians] that should not be condoned. However, the Chacorian Government would like to note that being an immediate neighbour to Sarzonia, cutting off ties would not be feasible, but urge the Sarzonian Government to release all political prizoners into Chacor, the nearest FLMS member to Sarzonia, for safe return to Latao. Chacor duly accepts Resolution Two."

This post has been edited by Chacor on Apr 17 2005, 10:41 PM
Chacor
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 17 2005, 10:40 PM
PMEmail Poster

[OOC: I had a response written earlier today but my network went down just before I clicked "Send" so it's lost. Ugh.]

If the government of Chacor or any other FLMS nation arranges for the transportation of Latin citizens out of Sarzonia at their own expense, we are willing to allow the detainees to depart without further incident.

We must note the following: One, the government of Latao has consisently chosen a hypocritical, racist policy when the evidence of their crime rates being among the region's worst completely eliminate their credibility for imposing such insulting fees. Two, their actions in not ensuring the departure of their citizens in a 72 hour period we considered more than reasonable to allow their citizens to depart suggest that they did not take our government's stance on their behaviour seriously as an expression of our government's displeasure with their short-sighted policy. Thirdly, if an alliance of so-called "like-minded" nations can allow rampant discrimination at the point of entry, we do not want to be a party to said alliance.

Effective immediately, we consider Latao to be an "unfriendly" country, which is a reduction from our previous notation of "neutral." We question the ability of FLMS nations to be "neutral arbiters" given the status of Latao as a member of that alliance. Additionally, the government of Latao shall be under no illusions: I personally will not set foot in Latao, nor do I ever intend to. Finally, any negotiations shall take place in our capital, Woodstock, or they do not take place at all.

Mike Sarzo
President
Incorporated States of Sarzonia
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 17 2005, 10:48 PM
PMEmail Poster

Official Chacorian Government Statement

We must at this moment apologise to the FLMS and to Latao, but the government will not provide accomodation and transportation for these political prisoners at our own expense. However, should the FLMS all contribute to transporting the prisoners out of Sarzonia, we will guarantee their safe return to Latao.
Chacor
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 18 2005, 12:30 AM

Dear FLMS-Partners
We are glad, that Sarzonia is willing to release all of our citizens that are arrested for political reasons via Chacor.

This is an important trust building action of Sarzonia we appreciate. Said action may free the way for future talks to normalize our relations with Sarzonia.

Due the day, when the last Latin citizen is set free, the warrant of arrest against President Mike Sarzo will be abolioshed.

However, the state of Latao will not pay any travelling costs, as it was these people's own fault, not to leave Sarzonia within the given time frame, Latao takes the costs for diplomatic negotiations.

We also thank the nation of Chacor for their help making this solution possible.
Latao
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 18 2005, 12:50 AM
PMEmail Poster

Williamson turned to the Chacorian delegate: "Surely you should not bear the entire cost of the operation. We move that the member states, upon passage of Resolution 2, share the cost equally."

George then turned away, feeling his phone buzz. He excused himself, opening the phone.

Moments later, George returned, motioning to his assistant. Luther James Hargrove got up, and followed Williamson around the corner. "What's going on, George?" he said.

"Hargrove, get ready to take a flight. Marcus wants you to go to Sarzonia, if they'll take you. He's working on the arrangements now. You know what to say."
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Apr 18 2005, 07:01 AM

Nadia Pumia, Latao Foreign Minister

Since it is obviously not acceptable to Sarzonia to live with our travelling policies, we might have to find a solution in here.

The status quo is not satisfiying, as the Confedarcy allows Sarzonian citizens to enter Latao under the terms pronounced, while Sarzonia completly blocks any traffic from Latao.

We are awaiting an approach of the Sarzonian leaders how this situation can be solved.
Latao
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 18 2005, 11:19 AM
PMEmail Poster

There is only one way this situation can be resolved: Latao must repeal its racist, bigoted policy regarding admission into its country. Otherwise, Sarzonian sanctions shall remain in force indefinitely.

We have noted that with the FLMS contributions paving the way, Lataoan citizens shall begin departing Sarzonia once Resolution 2 has been passed and the money has been received by us. Until such time as the money has legitimately been transferred to Sarzonia's accounts, Latin citizens in Sarzonia shall remain detained.

We question the "neutrality" of the Legalese delegation to Sarzonia. We would like to request an impartial third party mediator who is unaffiliated with the FLMS.

Mike Sarzo
President
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 18 2005, 11:43 AM
PMEmail Poster

As UN Delegate, Abattoir will happily send a delegation to attend the meeting. In hopes this would not only serve to keep the neutrality of the talks, but also as a chance to improve relations between our nation and the highly respectable Sarzonia.
Abattoir
Pinprick of Apathy
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Apr 18 2005, 12:37 PM
PMEmail Poster

Hargrove was on the plane, when he heard the phone rang. The Legalese delegate, hopefully enroute to Sarzonina, picked up. "Hello?"

"Hargrove, Marcus here. The Sarzonians aren't sure whether or not they'll let you in, as they want a third-party in on the talks."

Luther James Hargrove shook his head. "Don't they realize that we're not huge fans of that Latins either?"

"I don't think that matters as much as the fact that we agreed to an alliance including them. Anyways, Abattoir is supposedly sending an intermediary. If it'll make the Sarzonians happy, it's fine with me."

Hargrove pondered things for a second. "Aren't you worried about Abattoir's neutrality? They are from the SAAS, after all."

"Luther, don't worry about it. Just make sure the Sarzonians know that we're on their side, as long as they don't escalate things."
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Apr 18 2005, 01:00 PM

The Latin Federal President enters the room straight-faced carrying a SIG 9mm with him...

Gentlemen, I'm starting to lose my patience with this despot.

Sarzonia is acting more impertantly as the time continues. Especially yet, that this regim e is blackmailing the respectable and honorable nation of Latao with its own innocent people!

Ladies and gentlemen, this behaviour is inhuman.
I can't believe the words I hear from this dactorship. Not, that this terrorist is jailing innocent people, and blackmailing our entire alliance with that, he even wants money from us for doing so!

I appeal to your decency and your honesty, let us stop 'crazy Mike'. Latao is a civilized country, I say we should follow the way of political negotions, Sarzonia can however establish passports with bio-metric data or even join the FLMS to get the same entry terms, while on the other hand, we must discuss the option of violent intervention. A special tactical team should be sent to Sarzonia and free our innocent people from this terrorist regime.

We are not going to adopt special terms for this rogue state that jails innocent, fellow people for their own abject goals.
Latao
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 18 2005, 03:00 PM

King Falcon II looked over his bucket, and he could see trouble brewing. He got out his pistol and his chequebook. "Look, you lot. Can't you just get along?" he started scribbling in his chequebook. "let's see. 5 million USD from our environmental budget should cover all the costs. Who needs trees anyway?" He looked over at the Latin Federal President. "Please comply. Sarzonia: Release his people. Latao: Put away your soldiers. The Falcanian army is content at the moment. I don't want to bankroll 500,000 troops patching up relations between your countries. 5 million should be perfectly adequate for the purposes."

This post has been edited by Falcania on Apr 18 2005, 03:03 PM
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (10) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »

[ Script Execution time: 0.0133 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->