Start new topic
A. O. C. A. F. 6 - Roleplay Thread
Posted: Jan 29 2005, 08:48 AM
PMEmail Poster

The Daily Druid

HERE WE PO!
Liam Gessemschmitthaagen-Po on Pedriana 0 Druida 1

An inspired decision by Druida manager Liam Gessemschmitthaagen-Po to play the normal starting eleven for Druida against Pedriana last night was enough to make sure they overcame Pedriana by a single Rhys Owens strike.

Gessemschmitthaagen-Po, who I personally think is absolutely brilliant, said to me and himself afterwards, "I'm not doing this for myself, I'm doing this for my people, and more importantly right now, for the Belmore family."

Just to clear that up, I mean Trevor belmore and his family, not the nation of The Belmore Family. Their son Alan is still missing somewhere here in Cockbill Street.

Two days later...

The Daily Druid

BELMORE BODY FOUND
Liam Gessemschmitthaagen-Po reports

The body of Druidan football superstar Alan Belmore has been found in a ditch just a mile from the rainbows' training camp just outside Vimsbairn. His had been shot in the chest four times and dumped in a ditch. However police say they have no clues to go on at this stage.
Druida
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 29 2005, 07:56 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Regional Cats Prepare for Sarzonia

Massimo Corsi sat in his hotel room on the beachfront in Northern Cockbill Street. He could see vaguely in the distance, the shore line of Crystilakere. 'Damn You Crystils' he thought. 'Why couldn't you find more than eleven decent playes for your team. You are the damn champions of the World Cup. You fielded the best damn eleven player team in the world. A team taht was unable to be beaten. Hell you hadn't even been beaten since then until the last day of qualifying, probably decided to play a goalkeeper as a forward again you fking newbs. What the hell. Now that you've conquered the world you treat eh' yo caff like it's some biological testing facility? Go screw yourselves crystilakere. I was really looking forward to kicking your ass one last time, with myself as the damn goalkeeper, slamming my saves down you measly little throats. Damn you Crystils. We'll get you some how. We'll win this damn cup. you'll see. We'll win it all.'
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 29 2005, 07:59 PM

BREAKING NEWS~!!!!!!!

Corsi leads Regional Cats to Final!!!!

The Vilitan Regional Cats squad led by former National Team goalkeeper Massimo Corsi has qualified over historical favorites Druida into the Final of the AOCAF Tournament for the first time since the inagural AOCAF I. However, Vilita will not meet up with North-Eastern Neighbors Turori who were dumped out at the semi-final stage by Starblaydia. It will be the biggest clash in the history of the storied rivalry between Vilita and Starblaydia. More news as it breaks...
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 30 2005, 07:13 AM

Starblaydia Stroll into Third Final in Five Attempts
Jungle Cats now need to be neutered by Madray's Boys

Its been a great tournament for Starblaydia so far. Their youthful team, with an average age of just-under 24, have managed to score, on average, over three goals a game. Two past Fmjpheonix and hosts Cockbill Street, six past neighbours Nova Britannicus, three past World Champions Crystilakere, Regional Rivals Turori and also the war-distracted team of Lamoni.

Let's take a run-down over Starblaydia's performances in their six games so far, and look towards the Final against Vilita, where the two biggest teams in Atlantian Oceania will contest the Cup of Association Football.

Game 1
Group 2, Matchday 1
Starblaydia 2-2 Fmjphoenix
A somewhat-surprising result for Starblaydia, and this 2-2 draw looked to be a real confidence-shaker for the men in white and purple. Eomer Hall's 29th International goal rescued Starblaydia from an embarrassing defeat late on. Zachariah Loze also scored for Starblaydia, using his height at a corner.

Game 2
Group 2, Matchday 2
Starblaydia 2-1 Cockbill Street
Though most Starblaydis would have seen this as a tough match, the reality was quite different as the Street's team rolled over relatively easily by a rampant Starblaydia side, with Syku Lyku-Agbayani and Ilias Provatidis netting in the 2-1 win.

Game 3
Group 2, Matchday 3
Starblaydia 6-2 Nova Britannicus
Close to Starblaydia's record 6-1 AOCAF win over Vilita in AOCAF3, and equalling the 6-2 demolition of Big Pimento in the last Cup, the Navy-Blues were destroyed by Starblaydia as they headed into a rest day. Two from Thanh Madray got them started, followed by goals from Syku Lyku-Agbayani, Julio Matis, Zak Loze and dwarf Zhorin Tumunzahar.

Game 4
Group 2, Matchday 5
Starblaydia 3-1 Crystilakere
A brace from Syku Lyku-Agbayani and another from Fernando Branco saw off a team trying desperately, and failing, to live up to their nation's billing of 'World Champions'. With this result, Starblaydia topped Group 2 and went straight to the Quater-Finals, where they would face the winners of Lamoni versus Nojika at Jotneheim Park.

Game 5
Quarter-Final
Starblaydia 3-1 Lamoni
Having run out 2-0 winners at the Harewood Ground in the Second Round, Lamoni tried to take their momentum into the Quarter-Final against former-champions Starblaydia. It was in vain, however, as a second goal for Ilias Provatidis, a third for Zak Loze and a fifth goal of the tournament for Syku Lyku-Agbayani sealed a Three-One win for Starblaydia, who still hadn't kept a clean sheet in any of their five matches played. This game was made all the more tense by actions taken by the Starblaydi Navy to block military aid getting to Lamoni from Ainorpisp.

Game 6
Semi-Final
Starblaydia 3-0 Turori
Having dumped Starblaydia out of AOCAF5 in a two-legged Quarter-Final, Turori were mildly confident that they could to the same again and meet Vilita in the Final, assuming they would beat Druida. All did not go well for the Eels as their defence crumbled under the sheer physical presence of a radically altered Starblaydia side who made four changes to their usual line-up. The towering presence of Eomer Hall and the One-Dwarf-Riot that is Zhorin Tumunzahar made life difficult for the Turorian defence, while tough Stefanos Stantzos replaced the small half-Rejistanian Lyku-Agbayani to give more bite in midfield. Even the delicate form of Fidel Khaif was replaced by Vengelis Koentas at left-back, ensuring that this would be one of the most physically dominating teams Starblaydia had ever put into an AOCAF match.

And it worked, too. Starblaydia's three goals all came as a result of strength and persistance. Eomer Hall chested down a high ball in the penalty area, held off one man, turned, brushed off another, then set up the onrushing Stantzos who smashed the ball into the top corner of the net for the twenty-four year-old's fifth goal for Starblaydia. Tumunzahar scored the second as he rode the challenges well, staying on his feet to take the ball around the 'keeper for an easy tap-in. Finally, Eomer Hall rounded off proceedings with a well-taken penalty resulting from Turorian efforts to match Starblaydia physically. Too much shoving in the box had gifted Starblaydia the third and Hall his Thirtieth. Beats sitting on twenty-nine, doesn't it? Plus, it meant Starblaydia were in the Final once more.

So, the two biggest teams (though we do say so ourselves) have made it to the sixth AOCAF Final. Vilita for the second time and Starblaydia for the third. Is this the match to end all matches, the mother of all AO confrontations, the big one, the decider, the all-out, no-quit, tooth-and-nail fight to the finish?

You bet your ass it is.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Jan 30 2005, 09:43 AM

!!!!!! CORSI HOLDS SECRET PRESS CONFERENCE !!!!!!

Vilita Reigonal Cats head coach Massimo Corsi today held a secret press conference in front of select media type very early in the Vilitan Morning while many other important Vilitans (wink.gif) Were stil asleep. Corsi layed out his plans on bringing the Atlantian Oceania Cup of Association Football where it belongs, in Vilita.

"We've been putting out crap teams in this cup for a while" Corsi Said, "But now we've got a good squad. And now we're going to win." "We lost a stunner 6-1 against Starblaydia a few cups back after posting a perfect record against the lowly teams, which really shows the direction the regional side was heading. But we're taking this seriously again. We realize that the region is much stronger than it used to be, and we're out to prove that we, not World Cup Champion Crystilakere, and not Starblaydia, are the best footballing side in Atlantian Oceania. You can look for me later tonight with the AOCAF Champions Cup in my hands, for the first time."

"Thank You"
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Feb 1 2005, 05:10 AM
PMEmail Poster

The Daily Druid

MANAGEMENT IS ACTUALLY HARD
Liam Gessemschmitthaagen-Po reports

Look, I know we only finished fourth, which isn't the usual first NEWI Cefn Druids is used to, but come on! Managing a football team is actually harder than it looks!

Luckily, I was only doing it for a short while while Trevor Belmore is on compassionate leave. But I'm glad that isn't my full-time job.

I know I helped us lose against Vilita, but it's about time they did something in this. However, I really must apologise for the defeat against Turori. I know they've beaten Druidish teams before, but that's not the point. Look on hte regional map, for pity's sake! Look how overly huge Druida is, and how pitifully tiny Turori is! After finishing fourth, I resign as temporary manager, even though I wasn't due to manage the team any more anyway!

So there!

This post has been edited by Druida on Feb 1 2005, 05:12 AM
Druida
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4] 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0359 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->