Start new topic
Meeting in Kafra: Part Deux
Posted: Aug 2 2006, 09:42 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Khara nodded in agreement with the Bazalonian representative. "That sounds like a good idea. However, I don't think we should make this an SDL versus SAAS election for the UN delegate seat. It seems to me that something like that would only irritate people in neutral countries and ASPIRE and just make matters worse for us in the long run. As far as publice relations for the SDL goes at least.

While I like the idea of Bazalonia putting out their own candidate, I think it should be done with hardly any kind of official backing from the SDL. If any questions come up, let's just say that we are keeping the two arenas seperate or somesuch."
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Aug 2 2006, 10:22 AM
PMEmail Poster

Yasmine Dala'a, somewhat saddened and frustrated at President Holton, who had chosen not to return to his seat, was now back in the Council Hall, trying to catch up with the rest of the members. She listened to President Khara, and nodded in agreement.

"I concur. Let it be known that if Bazalonia were to run its candidate in the UN elections, she would undoubtably receive the full backing of all SDL members. However, this shouldn't be announced publicly, as we wouldn't want to alienate, or challenge, any other neutral or alliance."

She glanced quickly at her sheet infront of her.

"From what I'm hearing, we seem to be divided on whether to keep the Chacorian crisis affair or whether to intervene. I would like to state Nedalia's stance on the matter. We believe that, having sought us out in order to aid them, and considering that all who have voiced their opinion on the matter agree that the land under rebellion is indeed Chacorian land, the SDL should send official representation to the country to observe what exactly is happening over there. Who knows; perhaps the Chacorian government have been oppressing the people, thus making the rebellion completely legitimate in Nedalia's eyes. The point being, nothing should be rushed. Official SDL representatives could be dispatched to observe and report their official analysis; then we could think about the next step."
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Aug 2 2006, 10:37 AM

Patriarch Khara nodded in agreement with President Dala'a. "I agree. Furthermore, the Dominion would like to offer humanitarian aide to the citizens on both sides, to insure that those who are truly affected by the machinations of this conflict are looked after. This is, of course, provided that neither side is conducting actions outside the bounds of international law."

Khara seemed to stop to think for a moment before continuing. "Even if they where, I would still think something should be done to help those who are left homeless and in need of care, in light of what is going on. I think the best position for Dominion, maybe the League as a whole, should be a sort of beneavolent neutrality to the citizens of each side. At the very least we will come out of it smelling like roses for helping the less fortunate."
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Aug 2 2006, 06:24 PM
PMEmail Poster

"We had been thinking about the UN for sometime and I just wanted to make sure that we had at least some support. As for the Djacor-Rysonia, we support an observation crew. Even though they claim to have nuclear weapons I have to wonder, where has the testing been? I may be wrong but to my knowledge Chacor didn't have nuclear weapons before Djacor-Rysonia's sessation. That's the thing about Djacor-Rysonia, there are alot of things that we can't be certain of. If Chacor was in fact persecuting it's citizens or if there are nuclear weapons.
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 2 2006, 09:06 PM
PMEmail Poster

"Any canadidate who is not Starblaydian will be backed by me and my ministre des affaires étrangères" said Twaxlit. "We will not put our own candidacy, but we don't want Starblaydia to control two of the most important things in Atlantian Oceania, as they already control the AORDO."
Septentrionia
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 4 2006, 10:37 PM

As Khara was sitting there, listening to his peers dicuss what to do about the latest run of UN regional representative elections, his attention was diverted by Danielle Uram tapping him on his shoulder. Leaning over slightly, allowing her head to come within whispering distance of his ear, he said "What is it?" in a soft tone, so as not to interrupt the conversation.

"This just came in." she said, slipping him a printout. Khara grabbed it, and scanning it for a second, let out a frustrated sigh and stode up.

"My apologies, but I have something important to bring to this League's attention. I think you all should have a look at this." With those words he placed the paper in the middle of the table and allowed everyone who wanted one, a look at it.

Standing there, he crossed his arms and let his gaze drift from one member to the next. "So..." he began, rubbing his right hand on his temple. "What do you propose we do now that Starblaydia has upped the ante in the Chacor situation?"
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Aug 4 2006, 10:51 PM
PMEmail Poster

"Going back to the situation in Chacor and Djacor-Rysonia, it has come to our attention that Chacor has in it's constitution a way that Djacor-Rysonia could legally secede. If a referendum is held with Djacor-Rysonia and 2/3rds of the the vote is in favour of the seceding then Djacor-Rysonia will be legally seceded, but if not then well, we'll try and resolve many issues.

Obviously the fighting and antagonism will have to end and diplomacy will need to be achieved. Coupling this with Chacor's request for SDL intervention. I propose an SDL police action in Djacor-Rysonia. Ensure that nothing agressive happens by either side until the referedum has a chance to be undertaken.

If the referendum has been successful then we can maintain our prescence until Djacor-Rysonia asks us to leave." stated Prime Minister Hawdon as he just received a message from his aides in regards to the Djacor-Rysonia situation from DFAT.
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 5 2006, 01:43 PM

The SDL meeting was in full swing when all of a sudden, a rather flustered President Brooks burst into the meeting hall.

"So sorry I'm late," he huffed. "All sorts of wierd things happening... holes appearing all over the place... someone or something is totally wrecking our football pitches, the bastards."

He sat down, mopping his brow.

"So... what have I missed?"
Bettia
We don't do defence
Quote Post

AOLYahooTop

Posted: Aug 5 2006, 02:14 PM

Khara couldn't help but let out a chuckle as he saw President Brooks rush on in to the meeting room. Shaking his head slightly, and still stifling the chuckle, Khara turned his attention back to the others at the meeting. "Oh, not much." he quiped sarcasticly.
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Aug 6 2006, 04:44 PM

"Just the new AO Delegate elections, the fact that Djacor-Rysonia can legally secede from Chacor with a referendum, Chacor has asked for SDL assistance, and Starblaydia has put Djacor-Rysonia under it's protection." Stone felt like getting his two cents in.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 6 2006, 04:49 PM

(OOC: Since the edit feature doesn't last that long)

Stone continued speaking. "The Free Republic agrees that a multinational peacekeeping force should be sent to the affected areas."
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 7 2006, 11:33 AM
PMEmail Poster

Yasmine Dala'a shook her head at the Bazalonian comment, giving a look which implied that the SDL had to be cautious in the matter.

"The fact is, this is not an SDL exclusive issue. Obviously, the SAAS is involved, and then you got ASPIRE already trying to get a mediated meeting in one of their countries. So do send an SDL only force of any kind would be a big mistake, and will further alienate us from countries whom we have no problems with. If any multi-national force is to be sent to the area, it MUST be brought to ASPIRE's attention and there also must be a collaboration between our two alliances on the issue. If they aren't interested, then we take matters into our own hands, but the first step is to tell them about it."
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Aug 7 2006, 08:52 PM
PMEmail Poster

"Yes, it would be beneficial for us to have ASPIRE on our side, As for the the objectives of the mission,

1st objective: Militarily stabalise the situation. So that Djacor-Rysonia is not getting attacked by Chacor and Chacor is getting attacked by Djacor-Rysonia.

2nd Objective: Facilitate the running of a referendum, ensuring that neither camp will attempt to influence the decision through force

3rd Objective: Should the referdum be in favour of seceding then help form a transitional government.

Once we've acheived all these objectives then it's time for us to leave, especially since they have shown that they want to join the SAAS. And Starblaydia could see it as an act of agression.

I'll have Richard, make a proposal to ASPIRE, if I get approval."
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 8 2006, 03:14 AM

"The proposal has my approval, and..." Stone stopped as an aide handed him a communication from the VOIA.

"Dear God in heaven...." he whispered.

Noticing that everyone was looking at him, Stone decided that everyone in the room had to know what was going on.

"It appears that there is ANOTHER thing on the SDL plate. A virus called the 'Quirrith Plague' has already infected eastern Crystilakere, and most of Falcania. (a look at the Falcanians went with this) The Lowland Clans and Ryloss are ony potentially infected. The plague appears deadly, and has a long incubation period. With the Chacorian sanctions on Ryloss, this shouldn't affect the health of our 'blockade' force, but we should give them the vaccination that AORDO forces and the VOIA are giving away to the entire region. I think that I can speak for the entire SDL when I say that The Lowland Clans, Falcania, and the other infected regions will receive whatever aid that we can muster."

(ooc: http://www.3wideracing.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1657 )

This post has been edited by Lamoni on Aug 8 2006, 03:15 AM
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 8 2006, 05:59 AM

Falcon raised an eyebrow. "I think you'll find there's no infection in Falcania. The RPF made sure of that."
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (6) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0216 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->