Start new topic
Flagging the Public
Posted: Jan 24 2007, 03:24 AM
PMEmail Poster

Three professors from distunguished universities have met up in Lamoni due to a recent idea by the Lamoni people to do a regional survey, upon who had the best flag in the region. Sixty two flags from the region were selected based upon uniqueness, and were put up to be voted on by the professors, from a score up to a 100, 100 being the best. Each professor submits his score for the flag, the scores are averaged out, and the average is used to rank them. Galieo Fratz was there, representing Demot, and the University of Freestone...

This post has been edited by Demot on Jan 24 2007, 03:25 AM
Demot
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Jan 24 2007, 03:34 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

user posted image

Professor of Political Science Galieo Fratz - Demot (University of Freestone)

This "politically savvy" seventy year old is considered the best professor in Demot for Political Science. When it was felt that a Political viewpoint was a good idea for the Regional Flag Survey, this was the man that Demot sent.

user posted image

Professor of Literature Fernando Allez - Bazalonia (Drago University)

Professor Allez was provided from the Bazalonian Drago University in order to help understand the symbols involved on the various regional flags.

user posted image

Professor of Art Martyn Hernandez - Lamoni (Kazatlan University)

Professor Hernandez was chosen in order to round out the panel, and is noted for his sense of 'style.' He views each of the ranked flags as a seperate piece of art. Just that some of them are better than others.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 24 2007, 08:11 AM
PMEmail Poster

Letter from the Az-cz Council for the Arts

It's clear from these scores that the Bazalonian, Lamoni and Demot nations couldn't indentify a good flag if it bit them ass. First of all they clearly have no sense of color or style. They seem to favor three solid bars with some icon stuck in the middle, with no understanding of individualism or color blend. I think the reason they didn't submit explanations with their rankings is because they're just kind of guessing at what they're doing. Take the Scottfire flag. It is a beautiful flag. First off the boldness to submit what is essentially a monochrome flag. But they way they blend the light reds on the bottoms up to darker reds on the top is a beautiful piece of work. Or look at the Quakmybush flag. First off the four colors, white, grey, black, and teal mix wonderfully and come together to all join together to make the picture in the center. This is both a unique and beautiful flag design. Now compare that to the supposedly third best flag in Atlantian Oceania. It's three bars, one of which is a ghastly yellowish color and a clip art Bazalope in the middle. How is that significantly better than the Kakin flag, which has a haunting wolf glaring at you from out of their flag?

Then there are the errors they made in arranging the poll. Where in the world is Fmjpheonix? You'd think three esteemed scholars could tell that the name of one of the region's older powers is actually Fmjphoenix. Or mistaking The Czardaian envoy. Or Druida.

They clearly don't have a sense of art or knowledge about the region. They just like vertical bars in triplicate and clip art like pictures. There's nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't need to be dressed up as more than what it is.

Az-cz
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 24 2007, 12:04 PM

The Falcon's Royal Vexillological Society have but one thing to say:

What does the Bazalonian flag have that the Falcanian one doesn't?
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 24 2007, 01:22 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Falcania @ Jan 24 2007, 12:04 PM)

A professor from a distunguished (sic) university to vote for it?

Hypocria
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Jan 24 2007, 01:50 PM

QUOTE (Lamoni @ Jan 24 2007, 12:34 AM)

Professor Allez was provided from the Bazalonian Drago University in order to help understand the symbols involved on the various regional flags.

The citizens of Nojika are interested in knowing what Professor Allez makes of the various symbols involved in the many flags of the region -- considering many of the national flags containing meaningful symbols ranked very low in the amateur poll compared to the more plain flags in the region.
Nojika
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Integrity Messenger IMAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 24 2007, 02:04 PM

Con attento,

The Pacitalian Guild of Universities and the Pacitalian Vexillogical Society together censure these results on the basis that there is no report suggesting the criteria, or explaining the research done to determine the rankings on the list. While we do not advocate that the Pacitalian flag should be ranked at the top, we indeed express concern that Professors Fratz, Allez and Hernandez did not truly take into account the national history, chromatic and artefactual symbology or, at the very least, a nation's pride in its own banner.

We request a full report detailing the reasons and criteria for the list placings being in their present status, and until then, once again, remind the esteemed professors and their research team that no credit, recognition or acceptance of these results shall take place until this occurs, and until we have a physical hard copy of the report in our hands.

Sincera in domina bene,

Professoro Signore Dr Andare Antonio Dirigiamatto, DL, PhD, MA, BA
Chairman and Chancellor
Pacitalian Guild of Universities

Signed with the full support of the presidents and chancellors of all twenty-eight PGU member institutions

Signora Alessandra Marchetta-Dona, DL, MA
Director
Pacitalian Vexillogical Society

This post has been edited by Pacitalia on Jan 24 2007, 02:07 PM
Pacitalia
The best place on earth.
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Jan 24 2007, 02:05 PM

QUOTE (Hypocria @ Jan 24 2007, 06:22 PM)
QUOTE (Falcania @ Jan 24 2007, 12:04 PM)

A professor from a distunguished (sic) university to vote for it?

King Falcon has consulted the Vexillological society and is willing to permit the adding of a picture of a Falcanian Falcon onto the flag if it would improve its ranking.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 24 2007, 03:09 PM
PMEmail Poster

ooc: look I'm top ten in something! Other then that what is this about?
Delesa
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 24 2007, 05:11 PM

A representative from the Tropics of Vilita has commended the outstanding work of the professors who have put this fine poll together.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 24 2007, 05:19 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Nojika @ Jan 25 2007, 04:50 AM)
QUOTE (Lamoni @ Jan 24 2007, 12:34 AM)

The citizens of Nojika are interested in knowing what Professor Allez makes of the various symbols involved in the many flags of the region -- considering many of the national flags containing meaningful symbols ranked very low in the amateur poll compared to the more plain flags in the region.

Fernando, scrounged through his office looking for his notes on the Nojikan flag...

"Ah here they are."

After taking some careful time studying his own notes he makes the following press release

To Whom it may concern;

The Symbology for a flag is a thing that has many aspects to it, It represents the nation to other nations and a standard for those within the nation to stand under. And the Symbology that is contained on the flag must take those for it's primary focus and something that uniquely represents.

While I admit the available data I had on this particular subject was considerably less than I would have liked I used what information I had to make an educated guess. As such here is how I translated the symbology in particular for the nojikan flag... semi circles seemingly coming from a central mast, seemingly generating some sort of wave, radio waves particularily. Taking this mast & Radio waves to mean communication in general, which I might add is a noble goal, and scored appropriately. I am not wishing to enter into a who scored what and so will not comment on my score relative to the others, however in the end this is just in the end basically an opinion of 3 professors.  Do with it as you will.

Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 24 2007, 07:00 PM
PMEmail Poster

Most citizens of Bedistan have dismissed this survey as absolute garbage, failing to understand how the flag of Bazalonia rates an 89.3 while Bedistan's flag gets a mere 30, despite the two being really quite similar.
Bedistan
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 24 2007, 09:54 PM
PMEmail Poster

Milchama dismisses as they are not in it despite having a very unique flag.

OOC:Damnit come on it's not the Jersey flag, look at my avatar thingy it shows my flag, it can't get on the NS main page despite my repeated attempts to do so, (This is why i still have Bettia's TG from 352 days ago with my flag links, no I wish that was not a joke).

Milchama
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 24 2007, 09:59 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Milchama @ Jan 25 2007, 12:54 PM)
Milchama dismisses as they are not in it despite having a very unique flag.

OOC:Damnit come on it's not the Jersey flag, look at my avatar thingy it shows my flag, it can't get on the NS main page despite my repeated attempts to do so, (This is why i still have Bettia's TG from 352 days ago with my flag links, no I wish that was not a joke).

OOC: eh, we where going off the flag that ison your nation's page which IS the Jersey flag...
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (2) [1] 2 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0254 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->