Start new topic
A O C A F I I :: Rp Thread
Posted: Aug 11 2004, 12:56 PM
PMEmail Poster

President Lauir had been too busy dealing with the assassination of his close friend, General Hadilla. Apparently, the team took this situation as a moment of weakness that could be exploited. They lost a match, and tied versus Lamoni. Not that their record so far was bad at 2-1-1, but it held the opportunity for failure. Failure, above all else, could not be tolerated.

So Adonis made it interesting. Anyone scoring a goal in the next match would be rewarded a 1 million mark compensation, 10,000 marks for a play deemed 'great' by sportscasters and the president's aides, and 1,000 marks for every blocked shot and save. He also decided to make it very clear that anyone seen as a 'burden' to the team would be executed. Since he had not been present recently, this burden had not yet been pinpointed. He deemed it a matter of time.

The Bullet Wounds were next to face Crystilakere, who had taken down the only team so far to defeat them, and were considered quite the underdogs against the more experienced team. Another million mark bonus would be added to everyone's paycheck if they beat this team. If they lost however, anyone considered to have held the team back would be executed immediately following their return to Xile. Adonis had every member of the team, as well as the coach, added to government payroll as 'propaganda supplies' and gave himself the freedom to tinker with their new paychecks accordingly.

After writing all of this down, so that his assistants would not forget to make appropriate changes in policy, he looked up to his Chief of Staff - Hector Millidon - and said, 'Give the recovering John Nwoko our regards. It seems as if he has become quite the mascot in his hometown.'

Hector walked out of the room perplexed, and hurried off to complete what he believed were his leader's wishes.
Xile
Punch-Drunk Psychosis
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Aug 11 2004, 03:09 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Druids walk all over Blades
Thrashed 3-0, but still certain of Qualification

As Trevor Belmore, Trevor Welsh and Trevor Trevor all put the ball beyond Boaz Myhill, who quite frankly had a shocker between the sticks, Starblaydia still cheered at the final whistle, as they and their fans had finally worked out that they were assured Qualification into the final stages of the Atlantian Oceania Cup of Association Football.

Minister of Sport and Double-Posts, Lord Rikaard Van Honjiik, was in Vilita to watch the match against Starblaydia's Bekk Lake neighbours and promptly declared he must be a jinx to the team, who have lost every time he's watched them play live. Which is just one time. Lord Van Honjiik claims not to be a great Football fan, but he certainly will be present at every one of the Ice Hockey matches in the Cherry Cup 5 Finals, which Starblaydia hope to win over the next few weeks.

Starblaydia never really had a chance against the Druids, who seem destined to win this competition, haing scored hatfuls of goals and conceded just two. Starblaydia have also not managed to even draw against NEWI Cefn Druids in two matches, the first of which in the Wooden Spoon-winning performances in the first International Recreation Competition.

For the next match Rene Griffiths, who conceded just six goals in Eastal Lunar's promotion to the Vilitan Stellar - Vilita's top division - last season, will be replacing the thirty-five year-old Myhill who has been making far too many mistakes lately.

With Ceri Salisbury and former team-mate Ahmed Ol-wairain having such a good time back in the land of their former clubs, it is believed Griffiths will also feel right at home playing in front of largely Vilitan crowds. So playing Turori in their next match may not be so much of a hardship.

Oh, and curse that Trevor character too, all of 'em.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Aug 11 2004, 03:43 PM

Lamoni ties with Xile

Vilita (Nephi Times) -- Lamoni qualified for the AOCAF playoffs today with a tie against Xile. Xile scored at 5 minutes, and 8 minutes, but apparently began to slack off when they noticed that their national leader was not attending the game. This allowed Paul Wade to score at 21 minutes, and again at 25 minutes. Fearing for their lives, Xile then woke up from their self imposed slumber, and tried to regain the initiative. Lamoni knew what to expect, and kept two defensemen near the goal at all times. This new defensive arrangement allowed Lamoni to blunt the Xilean scoring machine, and end the match with a tie.

Coach Matthews, when asked about the day's developements; said this: "Our guys held their own against Xile. For that, we can be grateful. Even if we lose against Vilita, we are garunteed to make it to the playoffs. This is a great victory for the Lamoni Hawks, and they know it."

Lamoni - 2
Xile - 2
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 11 2004, 04:00 PM
PMEmail Poster

Stars on verge of quarters after squeaking past Eels

The Sarzonian national team was feeling a sense of urgency for two reasons. One, their World Cup qualifying chances looked bleak after being shut out against Tanah Burung and two, they looked flat in two of their three matches in the second AOCAF tournament. However, forward Brian Wilson atoned for inspiring Tanah Burung by scoring two goals to lead the Stars past Turori 2-1.

"Brian really felt bad about his comment; it wasn't intended to insult Tanah in any way," Coach Bryan Marshall said. "But the fallout from that gave him some extra motivation to do well and I guess he did his part."

The Stars drew first blood in the eighth minute when Wilson split the Eels defense and blasted a shot to the upper left corner.

"I usually shoot to my right since I'm a right-footed player," Wilson said. "I figured I might catch them off guard if I shot to the left. I guess I did."

Wilson gave the Stars a 2-0 lead from the spot in the 68th minute after forward Anton Gregor was caught by a cynical challenge in the penalty area.

Turori's Rikko Ambama continued his torrid play in the tournament by cutting the Sarzonian lead in half with a 76th minute strike that beat Kerry Tanner (five saves). The Stars defense stepped up and only allowed Turori 12 shots, with only six testing Tanner.

"This was only my second international match," Tanner said. "I have to make the most of my chances or I won't get many more of them. The defense played brilliantly in front of me."

The Stars play the group finale against Nojika, a team they drew against 2-2 during the first AOCAF tournament. This time, the Stars will have the added incentive of two Nojikan analysts predicting an easy win over the Stars.

This post has been edited by Sarzonia on Aug 11 2004, 04:00 PM
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 11 2004, 06:21 PM
PMEmail Poster

And That's a Wrap
Jungle Cats end Pedriana's AOCAF run

Vilita 5 - 0 PEDRIANA

The Pedriana Llamas left the field utterly dejected after being completely thrashed by the host nation in Matchday 4 of the AOCAF group stage. Despite the scoreline, goalkeeper J.C. Steich performed admirably, as the Jungle Cats could have easily sent a dozen goals into the net.

"It was simply a question of class," said Pedriana coach Olé Retaguma. "Vilita is a first-class team. We are a fourth-class team. All things considered, our boys did a great job out there."

While there is still one match remaining, the 0-1-3 Pedriana has officially been eliminated from the possibility of qualification. The final match against Krytenia at Owls National Stadium in Yeaddin will be "a chance to get the lads warmed up for the Baptism of Fire," says Retaguma.

Final score:
Vilita 5 (DuPont 19, 22, 62; Christiansen 40; Östling 79)
Pedriana 0
Pedriana
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 12 2004, 01:14 PM
PMEmail Poster

Stars look for berth, revenge against Nojika
As the Sarzonian national team began its preparations for its final first round match against Nojika, the Stars took to the pitch with a lot more motivation than most sides do against a team that played it to a draw.

"Our lads aren't exactly brilliant on the practice pitch, but they really came out with a lot of fire," Coach Bryan Marshall said.

The team was still seething from missing out on the World Cup qualifying by two points and from Nojikan analyst predictions of an easy win over the Stars.

"They disrespected our defense and our entire team," defender Mike Coyle said. "Two-nil? Four-nil? Are you kidding me?"

"We expect Nojika to be a quality side, but those comments were just uncalled for," forward Brian Wilson said. "We've got a lot to play for, especially with our loss in the World Cup."

The Stars have had the Nojikan predictions on their clubhouse walls the entire length of the tournament and have had to wait to provide any payback.

"We can't get out there and just commit a lot of fouls and try to injure people," midfielder and team captain Bobby Convey said. "We have to be able to channel that anger and focus on the job at hand. We still have a lot to play for."

"The best revenge is to be ahead at the final whistle," midfielder Darwin Russell said. "That's what we're going to be going for."
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 12 2004, 02:57 PM

Nojika Prepares for the Stars

Disregaurding the comments by their coaches, the players of the Nojikan national team seem to understand that this may be the most important game for them; this game will decide wether or not they advance to the finals.

"My boys know that they have a job to do here. They know that this game will decide their fate and will come back to haunt them in future matches against the Stars," head coach Randy Mulder said, "they've got a lot of weight on their shoulders to stand up and do what they do best. The can't come out easy and end hard, that's not the way this game is going to be; it's going to be a full 90 minute race to qualify."

In order for Nojika to qualify, they will need to beat the Stars or tie the Stars while Turori loses to Starblaydia. The outcome of Stralphi's game could also effect Nojika's qualification for the finals. Regaurdless of all the possibilities, Nojika knows the easiest way to qualify is to beat their opponents.

"We've got a lot of pride in the way we play this game and in our abilities. There is no doubt in our minds that we can't beat this team...but it's doubtful that we will do what our coaches said we could do, beat a team with a lot of skill 4-0? Not unless half their team is asleep during the match." said keeper Jessie Stange.

Nojika will have on it's starting line up it's best players, including rookies Shane Follett and Andrew Beat. Veteran starters will include midfielders Vito Denardis and Trenton Hegan as well as many other favorites.

When asked what the team has been doing to prepare for this match, foward Jerrel Alson said this; "We've been doing a lot of running. A lot," he laughed, "other than that though, our defence and midfielders have been doing a lot of one on one drills and the midfielders and forwards have been working a lot on finishing and control in the 18. The work we've done the past few days will surely help greatly in this final match."

It is believed that Nojika will play a strong defence oriented line up in hopes to destroy any hopes the Stars may have to score. But the Panthers won't give up their all-star forwards; Beat, Alson and Denardis will be up top together making opportunities for each other.

Formation:
1-3-3-1-2
Starters:
Keeper – Jessie Stange
Sweeper – Shane Follett
Stopper – Brice Delce
Left FB – Lance Greenlaw
Right FB – Coty Guthmiller
Center MF – Trenton Hegan
Left MF – Sam Lundin
Right MF – Carlos Amoa
Center MF – Vito Denardis
FWD – Jerrell Alson
FWD – Andrew Beat
Nojika
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Integrity Messenger IMAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 12 2004, 03:56 PM

Calling another team meeting, Coach Matthews waited until all of the team had come in from practicing, and told them this:

"Regardless of what happens when we play Vilita, we will still make it to the AOCAF playoffs. However, if we do win against Vilita, we will be in a MUCH better position in the playoffs, not having to face the better teams until later on. That is why we are going to practice and study the moves of Vilita as if this was the German Blitz of London. We are going to keep the 2 defenders near the goal defense strategy, only this time, it will be a LOT more important to do so from start to finish. Ivan, you are going to have to make a hell of a lot of saves. The defensemen will do their best, but we have all seen what Vilita's team can do. Last but not least, the President of the Free Republic and I are VERY proud of how well you have done in this, our first international tournament. Remember how we were initially treated as pushovers? Well, I daresay that they don't think that about us anymore! Who's with me?!"

As he said this, the team cheered.

"All right guys," the coach said next, "let's get to work."

Witht that, the team was in for LOTS of practice on how to take advantage of Vilita's weak points.

This post has been edited by Lamoni on Aug 12 2004, 03:58 PM
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 12 2004, 05:54 PM
PMEmail Poster

Nwoko Killed In Own Home

Crystilakere 1
Krytenia 1

Krytenia's one-all draw with Crystilakere was overshadowed last night by news of events in the Krytenian city of Aigburth. Popular commentator John Nwoko, on sabattical after being assaulted by Xilian thugs, was found dead in his house. He was 58.

Nwoko had, it transpired, been shot twice, once in the head and once in the chest. DNA testing on hair cells found at the scene place a Xilian national working in Krytenia at Nwoko's home. The Xilian, who for legal reasons has not been named, has been charged with first-degree murder and is currently on remand, awaiting trial.

The Krytenian Government has expressed its deepest sympathy to Nwoko's family. John Nwoko leaves a wife, fifty-four year old fashion designer Estelle, and two children. Charles, 34, is a pilot with the KAF, while James, 29, is a science teacher at his father's old school.
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 13 2004, 09:38 AM
PMEmail Poster

The Daily Druid

GROUP WON, QUARTERS BEACON
Wayne Ottgunn-Irwin reeports on the Druids' AOCAF Cup Progress.

Three more games, three more victories for the Druids here in Vilita, as they have eased through to the quarter finals of teh AOCAF Cup. Again, in all three games, the Druids used unconventional starting line ups in bids to throw their opponents of their game, and it has worked well.

Against Nojika, the Druids played a formation that could probalbly be best described as 1-2-1-2-1-2-1, but despite an apparent lack of width, the Druids came through relatively unscathed, with a 3-1 victory.

After playing as few Trevors as possible in their first match, against Starblaydia, there were eleven Trevors on the pich, while the substitutes used were all also called Trevor. Again, it paid off, with Trevors Belmore, Welsh and Trevor all scoring.

With the group already won, the Druids played Stralphi without a defence. Even the goalkeeper was sacrificed, as the Druids tinkered with a 0-6-5 formation, with Juan Pablo Trevor officially named as goalkeeper, but rarely entering his own penalty area. In the end, the game finished 4-2 to the Druids, but it was one of the most entertaining (and when Stralphi attacked, sometimes comical) games so far in the championships.

In their current form, the Druids look like being favourites to retain their title, but there are still a fair few good teams left in the draw, so this tournament is by no means over yet...
NEWI Cefn Druids
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 13 2004, 12:05 PM
PMEmail Poster

'Supremely motivated' Stars earn revenge, berth 3-0

The Sarzonian national team used the motivation from comments made by Nojikan coaches as fuel and got a hat trick from forward Brian Wilson en route to an easy 3-0 win to advance the Stars to second place in Group B. The Stars will get set to face Xile in the quarterfinal matchup.

"We were supremely motivated by those insults from the Nojikans," Wilson said. "We wanted to go out there and show them we can play football with the best of them."

The Stars dominated the match, almost from the opening kickoff. Wilson opened the scoring in the sixth minute with a deft run through the Nojikan defense and faked sweeper Shane Follett out of position and blasted a shot past goalkeeper Jessie Strange.

"I wasn't really trying to think about putting a move on [Follett]," Wilson said. "I just let my instinct take over. I probably couldn't repeat that move if I tried."

A perfectly placed corner kick by midfielder Darwin Russell led to a Wilson header for the second goal in the 23rd minute.

"I just tried to send it into the area and hoped one of our guys could get to it," Russell said. "I was glad to see Willsie sky up there and get it before Strange could."

Wilson completed the scoring in the 38th minute from the spot when Russell faked Nojikan stopper Brice Delce out of his shoes and Delce was forced to foul him. The Stars ended up playing 59 minutes in Nojika's end.

"That was about as complete a match as we've played outside of the Baptism of Fire Cup," Coach Bryan Marshall said. "We're going to need another outstanding effort to beat Xile."

The Stars said that playing in the quarterfinals would be plenty of motivation against Xile, but a team source who spoke on condition of anonymity said that previous hostility between Sarzonia and Xile "might play a role" in the team's motivation for the quarterfinal match.

"I don't think it's any secret that there's no love lost there," the source said. "If Nojika thought we were motivated before, we'll be even more motivated now."
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 13 2004, 12:14 PM

First Footballing Quarter Finals
Blades ready for Crystilakere test

With Ahemed Ol-wairain and Simon Hill scoring their third and first goals of the tournament respectively, Starblaydia drew 2-2 with Turori, ready to meet the Crystils.

Recent history suggests that Crystilakere will come out on top, as in the previous meeting in the International Recreational Competition, Crystilakere came out 4-0 winners, racing into the lead and cantering to an easy victory. Starblaydia won 8 point in Group 2 in the AOCAF, compared to Crystilakere's 10 points

We're not expecting it to be easy against the second-tiered team, but hen again Starblaydia have already defeated Second-Tiered team Sarzonia 2-0, so rank will certainly not be the only factor in determining the outcome of this match.

Team for the Crystilakere match, barring injury.

Starting XI:
GK, 12, Rene Griffiths
RB, 3, Ceri Salisbury
CB, 13, Elliot Ward
CB, 5, Stephen Asante
LB, 6, Vladimir Tsarev
DM, 2, Philip Ifil
RM, 11, Boomer Moore
AM, 7, Simon Hill
LM, 8, Steve Owens
CF, 9, Guylain N'Dumbu-Nsungu
CF, 17, Ahmed Ol-wairain
-----------------------------
Substitutes:
GK, 1, Boaz Myhill
GK, 18, Tim Deacy
DM, 4, Enrico Bigon
CM, 14, Matthew Young
AM, 15, Olaf Vikerman
CF, 10, Christian Kabeya-Mbaya
CF, 16, Samir Ben Said Nasri
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Aug 13 2004, 03:12 PM
PMEmail Poster

Stars look to 'wound' Xile

The Sarzonian national team began the first stages of their preparations against Xile with notable chips on their shoulders. They were getting set to face Xile, a country that Sarzonians have developed extreme dislike towards.

"I don't think I can say anything about Xile that can be printed in a family newspaper," a team source said on condition of anonymity. "Let's just say we have plenty of incentive to win this next match."

The Stars noted the death of Krytenian analyst John Nwoko with a moment of silence before practice began, then began a "fiery" practice, Coach Bryan Marshall said.

"I've never seen the lads so focused out there," Marshall said. "I'd pity anyone who put on a Bullet Wounds' kit the way the lads are going out there today. But kickoff will be a different matter."

"We have to make sure that we stay focused on football," midfielder and team captain Bobby Convey said. "We can't let our hatred toward anyone affect what we do as a football team. The moment we start letting ourselves get away from Sarzonian football is the moment we start conceding goals or finding ourselves out of position."
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 14 2004, 04:28 PM

Lamoni loses to Vilita, retains playoff berth

Vilita (Nephi Times) -- In a game to determine Lamoni's position in the AOCAF playoffs, Vilita defeated Lamoni 2-1. Vilita scored at 50 minutes, and 78 minutes. Lamoni's lone score came in the first half of the game. The goal was scored by Jason Dreweck.

Lamoni faces Vilita again in the playoffs, and will be seeking revenge for the loss.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 15 2004, 11:30 AM

New-Look Vilita Edge Out Lamoni

Turoki National Stadium, Turoki City, Vilita::
user posted image

------------Under 21 Newcomers Christos Tchami of Cedniavella and Mauro Baraza of Newly-Promoted Stellar Division side Eastal Lunar made their Jungle-Cat Debuts against Lamoni in the Final AOCAF II Group A Qualifying Matchup. Joining them on the bench would be Kirota Locals youth prospect Jeremie Emeka, The first player ever called for International Duty from the Kirota region, and joining Defensive Midfield prospect Lai Otieno as the only recognized Vilitan-Based internationals playing outside the Top Two Tiers of the Vilitan League. Nicoló Alicicco's inclusion behind the midfield suggests that the 29 year old Colonial Sile midfielder may be set for a shocking call into the 23-Man World Cup Finals Squad. Lamoni started the match well and was able to score early against the AOCAF II hosts. The crowd at Turoki National was left in silence when the Falcons took the lead 10 minutes from the interval.

------------The Jungle Cats made one Change at the half, with Debutant Tchami being replaced with fellow u21 Newcomer Emeka, in what appeared to be a pre-determined substitution. The change paid instant dividends for the hosts when Emeka worked well down the left, getting a cross deep into the Lamoni area which Mauro Baraza emphatically powered into the back of the net, scoring on his debut and pushing well for a place in the u21 starting lineup. 15 Minutes later, The Jungle Cats would make another substitution, with Alicicco making way for National Team Captain Santo Kecker, looking for 25 minutes of fitness to prepare for the World Cup Finals. Kecker proved his talent well on a 78th minute free kick, leaving the Lamoni keeper no chance and sending the Jungle Cats into the AOCAF II Quarter Finals on a 4 match winning streak. The Jungle Cats Opponent in the Quarter Finals will once again be Lamoni, who despite the loss were able to hold on to the 4th position in Group A over Krytenia.

Goalkeepers :: Bryan 'Pop' Duiker & Rory Issah
Defenders :: Emarka Laniora, Danilo Liguori, Christos Tchami & Esemar Aliana
Midfielders :: Nicoló Alicicco, Umberto Melli, Malovar Stokks, Tanner Nerni, Alexander Östling, Jeremie Emeka, Santo Kecker & Musa Nikiema
Forwards :: Serge DuPont, Mauro Baraza, Lorenzo Mumamba & Germán Salomón
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (6) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0230 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->