Start new topic
Oil Deposits Found!
Posted: May 24 2004, 03:51 PM
PMEmail Poster

After a survey expedition to island 6 of the Aland region, an abundance of oil deposits were found buried under the islands ground. A small drilling town is being established and soon to follow will be a research base and naval yard as well.

The oil will be used in Novus Atlantica and any surplus amounts will be sold to any nations of Atlantian Oceania requiring it. Aside from the drilling town and the research base on the western part of the island the rest of it is going to be left undisturbed (aside from the tourist town) so tourists from all over Atlantian Oceania can come and enjoy its pristine beaches and environment.

There will be no grand military use of this island, at most the naval base will be used for the refueling of allied and Novus Atlantian ships. A single gauss rifle will be built on the island so that it may have some defensive capabilities and there will be most likely be a detachment of Marines at the naval base and in the area at all times.

As there will most likely be a surplus of oil (Novus Atlantica is not as fuel inefficent as the United States) it will lead to the decrease of oil prices in the region as it is shipped to the various nations of Atlantian Oceania.

As we found no local inhabitants we have assumed control of the island and are declaring in this statement that this island is now part of the Federation of Novus Atlantica.
Nova Roma
Fortified Caesar
Quote Post

Posted: May 24 2004, 04:49 PM
PMEmail Poster

My government is concerned about the legality of this oil discovery. As it was not claimed by a single Nation State technically the island and its contents belongs to the regional council, and therefore we all have a stake in any discoveries found therein.

We also feel that this discovery could challange the biggest industry in Dartace, and our biggest export, which could lead to a strained relationship between our two nations.
Dartace
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: May 24 2004, 05:21 PM
PMEmail Poster

As it was not claimed by a single Nation State technically the island and its contents belongs to the regional council, and therefore we all have a stake in any discoveries found therein.

"As we found no local inhabitants we have assumed control of the island and are declaring in this statement that this island is now part of the Federation of Novus Atlantica."

Does this not claim the island for myself?

Novus Atlantica is willing to share the oil deposits with all nations of the region, but only if they are willing to buy it.

If Novus Atlantica is refused the ownership of these deposits then we will assume all minerals and oil resources found in the Earth (since not claimed by a single Nation State) to be shared amongst all members of the region, freely.

I don't believe it was a Xilian expedition that found the deposists nor was it a Nojikan. It was a Novus Atlantican expedition that found these deposits and claimed them and the island on which they reside in the name of Novus Atlantica.

:Qauestor Saryn Sarethi

This post has been edited by Novus Atlantica on May 24 2004, 05:22 PM
Nova Roma
Fortified Caesar
Quote Post

Posted: May 25 2004, 03:51 AM
PMEmail Poster

We would like to enter into a dialouge over the island. My government would like to share in the production of the oil on this island, in return for your control. We require that our oil workers be employed by your government in the extraction of the oil and the distribution of it.
Dartace
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: May 25 2004, 05:53 AM
PMEmail Poster

Request denied.

The island was claimed under the flag of the Federation of Novus Atlantica by a Novus Atlantican expedition. We found these deposits and as no other nation had made claims to them, we took it upon ourselves to do so. If you wish to obtain the oil found there, you can buy it, from Novus Atlantica.

:Praetor Alonius Patricus
Nova Roma
Fortified Caesar
Quote Post

Posted: May 25 2004, 06:06 AM
PMEmail Poster

Expansion request granted. Dartace, I suggest you porpose thta the Protectorate council set up an exhibition to charter the lands of the region, and perhaps put laws in place regarding the ownership of natural resources? Of ocurse such a regulation will be opposed so you should come up with a great argument for it, link it to the environment perhaps.
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: May 25 2004, 06:56 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

QUOTE (Tachbe @ May 25 2004, 07:06 AM)
Expansion request granted. Dartace, I suggest you porpose thta the Protectorate council set up an exhibition to charter the lands of the region, and perhaps put laws in place regarding the ownership of natural resources? Of ocurse such a regulation will be opposed so you should come up with a great argument for it, link it to the environment perhaps.

Do you speak for the whole Council in granting this request Tachbe? It seems as though there was serious opposition on the table that needed to be discussed?
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: May 25 2004, 07:04 AM
PMEmail Poster

There was one oposition. And I remin you the map is not under council jurisdiction till somone makes a law saying so. NA has perfect right to claim that island and I will alow it this time as I actualy made this map. The council members can raise yellow card if the want but now rule has ven been discussed that the council can interfear with the map. If you want to, bring it to the council and I will probably support it.
Talking of the council, we can bring the elected one back, its about time. I will start an election topic if you dont have objectiosn to that.
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: May 25 2004, 08:49 AM
PMEmail Poster

We do not feel that this is necessary at the time being. We accept our allies expansion, and hope in due course they will support ours.
Dartace
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0168 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->