Start new topic
Regional Map :: 3.2
Posted: Jun 29 2012, 06:23 PM
PMEmail Poster

Thanks mate! Looking forward to AOCAF, AOHC and maybe some new invitationals wink.gif

This post has been edited by Israeli Apartheid Client-State on Jun 29 2012, 06:24 PM
Israeli Apartheid Client-State
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 1 2012, 03:38 AM
PMEmail Poster

I love the natural disaster idea! I'm well up for such a thing. So my plan had been to write a comic but altogether humdrum move into a new property, although I had wondered how I could mix 'buying' a property with having one created for me in AO. But ASMVs & Legal's idea sounds great.

Could my map of Wight (sent to ASMV) replace island 11, or at least, a part of it, with a small archipelago that I could also use?

Those who want to could then use the supernatural explanation - this slightly bonkers being creating a new island and having a small accident while he was at it, while those who prefer modern realism can explain it away by a plate shift and massive earthquake and volcanic eruption. How it ended up populated so soon I'd be glad to work through with anyone interested in (and more knowledgeable than me on) plate tectonics!
Wight
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 1 2012, 10:02 AM
PMEmail Poster

Right, I've finally decided to get my arse in gear and make a map claim, though I'm not sure whether I've missed ASMV's deadline.

It's a pretty confusing claim to be honest. This puppet is basically a moving city (which I'll give some history to in WC61Q). My two ideas of how to accommodate it were:

1) With permission from people that would be affected, have a trail, looking sort of like a railway line, passing through one of AO's continents. That would represent Urbis Tractus' usual trail. I personally would prefer this, though I understand the difficulty of it, both map-making wise and for the people that would suddenly find out they had a new neighbour

2) I would claim an area of land, that I would probably let ASMV choose, where Urbis Tractus would move around freely without annoying anyone else

Feedback is appreciated, because I can't choose between the two myself to be honest tongue.gif

Licen/UT
Urbis Tractus
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 2 2012, 01:29 AM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Urbis Tractus @ Jul 1 2012, 10:02 AM)
Right, I've finally decided to get my arse in gear and make a map claim, though I'm not sure whether I've missed ASMV's deadline.

It's a pretty confusing claim to be honest. This puppet is basically a moving city (which I'll give some history to in WC61Q). My two ideas of how to accommodate it were:

1) With permission from people that would be affected, have a trail, looking sort of like a railway line, passing through one of AO's continents. That would represent Urbis Tractus' usual trail. I personally would prefer this, though I understand the difficulty of it, both map-making wise and for the people that would suddenly find out they had a new neighbour

2) I would claim an area of land, that I would probably let ASMV choose, where Urbis Tractus would move around freely without annoying anyone else

Feedback is appreciated, because I can't choose between the two myself to be honest tongue.gif

Licen/UT

What I ultimately decided to do was give a cut in of your nation in the corner of the map, like WTQ and K&P have/ This will allow your nation to be mobile and any form of "rail" system can be developed via RP.
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
The Dragon's Herald
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 2 2012, 02:11 AM
PMEmail Poster

user posted image

95X - 95X
ABM - An Blascoad Mor (Snorth)
AMV - Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
AUD - Audioslavia
BAZ - Bazalonia
BET - Bettia
BRI - The Bear Islands
CAF - Cafundeu
CAR - Carpathia and Ruthenia
COM - Commerce Heights / Paripana
COS - Cosumar
DEM - Demot (Valanora)
DOS - Dorian and Sonya
EIT - Estresse Intense (Cafundeu)
FAL - Falcania
EYS - Eystrck [protected]
GEI - Geisenfried
HUT - Hutt River (Ipeland)
HYP - Hypocria
ICE - The Icemark
IND - Inis Na Dun (Snorth)
IPE - Ipeland
KUI - Kiryu-shi
KYO - Kyrosis (Osarius)
KZP - Kagdazka and Pazhujebu
LEO - Leorudo
LGL - Legalese
MAN - Mantenwic
MIL - Milchama
MRQ - Maraque
MYS - Mysrantis
NBT - Northern Bettia (Bettia)
NEL - Nellietopia
NMS - New Montreal States
NOJ - Nojika
NWG - New West Guiana
OSI - Osarius
PAC - Pacitalia
SCA - Scandonia
SNO - Sorthern Northland [protected]
SPG - Sportgirls
SPT - Septentrionia
STB - Starblaydia
SVC - Savski Venac
TBQ - The Butterfly Queen
TCH - Tachbe [protected]
THA - Thatius
TUR - Turori (Vilita)
UTS - Urbis Tractus
VAL - Valanora
VET - Vettrera
VIL - Vilita
WAP - Wapakoneta [protected]
WGT - Wight
WHT - Whittoria
WTQ - Wihsirmir Taoul di wer Qumadosfan (ASMV)
ZIR - Zirakul (ASMV)
ZRB - Zarbli
Former Krytenia is tentatively on hold

Added Cosumar
Added Urbis Tractus
Added Wight
Added Leorudo
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
The Dragon's Herald
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 2 2012, 06:33 PM
PMEmail Poster

While I haven't created a Factbook yet (I plan to do so soon), or done an RP with this nation, I'd still like to make a map claim. #14 looks like a tasty spot for my nation.
Naitpyge
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 2 2012, 06:53 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Welcome to the south-east! We need more love.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 4 2012, 08:34 AM
PMEmail Poster

Thank you so much for adding my islands into the map! I'm glad Thatius now has an official place here.
Thatius
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 4 2012, 05:15 PM
PMEmail Poster

Wow, now I see what's all about.
I had problems registering, but it's alright now..............

For the map claim I need to know one thing..
What's the tropical region of AO?

My nation is a confederacy of tribes based on many around the world. But basically I need a Papua-like climate. Or Amazon-like.

This post has been edited by Pe Taaegu on Jul 4 2012, 05:16 PM
Monizhamena
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 4 2012, 06:01 PM

Climate wise, anything inside your borders is fair game when it comes to deciding what you like. I roleplay Falcania as a nation atop a colossal series of mountain peaks and cliffs, but who knows what close neighbour Hypocria's climate is like?

Same goes for most stuff really.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 5 2012, 01:57 AM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Thatius @ Jul 4 2012, 08:34 AM)
Thank you so much for adding my islands into the map! I'm glad Thatius now has an official place here.

This.

After being here for 2 years, thanks for finally adding me to the map!
biggrin.gif
Cosumar
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 5 2012, 02:22 PM
PMEmail Poster

Well, thanks for the advice Falcania.

I think #10 seems pretty nice... Lots of lakes and complex forms, perfect to suit my jungle-like nation.

Is it too big for a single nation?
Or can I take the whole island?
Monizhamena
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 5 2012, 02:42 PM

QUOTE (Commerce Heights @ Apr 22 2007, 08:45 AM)
How to Acquire a Homeland:
1) To Acquire a homeland, you must reply in this thread noting the location you which to inhabit. A Homeland will not be granted unless you first post a little something about your nation. - Example 1 - Example 2 -

2) When responding in this thread, you must decide which area of the map you would like to settle. Simply tell us which area you would prefer to settle into uing the handy numbers. You can see which continent is which with our also-handy Landmass Info )

3) Link to your RP when requesting land in this thread

4) Nations in breach of the Flag Legislation will not be granted land until after they have updated their flag.

Info for new nations, from the OP here.

The National Information subforum is the best place for Factbooks.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Jul 5 2012, 03:11 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Starblaydia @ Jul 5 2012, 02:42 PM)
1) To Acquire a homeland, you must reply in this thread noting the location you which to inhabit. A Homeland will not be granted unless you first post a little something about your nation. - Example 1 - Example 2 -

2) When responding in this thread, you must decide which area of the map you would like to settle. Simply tell us which area you would prefer to settle into uing the handy numbers. You can see which continent is which with our also-handy Landmass Info )

4) Nations in breach of the Flag Legislation will not be granted land until after they have updated their flag.

Or the factbooks area newly implemented on the nation page on NS. That is a quitge handy feature to make use of.
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
The Dragon's Herald
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 5 2012, 06:33 PM

QUOTE (Andossa Se Mitrin Vega @ Jul 5 2012, 04:11 PM)
QUOTE (Starblaydia @ Jul 5 2012, 02:42 PM)

Or the factbooks area newly implemented on the nation page on NS. That is a quitge handy feature to make use of.

If they already have one there, copy and pasting shouldn't be too difficult
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsClosed TopicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (10) « First ... 7 8 [9] 10 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0232 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->