Start new topic
Prime Ministerial Tour of Atlantian Oceania (All)
Posted: Jun 18 2006, 10:03 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Stone had a slight smile at the 'loverly lady' description of the Krytenian President. "Well, we have you scheduled to address a joint session of the Congress and Chamber of Deputies, and then you and I can talk while we go to Camp Metolius (OOC: http://www.metoliusriverlodges.com/ Think of an area like the link shows, but more like Camp David in America). It isn't that far from the capitol city, and it will be a better atmosphere for private talks."
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jun 18 2006, 10:31 PM
PMEmail Poster

"I've got some notes for the joint session, Camp Metolius sounds like a great place. I wish I could have a place like it but space is getting a bit tight."
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 19 2006, 03:19 PM

Continuing the light chatter while the motorcade was heading for Government House (OOC: Pic of what Government House would look like ), Stone entertained the possibility of daily flights between Nephi International and the main Bazalonian airport.

When the motorcade arrived at Government House, an hour passed before President Stone gave a short speech, and then introduced the Bazalonian Prime Minister to the joint session.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jun 19 2006, 07:12 PM
PMEmail Poster

"Thank you for inviting me to speak at a joint seating of the Lamonian Congress and Chamber of Deputies. Ever since we have entered this great region of Atlantian Oceania we have found great friends in the people of Lamoni, being the first nation to establish official diplomatic ties with us and supporting our entrance into the SDL. We have a strong link and connection between our nations, only enhanced to our relative closeness to each other. What about the future of our relations? Well I can only see them getting stronger. I have a couple of proposals to enhance our ties both cuturally and diplomatically but those will need to be discussed between President Stone and myself. Once again, the nation of Bazalonia thanks the whole of Lamoni for their friendship and I thank President Stone for his wonderful hospitality he has shown me. Thank you."

and with that the Prim Minister Stepped down form the prodium.
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 20 2006, 03:19 PM

Stone applauded with the others when Prime Minister Hawdon's address ended. After a reasonable amount of time which involved attempting to get through a lot of Senators and Deputies who wanted private chats with their 'guest,' Stone and Hawdon finally managed to get back to Stone's limo for the trip to Camp Metolius.

"The western half of Lamoni is mostly a rainforest (OOC: of the kind that you will find in the western parts of the American states of Oregon and Washington), and the eastern half is mostly desert (OOC: like the eastern half of the two states). We have three mountain ranges, and Camp Metolius itself will give you a view of at least 8 different snowcapped mountains," Stone was saying as the the motorcade made it's way. "Now, what were those proposals that you were talking about earlier, Mr. Hawdon?"
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jun 20 2006, 06:31 PM
PMEmail Poster

"One of proposals would be a trade agreement, I think there is alot that each of our nations could contribute to each other in such a proposal and the second one would be a cultural exchange program where artistic and literary works that are deemed cuturally important are shared. Such works could include poem, dances of various types, stories of important national characters, pieces of art and sculpture, that sort of thing."
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 20 2006, 10:30 PM

"I can immediately agree to the cultural exchange, but as for the trade agreement, what do you have in mind, Mr. Hawdon?"
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jun 21 2006, 12:04 AM
PMEmail Poster

"To sum up, freer access for Bazalonian comanies to set up bases in Lamoni, and vice versa. As well as an agreement to reduce or remove various trade tarrifs and other protectionist measures like quotas. Though the details would have to be neogtiated, items just like what to reduce and by how much."
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 21 2006, 03:08 PM

"That sounds like a fine idea, but i'd also like to add at least one daily round air trip from Nephi International to your biggest airport. LamoniAir would insist."

With this said, the motorcade had reached Camp Metolius, and Stone took the Bazalonians on a tour of the place.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jun 21 2006, 06:47 PM
PMEmail Poster

"I don't see that as a problem but how would LamoniAir react if LamoniAir had access to Bazalonian domestic markets and BazAir had acess to Lamonian domestic markets?" said Stephen as the limo pulled up at the 'camp'.

And received the tour....

"Nice place you got here..." said Richard Menszae

This post has been edited by Bazalonia on Jun 21 2006, 06:50 PM
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 21 2006, 09:58 PM

"I think that LamoniAir would react favorably to such an arrangement; providing that the companies involved worked together with our governments to make things go as efficiently as possible for all involved."

To Mr. Menszae, Stone was happy to point out, "It's a nice refuge from the pressures of running such a large nation on the world stage. It also provides a secure location for meetings such as this one. Speaking of which, do you have any idea why Hockey Canada is so suspicious about Bazalonia or the other new nations to the SDL? It is like the Hockey Canadian Prime Minister regards you as traitors, but we are at a loss to figure out why DiLorenzi feels this way. She won't even give a substansive answer when asked, except for a demand to throw our support behind the invasion of Footballia that she wants."
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jun 21 2006, 10:36 PM
PMEmail Poster

Stephen noded his head... "I'll have to try and get me one of these..." he said with a smile.

"I had a talk with her in regards to the Bazalonian state visit. While it didn't end up with a state visit we did manage to talk. It seems she is slightly, probably a bit of an understatement, paranoid and also annoyed that no one will support her Footbalia campaign. Which she tried to hint that if we did support she'd let us come for a state visit. We didn't agree but let her down easily... either way I am starting to become worried..." stated Richard Menszae
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 22 2006, 03:29 PM

Stone nodded. "Yes, she sounds like she's becoming another Viannor, doesn't she? However, there isn't much that we can do unless she attempts to move on Footballia herself; seeing as how no one is willing to help her invade a nation that has done nothing to her. From what we know so far, she wants Footballia occupied so that there is a direct way into Starblaydia... whom she seems to think that the SDL will automatically invade once the invasion of Footballia is accomplished. Still, she knows that the SDL won't allow it; so why is she still pushing so hard for it?"
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jun 22 2006, 07:52 PM
PMEmail Poster

"I'm thinking she's posturing for something as to what it is, I have no idea."
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 22 2006, 10:41 PM

(OOC: Hockey Canada Map This is an older map of HC, but the darker blue area in the upper left area is Starblaydia's puppet Nova Britannicus)

IC: "I have no idea either, and that is what is making her look like another Viannor or Omsec in Lamonian eyes. The coming together of Lamoni, Khazaron, and Nedalia to defeat Omsec was the starting point for the SDL, you know. I'm just hoping that she doesn't try anything stupid. We have enough things on the regional plate already."
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (9) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... Last »

[ Script Execution time: 0.0185 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->