Start new topic
A Decent Proposal
Posted: Dec 29 2005, 10:07 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

A great yawn escaped from the mouth of Stephen Larim, the Khazaroninan delegate to the SDL headquarters in Kafra. He leaned back in his leather chair and surveyed his desk. On the right was a coffee mug filled with pens and pencils, on the left was a stack of folders and papers. He shoke his head and began to rub his right temple, feeling a headache come on.

'Who would have thought there was so much paperwork involved in what was supposed to be a glorified ambassadorial position.' He thought as he reached for the top folder on the pile. Just as he reached for it his intercom buzzed. Setting down the folder where it was, he pressed the button on the intercom, laying just to the left of his computer.

"Yes, what is it?" He said in a rather exhausted and annoyed tone.

"Mr.Larim, we have a priority message here for you from the Patriarch." said a melodic female voice on the other end.

"Very well, bring it in. I could use a break from reading all these intel reports."

Seconds later the doors to his office opened and in stepped his brow-haired, athletic secretary. She smiled as she handed him the small folder and then stepped back out.

Flipping open the folder he skimmed the lines and grinned. Several more minutes went by as he flipped through the pages and the closed the folder and placed on top of the mound of folders. "So there was something more to his visit out east for the holiday's than just a ski trip." Stephen said, thinking out loud. "I suppose I should get to relaying the message to my peers then."

Reaching forward, her turned on his computer and listened to it hum and buzz as it booted up. Seconds later he was plugging away, typing up an email.

TO: SDL Delegates

Greetings my fellow delegates. I hope this letter finds you all in good health and good spirits. Allow me to get straight to the point in saying that I wish to invite you all to the Khazaronian buidling in the SDL HQ for a meeting concerning a proposition that I carry directly from Patriarch Khara himself. For security reasons I will avoid going into specifics in this email, but please do show up. Meet tomorrow at the Khazaronian building at 5 p.m.

Many thanks.

In the name of the Patriarch,

Stephen Larim
Delegate
Dominion of Khazaron

Pausing a second to review the message, he found it to his satisfaction and clicked the send button, delivering the email to the various in-boxes of his counterparts. He then sighed as he turned back to the dreary business of looking over the reports.
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Dec 30 2005, 08:19 PM

SDL Delegate
Free Republic of Lamoni

To: Stephen Larim
Delegate
Dominion of Khazaron

I have to admit that you have piqued our curiousity with your e-mail.  I shall attend your meeting, and I hope that this will lead to a break from the tedium of reading through all those intelligence reports.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 1 2006, 11:07 AM
PMEmail Poster

"Whats this?"

Kharaban Khodo looked up from his computer screen, directly at the piece of paper that was presented to him. A message from the Khazaronian Intel at the SDL Headquarters, highly secretive. Sounds like fun, Khodo thought to himself.

He dismissed his aide, and began making some calls. The 2nd in command of the Nedalian Intel at the SDL HQ was curious, and he knew the best answer would come directly from the Khazaronian HQ directly. 15 minutes later, Khodo was preparing himself frantically, ready to head down to the Khazaronian HQ....
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Jan 4 2006, 12:16 PM

Falcon checked his email, and noticed the message. "Hmm, very cloak-and-dagger. I wonder if they'll notice the wings? No matter." He called his aide. "prep the jet, and get me a parachute. We're heading to Nedalia."

OOC: Khazaron wants at the Khazaronian SDL building, Falcon wink.gif - Lamoni

Edited to reflect that. Unless you really do want to parachute into Khazaron for no apparent reason - Star
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 5 2006, 04:54 PM

Stephen Larim made a quick look into the mirror in the restroom that stood adjacent to the conference room on the first floor of the Khazaroninan SDL building. He slicked his hair back some and then straightened out his jacket, buttoning up the last to spots. Smiling at himself, he turned and walked back out into the hallway. He was greeted by a rather large mass of bustling intel officers who where sweeping the area and putting in place security measures to ensure that nobody would be able to eaves-drop on the meeting.

The men seemed to be almost done with the preparations, so he decided to take a walk outside to see if any of the other delegates had arrived yet. Just down the hall, he turned right, into the large reception area at the front of the building. The guards around the building had been kept at their normal numbers, despite how important this meeting was. The Patriarch had not wanted to arouse any undue suspicions from others nearby.

Opening the door to the bright afternoon the greeted him, Mr.Larim noticed off in the distance that several cars where just arriving at the complex. "Ah good, our guests are here. So far, so good eh?" he said as a rhetorical question to one of the guards that stode just to the right of him. He then grabbed a man who was scurrying back inside. "Tell the intel officers to finish up with the preperations. I expect we will be beginning this meeting within the next few minutes." The gentlemen nodded and departed to relay the message.

Walking forward, off the curb a litte, Larim smiled broadly and waved as the first of the cars pulled up. "Welcome gentlemen. I'm glad you decided to take me up on my offer. Shall we get started? If any of you are hungry, I can arrange for my caterer to fix up a nice dinner."
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Jan 5 2006, 08:21 PM

Smiling, Andrew shook hands with the Khazaronian SDL representitive, and said, "i'd quite enjoy that, if you please."

Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 6 2006, 01:37 AM

After fixing the navigational plans and heading to the right country. (OOC: hehehe... IC:) Falcon was now in his private plane, with a parachute strapped to his back. It was slightly uncomfortable. That was probably down to the wings. Nevertheless, he leapt out of the aft hatch, enjoyed the 37 glorious seconds of freefall, and pulled the Falcania Flag Parachute. He fell to the ground with the usual cheers, which turned to cries of horror as he shrugged off his parachute. Ignoring their response to the stunted wings growing out of his back, he adjusted his suit and walked up the steps to great Larim and Andrew.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 6 2006, 11:03 PM
PMEmail Poster

Now that the House of Delegates finally ratified the charter and Sarzonia joined the Strategic Defense League as its newest member, Roger Levine was awakened at the small cabin he lived in just to the south of Woodstock by a telephone ringing.

"Hello?"

"Roger, glad you're there."

"Um, Grant, it's four in the morning," Levine said groggily.

"Sorry about that, late night at the office," Haffner said with false contrition. "Look, the House just ratified the charter of the Strategic Defense League and we'd like to know if you're still interested in being our delegate."

"Uh, I guess so," Levine replied, still trying to rub sleep out of his eyes.

"Good! Be on the plane at 8:00. We need you to fly to Khazaron." Haffner hung up as Levine opened his mouth to reply. The sleepy delegate hadn't had a chance to form a coherent sentence in his sleep-deprived state. If he had, he might have quizzed Haffner why he was being summoned now or he might have debated the relative merits of Sarzonia's joining the SDL after proverbially leaving them at the altar.

However, he would never know just what he would have said to Haffner. As his senses gradually came to him, he just knew that he had to start packing.
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 8 2006, 12:29 AM

After greeting the rest of the delegates, amongst them a particularly groggy Mr.Levine, Larim lead them down the hall and into the conference room. Stopping as he opened the door for the others, Larim leaned just behind the door and flipped a switch, a red light turning on just above it. He turned to the others and smiled. "Security precautions to make sure nobody can eavesdrop on our conversation. A bit much perhaps, but the Patriarch insisted on the utmost secrecy for this."

Stephen Larim grabbed a stack of folders from a nearby stand and began passing them out to the other delegates, stopping for a second as he handed one to Mr.Levine. "You look tired Mr.Levine, could I get you some coffee or something? I could put a rush on our food if you like."

After making sure that all the folders where passed out, Larim toke his seat at the head of the conference table and opened his copy, then folding his hands and looking his compatriots in the eyes.

"Gentlemen, let me start by saying that I apologize for being so hush-hush with you until now. The reason I have asked you all hear today is that Patriarch Khara would like to make a special proposal to each of his fellow SDL members. As most of you are no doubt aware, with the exception of perhaps Mr.Levine's government, we all stand at somewhat of a disadvantage when compared to the industrial and warmaking capabilities of a SAAS nation; when compared one on one at least. Simple fact of the matter is that our natures are different from theirs. They prize strength to bring about what they call order, while we prize wisdom and brotherhood.

To counteract such a difference of natures and resources, the Patriarch as put forth a proposal to each of your governments leaders, seen therein the folders that each of you have, for the establishment of a research facility for the SDL. One which would be dedicated to improving our defense capabilities. Due to the sensitive nature of such a research facility, and the possibility of it being precieved by the SAAS as a threat, the Patriarch has requested that this be kept highly classified for all of our benefits.

The fruits of such a facility would be shared equally amongst all of the member-nations of the SDL. The facility would be run much like the SDL itself, by a group of representatives from each nation. All decisions or proposals would pass through them.

So gentlemen, how does this suit you all?"

Larim paused and looked around the room to try and gauge their responses.
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Jan 8 2006, 04:57 AM

"Sounds good to me." Responded Falcon. "I'm sure Jay Industries could get that up and running in no time."
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 8 2006, 09:11 AM
PMEmail Poster

Mr. Khodo, busily jotting down notes on his laptop, looked up and said chuckling, "I'm sure the Nedalian administration would have no problem sharing a few technological advancements with the likes of Sarzonia."
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Jan 8 2006, 09:39 PM

Lamonian representitive Lassiter smiled at Nedalia's comment. "Indeed, i'm sure that President Stone will have no objections. While we are all here, my government also thinks it prudent that the SDL agree on a common space policy as well; but stresses that this would not override national space objectives."
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 8 2006, 10:32 PM

Mr.Larim smiled. He was noticeably pleased that things where going well so far with the representatives. He turned his attention to the Lamonian. "Indeed. I must say I don't think my government would be opposed to a joint venture into space at some point."
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Jan 11 2006, 09:24 PM

"If I may be so bold," Lassiter went on "i'd also like to take a look at the military options that we can have in space as well. We know that the SAAS have the money and resources to get a real space program going in a shorter time than we do. I don't think that any of us want to see something like a ICBM armed SAAS space station in orbit, for example. We could also include some system to help shield the SDL member nations from a ICBM attack."
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 11 2006, 09:39 PM

"Aye. The SAAS does have a monetary advantage over what we do, even with my nations improving economy, we still don't match the likes of Starblaydia or our neighbors in Nova Roma. God help us if they ever should develop space bound weapons." Larim shoke his head and sighed.

"I don't know how the Patriarch, let alone the National Assembly would handle it.

"As for your request about shielding, I may already be ahead of you on that one." Larim then turned to the Nedalian rep.

"Tell me Mr.Khodo, what exactly are the capabilities of the mineral Hing?" He said this last part with a bit of a smile.
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (2) [1] 2 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0164 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->