Start new topic
Oliverry adopts new flag and new coat of arms!
Posted: Jun 16 2006, 02:19 PM
PMEmail Poster

Yesterday, the minister of Heritage of Oliverry, the Regionist Jean-Claude Laliberté, announced that a new flag was presented to the Oliverrians. "This new flag represents that, finally, both Limbrogidlia and Oliverry were merged together for the best and the wrong. Here it is:
user posted image
So, let me explain the colors:
Blue and Orange have been the official colors of Limbrogidlia for number of years. President Twaxlit told me that these colors are so old that nobody remembers why they were chosen. The Red symbolizes Oliverry.
I also presented a new coat of arms. The thing you see in the middle of the flag is the small coat of arms. Now, let me present the real coat of arms:
user posted image
Again, let me explain this coat of arms:
It is divided in 4 parts by the St. George's Cross, which symbolizes England, one of the founding nations. In Canton Dextre du Chef, the common symbol for Limbrogidlia: 3 gules stars, but they were agenced so that they could fit in their corner: They were placed diagonally instead of horizontally. In Canton Semestre du Chef, 3 Or fleurdelys, representing France, another of the founding nations. In Canton Dextre de la Pointe, another symbol for England: The Or Lions of Richard Lionheart on a Gules background. To finish with the shield, the last corner, Canton Semestre de la Pointe, the unified colors of the 3 founding nations. To finish, the motto has been placed on the bottom of the shield with the inscription: "Liberté, Démocratie, Courage", which means "Freedom, Democracy and Courage". We wanted to keep it as simple as possible so here are our new symbols for the nation of Oliverry!"

NB: I've been using Wikipedia's Heraldry article for the name of the colors and of the parts of the shield

This post has been edited by Oliverry on Jun 16 2006, 02:19 PM
Septentrionia
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0136 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->