Start new topic
Meeting in Kafra: Part Deux
Posted: Jul 28 2006, 12:49 PM
PMEmail Poster

President Dala'a stepped up the podium, ready to deliver her first speech infront of her regional counterparts. She was a pretty lady; she had just turned 46, but one would not have guessed she was a year over 30. Her body was tight, her face wrinkle free, and her posture straight.

"Ladies and gentlemen, my fellow members of the dear SDL. There must be atleast a few questions running through atleast a few minds as to why the invitation to SDL territory to the south of Kafra, otherwise known as the SDL Headquarters, was given out by myself, President Stone of Lamoni, and King Falcon II of Falcania. Since our last meeting, in which Nedalia's last, and most honorable President, Sir Andrew Bren, was present, alot has taken place in the region. These matters need attending to," started out President Yasmine Dala'a.

"The first matter at hand is the deteriorating situation in Chacor. As you all know, Starblaydia...or should I say Viannor, has officially recognized Djacor-Rysonia as a soviergn land, and word that they might be given membership into the SAAS has already spread. I find the latter part most amusing, as Starblaydia has mocked our acceptance of anyone who wants to join, as they put it, and yet here they are, admitting part of another country's land. Anyway, the situation happens to be a bit more grave than that; Viannor, I believe, is purposely trying to instigate something. I do believe that all of us have issued statements standing behind the Chacorian government; if not all, atleast most of us. I think the situation is important enough for us to form one, unified SDL voice and opinion on the matter. I will leave that up the us, as a whole, to decide what that should be, ofcourse."

Dala'a took a sip of water, and continued.

"We've known for quite some time about the emergence of a so-called "Third Alliance", and now that they're publicly out of the closet, we should also develop a position, if anything, towards them. I personally view them as nothing more than renegade trouble-makers who throw propoganda at their people about the SDL without actually sitting down and learning what we're all about. Again, I am of the opinion that a united stance must be taken, whatever it may be, on ASPIRE, as they call themselves."

"During a getaway in Falcania, President Stone, King Falcon II, and myself discussed and came to the agreement that till now, the all of the SDL members have to know, and be sure, that when any situation is to arise involving them, the alliance will be there to defend them. I have been stressing unity; I will stress it again. There has been some talk, both backroom and out in the open, that suggest to the outside world that the SDL isn't quite as together as it should be. My fellow SDL members, we throw the best party in town, but it cant look good when rumors spread that the hosts of the party are at odds with each other. Every member must be reassured the other nations have its back, so to speak. The SDL takes care of its members, and must do so from now till forever. Once you're in, you shouldn't be thinking about when you're getting out. That means something is going wrong internally. Thank you, ladies and gentlemen, for your time. I will return to my seat, and let the discussions on the subjects at hand begin."
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Jul 28 2006, 12:56 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Falcon settled back in his chair, paused to think, and then began to speak. "I do not think we should worry too much about ASPIRE. They are a harmless annoyance at worst and a potential ally at best. Perhaps the friendly hand of commerce would be a better action than the gnarled boot of competition?"
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 28 2006, 01:51 PM

Khara looked around the table, waiting to see if anyone was going to reply, then smiled and raised his hand to indicate he wished to take the floor.

"It is my opinion that the nations of ASPIRE are not so much propaganda spewers, as they are concerned about the size and rate of growth of our alliance. Let us try and put ourselves in their shoes. Wouldn't we be concerned if someone, like say the SAAS, began to grow at a fairly astounding rate? I think the answer to that is obvious to most at this table. To counteract their apprehension towards us, I think we should attempt to open a dialogue with them and encourage, at the various least, some civil relations between us and ASPIRE. In dialogue we gain knowledge of one another, and in knowledge our fears and concerns about each other will disappear.

As for the problem with Djacor-Rysonia, I don't not pretend to speak for my fellow allies, but I know the Dominion's chief concern in this matter is more along the lines of said "nations" wish to posses and develop nuclear weapons. That, more than the fact of their secessionist nature, concerns us most.

Finally, I agree with Madame Presidnet Dala'a on this League remaining united in the face of whatever concern may be faced with it. We musn't let hardships we may endure rip us apart, we must allow them to galvanize us and make us stronger. We are all reasonable and understanding individuals, there is no reason why we shouldn't be able to find a solution to any problem that is acceptable to all members."

With those words, Khara sat back down and toke a sip of water, his eyes scanning the table to see who would be the next to speak up.
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Jul 28 2006, 03:18 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Nedalia @ Jul 26 2006, 06:59 AM)
OOC: Just waiting on a few more (Bettia, Krytie, and Sarz) to announce their presence. Then we'll just skip to the meeting room directly smile.gif

OOC: Shows how much I matter in the SDL eh? tongue.gif
Hockey Canada
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Jul 28 2006, 03:25 PM

OCC: Aww, come on HC, you know we all love you. It was just assumed that everyone would know that we were also waiting for you and therefore it would not need mentioning. smile.gif
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Jul 28 2006, 05:04 PM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: Ill take full blame for that. I actually wasn't trying to name the SDL members left, just the first 3 that came to mind. I apologize for that!! Forgive me?
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Jul 28 2006, 08:20 PM
PMEmail Poster

President-Elect Kingsley mulled over what First Archon Khara had talked about, and took the floor. "I concur with the First Archon on the matters concerning ASPIRE. Their concern is simewhat reasonable, and we must work together as an alliance to open clear communications between the member nations."

"Djacor-Rysonia is a loose cannon, and with Starblayde out of the picture and this dangerous and unbalanced Viannor in charge, things are going to come to blows. Whether it's over Djacor-Rysonia or something else they will come. With Djacor-Rysonia supposedly possessing nuclear weapons, this represents a very dangerous minefield to navigate, and it may come time that no matter how carefully we step, things are all going to hell, so I suggest that we in the alliance begin a serious attempt to coordinate the militaries of our various nations, and perhaps conduct a series of military exercises and manuevers. The Alliance believes that this is sorely needed in case of a real conflict breaking out, and all the major members of this League must act in concert and with unity, both in foreign policy and military matters.

"While I find the Archon's words to be somewhat over the top, his point must be heeded. The League's original reaction to this crisis indicated that we are out of step with each other, and presented to both ASPIRE and Viannor that they could stick a crowbar in and pry the League apart. We must maintain at least a face and mask of unity, if not for our own safety.

"I for one, however believe that we must be prepared to act militarily if the situation in Djacor-Rysonia gets out of hand. Another nuclear test or detonation, along with the acceptance to the SAAS clearly indicates that they are ready to cast off the gauntlet, and we must be ready as well. I'd say let Chacor and Liverpool England handle this internally, but if Viannor's troops set foot in Djacor-Rysonia or the Rysonians let off another nuclear weapon, we come down hard, and make it clear to the region that the Strategic Defence League is not to be taken lightly.
The Lowland Clans
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 28 2006, 10:30 PM

After taking in the words of the President of The Lowland Clans, Stone spoke up.

"As some of you will remember, i've been reccomending that the SDL conduct joint naval and other military exercises. Since both Sarzonia and The Lowland Clans are both SDL members, AND close to Chacor, I feel that we can run joint military exercises in either; or both countries if they allow it.

This will serve more than one purpose. It will show the region that we are keeping an eye on what is going on in Chacor, it will give us the ability to respond in case Starblaydia tries to send troops to Chacorian territory, and it will allow us to set up effective joint military commands so that we won't just stumble around if the time for military action comes upon us. If anyone tries to misrepresent these exercises as an invasion force, we can just tell the truth. They are just joint exercises, and we have a right as an alliance to conduct such exercises as we wish.

We aren't invading anyone, just fine tuning our alliance command and control.

I agree with the opinion on the table that we should open diplomatic and cultural links with the ASPIRE members. Not only have the SAAS NOT done this, but a better mutual understanding can only be beneficial to both parties."
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jul 29 2006, 01:43 AM
PMEmail Poster

President Twaxlit wanted to make something clear first:
"Was Oliverry finally admited in the SDL?" he asked
Septentrionia
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 29 2006, 06:08 AM

Falcon frowned. "Hold on just one moment. We're the Strategic Defence League, not the AO Police. If they request our help we should be only too happy to oblige, but I don't think we should get too ahead of ourselves. Viannor's itching for an excuse to declare war, so if we get too aggressive here, she will. War will happen, but we should wait for the opportune moment."
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 29 2006, 11:49 AM

Patriarch Khara nodded in agreement with King Falcon. "I concur. While I do think we should keep our eyes on the situation in Chacor, as President Stone suggested, I also think that we shouldn't do anything that could be taken as to overtly hostile by the involved parties or their allies. We must step very carefully if we wish to avoid a regional conflict, as King Falcon put it."
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Jul 29 2006, 11:55 AM
PMEmail Poster

"Who said anything about doing anything hostile? My suggestion was to hold exercises down in the uninhabited island just south of here. These exercises is held need to be as far away from Chacor as possible to avoid Viannor getting a reasonable excuse. But these exercises need to be held, because when was DOES come, we will need a unified command and control structure if the League operates together."
The Lowland Clans
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 29 2006, 01:31 PM

"Viannor doesn't need a reasonable excuse. The moment we do anything remotely warlike, she'll declare war. Or she might. We can't risk it."
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 29 2006, 01:39 PM

Patriarch Khara nodded and smiled. "My apologies. I misunderstood where you wanted to hold the exercises. I am just more than a bit concerned that the slightest move from us will set off Viannor into a rage. It seems her paranoia is catching." He said this last part with a great sense of humor in his voice, letting out a little chuckle.
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Jul 29 2006, 03:49 PM
PMEmail Poster

"Then we have a war anyways, and it doesn't matter. We cannot afford to go uncoordinated for much longer. You may be right, but if we do hold these exercises and maintain every opportunity to present clean hands. If Viannor goes bloody nuts over an exercise thousands of kilometers away from Starblaydia, it looks a lot better for us than her. It might not be much, but it could sway ASPIRE towards remaining at least neutral or even towards us if we are lucky. But these drills and as close to necessity as we could have. When the War does come and we are unprepared, I shudder to think of what will happen."
The Lowland Clans
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (6) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »

[ Script Execution time: 0.0205 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->