Start new topic
AOCAF VIII RP Thread
Posted: May 11 2005, 11:20 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Chocobo get a little luck, defeat Cockbill Street, Lamoni loses

Shaka Culo scored his first goal for Fmjphoenix, and it was not only the only one needed, but one that was needed at the right time. He scored an early goal at the 18th minute to put Fmjphoenix up over Cockbill Street. Then thanks to the supurb goalkeeping of Erin Charters, the few shots the Chocobo defenders allowed Cockbill Street to take we each deflected away or caught. It was the type of match the Chocobo's needed to play to show that they can be as good as the other teams in Fmjphoenix.

But what made this victory so great for the Chocobo's was Lamoni's loss to Crystilakere. With that, Fmjphoenix retained third place in their group to advance to the second round for the first time in the AOCAF. Their first round opponent will be no walk over though. They must face hosts Druida. It wil not be an easy match, but the Chocobos will come playing their hearts out to try and advance as far as they can in their first try.
Fmjphoenix
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: May 11 2005, 01:02 PM
PMEmail Poster

BSD - The Bedistan Sports Digest - Atlantian Oceania Edition

B-team weak in AOCAF, barely through to knockouts

DRUIDA -- With all the hubbub going on at the World Cup in Vilita and the re-emergence of the Bedistan Premier League, many sports fans seem to have forgotten about the existence of our regional tournament, the AOCAF. But, of course, with Bedistan's B-team not being anywhere close to the caliber of the A-team, it's a wonder that we've made it through the group stage at all. Nobody would think that the current world champions would be reduced to a draw against Florianopolis ("Who?" you ask? My point exactly), but it happened and somehow Bedistan just managed to sneak a third-place finish despite picking up only five points from five matches, compared with 12 for Druida and a perfect 15 for Vilita. Apart from those two, competition has been weak, with Florianopolis, Tonissia, and Salmantic playing football equally as uninspired as our own, but our AOCAF days are now numbered as we head to the second round to face Cockbill Street, where we are expected to have no chance at all.

We tried to get some opinions from people on the street, but nobody appeared to have any idea what was going on. Oh well.
Bedistan
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 11 2005, 01:27 PM

Catch a Falling Star
Sarzonian Penalty Claims Bring Starblaydi Derision

Nelson de Montford and Ilias Provatidis gave Starblaydia a perfect four-for-four record in the Southern Conference.

Sarzonia, more than any other team in Atlantian Oceania, they could perhaps best be described as Starblaydia's 'Regional Rivals'. So why do we keep beating them? In AOCAFs 2, 4, 5 and now 8, Sarzonia have completely failed to beat Starblaydia, with their best result being a 0-0 in one of the three matches we played in AOCAF4.

Though the defending of Loze, Tobias et al could have been described as 'physical', the consistent appeals for foul play by the Sarzonian players were met with no kind of sympathy from the referee, though TV replays would suggest they had a case on more than one occasion.

So it was the streak continued, as Starblaydia leapfrogged their rivals into 1st place and a Conference-winning spot, with a direct path into the Quarter-Finals. Starblaydia will there face Cockbill Street or Bedistan, and we'll fully preview that match once Starblaydia's opponents have been confirmed.

This post has been edited by Starblaydia on May 11 2005, 01:29 PM
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: May 12 2005, 02:02 AM

Vilita 2-0 Salmantic
user posted image
Vilita Goalscorers::
56' Serge DuPont
61' Sylvain Emeka-Tuai
user posted image

-------------------Serge DuPont was gifted with one of the coolest gifts a first time international manager could ever have received. None other than a first time international team as his opponent. The regional cats kicked off AOCAF VIII with a match against space-crazy resurrectees Salmantic, the third incarnation. The Salmantic force was one of the longest standing in all of Atlantian Oceania, but long periods of absenses had kept them out of previous AOCAF competitions. With little surprise, DuPont named himself alongside Vilitan Under-21 hot shot Julian Lisbie in the starting lineup. One of the surprising choices, however, was the selection of Hecia's Alioum Mane over budding young Makosile keeper Jawz Oaker. Other Starblaydia-Based Vilitans, Tulio Arizmendi, Toby Tzikas, Rueben Laberge and Contall Rumaoa all found themselves in the starting lineup with a chance to impress on Jungle Cats manager Helmut Vilkaous, who would be reviewing the entire competition match by match.

The Starblaydi-Influenced side got off to a slow start and the first half was much of a bore. Neither side had much in the way of chances, and with whispers of failure against a team such as Salmantic, half time changes were aplenty for first-time manager DuPont. Tzikas and Marine Coast United defender Petros Alfieri made way as Strike's Sylvain Emeka-Tuai was introduced to add an attacking presence to the midfield, while the experienced foot of Calaesa Mitaroka was sure to settle the game down and create some chances for the AOCAF VI champions. Mitaroka teamed up with Tournetas' Contall Rumaoa just 10 minutes after play resumed to create the first golden chance of the day for Vilita. Head coach and experienced Strike FC forward Serge DuPont was not going to miss this gifted chance at adding to his record 17 goals in regional competition and was all smiles as the ball hit the back of the net. DuPont got further reason to smile just minutes later when halftime introductee Sylvain Emeka-Tuai spun his marker and ripped a rocket of a strike from 25 yards that the Salmantic keeper had no chance to grab. The goal all but secured the three points for Vilita, who would hold on to take the 2-0 Victory.

Full Time Analysis:

Vilita

Best Player: Contall Rumaoa
Worst Player: Julian Lisbie
Shots on Target: 7
Corner Kicks: 5

user posted image
Vilita Jungle Cats (3-5-2) ::
[GK] Alioum Mané, [D] Petros Alfieri, [D] Kagiso Alfieri-Molali, [D] Tulio Arizmendi, [DMC] Michele Mariano, [ML] Toby Tzikas, [MC] Sublé Tonic, [MC] Rueben Laberge, [MR] Contall Rumaoa, [FC] Julian Lisbie, [FC] Serge DuPont,
BENCH::
[FC] Kris Wrice, [FC] Tristam Bumbar, [M] Sylvain Emeka-Tuai, [M] Calaesa Mitaroka, [U] Malovar Stokks, [D] Ricata Tivalan, [GK] Jawz Oaker,

Vilita Substitutions::
(45) - Petros Alfieri >>> Calaesa Mitaroka
(45) - Toby Tzikas >>> Sylvain Emeka-Tuai
(61) - Tulio Arizmendi >>> Kris Wrice
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: May 12 2005, 02:14 AM

Vilita 5-1 Florianapolis
user posted image
Vilita Goalscorers::
3' Serge DuPont
19' Calaesa Mitaroka
21' Serge DuPont
26' Kagiso Alfieri-Molali
28' Serge DuPont
user posted image

-------------------Despite the victory over Salmantic, Player/Coach Serge DuPont was ready to make changes to ensure he had the best squad out there, using the virtual walkover against the untrained Florianapolis Crab Cats as a play ground. DuPont rewarded the strong performance of Calaesa Mitaroka by starting the 34 year old two-time Champions League medal holder on the left of midfield, while addint the experienced Teariki Mane of Eastal Lunar and Malovar Stokks, who recently joined the upstart league in Spruitland, to add experience to the midfield. A poor performance by Vilitan Under-21 Julian Lisbie against Salmantic gave DuPont no choice but to had 18 year old Kris Wrice the start.

This time, DuPont wasted little time showing his players how to get the job done, latching on to one of Vilita's 30 total Corner Kicks in the matchup just 3 minutes in to open the scoring. The ball, delivered by Calaesa Mitaroka, was easily steered in by DuPont who had acres of space inside the box. A second Mitaroka corner kick 15 minutes later, already Mitaroka's 5th taken corner of the game, found the back of the net with no help from a teammate, Mitaroka's curling effort rising high above the leaping cats, regional and crab, and sneaking in at the far post to the delight of the Yeaddin Owls veteran. The flood gates started to open as Serge DuPont grabbed his second of the game, before yet another Mitaroka corner was converted, this time off the head of defender Kagiso Alfieri-Molali. Just before half an hour, DuPont completed a remarkable 25 minute Hat-Trick of goals, this one coming from open play as the 34 year old was seen through by Mitaroka's crafty short pass before easily rounding the keeper. Vilita took the 5-0 lead into half time, but the second half introduction of Contall Rumaoa seemed to disrupt the backline and Florianapolis snatched a late goal to reduce the final deficit to 5-1 in favor of the regional cats.

Full Time Analysis:

Vilita

Best Player: Serge DuPont
Worst Player: Michele Mariano
Shots on Target: 20
Corner Kicks: 30

Opponents

Shots on Target: 4
Corner Kicks: 7

user posted image
Vilita Jungle Cats (3-5-2) ::
[GK] Alioum Mané, [D] Kagiso Alfieri-Molali, [D] Tulio Arizmendi, [D] Petros Alfieri, [DMC] Michele Mariano, [ML] Calaesa Mitaroka, [MC] Malovar Stokks, [MC] Teariki Mané, [MR] Rueben Laberge, [FC] Serge DuPont, [FC] Kris Wrice
BENCH::
[FC] Julian Lisbie, [FC] Carmine Mbidzo, [M] Toby Tzikas, [M] Sublé Tonic, [U] Contall Rumaoa, [D] Emarka Laniora, [GK] Jawz Oaker,

Vilita Substitutions::
(61) - Kagiso Alfieri-Molali >>> Contall Rumaoa

Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: May 12 2005, 02:54 AM
PMEmail Poster

“Sir, I really think this is a bad idea.”

“Nonsense, Martin. These are civilized people, they’ll recognize common sense when they see it.”

Martin Backer, President of the Spruitland Football Association, was finding it increasingly difficult not to lose his temper and shout that the Minister of Sports wouldn’t recognize common sense if it kicked him in the balls. But he was rather fond of his job, so he ground his teeth and took a deep breath.

“But Sir, even if they do agree – which they won’t – we don’t even have a team yet!”

“Well, then I guess you better get moving, Martin.”

Backer swallowed the insult off the tip of his tongue, turned on his heels, and left. Olav Nett, Spruitland’s Minister of Sports, was oblivious to the slamming door. He finished up his email, ran it through the DiplomacyChecker, and sent it with a smile.

CODE
Greetings,

It has come to our attention that the AOCAF VIII has already started, without waiting for the Kingdom of Spruitland to arrive in the region.

We’re sure this is just a minor oversight, so we’re willing to refrain from feeling all insulted and stuff. Naturally, the AOCAF hosts will be more than eager to rectify this error, so we’d like to inform you that the Spruitland national football team will gladly accept the offer to advance immediately to the Second Round of the tournament.

Would you be so kind as to inform us who will be removed from the competition to make room for us, so we can send them a basket of assorted vegetables, as a token of our appreciation? (We would like to suggest that we take the spot of either Starblaydia or Vilita, since they’ve both won the tournament in the past and surely don’t need another trophy.)

Much obliged,

Olav Nett
Minister of Sports
Spruitland
Spruitland
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 12 2005, 12:16 PM
PMEmail Poster

Stars stumped in loss

The last time the Sarzonian national team celebrated a win over Starblaydia in a football match, the team was en route to a playoff loss to former world powers Europa Brittania in a heartbreaking 0-1 defeat at Hendrix Stadium in Woodstock. That 20 year streak still hasn't ended, as Starblaydia's footballers took advantage of poor officiating to defeat the Stars 2-0 and claim the top seed in the Southern Conference.

The loss sends the Stars (3-0-1, nine points) into a second round match against Turori, the world's seventh ranked team in the most recent world rankings released before the World Cup finals. Coach Bryson Juergens is saying the team will "have our hands full," with Turori.

"That's going to be tough to come back from, losing 2-0 to the defending AOCAF champions and then facing the seventh ranked team in the world. We're going to have to overcome those odds."

Sarzonia couldn't get any offence going, as the Starblaydis roughed up forward Kevin Wilson repeatedly. Juergens drew a yellow card for dissent that led to one goalscoring opportunity and accosted the officials after the match.

"Where the hell are those guys from? Xile?" When he found out Druidan officials were working the match, he asked sardonically, "how many pies did those damn Blades give 'm?"

Incorporated Football Federation officials are expecting a fine and possibly a suspension for Juergens, but Chairman Terry Mangione said if the Stars first choice team loses to Starblaydia in the World Cup finals Round of 16 match, Dave Wilson will coach the rest of the way.

"We need someone who's going to be able to get the job done without distractions," Mangione said. "Dave's proven himself time and again."
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: May 12 2005, 12:43 PM

Somewhere in Liverpool Englnad...

CODE
...we’d like to inform you that the Spruitland national football team will gladly accept the offer to advance immediately to the Second Round of the tournament.

Would you be so kind as to inform us who will be removed from the competition to make room for us, so we can send them a basket of assorted vegetables, as a token of our appreciation? (We would like to suggest that we take the spot of either Starblaydia or Vilita, since they’ve both won the tournament in the past and surely don’t need another trophy.)

Much obliged,

Olav Nett
Minister of Sports
Spruitland

"I'll -explicitive removed-ing kill him!" Lord Rikaard Van Honjiik yelled. "That little rat-bastard better watch his back!"

"Calm down, Rikaard," Nikola "Laser" Lazerevski, his 'assistant' said, "these people are quite blatantly mentalists. Like Latao, only they do sports."

"I'll get Tiberius to invade them too!" the Minister for Sport continued, "Right after we do Latao!"

"Will you shut up?" Nikola said, angered, "you could tell by his President's hat that they were foolish, just ignore them."

"But-"

"But nothing!" Nikola yelled, "now go and run 'round the block a few times."

"Yes, Nikola."
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: May 12 2005, 01:20 PM
PMEmail Poster

VICTORY SHADOWED BY VIOLENCE

The recent win by Salmantic in the AOCAF led to riots in the streets. Although the Salmantic Swashbucklers were 0-4 going into what was certainly the last game of the season, a record 80% of the population tuned into the game (the game was broadcasted on all television channels). As the first half drew to an end things were starting to look some-what interesting. "we couldn't believe it, we werent loosing", said Everett Harkinson of Saltania, "we had to just have another drink, or two, or 6." This seemed to be the general attitude of the nation as liqour stores and bars were inundated towards the end of the game. As the game came to an end and it was enevitable that victory was at hand. the people flocked to the streets to party. Salmantic pride was once again strong!

This was all well and good until an unruly bunch of extrodinarily drunk fans in Saltania decided it would be fun to urinate on the police cruisers. The ever-ready police force was not pleased and soon began crowd dispersment techniques. the crowd reacted by throwing pebbles which resulted in live-fire force being approved by the regional commander of police, Commander Harold Strunferd, in Saltania. There are approximated to be 20 fatalities and 110 wounded, mostly in critical but stable condition. A true testament to the skill and restraint by the Ministry of Police. As news spread of the events in Saltania the mobs that had taken to most of the streets in Salmantic retreated back to their homes.

Commander Strunferd will recieve the Black Star medal for disciplinary reverement. The city of Saltania will recieve no punishment for the actions of the few, as it is perfectly understandable that these things happen.

This post has been edited by Salmantic on May 12 2005, 01:22 PM
Salmantic
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: May 12 2005, 06:10 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Spruitland @ May 12 2005, 08:54 AM)
CODE
Greetings,

It has come to our attention that the AOCAF VIII has already started, without waiting for the Kingdom of Spruitland to arrive in the region.

We’re sure this is just a minor oversight, so we’re willing to refrain from feeling all insulted and stuff. Naturally, the AOCAF hosts will be more than eager to rectify this error, so we’d like to inform you that the Spruitland national football team will gladly accept the offer to advance immediately to the Second Round of the tournament.

Much obliged,

Olav Nett
Minister of Sports
Spruitland

President Smith: "What the devil is this? Spruitland want to enter at the second round?"

Unnamed helper: "That's absurd! I mean, it's not as if we didn't delay the thing long enough just to get more sign-ups that didn't come. The sheer cheek of it!"

President Smith: "I mean, as a nation we are pretty stupid, but this? Hah!"

CODE

Dear Mr. Nett,

We received your proposition about entering AOCAF VIII at this somewhat belated stage. I must say, my helper and I haven't laughed so much since the Latin ambassador's dog did something unpleasant with my left leg.

Actually come to think of it, that was rather distressing. But my helper laughed.

Still, at least enter AOCAF IX when it comes around. Who knows, we may even visit Spruitland for such a tournament in the future!

Yours Giggling,
President Margaret Smith
The United Lands of Druida

This post has been edited by Druida on May 12 2005, 06:11 PM
Druida
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 12 2005, 08:28 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Druida @ May 12 2005, 06:10 PM)
CODE

Dear Mr. Nett,

We received your proposition about entering AOCAF VIII at this somewhat belated stage. I must say, my helper and I haven't laughed so much since the Latin ambassador's dog did something unpleasant with my left leg.

Actually come to think of it, that was rather distressing. But my helper laughed.

Still, at least enter AOCAF IX when it comes around. Who knows, we may even visit Spruitland for such a tournament in the future!

Yours Giggling,
President Margaret Smith

CODE

To: President Margaret Smith, Druida

President Smith,

Dear Margaret,

May I call you Margaret? It’s such a pretty name. My ex-wife has a sister named Margaret, and she has the prettiest eyes. But, I digress.

Margaret, I’ve been given the rather unpleasant task of replying to your most courteous letter to Mr. Nett and, much as I’d like to, I’m afraid I’m unable to refuse that task. Not if I don’t want some rather unfavorable pictures sent to the press, at least.

However, perhaps it’s not such a bad thing, since I can at least control the content of this message now. If Mr. Nett was to reply in person, his tone would undoubtedly have been a bit harsher than mine. Some men can be so insensitive, don’t you agree?
Luckily, Mr. Nett realized the content of his message was not his department’s responsibility, so he contacted me.

So, off the record, I’d like to congratulate you on taking Mr. Nett’s request in a light-hearted manner. (And I do hope your left leg didn’t suffer permanent damage. Did you wear trousers at the time, or do you like wearing skirts?)

Anyway, Margaret, I suggest we don’t take Mr. Nett too seriously. His attention span is rather limited, so he’ll likely have forgotten all about this in a few days.
If he should ever happen to ask, though, please tell him I used a lot of fancy words and mentioned huge numbers of tanks and bombers. Thank you so much, dear, you’re a peach!

Yours,

Thomas Vanderbeek (call me Tom)

PS. If the Druidan football team does visit Spruitland at some point, I do hope you'll come along.

Spruitland
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 13 2005, 05:49 AM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Spruitland @ May 13 2005, 02:28 AM)
To: President Margaret Smith, Druida

President Smith,

Dear Margaret,

May I call you Margaret? It’s such a pretty name. My ex-wife has a sister named Margaret, and she has the prettiest eyes. But, I digress.

Margaret, I’ve been given the rather unpleasant task of replying to your most courteous letter to Mr. Nett and, much as I’d like to, I’m afraid I’m unable to refuse that task. Not if I don’t want some rather unfavorable pictures sent to the press, at least.

However, perhaps it’s not such a bad thing, since I can at least control the content of this message now. If Mr. Nett was to reply in person, his tone would undoubtedly have been a bit harsher than mine. Some men can be so insensitive, don’t you agree?
Luckily, Mr. Nett realized the content of his message was not his department’s responsibility, so he contacted me.

So, off the record, I’d like to congratulate you on taking Mr. Nett’s request in a light-hearted manner. (And I do hope your left leg didn’t suffer permanent damage. Did you wear trousers at the time, or do you like wearing skirts?)

Anyway, Margaret, I suggest we don’t take Mr. Nett too seriously. His attention span is rather limited, so he’ll likely have forgotten all about this in a few days.
If he should ever happen to ask, though, please tell him I used a lot of fancy words and mentioned huge numbers of tanks and bombers. Thank you so much, dear, you’re a peach!

Yours,

Thomas Vanderbeek (call me Tom)

PS. If the Druidan football team does visit Spruitland at some point, I do hope you'll come along.

Dear Tom,

I am relieved to hear that the first correspondence was just a light-hearted jape. However, I am most worried that you think I am a woman, or at least like to dress up in women's clothing. I suggest you look up your history before you go making such assumptions.

Dear oh dear.

Still, I'll stick up for you if Mr. Nett gets back to us.

Thanks
President (Mr.) Margaret (Formerly Trevor) Smith
Non-Transvestite President of

This post has been edited by Druida on May 13 2005, 05:50 AM
Druida
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 13 2005, 08:56 AM
PMEmail Poster

user posted image

Minister of Defense off the deep end?

Thomas Vanderbeek (42), Spruitland’s Minister of Defense, never did put much effort into hiding his predilection for members of the opposite sex. While this has never hurt his popularity with the Spruitland public – in fact, recent polls indicate over 80% of Vanderbeek’s voters are female – after last night’s events, this attitude is expected to change.

Vanderbeek was spotted in the Saggy Titty Club in Fonstown, in itself not an unusual event, but even the Club’s regular customers were a little taken aback when, after copious amounts of alcohol, the Minister of Defense jumped onto the stage and tried to force himself upon Candy, one of the star pole dancers. Vanderbeek was forcibly removed by the Club’s security personnel and was later witnessed running naked through Fonstown, chasing after random female passers-by, shouting he “only wanted to confirm his manhood.”

Sources indicate a mental breakdown might be the cause of Vanderbeek’s excessive behavior, claiming he was “already acting weird” at a meeting of the Naval Defense Committee earlier that day. The Minister of Defense was said to not have been his “usual, flirty self”, but displayed a high level of animosity and suspicion towards the female members of the Committee, repeatedly trying to “cop a frontal feel”. Vanderbeek left the Committee meeting after being struck down by Major Brunilda Zilwicki, and apparently headed straight for the Saggy Titty Club.

The Minister of Defense was detained by the FTPD and transferred to the Fonstown Naval Hospital where he is currently under psychiatric evaluation. Prime Minister Jeremy Dekkers refused to comment on the events and what the consequences will be for Vanderbeek’s political career.

This post has been edited by Spruitland on May 13 2005, 09:07 AM
Spruitland
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 13 2005, 09:44 AM
PMEmail Poster

Lions Prey on Legalese, Look Forward to Vilitian Feast

The Nedalia Lions senior squad is rapidly becoming known around the country as “that team that could defeat anyone…but usually don’t” due to their inconsistency. Against Legalese, to the delight of the entire nation, it was the team that could dazzle spectators that showed up.

Participating in 2 tournaments simultaneously has seemed like a bad call by the Nedalian FA, considering the mediocre performances shown by the Lions in the Cup of Harmony tournament. It seems, however, that the team is finally beginning to respond to manager Randy Gamman’s angry tirades which some say could cost him his job. Going into the AOCAF 2nd round matchup with Legalese, it was said that Gamman, after leading the U21 side to the finals in U21 World Cup 14, had lost his touch, failing to qualify for WC 22 in dismal fashion, and with a loss here, serious questions were to be asked of the manager’s capabilities.

No such questions are needed, not after the impressive 2 – 1 victory for Nedalia over a much more experienced Legalese side in what is the toughest regional tournament in the universe. The Lions came out with a passion and a will to dominate, and even after going down one goal thanks to a rare blunder from goalkeeper Derrell Lynch, they continued to press, refusing to let the morale down. They were repaid for their effort in a dominating 2nd half performance, seemingly wearing the Legalese defense down, finally scoring 2 goals in 10 minutes. The first came by way of Chris Yamtech, the Shoreland United striker, who hit in through a marvelous shot taken just outside the box in the 72nd minute. The 2nd goal came by way of reserve striker Tim James, who had come on for Mattan, scoring in the 81st after a beautiful display of passing between himself, Nene, and another substitute, Innit Point.

After the final whistle had sounded, Nedalian fans stormed the Away Ground pitch, celebrating with their heroes. The festivities continued throughout the night in Port Scadock, with lots of drunk Nedalians reportedly aggravating the local population. For the team, however, the festivities were short-lived, as their training begins all over again. They have to prepare for a Vilitian side that looks to be one of the favorites to winning the whole thing, sweeping their group stage rivals with 5 wins in 5 games, conceding only 1 goal in the process. For now, however, the Lions have done their fans proud, going a long way to restore some faith in this inconsistent team.
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: May 13 2005, 04:35 PM
PMEmail Poster

Stars, Wilson stab Eels, 1-0

After a brief controversy surrounding the coaching job that Bryson Juergens was doing with the second choice Sarzonian national team, Juergens was on the sidelines for the second round match against highly-ranked Turori after the Dave Wilson-coached first team defeated Starblaydia. Juergens guided his Stars to a 1-0 win over the Eels as Wilson prepared to coach the team against Turori in the World Cup quarterfinals.

"You just block out everything," Juergens said. "I went out there and just focused on coaching football. We've got a job left to do here and the senior team has its job left to do [in Legalese]."

Forward Kevin Wilson, the younger son of Dave Wilson's, scored the only goal in the 69th minute as forward John Clinton was waiting on the sidelines to substitute in for Wilson. He skied over the two Eels defenders who marked him and fired a header into the upper right corner of the net.

"I knew if play stopped I was coming out," Kevin Wilson said. "I wanted to leave the match with something to be remembered by."

The Stars defence, which betrayed the team in their 2-0 loss to Starblaydia in the final match of the group stages, was back to its stellar ways, limiting Turori to just four shots, only one of them on goalkeeper Marco Taglianetti. The Stars fired 21 shots, eight on goal and won the possession battle 51-39.

"It's about time we started playing to our potential," Taglianetti said. "Now we have to continue that against Crystilakere."

The two neighbours continue their intense football rivalry with a quarterfinals match as the Stars attempt to win their first-ever AOCAF tournament. Juergens said the team isn't thinking that far ahead.

"We've got to beat the Crystils," Juergens said. "Everything else is moot if we don't win that match."
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0176 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->