Start new topic
Prime Ministerial Tour of Atlantian Oceania (All)
Posted: Jun 23 2006, 12:49 AM
PMEmail Poster

"I hope she won't do anything stupid either, but we have to be prepared to take action and then as the SDL condemn the action and then there are going to be consequences within the SDL.. both things that we don't really want to think about but we have to in the current situation." mused Stephen

Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 23 2006, 08:30 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

"It would be to our benefit to have a plan in case something like this happens. Something that the SDL nations will agree to, but that will be effective. Any ideas?"
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jun 24 2006, 07:23 AM
PMEmail Poster

"I'm not sure... All that I can think of at the moment is call an emergency SDL meeting to discuss what to do. Though I certainly think if any agreesive actions are taken in, for the name of the SDL, whether it actually has our support or not should at least take expulsion from the SDL as a potential option. It would depend on a number of things and I don't think we can sayhow we'd react until whatever happens."
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 25 2006, 12:01 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Mulling over what the Bazalonian Prime Minister just said, Stone nodded politely and said, "I agree that we won't know how to react until it happens, and that we should have a meeting of the SDL council. Seeing as how it is getting late, I invite you to spend the night here if you wish. As for myself, i'm going to relax."

With that, President Stone lead everyone over to 'his' cabin, and found a rerun of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. biggrin.gif (OOC: Some of you probably know why I chose that movie for this post)
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jun 25 2006, 01:22 AM
PMEmail Poster

Stephen and Richard followed Stone and replied to his question.. "Thank you very much, I think we'll take you up on that offer."

and with that they followed Stone in and watched the rest of "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" before being shown to the rooms where they where going to sleep.
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 4 2006, 09:29 AM
PMEmail Poster

James Martin-Gibson was furious. Harry Livingston's final half-term as interim Chacor Foreign Minister had finished, leaving Yuri Noble to run the Foreign Ministry. But that wasn't the problem - Livingston had taken all the plans for Stephen Hawdon's visit to Chacor along with him back to CCL in Liverpool England.

"Yuri, Hawdon's due here in days. Bloody Livingston took the plans for our meeting back to CCL with him. What now?"

"Mr. Gibson, has Prime Minister Douglas been informed? Surely he can do something about it, seeing how Livingston's also his Foreign Minister in Liverpool England."

"I've tried to get to him, but failed to do so. He's away on a holiday or something... DPM (Michael Thomas James, usually just "Mike", "Tom" or "Jim" - he answers to all three) Harley's running the government. And as per our Constitution, when the Liverpool England PM - our head of state - is unable to fulfill his duties as head of state, the LE DPM doesn't take over - it's the Chacor HoG. Who, in this case, also happens to be Tommy Douglas... which means I'm effectively running the country right now."

"What do we do now?"

"We'll make it up as we go along. I think we should push for entry into the SDL if possible, or suggest some kind of a special relationship with the SDL (OOC: think the EEC/EU with Israel or Turkey), if full entry is not possible. Or we could suggest help from the SDL to resurrect the FLMS..."

"That works."
Chacor
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 4 2006, 11:26 PM
PMEmail Poster

The night went by there was nothing else for Prime Minister and President Stone to talk about so the next morning preperations where made for leaving Lamoni and flying to Chacor.

Farewells where made and the Bazalonians entered the plane and flew to Chacor...

"Bravo Alpha Zulu zero zero one, requesting permission to land."
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 6 2006, 12:25 AM
PMEmail Poster

"Bravo Alpha Zulu 001, this is the HAI (Hubana Airport International) Control Tower. Permission granted to land."

As the plane touched down, James Martin-Gibson stepped out of his car, with photographers clicking away at their cameras. As Hawdon stepped out of the plane, Gibson walked up to the visiting dignitary to shake his hand. While doing so, he whispered, "we've a slight problem, our meeting plans seem to have been lost, so we'll push a different agenda." Turning to the press, he shook PM Hawdon's hand, before ushering PM Hawdon into his personal car and driving off.
Chacor
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 6 2006, 08:08 AM
PMEmail Poster

Hawdon posed shaking James Gibson-Martin's for the media... and then into the car... before replying with a chuckle. "that's alright ... I didn't know what we where going to be talking about anyway. So what's the current plan?"

Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 6 2006, 09:45 AM
PMEmail Poster

Reaching the official residence of the Prime Minister, Gibson ushered Hawdon out of the car and into the sprawling mansion, which was owned by Tommy Douglas, but used by both Douglas and DPM Gibson. (The capital of Chacor is Chacoria, de facto, but officially de jure it is Hubana. The seat of the government is based in Chacoria, but the official residence of the PM is in Hubana.)

"Let's get down to business, Prime Minister... we feel that, as you may know, as a former (founding) member of the Federation of Like-Minded States, we would like to seek either the SDL's help in possibly re-starting the FLMS, perhaps as a sister organisation to the SDL, or perhaps Bazalonia could sponsor Chacor as a potential SDL member. Foreign Minister Yuri Noble has also suggested the possibility of Chacor establishing full economic and political ties with the SDL, but not as a full member."
Chacor
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 6 2006, 10:24 PM
PMEmail Poster

"Any proposal either with membership, to help the re-establishment of the FLMS, or economic ties would have to go to the SDL council and we'd be happy to facilitate and do whatever we can to help with whatever your government decides. We'll organise an SDL meeting.
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 7 2006, 03:46 AM
PMEmail Poster

"Oh, Prime Minister... I've just received urgent news that a region of Chacor has unilaterally declared secession and self-sovereignity. Will you make a joint-press conference denouncing this? I'm sure we could also seek the SDL's help in Djacor-Rysonia's announcement of its intentions to join the SAAS..."
Chacor
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 7 2006, 08:20 AM
PMEmail Poster

"Just uni-laterally announcing a surprise cessation and self-autonomy is never a good idea if we could get Djacor-Rysonia to a the diplomatic table to discuss issues but as it currently stands my major concern is with the method, their out of the blue announcement. From where I stand for now, the issue needs to be resolved between the Independance seekers. Though we will be happy to aid in any way to help resolve this diplomatically."
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 9 2006, 08:03 AM
PMEmail Poster

"Thank you for your statement, Prime Minister. Bilateral ties are relatively weak at this point in time... the Chacoran Government has nearly no presence in Bazalonia, and vice-versa. Perhaps we need to establish consulates?"
Chacor
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 9 2006, 08:32 AM
PMEmail Poster

"Most certainly." stated Stephen adding, "and I think with a view for an embassy exchange in the near future. We don't want to push our relationship too fast too quickly."
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (9) « First ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... Last »

[ Script Execution time: 0.0181 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->