Start new topic
Regional Map 4.0
Posted: Oct 11 2012, 03:34 PM
PMEmail Poster

If possible, I'd like to claim 20 for my puppet Anksgaard.

Anksgaard is a nation with a democratic process to elect leaders. The most successful party currently is the communist one, having won the last seven elections up until now. Anksgaardians live a relatively happy life, with no poverty, but no-one really having an above average style of life. The nation is poor economically, private enterprise is illegal after all. Due to this, the population is overall middle class with enough to eat, education and healthcare, all for free.

Something really important about Anksgaard is that its population is entirely composed by dwarves. Their origins are currently unknown (or maybe I haven't come up with them).

Anksgaard already meets all criteria to get a spot in the map, despite being founded today.
Farfadillis
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 11 2012, 05:55 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

QUOTE (Farfadillis @ Oct 11 2012, 04:34 PM)

Anksgaard already meets all criteria to get a spot in the map, despite being founded today.

Do they have a forum account (If they are a separate entity, not a sub entity, they should have one) or RP/history/etc?

3) Link to your RP when requesting land in this thread
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Oct 11 2012, 06:02 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Vilita @ Oct 11 2012, 05:55 PM)

Do they have a forum account (If they are a separate entity, not a sub entity, they should have one) or RP/history/etc?

Yes, it is my puppet. Also, I guess I misunderstood what Starblaydia meant by link to your RP, I thought it was the little info about your nation, which I posted up there.

So, what did Star mean with link to your RP? Should I post an RP in a separate thread?
Farfadillis
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 11 2012, 06:08 PM

You should make a forum account with Anksgaard and post something in the National Information forum, such as a factbook, or some sort of 'entry' RP into the region in Regional Discussion.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Oct 11 2012, 06:09 PM

QUOTE (Farfadillis @ Oct 11 2012, 07:02 PM)
QUOTE (Vilita @ Oct 11 2012, 05:55 PM)

Yes, it is my puppet. Also, I guess I misunderstood what Starblaydia meant by link to your RP, I thought it was the little info about your nation, which I posted up there.

So, what did Star mean with link to your RP? Should I post an RP in a separate thread?

One line isn't info about your nation. There is some leeway if its your primary nation, that you can link to a wiki or a biographical summary, but these should typically always be more than a one liner.

To be moving a puppet in and putting it on the map, you should have a non-trivial backstory, and probably a standalone thread in this forum describing the nation, how they acquired the land etc.. etc..

While there is no problem having puppets in the region, many have them, making a one-line post with the 'master nation' saying "I claim this land for a nation of dwarves" is not how getting a puppet on the map should work, otherwise, we'd risk becoming a region of 100 puppets that contributed next to nothing, like some of our neighbors.

Thats why I refute the statement that Anksgaard currently meets all criteria to get a spot on the map (As Star points out in the above post). They've done nothing and don't even have a forum account, I suggest creating one, and sharing the story of this nation and how they ended up here, before this claim (or a future claim by Anksgaard) is granted smile.gif

Otherwise, welcome to the region, and the flag looks neat smile.gif
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Oct 11 2012, 06:13 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Vilita @ Oct 11 2012, 06:09 PM)

One line isn't info about your nation. There is some leeway if its your primary nation, that you can link to a wiki or a biographical summary, but these should typically always be more than a one liner.

To be moving a puppet in and putting it on the map, you should have a non-trivial backstory, and probably a standalone thread in this forum describing the nation, how they acquired the land etc.. etc..

While there is no problem having puppets in the region, many have them, making a one-line post with the 'master nation' saying "I claim this land for a nation of dwarves" is not how getting a puppet on the map should work, otherwise, we'd risk becoming a region of 100 puppets that contributed next to nothing, like some of our neighbors.

Thats why I refute the statement that Anksgaard meets all criteria to get a spot on the map. They've done nothing and don't even have a forum account, I suggest creating one, and sharing the story of this nation and how they ended up here, before this claim (or a future claim by Anksgaard) is granted smile.gif

Otherwise, welcome to the region, and the flag looks neat smile.gif

Oh, I didn't know that. I did intend to expand on Anksgaard's information. I'll claim the spot once I get to write it all and post it. Thanks for telling me that, I had no idea. happy.gif
Farfadillis
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 13 2012, 09:09 AM
PMEmail Poster

I'd like to claim No.10, if its still avaliable.

And heres some information about my backwards nation: Link

This post has been edited by Kaledor on Oct 13 2012, 09:28 AM
Kaledor
Two. Two.
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 13 2012, 10:00 AM
PMEmail Poster

Now yes, I'd like to claim 20 under Anksgaard. Factbook here. It'll be expanded as soon as I get to interact with other nations with Anks. smile.gif
Farfadillis
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 13 2012, 01:35 PM
PMEmail Poster

Svengarda Factbook (Being added to)

I've RPed Svengarda to be a nation in the far north of where it inhabits (AO, clearly), as well as relitavely small islands (maybe about the size of the Bear Islands). I was thinkig of the islands right in the far south, but they're a bit big...

So right now I won't claim a specific spot, unless it's absoloutley necessary, but I'm wondering if some new island's could be added, to either the map or the little boxes...
Svengarda
14 Posts! Magic!
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 15 2012, 12:11 AM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Svengarda @ Oct 13 2012, 01:35 PM)
Svengarda Factbook (Being added to)

I've RPed Svengarda to be a nation in the far north of where it inhabits (AO, clearly), as well as relitavely small islands (maybe about the size of the Bear Islands). I was thinkig of the islands right in the far south, but they're a bit big...

So right now I won't claim a specific spot, unless it's absoloutley necessary, but I'm wondering if some new island's could be added, to either the map or the little boxes...

I can box in islands that would be far out from the rest of AO, like has been done for K&P.

Just lt me know what you need.
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
The Dragon's Herald
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 21 2012, 12:17 AM
PMEmail Poster

Sorry for the update delay. Had a map explosion to fix...

95X - 95X
ABM - An Blascoad Mor (Snorth)
AMV - Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
ANK - Anksgaard
AUD - Audioslavia
AUS - Austenersey
BAZ - Bazalonia
BET - Bettia
BRI - The Bear Islands
CAF - Cafundeu
CAR - Carpathia and Ruthenia
CCS - Confederation of Common States Protection Zone
COM - Commerce Heights / Paripana
COS - Cosumar
DEM - Demot (Valanora)
DAS - Dorian and Sonya
DOD - Dominion of Drakia
FAL - Falcania
FAR - Farfadillis
EYS - Eystrck [protected]
FKR - Former Krytenia (semi-protected)
GEI - Geisenfried
HUT - Hutt River (Ipeland)
HYP - Hypocria
IAC - Israeli Apartheid Client-State
IND - Inis Na Dun (Snorth)
IPE - Ipeland
JAY - Jay Industries
JFC - Jeru FC
KAL -` Kaledor
KIN - Kinitaria
KUI - Kiryu-shi
KYO - Kyrosis (Osarius)
KZP - Kagdazka and Pazhujebu
LEO - Leorudo
LGL - Legalese
MAN - Mantenwic
MEL - Melatia
MIL - Milchama
MRQ - Maraque
MYS - Mysrantis
NAI - Naitpyge
NBT - Northern Bettia (Bettia)
NEL - Nellietopia
NMS - New Montreal States
NOJ - Nojika
NWG - New West Guiana
OSI - Osarius
PAC - Pacitalia
PHT - Port Hawthorne
SCA - Scandonia
SNO - Sorthern Northland [protected]
SPG - Sportgirls
SPT - Septentrionia
STB - Starblaydia
SVC - Savski Venac
TBQ - The Butterfly Queen
TCH - Tachbe [protected]
THA - Thatius
TUR - Turori (Vilita)
UTS - Urbis Tractus
VAL - Valanora
VIL - Vilita
WAP - Wapakoneta [protected]
WAR - Warkus
WGT - Wight
WHT - Whittoria
WTQ - Wihsirmir Taoul di wer Qumadosfan (ASMV)
ZIR - Zirakul (ASMV)
ZRB - Zarbli

Added
Jay Industries
Warkus
Anksgaard
Kaledor

Nations in danger of removal
Zarbli - CTE
Nellietopia - CTE
Urbis Tractus - CTE

Nations not meating AO flag legislation
Naitpyge
Port Hawthorne
WTQ
Two. Two.
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 24 2012, 03:46 AM
PMEmail Poster

I would like to get a part of territorry num.3 bordering KZP and going on the sea,just tell me if the flag is ok and the factbook is here http://www.3wideracing.com/forums/index.ph...t=ST&f=8&t=2378

This post has been edited by Antaly on Oct 24 2012, 04:05 AM
Antaly
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 24 2012, 05:48 AM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Kaledor @ Oct 13 2012, 03:09 PM)
I'd like to claim No.10, if its still avaliable.

And heres some information about my backwards nation: Link

Welcome, neighbour. A Dark Ages feudal monarchy next to a not-quite-stable communist country, that'll be fun...
Kinitaria
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 24 2012, 12:42 PM
PMEmail Poster

I was wondering if the name of the Ocean where my nation is located has a name? I thought I remembered seeing one somewhere, but it doesn't seem to be named on the map in the factbook.
Kiryu-shi
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 24 2012, 09:14 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Kiryu-shi)
I was wondering if the name of the Ocean where my nation is located has a name? I thought I remembered seeing one somewhere, but it doesn't seem to be named on the map in the factbook.
The "cities" map (last updated by CH) gives the name Secocia Sea as the body of water between Luciterra and Vircais, and Taaru Sea between Arrosia and Auzeria.
This old map found in the "Old Maps" thread indicates it might still be part of the Secocia Sea:
http://www.3wideracing.com/3wide/sites/ao/.../aomapwater.jpg
95X-Scottfire
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Topic OptionsClosed TopicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (18) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... Last »

[ Script Execution time: 0.0183 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->