Start new topic
Carrarion Dictator Assassinated-Details Hazy
Posted: Aug 15 2006, 02:21 PM
PMEmail Poster

Millions of citizens pack the city square, the millions of rebels wait peacefully outside Davnon and every day more citizens come filling in and outside the city but what would draw so many to one place, what would be so important, well the future of their country….

“Tragedy struck our country yesterday as David Sanders was murdered. The CLE (Carrarion Law Enforcement) has kept this information in total silence until yesterday when it became apparent our Dictator was no longer performing his duties. The CLE has released almost no information but we do know that the killer was Carrar’s- The news women paused before she read the name “was Carrar’s minister of public affairs Andy Carson….after the assassination he ran down 3 flights of stairs in the Seren Dar Palace before he was cornered by security, he killed himself before he could be apprehended. No other information has been released. David Sanders funereal will be held tomorrow in the sqaure and with no suitable family or relatives to take his place a new leader or form of government must be found. Of the proposed leaders are Democracy with Ryan Torin as Prime Minister or one of our ministers must take the mantle of our late dictator. Darin Daun has called an emergency meeting in Nornan with all the ministers to discuss a future leader.

For a full report join us tomorrow outside the city’s walls at 4, untill then this is Sarah Tarnin of channel 7 news"

This post has been edited by Carrar on Aug 15 2006, 02:23 PM
Carrar
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 15 2006, 07:29 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

"Where be Carrar?" Despite being Starblaydia's Foreign Minister, Lord Isaac M.C. Chisoko was never going to me a Pub Quiz champion when the subject was geography. His wall map, however, was very useful. "Ah, all the way over there in the north-west. Have we got any assets over there?"

The answer came with a shake of the head from his aide, pretty much what he was expecting.

"Damn," he continued, "they're not of much strategic importance but a puppet dictatorship, even hidden away up there, would be a useful thing. Can we put some assets in place?"

"We can try, my Lord."

"Good, see to it at once."
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Aug 16 2006, 05:12 AM
PMEmail Poster

OFFICIAL DISPATCH FROM KAFRA:

The Nedalian government would like to officially support the government of Carrar and will help it in anyway asked of us to make sure the democratic process remains the country's choice in the future. The freedom of the Carrarion people should be top priority, and as Carrar decides to name a new government, we hope that it will be kept in mind.

The Nedalian people stand side by side with the Carrarion people at this testing time, and we ask that there should be no hesitation to ask for help, in any form, should the time come for it.

Dewars Strand
Foreign Minister
Nedalia
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Aug 16 2006, 11:37 AM
PMEmail Poster

To: Dewars Strand Foreign Minister, Nedalia

We would like to thank Nedalia for their most gracious offer of assistance, though at the moment we seem to have things well in hand. We hope that in the future if you are in need we will be able to extend a similar offer.

I am also very heartened to hear that you wish for a free Carrarion people but at this time that seems near impossible with many of the Council of Carrarion against it*. Though who knows how this should play out.

Yours Sincerly, Chandler Fortn
      Foreign Minister
            Carrarion

*The council of Carrarion which includes people from all parts and status of Carrar including a seat for United Meridian(UM). The council’s main purpose is to elect new leaders for Carrarion if there is no line of succession or the successor is not suitable.(Choices are made by 2/3 majority) Also if there is enough demand from the people they can establish a new government. They can also eject anyone from parliament besides the president/dictator/ect. You can only stay member of the council for 6 months, except for the head of the council and the UM seat who stay in power for 4 years. New members are choosen by the ministers of Carrar except for the head of the council which is choosen by the people. The head of parliament can evict any member of the council besides the head of council. The current leader can shut down the council for their term if he gets all Ministers to sign a document of agreement. If no replacement is found for any position in parliament the council can take control of the position until a suitable replacement can be found. The Council has no real power or purpose besides this.

This post has been edited by Carrar on Aug 16 2006, 11:46 AM
Carrar
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 16 2006, 03:20 PM
PMEmail Poster

There was possibly thousands of security and by estimation 11 million people outside the city’s walls. The funeral had gone smoothly with no interruption and all due respect for the late leader.

A stage had been set up with lights and speakers, Ryan Torin stepped down from the podium with a decent applause. He nodded and smiled as he walked off.

Next Darin Daun strode up to the pedestal all the ministers of Carrar behind him, he looked at the crowd smiled and then spoke.

“I know what your expecting me to do, come with some prepared speech and convince you to accept one of our ministers as our new dictator, I’m not. And as you see” He held up his hands “no speech. The Council, The ministers and me all agree that Carrar will not survive another corrupt dictatorship nor will we be able to adapt quickly enough to be of any importance in the world as a democracy. Most of you know my name and for those of you who don’t I’m Darin Daun. And as most of you know that name is only given to those with great power or importance (Darin-Daun being contradictory in Carrarion religion; also Darin Daun not being his real name but a title for those with powerful influence). How did I get this title” He sighed “ I wouldn’t do this if it wasn’t” He looked over to the council, the head of the council nodded her head. Darin swallowed hard and looked up “ My real name is Keyser James….Daun… the only surviving heir of Daun of the battle of Risige.” Heads snapped, the camera’s remained fixed on Daun as did the viewers, and utter silence filled the whole of Carrar……

-12 minutes later-

…That is the legacy, and my right as heir, I wouldn’t have done this if it wasn’t for the extreme circumstances, but I’ll do it for Carrar.” The People stood silent at first and then slowly the crowd went into applause. Daun walked off the stage, apparently shaken.

And over by the heavily guarded Council. Every single member was smug, they knew what they were doing. Carrar would have their king their Nordaun (Carrarion word for king) ; they would have the leader that people would follow blindly into anything* and given time the leader that they could manipulate to their own use…

To:<Ministry that deals with Foreign Affairs>, <Nation's Name>
Subject: Change of Government

The Carrarion country after suffering a terrible loss by the death of David Sanders has changed their Parliament into that which can be loosly described as a kingdom. We hope to be more involved in Atlantian Oceania as a country.

Respectfully
Diane Thomas,
Head of The Council of Carrar
The Kingdom of Carrarion      

*The people of Carrar belive so strongly in their religion that they would follow an heir of Daun without question if he existed. Proof of this is the massacre of the Darin priests in 1248.

This post has been edited by Carrar on Aug 16 2006, 03:21 PM
Carrar
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 16 2006, 03:41 PM

QUOTE (Carrar @ Aug 16 2006, 09:20 PM)
To:Foreign Ministry, Starblaydia
Subject: Change of Government

The Carrarion country after suffering a terrible loss by the death of David Sanders has changed their Parliament into that which can be loosly described as a kingdom. We hope to be more involved in Atlantian Oceania as a country.

Respectfully
Diane Thomas,
The Kingdom of Carrarion

To: Councillor Thomas
Re: Change of Government

We in the Protectorate are glad at the smooth transition between similar regimes in the People's Republic of Carrar, often a people so used to an autocratic rule will not find a democracy palettable so quickly after the death of their leader and figurehead.

Pleased as we are to welcome your Norduan to the round table of nations, we would like to instigate an embassy exchange with Carrar, exchanging embassy grounds in the political quarter of our captial, Jhanna, for a similar plot in your own nation.

Lord Isaac M.C. Chisoko,
Foreign Minister,
Protectorate of Starblaydia
Starblaydia Triumphant
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Aug 16 2006, 11:08 PM

To: Councillor Thomas, Carrar

Greetings to the people of Carrar.  We note the sadness of the passing of the late dictator of Carrar, and are heartened that the Carrarian people have chosen a wise middle course, governmentally speaking.

The Free Republic would welcome an embassy exchange with your great nation, and has embassy space in our capitol city of Nephi for you to choose from.  A potential embassy building will be displayed at the end of this message.  We are also interested in finding out more about the culture of Carrar, as we are a people that are interested in knowledge for it's own sake.  President Stone is interested in a personal visit to your nation if this is acceptable.

The Free Republic would also like to take the opportunity to open an invitation to join the SDL to your nation, so that you may consider it.  The SDL is a group of nations that have allied with one another for political, economic, and military reasons.  We already have one kingdom in the alliance, so we think that the Norduan will not feel alone in the SDL.

We await your reply,

Tanya Ley
Foreign Minister
Free Republic of Lamoni
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 20 2006, 03:24 PM
PMEmail Poster

To Starblaydia

To: Lord Isaac Chisoko (isaac@foreign.gov.sb)
Re:Re: Change of Government

We apologize for the delay of this message and would be more than happy to start an embassy exchange. We have space in our capital, Davnon, if that is acceptable.

Diane Thomas,
The Kingdom of Carrarion

To Lamoni

To: Tonya Ley, Foreign Minister, Lamoni

We would be delighted to have an embassy exchange with your country and we find the embassy building proposed will be acceptable with a few colour and structural changes of course. Also would be glad to share some of our history and culture with Lamoni and would welcome a visit by President Stone.

We are also flattered by your invitation for Carrar to join the SDL but we feel that any alliance of that sort would not be benifical to Carrar at this time. Though we will keep the SDL in mind for the future.

Diane Thomas,
The Kingdom of Carrarion
Carrar
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 20 2006, 05:47 PM
PMEmail Poster

Destiny plays it's hand in unexpected ways.

So thought ISUM Vice President of Commerce Drake Richards as he read the telegram delivered the day before by a Carrar messenger. The words he was reading on the paper were so unbelievable he couldn't imagine they were real.

"So... liberty once again leaps forward."

Shrivelling the paper in two, the VP stood up from his desk and walked over to the window in his office.

"It's about damn time."

Secretly, the ISUM government had hoped that Daun would play his hand sooner or later. The thought of a king in control in Carrar would strengthen the already powerful alliance between the 2 nations, and hopefully the Carrar rebels would begin to disarm as well with this new development.

A secret telegram was sent within the hour to the new Carrar government. Although the document was long and extremely wordy, the main jist of it was this: no matter what, the ISUM was at Carrar's defense. Till death do them part.
United Meridian
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Aug 22 2006, 09:46 AM
PMEmail Poster

To: Tonya Ley, Foreign Minister, Lamoni

His Excellency the Norduan has shown great interest of a visit from President Stone. Though we have no specific time Daun would like to meet with him before the tensions in the region erupt. We will have Davnon’s international airport ready to receive him If President Stone is still interesting in coming.

We look forward to your answer
Diane Thomas,
Carrar
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 22 2006, 03:13 PM

From: Tanya Ley, Foreign Minister, Free Republic of Lamoni
To: Council of Carrarion

President Stone has accepted your invitation to visit Carrar, and is heading that way as we speak.  Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------

As LamoniOne touched down on the tarmac, President Stone noted that once again, airports looked like airports all over the world. That such a trite observation would enter his mind at that moment proved that he had woken up from the nap that he had taken during the flight. Once the flight stairs had been rolled up, his Vremya gaurds went down them and took their positions. They were armed, but had the good sense to not openly display that fact.

When all was in readiness, Stone himself walked down the stairs; eager to meet the reception party from Carrar, and to get this show on the road.

Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 23 2006, 11:54 AM
PMEmail Poster

Louis Daun, Carrarion’s Nordaun watched from the terminal window as the Lamoni plane landed. It had taken them 4 days to clean the airport up so it looked presentable as an international airport. For in all reality this airport was hardly every used and many times the late David Sanders had swore he would shut it down, Louis was glad now that he hadn’t. One of Daun’s personal guards tapped him on the shoulder and pointed to the Lamoni plane. “Lets move”

Walking from the terminal Daun made quick progress to President Stone. He cordially greeted Lamoni’s President and led him to a waiting limo. Once inside it, 4 other government limos and 8 hummers filled with the Nordaun’s personal guard joined in their proper place. After offering him a drink Mr. Daun explained “You will be properly greeted when we reach Seren Dar Palace and it may take us a good 20 minutes to get there. Until then I’m curious what do you want to talk about first?”
Carrar
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 23 2006, 12:41 PM

OOC: Flag lable Lamodka looks like the red and blue bands of the Lamonian flag, with the white hawk in the middle; with the company name, etc. It is the most expensive and best version of Lamodka.

IC: "Nordaun, I would be pleased if you would first accept this small gift." Stone produced a bottle of 'flag' lable Lamodka (Vodka). "This is a bottle of flag lable Lamodka, and I think that you will enjoy it. Now, I have heard that the nation of Carrar has enjoyed a colorful history. I would be interested if you could expand on it."
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 24 2006, 12:24 PM
PMEmail Poster

Daun took the bottle of Lamodka and thanked Mr.Stone “I would be more than happy to accept this gracious gift and I think your right, I will enjoy it. The History of Carrar, well I best start at the beginning. Though often labeled as mythology it is the best place to start and all three books stick to the same beginning. (The Tome of Seren, The book of Carrarion and the word of Darin)

Before the earth was truly formed the Carrarion’s lived in a land known as Quanasti-Nartas (Ga-waon-as-tee - Nar-tas) or simply translated ‘Paradise’. We were the slave to Gods, waiting on their whim. But they are more human then we thought. They threw us out because we were too stupid, ugly and weak, pathetic in their eyes. We refused, starting a war, one of the gods, Darin joined us, feeling more at home with us then his kind. Legend says he was stripped of most of his power by the other gods. Thousands died, possibly millions. Only 3 ships escaped into the world, leaving our people to be massacred. The ships were The ANSTRUME (which the mighty river that flows through the island province Arnorth was named after), The KARTEN and The THERN. The ANSTRUME held the traitor Darin, who led the ship and the survivors in it (about 230 people, it was the biggest ship). During a storm The ANSTRUME was separated from the other ships (who were considerably smaller; The KARTEN holding about 60 people and The THERN 29). The people aboard The KARTEN and THERN lashed the ships together in an effort to stay together but the sea was not kind to them and The THERN sank almost taking the KARTEN with it, only 46 Carrarion’s still lived. For 4 weeks they were at the mercy of the sea, and it was not merciful. Their food ran out on the 3rd week and the Tome of Seren goes as far as to say that they committed cannibalism to stay alive. At the final day of the 4th week, the seas calmed and the most magical sound could be heard, birds! The Carrarions had washed up on land! The first Island, Seren.

To meet them was a women, but described in all the books except for Darin’s as a angelic figure (no book explains or gives a clue of where she came from). She explained that this island is hers (notice she didn’t say she made it as the Tome of Seren tells) and that she would allow us to live here as long as we followed her laws, we readily agreed and were given 26 rules that we must never break.

30 years passed and the most amazing thing happened up the great river came a familiar ship, The ANSTRUME. At its bow was Darin, unchanged by time and from the ship came hundreds of people happy to see land and now faithful followers of their new god, Darin. (According to Darin’s book they first landed just south of Carrar where they lived for 23 years, eventually the original inhabitants drove most of them off the island. It is believed where Darin first landed was United Meridian and recent evidence has been found to back this up) This is where the book of Carrarion differs from the other 2 books. The other books explain Seren as more magical and state that Carrarion was infact a god, I like Carrarions interpretation better.

It was 4 centuries before the first Darin-Seren war happened. Darin was insanely jealous of Seren’s hold over most of the people and that she should own the island and so he created his own twisted laws which purposely conflicted with Seren’s laws. Furious Seren confronted Darin. The arguing soon lead to fighting, Seren seemed fated to win but Darin’s followers tried to kill her while her back was turned. This enraged her even more and she declared war upon Darin and his ‘people’. Town’s turned to cities, villages to fortresses, axes into weapons, family killed family, and friend killed friend. This war went on for 7 years. Ripping this country apart until something happened no one could’ve seen. The long extinct and only volcano of Carrar (Darnan) erupted in a magnificent fiery inferno. For some reason as a result a massive earthquake tore through the island, it was so powerful that it split the island in 2 (the provinces Seren and Darin were formed).

Darin became its own country and for the benefit of both Seren and Darin they formed an uneasy truce. It took 600 more years until the second war happened.

This time Darin landed his troops off at night where the set up camps up all over the coast and then early in the morning struck different locations simultaneously and met up at the heart of Seren. The plan worked and Seren was in disarray, Darin might of taken the capital were it not for a budding young captain in Seren’s army who gathered the citizens and what was left of the military and using gorilla warfare was able to push back Darin’s army to the coast. In recognition of this he was made a general at the age of 19. And as his book explains it Seren gave birth to his son, Daun, though the populace would not know of this for many years to come. Carrarion was forced out of Seren’s army and exiled from the island Seren before he left though he was able to rally many to his cause. Taking 2 ships he headed North ( The DAVNON and The ARNORTH ) where he found another smaller Island (he named it after the first ship to land on its shores ARNORTH).

The island was inhabited by a strange cryptic civilization who Carrarion also convinced to join his cause. And while Darin was busy attacking Seren, Carrarion led his army into Darin’s Island and conquered it. In a matter of days Darin’s army was defeated and Darin himself went into hiding. Seren and Carrarion both agreed that the islands should be united and after many months of debate they became a country with Carrarion as the first King. Finally Carrar would be able to prosper.”

The Limo came to a stop and bright sunlight flooded in as the doors were opened. The Nordaun stepped outside and waited for the President to do the same. “Welcome to Seren Dar Palace” he said beaming. The building itself was immense going up for 6 stories and stretching around until it met itself in a full circle. It was made out of some beige stone with red spires and a red roof. Epic battles and gods were immortalized forever in the stone. Surrounding the Palace was an enormous lawn with orchards, gardens, fountains from several different era’s and cobblestone paths winding through it all. Then bordering the lawn was a tall wall made of the same beige stone with gates in all sides.

In front of the golden doors (main entrance) stood Carrar’s foreign minister Chandler Fortn, then in front of him stood several of the CLE who were making sure the small collection of press didn’t become too excited. Switching from speaking Carrarion to English Mr.Fortn said “And here they are” gesturing to The Nordaun and President Stone who were flanked by their guards. It was a polite little event, the press asked some questions took a few pictures and then Chandler Fortn took over talking to them again as the golden doors opened and Daun and Prsident Stone walked inside Seren Dar Palace.

Inside Seren Dar Palace was much what you’d expect from seeing the outside it had a domed ceiling that was painted with various events of historical importance and lining the main hall were statues of past leaders. Daun took a left at the end of the hall and went up the first flight of stairs he saw, it took him to a hall with what seemed like and endless amount of doors he took the 4th door on his left and entered a room with many different gold rings painted onto the floor the rings were in sets, 4 rings inside each other and sometimes the sets of rings interlaced. The Nordaun took President Stone past this room into another hall with statues. At the end of the hall stood 2 large wooden doors, guarded by 2 of Daun’s personal guards, they opened the doors and finally they were in The Nordaun public chamber. It was what you would expect not much in it yet well furnished. Daun offered a seat to the President and then took his chair behind his desk.

“I’d like to thank you for your gift earlier with a similar present” The Nordaun pulled a bottle labeled SarTearen and handed it to President Stone. “It is unlike any drink you’ve probably have had, It’s Carrar’s best, brewed in the mountain’s of Risige and it has quite a kick so don’t drink too much at any one time. Now I imagine you have more questions; whether it be about the battle circles (the room with the gold rings in the floor), some piece of history I did not fully explain or perhaps you wish that I continue?”

This post has been edited by Carrar on Aug 24 2006, 12:32 PM
Carrar
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 24 2006, 12:33 PM

Looking around at all the magnificent art, Stone actually had to command himself to pay attention to what Daun was saying. "I would be interested in hearing you continue, and I also confess to curiousity as to how the Council of Carrarion was formed. I'd also love the chance to study all of this magnificent art." Stone felt like he was taking a tour of the NS Vatican.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (2) [1] 2 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0248 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->