Start new topic
Regional Map :: 3.2
Posted: May 7 2012, 06:56 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Traditionally it has been my job to go and bother CH about map updates, but I'm sleepy.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: May 7 2012, 04:17 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Falcania @ May 7 2012, 07:56 AM)
Traditionally it has been my job to go and bother CH about map updates, but I'm sleepy.

Fair, but still, the fact that the cartographer doesn't even bother to come in and see that there's updates that need to be made is a little disconcerting.

Now, don't get me wrong, CH has made/updated an awesome map, and I'm certainly grateful for it (if you've seen my "art", you'd understand why). But as previously pointed out, it's been a long time since the last update, with so many nations making claims - and hell, even having a number of them leave/CTE before even getting their claim fulfilled - that remain unwanted. Granted, the forum activity is low in general, but if that's too much to ask from the cartographer, then well, I don't know.
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: May 9 2012, 05:16 PM
PMEmail Poster

I think we've averaged what, about 1 map update per RL year now? That's probably fair, given the amount of time/energy one must spend on other things these days.
Maybe we should simply discuss a rules change, stating something like a nation who whose map claim is accepted/unopposed by other nations and is reasonable is welcome to use it IC between map updates. In terms of "reasonable," making a claim for a small island and/or area of a larger landmass is reasonable; making a claim for all of area 17, for example, wouldn't. Just some thoughts.
95X-Scottfire
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: May 15 2012, 12:22 PM
PMEmail Poster

Just so nations making new claims will know generally what land is available and nations can get an idea of where their RP boundaries are...

IF, and it is not likely, every claim is awarded as requested - or as close to requested as is possible, this is what the new AO map would generally look like.

The final decisions come down to CH's judgement on official boundaries and adjustments will need to be made. This is intended only as a general idea of where we stand.

user posted image

This post has been edited by Andossa Se Mitrin Vega on May 15 2012, 12:22 PM
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
The Dragon's Herald
Quote Post

Posted: May 15 2012, 09:07 PM

Whittoria's big and... near.

Also, hi Hypocria, welcome to sharing a border with crazytown!
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: May 17 2012, 10:04 PM
PMEmail Poster

I nominate ASMV as the new cartographer.
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: May 19 2012, 05:57 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Legalese @ May 17 2012, 10:04 PM)

I dont mind doing it, i just really dont want to step on anyone's toes.
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
The Dragon's Herald
Quote Post

Posted: May 20 2012, 04:14 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Andossa Se Mitrin Vega @ May 19 2012, 06:57 PM)

Believe me, that was meant to be a compliment. As said before, I'm just grateful we have someone in the region who can do it that has better artistic skills than I - though I'm pretty sure the bar for the latter is pretty low wink.gif
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: May 20 2012, 11:37 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Legalese @ May 20 2012, 04:14 PM)
QUOTE (Andossa Se Mitrin Vega @ May 19 2012, 06:57 PM)

Believe me, that was meant to be a compliment. As said before, I'm just grateful we have someone in the region who can do it that has better artistic skills than I - though I'm pretty sure the bar for the latter is pretty low wink.gif

Just a little time and effort is all it takes. Thanks for the vote of confidense though
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
The Dragon's Herald
Quote Post

Posted: May 23 2012, 06:38 AM
PMEmail Poster

Well since im back in the region i will make the request but i would like to have a part of territory number 1,thanks
Savski Venac
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 23 2012, 07:41 AM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Andossa Se Mitrin Vega @ May 15 2012, 12:22 PM)
Just so nations making new claims will know generally what land is available and nations can get an idea of where their RP boundaries are...

IF, and it is not likely, every claim is awarded as requested - or as close to requested as is possible, this is what the new AO map would generally look like.

The final decisions come down to CH's judgement on official boundaries and adjustments will need to be made. This is intended only as a general idea of where we stand.

user posted image

Yay, I have a neighbor!
Zarbli
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: May 23 2012, 09:12 AM
PMEmail Poster

This would be my non-official take on what AO would currently look like.

Shows restructuring of Cyanea to allow for claims concerning the coastline of Osarius.

Nations in white would be in danger of being removed.
Hutt River part of Ipeland claim located in Rejected Realms.
Kyrosis part of Osarius claim does not exist
Estresse Intenso does not exist

Added Kyru-shi, Osarius, Kyrosis, Ipeland, Hutt River, New West Guiana, Carpathia and Ruthenia, Demot, CCS Protection Zone, Whittoria, Mysrantis, The Icemark, Savski Venac, Audislavia, Vettrera, Hyppocria

Removed Krytenia, Burchadinger

Like I said, just my take - not really official.

user posted image

This post has been edited by Andossa Se Mitrin Vega on May 23 2012, 09:18 AM
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
The Dragon's Herald
Quote Post

Posted: May 23 2012, 01:42 PM
PMEmail Poster

deleted

This post has been edited by Savski Venac on May 23 2012, 01:47 PM
Savski Venac
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 23 2012, 10:36 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Savski Venac @ May 23 2012, 01:42 PM)
deleted

In reference to your post on the RMB,

1st - my map is in no way official.

2nd - In my version, I decided to grant a small piece of land due to your wishy-washy time in AO. You're here, then gone, then here, then gone, and back again. Your requests have been for all over the map with #8 being TG'd to me just prior to your final request here. My advice would be to stick around, get involved in the region's sporting events or political RP. Do something here in AO. After you have proved yourself willing and ready to be a part of this region, we could talk of expanding your borders.

3rd - refer back to the 1st point I made.
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
The Dragon's Herald
Quote Post

Posted: May 25 2012, 12:19 AM

To whoever is doing the map:

Can we keep the former Krytenia blocked out for the time being? Its my closest land border and if Kry doesn't come back I may want to do some kind of RP involving it along with the currently blocked out "EYS" land that borders it (and me)
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsClosed TopicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (10) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... Last »

[ Script Execution time: 0.0230 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->