Start new topic
AOCAF X RP Thread
Posted: Sep 1 2005, 03:15 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Welcome to AOCAF X. Without wasting any time, lets get into it. Here is the group draw:

CODE
Group 1:
Druida
Turori
Cockbill Street
Nova Britannicus
Nojika
Chacor

Group 2:
Crystilakere
Krytenia
Nedalia
Hockey Canada
The Lowland Clans
Oliverry

Group 3:
Vilita
Sarzonia
Bedistan
Hypocria
Bettia
Jastica

Group 4:
Starblaydia
Lamoni
Fmjphoenix
Pedriana
Spruitland
Falcania

(Tenetitive Schedule)
Match orders:
Matchday 1: 1v4, 2v5, 3v6 (Monday)
Matchday 2: 1v3, 2v6, 4v5 (Tuesday)
Matchday 3: 1v2, 3v4, 5v6 (Wedensday)
Matchday 4: 1v6, 2v4, 3v5 (Thursday)
Matchday 5: 1v5, 2v3, 4v6 (Friday)

1st place team auto qualifies for quarter-finals, 2nd and 3rd place teams will play a second round as follows:

(Saturday)
A1: 2nd place in Group 1 plays 3rd place in Group 2
A2: 2nd place in Group 2 plays 3rd place in Group 1
A3: 2nd place in Group 3 plays 3rd place in Group 4
A4: 2nd place in Group 4 plays 3rd place in Group 3

(Sunday)
QF1: 1st place in Group 1 plays winner of Match A1
QF2: 1st place in Group 2 plays winner of Match A2
QF3: 1st place in Group 3 plays winner of Match A3
QF4: 1st place in Group 4 plays winner of Match A4

(Monday)
SF1: Winner of QF1 plays winner of QF2
SF2: Winner of QF3 plays winner of QF4

(Tuesday)
Finals: Winner of SF1 plays winner of SF2
3PPO: Loser of SF1 plays loser of SF2

There is an RP Bonus, and it will based primarily on two things. Quality and length. Lots of RPs with little quality will not do you good. Most importantly, have fun with it! I know I will!

This post has been edited by Fmjphoenix on Sep 1 2005, 08:02 PM
Fmjphoenix
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 1 2005, 07:54 PM

Hawks ready for AOCAF X

The Hawks have been cast into group 4 this time, and quite a group it is, featuring Spruitland, Falcania, Starblaydia, Pedriana, and hosts FMJPhoenix. The Hawks did pretty well in the last AOCAF, but they are going to need that kind of intensity again to make it to the knockouts. This squad has some fearsome offensive weapons, and the midfielders should help the defense as much as possible. Even the goalkeeper has been picked by the Lamonian footballing fans as the best in Lamoni.

Predictions:

Spruitland - Should be a winnable match for the Hawks

Falcania - This is the first time that Lamoni will face these FLMS allies, but the Hawks should win

Starblaydia - The team to beat in this group, Starblaydia has constantly been the team that gives Lamonian coaches fits; everyone is looking forward to this matchup

Pedriana - This should be another winnable match for the Hawks

FMJPhoenix - They have talent, but the Hawks should still win this one
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 1 2005, 09:35 PM

Jake Papas strolled up and down the locker room, looking through the documentation. This would be Falcania's first entry into any international football event, and indeed, competition. Fortunately, although inexperienced, strategy would be on the Falcons' side, Papas himself having been an experienced military tactician, and an expert in psychological warfare in particular. One match he was not looking forward to playing was the Starblaydia match, although it would be interesting to see how his tactics play out in front of the premier team in the group.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 2 2005, 09:38 AM
PMEmail Poster

Stars give Trautwig a try

In eight previous tries, the Sarzonian national team has never won a AOCAF championship despite five trips to the semifinals and one championship match, but in recent years, the team has sent a second choice side. This time, the team is turning to World Cup assistant coach Chris Trautwig to serve as the team's manager during the Atlantian Oceania Cup of Association Football tournament.

"We wanted Chris to have some genuine match experience coaching a team at the national level," Incorporated Football Federation Chairman Terry Mangione said. "With [national team coach Dave Wilson] moving on to Hypocria and Barry Owens coaching the team after he leaves, we wanted to have Chris get some solid experience."

Wilson said he was courting Trautwig to serve as one of his assistant coaches with the Hyppos, who will be among Sarzonia's Group 3 opposition in this 10th AOCAF, though Owens said he would ask Trautwig to remain with the Stars as his top assistant. Trautwig hasn't committed either way, but agreed to coach the Stars in this tournament.

"Either way, I'm going to get some solid experience," Trautwig said. "Vilita's an excellent side and will be a great measuring stick for us. We've developed a fierce rivalry with Bedistan over the years, especially since World Cup XXII. Hypocria is an up and coming side in my book. Bettia won a Baptism of Fire Cup, and we can't count Jastica out of anything."

Trautwig said he would employ a more defensive-oriented system than previous coach Bryson Juergens, but midfielder Jenna Raven "will play a prominent role" in the team.

"Raven's a genuine star on this team and she belongs on the senior side," Trautwig said. "I think she's going to be there one day. As it is now, we're fortunate she's playing on this team."

Trautwig said forward Kevin Wilson, who is appearing as a late match substitute in the World Cup, will retain his spot in the starting 11 for this Stars side.

"Kevin needs to get minutes," Trautwig said. "He's not going to get enough in the Finals."
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 2 2005, 03:36 PM
PMEmail Poster

AOCAF X - Group 3 Preview

It’s AOCAF time again and Hypocria, surprise finalists in the last tournament, have a tough draw in Group 3 alongside reigning AOCAF champions and former World Champions Vilita, former World Champions Sarzonia, former World Champions Bedistan, western neighbours Bettia and new boys Jastica.

The coach from the last tournament may have gone but six of his side remain and will be looking to achieve similar success, particularly after a dismal World Cup qualifying campaign. It’s not going to be easy though and here’s why . . .

Vilita

Current AOCAF holders, two time champions, twice runners up, current number one team in the region, what more needs to be said? Hypocria’s first match is against Vilita and it was the Jungle Cats who ended the Hyppos dreams in the final in Cockbill Street last time. They will be expecting a similar result again as they look to retain their trophy. Definitely a good match to get out of the way early.

Sarzonia

Another former World Champion and a side that has reached the AOCAF semis five times. Hypocria’s first ever international fixture was against Sarzonia in an Under-21 tie. That day the Star’s midfield maestro Jenna Raven, a member of the current AOCAF squad, ran rings around the Hyppos. The senior side have fared little better since with 3 - 0 and 4 - 0 defeats to their name during the World Cup 23 qualifiers. Hypocria’s players may be looking to impress Star’s coach Chris Trautwig who could be joining the Hyppo’s backroom staff in the near future.

Bedistan

The third side in the group that once lifted the biggest prize of them all. Despite their formidable reputation in the World Cup Bedistan have yet to really establish themselves in the AOCAF. But that could easily change and the Lions will be looking to improve on a second round defeat to Nedalia four years ago. A 7 - 1 Hypocrian win over Bedistan in an Under-21 match has little bearing on this upcoming game but we’ll mention it anyway.

Bettia

Ask any Hypocrian who his or hers second favourite national side is and they will say Bettia. Ask a Bettian fan what their favourite competition is and they are unlikely to say the AOCAF. The Aroras have never won an AOCAF game and have managed a mere two points from their two campaigns. But this poor form won’t last forever and they too have a winning record over the Hyppos thanks to a 1 - 0 victory at Cup of Harmony 15.

Jastica

Never underestimate the new boys. That’s something Hypocria fans have learnt in recent years. Some truly dreadful defeats to unranked sides in the World Cup qualifiers means that Hypocria will be approaching the game against Jastica as if they were playing seasoned veterans rather than tournament debutants.

Hypocria
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Sep 4 2005, 05:30 AM

The Secret Diary of Chris Hutton

Dear diary...

So close and yet so far. We've arrived in Fmjphoenix low in morale after their devastating loss to Oglethorpia in the World Cup playoffs, and on the back of a poor run of form that has seen us fail to win in seven games.

And to cap it all off, we've been placed into a rather tough group. Indeed, Bettia haven't enjoyed the best of times in this regional tournament. A cursory glance at our past AOCAF performances shows a rather dismal set of stats:
    P:8 W:0 D:2 L:6 F:5 A:17
The leaves us ranked 21st with a rather low rating.

We've been joined over here by a few of our fringe players, whilst some of us first-teamers (myself included) are rested for any Cup of Harmony action that might come our way. Of course, I've been lumbered with looking after my little sis Silli, so I guess that leaves me free to do a bit of sightseeing whilst the lads are busy training. I wonder what there is to see apart from some top quality stadiums. Or is it stadia?

Ah well. I've just been emailed the fixture list for our group. First up for the Aroras are Sarzonia, who have sent what is essentially a second XI. However, they have an excellent record in this competition and we will be hard-pushed to get a result.

After that we have our dear eastern neighbours Hypocria. They'll probably thrash us, but their performance in the last AOCAF gives us hope. If we can string a few good results together here... who knows?

And then we face Jastica, the only team in the group ranked lower than us, and thats only because they're new. They may be good at flag-making, but if we pull ourselves together maybe it'll be them waving a white one instead of us for a change.

And then, fresh from doing the double over us in the WC qualifiers, come Bedistan. I don't expect to get anything from this match - but at least that guy in the blond wig won't be playing.

And lastly we have Bilita - never heard of them... so obviously these guys are no good and will be a total pushover.

What? Silli seems to think it's Vilita. Well, thats different then - we're gonna get thrashed. At least I'll be able to impart some advice to the team on some of their players. Must've been a typo - perhaps I ought to suggest that those clowns in the FAB get some keyboard lessons.
Bettia
We don't do defence
Quote Post

AOLYahooTop

Posted: Sep 4 2005, 07:01 PM

"...Lord Rikaard Van Honjiik, Minister for Sport, was announced today by the SFA as the manager for Starblaydia's AOCAF team. Lord Van Honjiik, who co-managed Starblaydia's World Cup 22 squad with Nikola "Laser" Lazerevski, was said to be 'very excited' by the prospect of managing the most successful current nation in the regional tournament's history..."

"That sneaky lil' bugger," Khim said, muting the TV, "e's tryin to make imself untouchable, like that Elliot Gould guy."

"Ness," Robb corrected, "Elliot Ness."

"Nah," Khim dismissed the correction, "he wasn't in 'A Bridge Too Far', ye wazzock."

Robb decided not to take the discussion any further and carried on writing his Group 4 preview article for the Jhanna Chronicle. Even ex-footballers had to pay the bills for their fourth homes and private jets somehow.

Few Tests On the Way to Quarters
Starblaydia to cruise through Group 4

by Roberto Di Bradini

Starblaydia have, of course, one of the finest records of any team in this competition; only bettered by a bunch of Druids who don't exist any more, save in a toned-down, largely inebriated form.

The Starblaydi team this year looks a little younger than usual, but with the inclusion of Cherry Garcia it certainly looks a lot brighter from the males' point-of-view. Seasoned campaigners, especially in the form of Captain Dimitri Steliopolous, will add steel to this side's backbone but the rushes of youth will attempt to prove themselves against the second-best teams of the nations in this region.

In Group Four, though, Starblaydia should have a free run to the top of this Group. Lamoni, as always, will provide the sternest challenge on paper. Familiar names such as Pedriana and Spruitland will be the second tier of teams but the real one to watch are hosts Fmjphoenix. The Vikings have certainly met the challenge of Starblaydia at Under-21 level, with the Junior Vikings actually being more successful than their Starblaydi counterparts, but on the world stage Starblaydia are streets ahead. Never underestimate, however, the power of a home crowd in a tournament

Oh and don't forget Falcania, either. They eat lots of fast food, apparently.

Robb's Prediction:
1st: Starblaydia
2nd: Fmjphoenix
3rd: Lamoni
4th: Spruitland
5th: Pedriana
6th: Falcania

Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Sep 4 2005, 11:39 PM
PMEmail Poster

Wife: Get to bed will you

Husband: Can't gotta watch the game.

Wife: What game, it's capitalism day tomorrow, wait.

*checks the time*

Wife: Actually it is past midnight so today it is capitalism day so there are no games, no sports, it is a day off you...

Husband: See what you know, there is a football game later today and I am getting ready to watch our national team play.

Wife: Are they actually gonna win?

Husband: Silence woman, don't you jinx them now.

*Wife rolls her eyes as she leaves the room*

This post has been edited by Jastica on Sep 4 2005, 11:40 PM
Jastica
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

ICQYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 5 2005, 01:20 AM
PMEmail Poster

"And you're on in three, two, one."

Mort Tunney, host of Football Today: Hi, everyone, Mort Tunney with you on [i]Football Today, your exclusive source on Sarzonian national team happenings. With me is Sarzonia's world cup assistant coach and AOCAF head coach Chris Trautwig. Chris, good to have you on the show.

Chris Trautwig: Thanks for having me Mort.

MT: Okay, let's get right to it, shall we?

CT: Sure.

MT: Let's talk about Sarzonia's Group 3 competition, starting with Vilita.

CT: They're perennially one of the toughest teams in AO and the world. Our record against them hasn't been too promising, if I remember correctly, we only have one win against them. If we're going to be able to win this group and not have to play a second round game, we have to beat the Jungle Cats. Defensively, we're going to have to remain sound the whole game.

MT: The Cats certainly are on the prowl. Let's talk some more Cats, namely the Bedistan Lions.

CT: That's most likely going to become the new big rivalry for us in the future. We've played since World Cup XXI, I believe when we were in the same qualifying group with Bedistan. Very even rivalry, and a lot of bad blood between our teams. That should be a very entertaining match. It will be 90 hard-earned minutes regardless of which side gets a result.

MT: Tell me about Hypocria. As you know, your soon to be former boss is taking the manager's job over there.

CT: Dave Wilson asked me to evaluate the Hyppos to see what system he should employ with the team. I'll give him that report before his tenure with Sarzonia officially comes to an end. He and I both have great respect for the talent and potential on that Hypocria side. We're not going to take anyone for granted in this group and least of all Hypocria.

MT: Okay, what about Bettia? They won the Baptism of Fire Cup recently, didn't they?

CT: That they did. They've shown a lot of potential as well. They're going to be a football side to reckon with. This isn't going to be easy by any stretch of the imagination.

MT: Last team in our group, Jastica.

CT: They're the great unknown. That's what makes these guys so dangerous. We don't have the game tape on them we do on the other teams in our group. We're going to have to work hard and hope we're doing things the right way.

MT: Any special preparations for this tournament as head coach after being an assistant so long?

CT: Well, our purpose here is to evaluate our players for future World Cups, but we also want to get in there and win one of these. We need to see some of these players in game situations and see how they handle them before they get promoted to the full World Cup side. I'm going to be part of that process too, the IFF wants to see me handle being a head coach. And Dave wants to see me get some good experience. This should be a challenge.

MT: Wish we had more time, but we've gotta get going. I'm Mort Tunney, with Stars Coach Chris Trautwig. We'll be back after this.
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 5 2005, 08:02 AM
PMEmail Poster

2005-09-05

SHANT SPEAKS OUT!
Veteran midfielder furious over not getting starting role in Jastica's AOCAF match today.

Marra, Jastica - As the team flew out this morning for their match against Bedistan most of the players were unwilling to discuss much in relation to their upcoming match. One player however bucked that trend coming right up to our reporters and demanding an interview. Here is what transpired once we found a secluded place to conduct the interview:

Reporter: I appreciate the time you have taken to grant me an interview Mr. Shant.

Frank Shant (FS): It is Frank and actually I thank you.

Reporter: Well, your welcome. So what specifically did you wish to discuss, I assume...

*Frank cuts the reporter off*

FS: The roster, have you seen the roster? Some 21 year old upstart with next to no experience gets a starting role on our roster. It is going to be difficult enough to beat a team like Bedistan however imagine some kid gets chosen over me! HE is from [the city of] Atlas for crying out loud at that. Since where have they ever had any football talent?

Reporter: So you are saying you would be better at that position?

FS: You better believe that is what I am saying! That is what everyone knows. I am the best midfielder in the game and coach Fart or Fisk or whatever wants to stick me as a substitute, the nerve!

Reporter: Do you expect to get much playing time during the tournament?

FS: Oh yes, of course, once they see how poorly this kid plays they will of course put me back in, just why do we need to suffer one or two mistakes that could cost us in goals by having me sit for the first game.

Reporter: How do you think coach Fisk will respond when he learns of this interview, do you think...

*Frank cuts off the reporter again*

FS: You know what, [Coach] John [Fisk] can kiss my rear end you hear me! Quote that too! I want all Jastica to know that if we lose today's game it is because I never started...

*Frank is distracted by the airport intercom system announcing that his plane is boarding*

FS: Ah shoot I gotta go, make sure you print that story you hear!
Jastica
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

ICQYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 5 2005, 10:17 AM

--------------------Mitaroka set to lead Regional Cats

---------------------In the midst of a high-profile stumbling in the decision to choose the successor to Helmut Vilkaous in the post of Vilita Jungle Cats head coach, FA Vilita Chief Representative Rory Issah wasted little time selecting a leader for the Regional squad to compete as defending champions in the upcoming Atlantian Oceania Cup of Association Football. During a meeting with his assistant Elekim Cairns at the FA Complex, Inland Peaks FC of Vilita head coach Calaesa Mitaroka arrived to submit an appeal for a red card handed out at the end of the previous domestic season that he hoped to get overturned by the time the league started up again. Having just concurred that they could not risk having Santo Kecker, who led the regional team to the AOCAF IX title in Cockbill Street, set up the regional squad for competition, and then, as seemed an ever more likely scenario, ditch the regional squad to take the reigns of the senior Jungle Cats in the World Cup Finals.

-----------------Needing a break from their thoughts, Calaesa's entrance was a welcome repriese, and the two welcomed the former Yeaddin Owls midfielder into the room. "We'll have a good look at this appeal later in the week pal, we're quite in the middle of this National Team coach bit at the moment as I'm sure you know" Cairns took the papers from Mitaroka, and the Yeaddinite acknowledged the duo, and turned for the door. 'Oh, by the way, Caeli" Rory Issah called out, "How would you mind taking your family out for a nice vacation to Fmjphoenix?" Mitaroka turned around, a bit confused. "Yea" Issah continued, "And hey, if you take a couple weeks out and coach our boys in a few AOCAF matches, we'll even cover all your expenses" Issah and Cairns chuckled politely to themselves before Mitaroka, with a slightly expanding grin, accepted the task.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 5 2005, 03:51 PM

Team captain named as Hawks draw with Spruitland

Now that the first AOCAF match is over, the Hawks have chosen their team captain. The Lamonian team captain for AOCAF X is Julio Litz, who coincidently scored on the the Lamonian goals in the AOCAF match against Spruitland.

The Hawks seemed almost too relaxed for their own good in this match, and it was a lucky thing for them that the new team captain scored his goal at 89 minutes in, or they would have lost. This has everyone involved with the team worried. However, Coach Emilio Vargas of the Nephi Bears (who was tapped to coach the AOCAF team this time) is a former football player himself, and will whip the team into shape before the next match if he sticks to his form card.

The Hawks scored first at 20 minutes in, seeming to have the momentum in the match until Spruitland scored two goals two minutes apart at 50 and 52 minutes. Lamoni didn't score again until the 89th minute, when Julio Litz shot one into the upper right corner, just making it past the other team's goalie.

The Hawks will face FLMS allies Falcania next, and the people who come up with the AOCAF match odds tell us that Lamoni is VERY HEAVILY favored, as Falcania makes it's AOCAF debut. It is even rumored that President Stone might make a bet with King Falcon over the outcome of this match, but information on this is sketchy at best.

Lamoni - 2 Erik Wirtz (20), Julio Litz (89)
Spruitland - 2 (50,52)
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 5 2005, 08:37 PM
PMEmail Poster

Coach John Fisk sat in his seat on the flight to Sarzonia for the Jastica National Team's second game. He was still ticked about losing the first one. The goal by the Bedistan forward in the early stages of the second half was all the excitement in the game on the field at least.

Thankfully the Bedistan fans were entertaining as they pelted his players with projectiles from time to time though he smiled as he thought of the one fan he drilled at the end of the game with a full cup of beer. Shame to waste the beer he thought to himself but man was it worth it as he waved while the fan was restrained by police from attacking Fisk on the field after being hit.

Fisk sat relaxed in his seat as he noticed Frank Shant in a seat on the plane a few rows up.

Fisk called out to him, 'Hey Shant!'

Frank Shant turned and looked at his coach, Shant's nose covered in bandages from the punch Fisk had thrown prior to them getting on the plane.

Fisk smiled. 'Tell you what, that interview you had this morning finally won me over, you can play tomorrow assuming your nose heals in time'.

Shant glared at his coach angrily then turned back as Fisk howled in laughter still remembering the shock on Shant's face as he gave him an uppercut breaking his nose prior to the flight.
Jastica
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

ICQYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 6 2005, 08:46 AM

Dear diary...

Wow... one match in and we're still unbeaten! All in all, our boys gave a pretty good account of themselves considering our general recent crapness.

Spent most of the morning in the city centre just taking in some of the sights whilst trying to keep Silli entertained and Tiddles on her lead. We got a few wierd looks from the locals - I guess aroras aren't that common over here.

We started with our usual 4-2-4 formation, with Rosensteihl, Harding, York and Teague up front, and a few high balls over their five-man midfield caused a few early problems. A long diagonal ball from Omar saw Judson bearing down on goal - unfortunately for him Comstock made up some good ground and managed to nick the ball away before he could shoot.

Still, that didn't deter us and we scored about ten minutes before half-time. It came after Rosey had a shot parried away for a corner, from which the ball was floated to the far post. John Harding headed the ball down for Husni who was lurking around the penalty spot, who blasted the ball through the crowd of players to make 1-0 to the Aroras. Nicely done... and it was his first goal for Bettia too.

So half-time came, and I took it upon myself to sample some of the tea. Big mistake - the people here must have leaden stomachs if they drink that stuff regularly. At least the crisps took the taste away.

Sarzonia's half-time tea must've been much better cos they were by far the stronger team at the beginning of the second half. Roy Spencer and Steve Sanderson both had a few good chances which Amir just about managed to save. Unluckily he couldn't do much about their equaliser, a cheeky 30-yard lob courtesy of their lone striker.

Things looked to get even worse late on when we conceded a penalty thanks to a clumsy tackle by Michael Ryder. Thankfully Amir was well on top of his game and he saved Spencer's penalty rather easily.

Ah well, next up are Hypocria. They got beaten for the second time in a row by Vilita, although that probably won't help us much. An early goal might do the trick.

It seems the FAB took notice of my suggestion about taking keyboard lessons... they called me after the match just to play the piano down the phone. Ha-di-bloody-ha.

Sarzonia 1 (Spencer 62)
Bettia 1 (Teague 36)

MD1: Sarzonia 1-1 Bettia
MD2: Hypocria vs Bettia
MD3: Bettia vs Jastica
MD4: Bedistan vs Bettia
MD5: Vilita vs Bettia
Bettia
We don't do defence
Quote Post

AOLYahooTop

Posted: Sep 6 2005, 10:11 AM
PMEmail Poster

Mauled by the Jungle Cats

Hypocria started AOCAF X just how they ended IX, with defeat to Vilita. Four years ago the defeat came in the final. Hopefully this loss won’t be quite as costly.

Hypocria 0 - 2 Vilita

“They were better than us it’s that simple.”, Gregory Vidal, one half of Hypocria’s managerial duo, said later having watched his two game winning strike come to an end. And that pretty much sums it up as the Hyppos never really looked like avenging that final defeat four years ago.

Kindelan was by far the busier of the two keepers over the ninety minutes and had to pick the ball out of the net in each half as the Jungle Cats started of their campaign to retain their title with a win. It was Danny West who wasted the Hyppo’s best chance when he shot straight at the keeper after being played through by Baxter shortly after the Vilitan opener. Baxter came close himself when his freekick went narrowly wide but they were the best moments of a largely one sided first half.

The second half was slightly more even and debutants Ashley Deucher and Alex Rytter carved out Hypocria’s best chance after playing a neat one-two on the edge of the box which ended with Rytter forcing a good save from the Vilitan keeper. But after the Jungle Cats scored their second the win was never in doubt although substitute Dospel came close to reducing the deficit with an injury time header which hit the crossbar.

“That defeat really puts pressure on for the Bettia match”, Vidal went on to say. “We probably go into that game as favourites considering the rankings and the Arora’s poor form in the competition but being favourites has done us no favours lately. But it is a local derby so it should be an exciting game and hopefully we can come out on top.”

In the other Group 3 games Sarzonia and Bettia fought out a 1 - 1 draw while tournament debutants Jastica put up a creditable performance against Bedistan before eventually falling 1 - 0.

Hypocria
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

MSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

[ Script Execution time: 0.0210 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->