Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/x3widracin/htdocs/forums/sources/Topics.php on line 1649

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/x3widracin/htdocs/forums/sources/Topics.php on line 1650
AO Forum :: -> What about a Constitution ?

Start new topic
What about a Constitution ?

Is it a good/useful Idea to create a Constitution Template ?
Total Votes: 0
Guests cannot vote 
Posted on Jun 13 2005, 07:45 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

When I was bored last Sunday, I explored the constitutions of the USA, Switzerland and EU (which was refused by the people in a poll).

I have the idea of creating a (simple) constitution for Latao for quite a while, but since it’s a good chunk of work I never actually did it and I wanted to get your opinion to answer questions like “is this any interesting/funny or even useful” or is it “just plain dumb boy play taking to an extreme” ?

It is probably too much work just to create something like this only for Latao (let’s agree, it’s just a game) but if other players (also non-democrats or other state forms) are interested I can imagine to come up with something like a template.

The template would contain, let’s say about 50 articles and paragraphs (or probably less) – real paragraphs as seen in the constitutions I have read so far (to avoid god-modding).

It’s then up to each nation to take and change that template. Remove, edit or amend articles, paragraphs or whatever if you wish. I will try to organize the constitution template in some logical way (using sections etc.) so you can easily change it to specify how your nation is organized. That allows our lil autocrats to install some kind of Lord-Protector-Fuhrer-Tyrannus-State rather than a nice democracy with balance checks ;-)

Also to avoid god-modding, I will try to take care of international law (human rights bill etc.)

In case someone is interested in joining/supporting/using that project please note, I am from a western culture. So if you would like any specialties such as Islamic sharia or whatever you have to do the necessary changes, as I don’t know these things.

Of course you all know, my English sucks ass so it will be necessary that someone reviews my text ;-)

I think one nice benefit is to be able to better compare the nations. This way we can easily find out how things are managed in other countries and see what’s different. Perhaps it’s also a good base for future discussions/role playing as it encourages a wide range of ideas.

Do you think this is a good/useful idea ?

Yes – I can imagine adapting the template for my nation
Yes – But I will probably not use that for my nation
No (got any other ideas or just useless ?)
Latao
Emperor
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0207 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->