Start new topic
The SDL gets together for some Tea
Posted: Mar 12 2006, 06:51 AM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: This is in conjuction with the other threads going on. This is a closed thread about the meeting between Bren, Stone, and Khara.

"Mr. President?"

"Yes, Janice, what is it?" President Bren looked up from his from his intel report, putting his eye glasses down.

"I've got Mr. Khara and Mr. Stone on the live audio and video feed."

"Ok, patch it through to my office."

Bren let out a loud sigh, rubbing his forehead in the process. In one swift move, the entire AO was thrown into utter chaos, with intel from nearly every country going berserk as if the world had just collapsed. The centerpiece, ofcourse, was the situation in Starblaydia. If things were going wrong there, then every dictatorship in the region was going to have to deal with the suddenly brave opposition movements, and that would have immediate reprecussions on the entire region. At this rate, war was starting to look likely. The TVs sliding down from the wall opposing him interrupted his thoughts. He composed himself as the two pictures came on; one of Stone, and one of Khara.

"Gentlemen! Its been a while, how the hell have ya been? First and foremost, Ive heard about slight civilian unrest in both your countries, and I want to apologize first hand. I was told it had to do with me bringing out the news that Starblaydia had orbital weapons to the public. I did not mean for the uproar."

He adjusted his seat. He knew what had to say, he just didnt want to believe that the prospect of war was real.

"I know you're both aware of what's happening in Starblaydia, and I know you both know what that means for the region if it keeps up. We stood united once, and we quickly tore down a tyrannical rule in a very, very short time. And it is united I'm asking you to stand with the Nedalian military again. It pains me to say it, but the situation is detioriating quickly, and for some reason, I just dont believe this was a one time incident in Starblaydia. If Starblaydia falls into civilian chaos, other dictatorships will have to deal with their movements as well. Tiberius' language does not suggest he will let it happen....and I do believe that son of a bitch will somehow blame the SDL."

He took a sip of water, and then continued.

"You are aware of the Nedalian military's acquisition of Sarzonian vessels recently. That pissed the SAAS off. However, what you might not be aware of is that we are also planning on acquiring top of the line fighter and bomber jets, as well as top of the line ground units. That will not help the situation with the SAAS at all. I just dont see the regional tension dying out."

He looked up and stared at both screens.

"I'm not saying we are to full-out prepare for war. What I am saying, however, is to be prepared. Khazaron, Lamoni, and Nedalia stand together again, and I dont think there will be a match for us out there. Push comes to shove, we will be there to defend one another's countries. What do you say, gentlemen? We combine our military again?"

This post has been edited by Nedalia on Mar 12 2006, 06:51 AM
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Mar 12 2006, 07:16 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

OOC: Why no Falcon presence at this meeting?
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 12 2006, 07:26 AM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: The rest of the SDL will be included soon enough, its like a mini-meeting between Lamoni, Khaza, and Nedalia since we have prior history. Dont worry, as soon as this is done, there should be a meeting in the SDL HQs between all members.
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Mar 12 2006, 11:44 AM

Khara sat down at his desk, and after pouring himself a glass of rum, pressed a blinking blue button on a pad on the right arm of his chair. Righ then flat screens came up out of the desk and on them appeared the visages of President Bren and President Stone. Smiling as he toke a sip from the drink and greeted his fellow leaders, then listened as President Bren spoke. When he was finished Khara cleared his throat.

"I agree you with you Mr.President, should things get out of hand in Starblaydia and the need for armed action come about, we should stand together against whatever threats we may face. That is, after all, why we formed the Strategic Defense League, to help out each other and like-minded nations from any agressors. However, as it stands right now, I think we should avoid taking any actions that could be precieved by the Starblaydi government as threatening. As delicate as things are between our various nations right now, the last thing we need is something that could be construed as overt porvocation on our part. I suggest perhaps increasing our respective intelligence agents in the area, try to find out exactly who is responsible for this riot. Should we make any headway, we would then move to eliminate the source of the disruption, or just turn them in to the Starblaydi Inquisition."

Khara paused for a moment as he toke another sip from his drink and undid his tie.

"What say you gentlemen?"
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Mar 12 2006, 06:52 PM

After listening to President Bren and Patriarch Khara, the way was finally clear for President Stone to speak.

"I think that the SDL should hold military exercises in each member nation. Nothing that would be construed as offensive, but something that will get our respective armed forces to work together with better results. Lamoni has open land in the east of our nation to accomodate this if you gentlemen will agree.

I also happen to think that we should increase the intelligence presence in Starblaydia; and it is imperative that we find out who is behind the riots in Starblaydia. Where I differ is the fact that we could also use the protests to our advantage. IF whoever is starting them is a faction that the SDL could live with, a coup is always a possibility; though it would have to be well planned out before even I would authorize the attempt. We don't want to replace one dictator with another one, of course. If we could get these people to short out the ground link with the Starblaydi godrod station, that might also be a plan of action.

Even if we do turn in the source of the instability in Starblaydia to the Inquisition, how do we make sure that the Inquisition doesn't summarily let the true offenders go because they like the lie of SDL agents starting it so much more? Remember, the average Starblaydi currently has no more civil rights than Starblayde says that they do. Why should he treat our citizens any differently? What say you?"

This post has been edited by Lamoni on Mar 12 2006, 06:53 PM
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Mar 13 2006, 01:06 AM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: I doubt seriously that Sarzo or the folks in his administration would like the idea of having a faction of an alliance his nation's part of keeping his country out of the loop, especially if decisions are made that affect Sarzonia. Just a word of advice.
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 13 2006, 04:24 AM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: As soon as the conversation is done, word will be dispatched to all SDL allies to make their way to the SDL HQ, where everything will be discussed, including what the 3 leaders talked about. Obviously, if there is any disagreements or objections (making RPing all that more fun), then certain things wont get the go-ahead. There will be no desicion made without full SDL consent.

This post has been edited by Nedalia on Mar 13 2006, 04:26 AM
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Mar 13 2006, 11:25 AM

OOC: I'm still a bit pissed off that there's a splinter group inside the SDL.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 13 2006, 11:28 AM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: There is no splinter group. There never was a splinter group. AO existed before the SDL, and having combined our armies once before (Before the SDL), its simply getting in touch with old friends. No one will be left out of anything, just let us ICly finish up with the short conversation.
IC:

"All sounds good and dandy, guys. I do believe its time for the SDL to get together, I just wanted to run past you two the idea of our militaries working together like we once did....if push ever came to shove."

President tapped in his secretary, Janice.

"Janice, patch a letter through to all the SDL leaders. Tell them their presence is requested in the Headquarters."

He looked back to the televisions.

"Gentlemen, I hope I will see you here by tonight. We have much to discuss with the rest of the gang. The SDL has to take a united stand on the issue, as well as how to work about it. We'll have alot of ideas, im sure. Adios, gentlemen. Oh, and Khara! Bring some of that rum you're drinking!"

OOC: Consider the request forwarded to the leaders. We can either continue in this thread, or start a new one, no worries. No need to reply, just start RPing from the moment the leaders arrive on the SDL HQ Airstrip.

This post has been edited by Nedalia on Mar 13 2006, 11:41 AM
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Mar 14 2006, 12:37 PM

The Long Office, Royal Palace, Mathdon, Falcania

The communique landed with a soft pat on Falcon's desk. "Hmm. Another invitation. Now, do I land like a normal person, go for the popular but somewhat clichéd parachute drop, or do I engineer a plane crash for a publicity stunt? The latter is a bit extreme. I think I'll take my new private jet." The CA-1 prototype was lying on the airfield outside, being warmed slightly by the midday sun. It had been painted in a brilliant orange with a massive blue stripe down either side from above the cockpit. The passenger seats had been ripped out and replaced with nearly as much finery as the palace itself. Falcon hadn't thought of a name. "I'll have to bring that up at the meeting," he mused, as he donned his top-hat and pulled a cloak around his wings. He was met on the runway by his new aide, Status Aran.

"Your highness, the Foreign Office got a carbon copy of the communique and prepped your jet. It is fueled, and the trip to Nedalia should take 3 and a half hours. Your retinue will consist of me, a flight crew of eight including your head chef, and five bodyguards."

"Good good. Get in." Falcon and Aran began to ascend the steps. "Do we have any good DVDs onboard?"

"Well, sire, there's the Wallace and Gromit box set just in."

"Excellent." The door closed.

SDLHQ Airstrip - 3.5 hours later

"Cracking movie, Status."

"As you say, sire. The Nedalian consorts are here."

Falcon and Aran stepped down the ramp and shook Bren firmly by the hand. "Good to see you again, old boy. This fellow is my aide, Status Aran. Odds on he could drink you under the table."
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 14 2006, 10:18 PM

As Stone arrived at the SDL HQ in his government jet, the official Lamonian contingent at the HQ was ready and waiting for him. As he passed by, he noted that King Falcon had preceeded him there. 'I wonder how well that plane of his flies...' he thought when he saw the CA-1. Stone then got into his limo, and was taken in to the Lamonian compound. Stone would not put it past the SAAS to try to bomb the place. Since all of the delegates had yet to arrive, Stone decided that he would take a nap before the meeting started.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Mar 15 2006, 11:31 AM

No sooner had he finished his conversation with Stone and Bren, then did Patriarch Khara notify his people at the airstrip outside of Archon City to have his personal plane ready to fly ASAP. Even though it was late, Khara wanted to depart rather quickly as something as important as the current situation in Starblaydia required immediate attention from the SDL nations. He hopped into his limo, taking with him his aide Johnathan and his Minister of Foreign Affairs. On the way they stopped at a strip of land, in the countryside surrounding Archon City, to pick up some of Khara's private stock of rum.

The flight from Archon City was rather uneventful, spent mostly with Khara and his two tag-alongs discussing the various scenarios that could result from the current regional scene. It wasn't until they where almost there that Khara realised he hadn't gotten any sleep, and began yawning, almost falling asleep during his discussions with his aides.

After landing and disembarking from the plane, Khara managed a smile as he greeted President Bren. "Good to see you again old friend. How are things for you?" He then turned to a group of his men who where unloading a crate from the plane. "Allow me to present you and the members of your administration with a gift. Several cases of our finest Khazaronian rum."

As he presented the Nedalian President with his gift, he noticed out of the corner of his eye that his Minister of Foreign Affairs, Danielle Uram, was talking on her cell-phone and taking on a rather concerned look. Smiling politely, Khara turned back to President Bren. "Excuse me for a moment, if you don't mind." He walked over to where Danielle was, just as she was snapping shut her cell.

"What is it Danielle?"

She looked concerned and crossed her arms. "The Assembly has just voted to impose a boycott of all Starblaydi goods into the Dominion and for official sanctions against their government."

Shaking his head and letting out a great sigh, Khara let his gaze fall to the ground. "Inform First Archon Berin that I am on the situation and will deal with it with the best interests of the people at heart. Also remind those agitating with such strong words in the Assembly who holds the real power in the Dominion."

Danielle nodded and flipped open her phone again, making the call.

Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Mar 15 2006, 11:38 AM
PMEmail Poster

Bren had almost forgot about the problems ensuing in the AO as he caught up with his two long-time friends Khara and Falcon of Khazaron and Falcania, respectively. He had missed Stone of Lamoni, whom he was notified headed straight to the Lamonian compound for some rest. He suspected both the Falcanians and the Khazaronians would do the same. Bren himself was feeling a bit tired and stressed, but he would stick around till the rest of the SDL leaders got to the HQ before he would head out to the Nedalian compound for him own shuteye.
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Mar 15 2006, 09:55 PM

Khara stayed just long enough to make sure that President Bren and his assembled party got their gift, then turned to his aides and bodyguards, motioning for them to follow him as he got into the awaiting limo. After having settled into the plush seats of the limo, it sped off towards the Khazaronian compound at the SDL headquarters. Feeling himself finally relax after a long flight and a arduous day, Khara's eyes began to close, only to be immediately raised open when one of his party turned on the limo's television to reveal a newscast detailing an assasination attempt in Starblaydia.

Shaking his head, Khara turned to Danielle and sighed. "Notify Minister Arani to put all of our defense forces on Alert. Get the Directorate for Foreign Intelligence on this and have them bring me as much info on the attempt as possible. I want to know exactly what the blazes is going on in Starblaydia and how exactly that the vaunted Starblaydi Inquisition could have screwed up on this. Also have State Security begin running background checks on any Starblaydi's we have living in the Dominion, naturalized or otherwise, that have suspicious backgrounds that could link them to criminal organizations like this Break The Chain movement."

Danielle notted, intently jotting down several notes in her notebook as he spoke to her. Thankfully the rest of the ride was rather peaceful, with Khara quickly making for his room at the Khazaronian mansion in their compound. Placing two of his bodyguards outside his door, he gave specific orders not to be disturbed until the meeting was to begin.
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0133 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->