Start new topic
AOCAF 16 RPs
Posted: Sep 12 2006, 05:04 PM
PMEmail Poster

Milchama News-Today-Tommorow-Chronicle-Telegraph-Journal-Update -Register-Sun-Enquirer-Post-Gazette-Times-Picayune-Herald

Sports Section

Thibault needs win or done

Patrice Thibault, the NMS B team and U21 Coach since World Cup 24 is on his last legs. After the STILL unnamed Milchamian B team lost last night to Myrtannia 1-0 to bring Milchama's record to 1-0-3 Thibault was given an ultimatum by the MFA, Win the next game or your fired. Thibault has still had some success with the U21 squad as they did advance to the quarterfinals last time in the cup. However the B team has been getting worse and worse and with this 1-0-3 performance it looks like we won't even advance from our group which cannot be good.

The MFA has also decided that it will look in Milchama for the next replacement leading many to speculate the Alex Lans will be the next Milchama B manager. Lans is already the assistant and has lead the team to numerous victories. Some think that he can lead the team to the "next level" whatever the hell that means. Anyway we all know that Thibault is a failure but waiting a while might not neccesarily be a bad thing.
Milchama
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 12 2006, 09:13 PM
PMEmail Poster

Demot Daily ~ Qualify?

With the oncoming match against Footballia, the team sees itself at fourth in the group and in a very favorable position. It merely has to win its' next match and the squad will qualify. The conditions could not be any more perfect if it were scripted, unless the team had won every game, but thats another can of worms. Needless to say, the odds of the team advancing to the next round are quite high.

Demot is in fourth place with 1 win, 2 losses, and 0 draws with a goal differential of positive two. Footballia is in fifth with a record of 1 win and 3 losses, and a goal differential of negative four. This means that if the squad won the game, and then not lose to Pactalia by 7 goals or more, then they would qualify. The opening 4-0 drubbing of Qutar is why the team is able to do this despite the two close losses to Oliverry and Nedalia. With their strong performance, the team is predicted to win 3-1 over Footballia. So hold onto your seats and cheer as loud as you can as the team takes them on tonight.

Article by Jasmine Olyvander
Demot
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Sep 12 2006, 09:48 PM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: Things have been a little too good for my team. That changes now. Muahahahaha.

IC:

Richland, Lamoni
Aurendia Raptors Team Hotel
<Six hours before game time>

The sun was already shining brightly, yet anybody inside Room 619 would barely have noticed through the tightly-drawn window shades.

As the young woman assigned to the room slowly awoke, her first conscious thought was that she had a headache, and that she didn’t remember anything. What she noticed next confused her: snoring. She could definitely hear several individuals snoring from around the room. Curious, she rose out of bed as her eyes slowly opened; at which point she first noticed she wasn’t wearing any clothes. Very confused, she fumbled in the darkness for a light switch. The brightness came as a surprise, forcing her to blink several times to get her pupils properly contracted. Once open, confusion became astonishment, as the aftermath of something that had happened the night before became apparent. The source of the snoring noise was revealed to be several human figures strewn in any available spot on the rug; all of them also nude, many of them complete strangers. Between the reclining nudes were a number of empty liquor bottles, many of which carried the label “Lamodka.” The next thing she saw really jolted her awake; was that a mule over in the corner munching on the decorative houseplant?

<><><><><><><><>

Richland Field, Lamoni
Aurendia Locker Room
<Three hours before game time>

A very upset Cassandra Campbell screamed after hanging up her phone. “Great. Just f%$^ing great! First I wake up to the aftermath of an orgy I don’t even remember in my room, then half of my teammates aren’t even there when we leave the hotel, and now our head coach wakes up on a fishing trawler! And where the hell is Danielle?”

“Uhm, sorry to pile it on,” said trainer Anita Simpson quietly, “But half of you are in no shape to play today at all.”

“What?!? They’re here aren’t they? Why can’t they play?”

“Just look around Cassie. Most of the people in this room are too hungover to play football! Hell, I think our starting goalie is still drunk! And if that isn't enough most of the defense seem to have come down with some stomach bug.”

“ Well that’s just f#$%ing peachy! So, who’s good to play?”

“Well, there’s you, your sister, Regina, Bart, Jessica, Denise, Ken and Tara.”

“Hmm, and Regina’s out with a red. So not only do we have no coaches, now we only have seven players? We have to forfeit?”

“Look, I’m the trainer. It’s my job to keep you all healthy. Of the fifteen players on this team who made it in today, only seven of you are in any shape that I’d feel comfortable letting you play ninety minutes of football. And from a game standpoint, even if I did let everyone play, they’d be more of a hindrance on the field than if they just sat on the bench. If four sober football players don’t show up, well, I don’t know. You’re the captain. Find an official or something. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve gotta go hold back Kasia’s hair.”

With that, Cassandra Campbell was left to silently curse out the situation. It had started out so well, with an upset victory over the defending champions. With a bye date following, celebration by the players was to be expected. What no one could have expected was how much celebrating would actually occur. The thought was interrupted by the chirp of a cellular phone.

“Hello? Oh thank you thank you thank you for calling me Julia.”

“Uh-huh. Well, gulp down a lot of water, take some ibuprofen, and get a cab down here now!”

At least they would have a goalie. It was then that Cassandra noticed that her headache had gone away a long time ago.
Aurendia
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 12 2006, 09:55 PM
PMEmail Poster

Richland Field, Lamoni
Aurendia Locker Room
<Two hours before game time>

Cassandra Campbell addressed her assembled teammates. “Okay folks, here’s the deal. In the aftermath of our celebrations the past two nights, neither of our coaches will be joining us today, along with almost half of our team. Also, according to Anita most of you are unfit to play today. Combine that with Regina’s red card from last game, and we only have eight players. Normally that means forfeit, but we are not forfeiting this match. We did not come all this way just to forfeit, and I think I’ve thought of a way to avoid that. In this stadium, in the tailgates outside, and in the bars in the area are several thousand of our fans who traveled here to support us. Among that group there has to be at least three individuals with some useful athletic skills. I want those of you who are able to play out there finding us three more players. Even if they never played a day of football in their life; as long as they can run around for ninety minutes we can put them somewhere. I want us to get in some warm-ups, so be back here in forty-five minutes. Go!”

----------------------------
“You guys want to head into the stadium now?”

“Are you crazy? I just put the burgers on! Hell, we haven’t even cracked open the cooler yet.”

“More importantly, I have yet to utterly school you with my new move.”

“I’ve heard a lot about this so-called move, and I have yet to see it. I believe it does not exist.”

“Nonsense, you were at that game against South Portland State, you saw it. Just to be make sure though, hah! I do believe that’s a goal.”

“No fair! I was talking!”

“So was I. Now since I scored, you go get me a drink.”

“She’s right man. You lose. Fetch me one while you’re at it.”

“Fine, but this isn’t ove-- hey, I think that’s Tara Pellegri over there.”

“What? Where? Sweet crap you’re right! But, what is she doing out here? And, why is she walking this way?”

----------------------------

“I love these seats Tony. Great view of everything, plus easy to get on the field at halftime.”

“Right you are Jimbo. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need a drink.”

“Already? We just sat down.”

“Stadium’s still semi-empty so the lines are short. Besides, this Frankenpimp outfit is heavy. I sweat a lot in this thing.”

“Please. I’m dressed as a gorilla. Fake fur and everything, and the dark color really absorbs the sun. You know nothing of sweating.”

“Yeah but when we’re on the field, we’re naked, so you take the fur suit off. The Frankenpimp mask still weighs a ton, and I don’t get to take that off.”

“Whatever. Wimp.”

“You’re just jealous because those orphans have earned more money from me than from you.”

“That’s because you cheated! You went to that Starblaydia-ASMV game! Non-Raptors games earn double.”

“I invited you too!”

“You didn’t tell me you were streaking!”

“I thought that was implie- hey man, look! Its her!”

“Who? That girl from last night?”

“Naw man, much better. Miss December herself!”

“Julia Kennedy? There’s no players on the field yet.”

“Not on the field! Turn around and look back this way.”

“Oh crap your’re right! Is, is she waving to us?”

<><><><><><><><><><><><>
Aurendia Locker Room
<One hour, twenty minutes before game time>

“Okay. Everyone gather round” yelled out Cassandra Campbell. “It looks like Tara and Julia have had some luck, and from first glance we may even have a substitute. Time is short, so let’s get some personal information from our emergency Raptors. How about you start, Frankenpimp.”

“Wow, uhm, still kind of in shock here, but, my name’s Tony Montine, I’m 24 years old, I’m from Kurova, and I’m surprised why I was asked, I haven’t played soccer since I was twelve.”

“That’s not a problem Tony. You and your friend their in the gorilla suit have managed to spend three straight half-times running laps around the field with heavy masks on, and you’re both pretty fast while doing it. I’d think would probably be able to run around for two halves with a much lighter jersey on, so we’ll have one of you play midfield. Now, gorilla boy, do you have a name?”

“Yes I do. Its James Rentour, I’m also 24 years old, but I am from Three Rivers, and I did play in high school.”

“Good. Now, how about you two from the tailgate.”

“Well, my name’s Ellen Inofa, I’m 19 years old, and I’m a sophomore forward for U. Southport.”

“Which is why you’ll play forward for us today. Lets end with your friend there.”

“I’m Steve O’Sullivan, I’m twenty, and I play on the back line for U. Southport, and I assure you I’m usually not beaten as easily as I was earlier today.”

“Let’s hope so, because you’re filling in at defense today. Ashley and Denise, it’ll be you too up front today, along with Ellen. Ken and Bart are on D with Steve, and Julia’s in net. Tara, Jess and I will be midfield, along with Tony. Regina, you got the red against Bettia so you can’t play. You’re gonna hold the clipboard instead and be coach. James, you’ll be fresh legs in case anyone needs to sub out. Regular players get out there and stretch. Newbs, best we can do this short notice are some practice jerseys. Not as nice as the game ones, and they don’t have your names, but at least the colors match. Ellen you take 84, Steve gets 72, James gets 61, and Tony can be 55.
“Alright people. We’re in fourth place now, which is the lowest spot that advances. If we keep winning we don’t move down, and probably move up. We want to control our own destiny, so lets go out there and do it!”
Aurendia
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 12 2006, 11:05 PM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: Argh.. sorry. I forgot to mention this but The mice don't actually speak in a human intelligble language, It's all squeeks and such. They can actually write in english though so all communication with non-mice is written(This will be remedied in an RP Soon. You'll know when it is done)
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 12 2006, 11:49 PM
PMEmail Poster

Queen Sonya Sabre read the invitation to attend the Starblaydia vs Lamoni match with none other than President Stone. "Good. Nice to see a good match. The Necromancers have been stinking things up too much for me to keep watching. A loss to Neu Amerika! Completely unnacceptable. Get me President Stone on the phone! I need to accept this invitation. And sharpen that damn guillotine! It might just be needed soon.........both for the Necromancers and the Unicorns."
Dorian and Sonya
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 13 2006, 12:24 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Eel-Cat things look to clinch spot against the Bush

The Vilita & Turori Eel Cat things, fresh off a pair of wins over the Lowland Clans and Milchama, remain unbeaten atop the group table with 7 points, and could secure qualification to the next round with a win over Quakmybush in their next match, and other results going their way. Led by the Mumamba brothers, Vilita & Turori opened their campaign with a somewhat dissapointing draw against Myrtannia, with the lone goal coming off the foot of Striker #17.

It was the second match of the competition however, where the Vilitan's showed their true strength, coming back from a two goal deficit at half time to secure the 3-2 victory. Led by a classy free-kick from Misrantian captain Rahman Omer Hilali, The Jungle Cats battled fiercely and Kristofer Kilpter opened his international account with a pair of goals in the final half hour to secure three points for Vilita & Turori. The fine run of form continued on Matchday four with a convincing 3-1 victory over Milchama. The Vilitans will have their work cut out for them, however, if they are to finish top of the group, as the dryads from Myrtannia are sitting tall after opening the campaign with a draw against the Eel-Cat Things, and Vilita and Turori will look to secure victories in its final two matches of qualifying to rectify this fact.

Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 13 2006, 03:05 AM

MD 6 RP CUTOFF
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 13 2006, 03:53 AM

Hawks take care of business

Nojika might have been able to put on a show with Starblaydia, but the Hawks proved that they can't win them all. Nojika scored the first goal of the match, but that would prove to be their high water mark for the match.

Tomes put a mid-air backspin on a ball that was beautifully cross passed to him by Ludlow, and the arc caught the Nojikan goaltender by surprise. Tomes would score again later on, again catching the Nojikan goaltender by surprise with a shot to the right lower corner of the goal.

With Nojika out of the way, Lamonian attention has turned to regional rivals Starblaydia. This will be THE match of AOCAF 16, and President Stone has invited Queen Sonya of Dorian & Sonya to watch the match with him. We have just received word that the Queen has accepted the invitation.

To date, Lamoni has never defeated the Starblaydis, but Lamoni is riding high in the number one spot of Group A, and is looking to see if there is anything to be learned from the Nojika-Starblaydia match that might help them here. Lamoni is in excellent position for the round of sixteen and is confident of a victory against any of the teams in the region.

Lamoni - 2 Tomes (45, 50)
Nojika - 1 (20)
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 13 2006, 03:42 PM
PMEmail Poster

Dryads Smash Sharks, Await Opponent in KOs

SPOKANE ROUND in Lamoni - AOCAF XVI has seen Myrtannia rise from mediocrity to a level of contender for the group title, a stunning transformation in some minds. All it took was a little altering of the starting eleven, a new offensive mindset, and traditional Myrtannian hard work. Led by veteran Dania Figary and new coach Rachell Gabino, the Dryads have recovered from AOCAF XV and then some. As of this writing, Myrtannia has yet to lose a match in AOCAF XVI play.

To recount Myrtannia's success so far, the Dryads began the group stage with a gutsy 1-1 draw with Vilita/Turori. Then came wins against Krytenia (3-1), The Lowland Clans (2-0), and Milchama (1-0), which put Myrtannia in excellent position for the round of 16. All that remained was a match on Day 6 with AOCAF newcomers Quakmybush, who entered the match winless.

From the start, it was very evident that momentum would be key in this match; Quakmybush had none built up, Myrtannia had an incredible amount of it. The Dryads Army packed Spokane Round for perhaps the final time (no one knows where Myrtannia's Round of 16 match will be held), and were more vocal than usual. Already they had a lot to cheer about, after all. A 3-1-0 record and the team captain the new Myrtannian international goal scoring leader as of the Milchama match. The Dryads made sure that the Army would have much more to cheer about as well.

"We were riding high on the hog coming into today, but if we stumbled against AOCAF newbies, what would that say about us? It might've disjointed our entire effort!" explained Roz Gabino.

After the national anthems presentations and starting eleven introductions, Myrtannia got right to work. From the opening kickoff, it was all Dryads, as Myrtannia got possession and kept it as they maneuvered into attack positions. In seemingly the blink of an eye, Myrtannia found a spot of daylight, and September Rollock charged full steam ahead. Here's the call from AIR 4's coverage of the match:

"Nang passes it over to September.... Rollock dribbles around Willis, and look at that! A big opening, only the keeper between her and the net... September drives, strikes... scores! GOOOOOAALL!! September Rollock with the early goal, and Myrtannia is suddenly up 1 - nil!"

After Rollock's goal, Myrtannia again refused to let up on the attack, pressuring the Sharks possession after possession. Daisey Martignago played some excellent defense despite being a midfielder, and quickly returned possession of the ball to the Dryads about ten minutes after Rollock's goal. Once again, the Dryads pressed the issue, all five forwards moving up and converging on the penalty box. Already happy with the quick first goal, the Dryads Army was full of anticipation about the potential of this setup as well. With so many forwards so close to the goal, someone would have to score, right?

Right. Rollock took possession after a pass from Martignago, and then passed it off to Dania Figary. Figary dribbled around Sharks defender Renée Moreno, and then took a shot on the goal. Sharks keeper Luis Green dove for the ball, but it struck the upper crossbar instead. Before Green could recover, Myong Tuman dove forward and headed the ball back into the net. Again, the call from AIR 4:

"Figary gets around Moreno, has an open shot at the goal and takes it... Luis Green dives to stop, but it's off the bar... Myong vaults forward and heads it... GOOOOAAAAL!! GOOOOAAL!! Off a kamikaze header, Myong Tuman puts the Dryads ahead by two! Unbelieveable!"

It was Tuman's second goal this AOCAF, and the second of the match for the Dryads, who played more conservatively for the remainder of the half. Most of the remaining first half was a game of keep-away as Myrtannia passed it from orange jersey to orange jersey, safely away from the overwhelmed Sharks. Myrtannia went into the half up 2-0, and looking to cruise the rest of the way home in their final group stage match.

"We're playing extremely well out there, and I think we're going to keep up with this effort. We've got this match in the palm of our hand, and we're not going to let it slip away," coach Gabino said before heading to the lockers, "Expect more of the same in the next half as well."

That is exactly what went down, too. Myrtannia came out in the opening part of the second half playing slightly conservatively, but seemed to tire of keep away. That only left one option, which was to invade Sharks territory again and press the attack yet again. The Drayds moved in, and took some well-aimed but ill-fated shots on goal, as Luis Green managed to keep them out.

But when the Dryads want something, they don't give up that easily, and soon enough the Dryads moved into a very opportune position. This time, Sabra Nang started off with the ball, and passed it across to Roz Gabino, who momentarily eyed the goal. Gabino then faked a shot and passed it between Hector Adams' legs to Figary. Faced with another open line of sight on goal, Figary turned, fired, and struck the ball home into the upper right corner of the net past Luis Green.

As the Army roared its appreciation of the goal, Figary thrust a fist into the air in triumph, as Myrtannia took a commanding 3-0 lead. For the rest of the match, Myrtannia would alternate between taking shots at the Sharks goal and playing keep away, letting time run out. At the final gun, the Dryads went into celebration mode, having won their fourth consecutive match, and gauranteed their spot in the Round of 16 for the third straight AOCAF. The Dryads Army, too, went crazy as their cheers drowned out the PA system at Spokane Round.

"It's a terrific feeling to finish the group stage so strongly, especially with no real blemishes on our record. Four wins, one draw, no losses. I like the sound of that," said Dania Figary, "But now, we've got to get back to business, and work our tails off on our bye date before we return to the pitch for the knockouts. The next match, one little loss sends us back to Halosen, and we're not of mind to go home early."

The win puts Myrtannia into a good position to actually win the group, as they are in first place for the third straight day with a record of 4-1-0, and a +8 goal differential. In order to take first in the group, Myrtannia's nearest challenger Vilita must win by a difference of three or more goals. The first tie-breaker would be nil; the Myrtannia-Vilita match ended in a draw. If Vilita wins by three goals, they tie Myrtannia's +8 differential, and then win the third tie-breaker of goals for. Obviously, the Dryads are hoping for a Vilitan draw or loss, which would automatically give Myrtannia the group. More realistically, if Vilita wins by two or fewer goals, Myrtannia wins the group by goal differential.

"We really want to win the group outright, but we've done remarkably well regardless," assistant coach Khat said, "But in any case, go Quakmybush defense! Hold those Eel Cats to two goals!"

The final score from Spokane Round:

Myrtannia 3 - 0 Quakmybush
(Rollock 7', Tuman 20', Figary 64') (None)

(Lamoni, since I don't play MD 7, please consider this RP for the Round of 16)

This post has been edited by Myrtannia on Sep 13 2006, 03:47 PM
Myrtannia
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 13 2006, 05:02 PM
PMEmail Poster

Champions Triumphant

Stephen Murtagh reporting from Richland Field,

It was meant to be so different. Sure they may be champions but those young upstarts from over the border were meant to have met their match against an experienced side from the Autocracy. Clearly they hadn’t.

The first half was slightly unusual in a match between two Verdana nations. Now don't get me wrong, there were chances galore but for once the strikers seemed to have left their scoring boots in the locker room. Chances came and chances went until finally, in the 37th minute, someone managed to stick the ball in the back of the net. That honour went to the Young’Un’s Mark Enham, a positive veteran at 20 years of age, who cracked a low shot across Lomaia and into the bottom corner. The halftime whistle went to a general sense of bewilderment. Forty five minutes of football and only one goal. Madness.

Fortunately the second half more then made up for it. Four minutes in and Alex Sousa rattled in an equaliser and life was good once again. Until, that is, the 63rd minute of the match when the younger Aroras produced ten minutes of the most awesome attacking display that a Hypocrian side has faced in a long, long time. Three goals scored in ten minutes. Three goals that took the youngsters from Bettia from being embroiled in a stalemate to having 3 points in the bag. Eri Kurniawan showed coolness in front of goal to claim goals two and three and, before you could say “Cilit Bang!”, captain Barry Scott thumped in the fourth from distance. It was a spell of play that left the Hyppos reeling as captain Tony Webber tried to get his follow defenders back in to some sort of shape and the coach looked on in utter disgust. Late on Razin did manage to pull one goal back but the damage was done and, after three impressive wins on the spin, the Autocracy’s finest tasted defeat for the first time in the tournament.

Hypocria 2 - 4 Bettia
Sousa
Razin

Elsewhere in Group B Aurendia beat Neu Amerika 3 - 1, a result that could have further consequences for the men in blue and white.

Next . . .

Hypocria v Aurendia
Going into the final matchday the Hyppos have a place in the knockout stages assured. But that top spot in Group B is a long way from guaranteed. Following their win Bettia now occupy it but the little Aroras have played all their games. So a win for the Hyppos against Aurendia would secure first place in the group and, in theory, an easier second round tie. But Aurendia, after their own recent win, are just 2 points behind Hypocria and a win for them would move them into second and drop the Hyppos down into third. Which, considering our start to this tournament, would be unthinkable.
Hypocria
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Sep 13 2006, 06:46 PM

Double-A Victories Set Up Top Clash
Starblaydia hunting down Lamoni on their own turf

Two games, two wins and Starblaydia are back in business in Group B, proving that the Nojikan defeat was merely a blip on Starblaydia's way to Qualification for the knockout stages. Honest. As much as this Starblaydi side are trying to pull together, their unity just isn't quite there yet. Thoughthe veteran Cup-winning members of the side such as Noble and Zinaldi are working just as well as they ever did, it's getting the younger and less experienced members of the team, at this level, to gel together.

For all his athleticism, drive and desire, Darijo Cravex simply cannot be Captain Starblaydia every minute of a match over every blade of grass. Delegation will be the key for his future career, though with his uber-patriotic stylings, he'll certainly be a feature in future World Cups.

Kaza Matranga, however, has quickly blossomed into an excellent promising young striker, as her hat-trick against Andossa Se Mitrin Vega proved. Janica Rocca has never had too many starts for Starblaydia here or there, but a brace against Az-cz, alongside two other goals from Petyr Kaminsky, sealed Starblaydia's largest win of the tournament so far.

Next up, as if anyone could forget, is the best team in the history of the AOCAF, playing a team they;ve never lost to, in their own nation. Starblaydia versus Lamoni in Lamoni for the first time, the winner will be named as Group B Champions, though a draw would also ensure this for the Hawks.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Sep 13 2006, 09:52 PM

Tamed! And Pacitalia rolls on...
Home side comes out on top in further proof that Lions-Blue Foxes matches are always a great show

LAMONI (PSN) -- On the heels of a 2-0 victory against Qutar, Pacitalia faced its toughest test yet of the sixteenth Atlantian Oceanian Cup of Association Football -- fellow group C'ers Nedalia. Third-ranked Nedalia came in to the match undefeated at 4-0-0 while the ninth-ranked Blue Foxes entered their second-last match of the group stage also undefeated, but at 3-0-0 (having had their two bye dates already). And it appeared the rest the Blue Foxes received between playing the Qutari and then facing off against the Lions paid off handsomely for the home side Pacitalians, who pulled away late after an offensive attrition that provided outstanding football from both teams.

The slightly more offensively minded Lions came in with a clear advantage over Pacitalia at the senior level: World Cup experience and a higher ranking in the AOFA regional list. But Pacitalia's desire to hoist the cup at the end of AOCAF16 seems to have driven the Blue Foxes to a better effort on the pitch, to the point where they now stand as the only team in the entire tournament to have won all the games they have played. And with one match left, fans are becoming more and more interested about the ultimate finish of the Pacitalian A squad.

Fans were treated to a pre-game ceremony honouring Veranace d'Amantano, who scored his 100th international goal, against Oliverry, in a 4-1 triumph last week. Then it was on to some world-class football.

The Lions started things off, with their first chance of the match, in the ninth minute. After a few minutes where the squads were re-acquainted with each other's styles of play and formations, forward Tim James took advantage of a larger-than-normal hole in the Blue Fox halfbacks line, splitting Ferdinando Imperino and Nuno Cabana before giving chase to the goal. Francesco Manzanotti and Angelo Bordellatta attempted to close the avenue for James but he managed to squeeze a shot off before Bordo's leg would have deflected it into the ground. The sweet rocket curled left but Cristianu Raduvani got two hands on it and forced it out of play for a corner as an excellent opening save.

Pacitalia's defensive core started to work its magic, though for Nedalia's part they had many good chances in the first half while Pacitalia sat back and defended, trying to wear down James and Constantine, the two crown jewels of the Nedalian lineup, thus fatiguing them and allowing for the Blue Foxes to counter-attack while the Lions coach substituted the tired stars off the pitch. The plan worked to an extent, as it did tire James and Constantine; however, the halftime talk appeared to let the two stars catch their breath and return to a pitch where the score was still deadlocked at 0-0.

In the second half, however, the Blue Foxes reversed the situation, duly noting how their plan to tire out the Nedalians had only partially worked. So they slowly fought back with charge after charge, all of them successfully repelled by the Lions' defensive core of Gradd Corona, Ben Turner, Cris Donne and Khalil Kassem. However, the repeated offensive charges of the Blue Foxes appeared to be what nailed the coffin shut on the Lions' day, for Nedalian coach Sam Dilford substituted the first three defenders off at various times down the stretch in the second half. With backup defence on the field, new century-club member Veranace d'Amantano and fellow striker Ambrosino Giurimano were able to go to work, with the former, the team captain, finally able to let off a shot that bounced off the ground low at a high speed, almost dancing tauntingly past Henry Tillment for the first goal of the match.

James almost equalised in the 79th when he was awarded a free kick just outside the box in response to an unsuccessful slide tackling attempt by Angelo Bordellatta in front of goal. James' kick curled beautifully again but it was too high and passed over the heads of the wall, the hands of Raduvani, and the crossbar, the score remaining 1-0 late for the Blue Foxes.

And to the ecstatic cheers of the fans in attendance and those watching PSN at home, midfielder Andolfabio Vunghiasso's corner kick reached Giurimano perfectly. The Magician made no mistake, redirecting the ball high to the right of Tillment for a 2-0 lead, and victory secured.

Pacitalia's last match is against regional and tournament newcomers Demot, who have won and lost two apiece to-date. Pacitalia leads Group C at 4-0-0 with Nedalia just behind at 4-0-1. Demot and Oliverry are each 2-0-2 with one match to play, while Footballia and Qutar are languishing in the basement and mathematically unable to qualify.

From Lamoni:
Nedalia 0 : 2 Pacitalia

NED: None
PAC: d'Amantano 73', Giurimano 87'

NEXT UP: NED v n/a (done group stage), PAC v DMT

This post has been edited by Pacitalia on Sep 13 2006, 09:55 PM
Pacitalia
The best place on earth.
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Sep 13 2006, 10:51 PM

MD 7 RP CUTOFF
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 13 2006, 11:21 PM
PMEmail Poster

BazaB's Eliminated; BFSA revamping BazaB's

In the largest shock for Bazalonian Soccer, the BazaB's have failed to qualify Winning only one match and drawing one match, and the latest match against the Dorian and Sonyan team and totally dominated them. Scoring 5 goals and only conceeding 1.

Paul Kanga, who is still injured but respected to make a perfect recovery, has been watching the matches from his unique position inside the locker room. Paul the BazaB's goal keeper until he sustained a serious injury made a few comments about the recent performance of the BazaB's.

"I don't know what these guys where thinking with 2-all draw against Aurendia and the Loss to Neu Amerika it was totally unexpected result. And pretty much the BazaB's played totally and uterlly shocking. The on-field incident that gave me this injury just caused too many ruffled feathers allowing teams that we should have easily dominated to dominate us. Well, and then there's the D&S team. What other thing to say apart from they sucked worse than us? Well. It seemed the team managed to pull themselves together in time for a match of pride. Well, If D&S won they would most likely would have just scraped through into Qualifying."

Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (9) « First ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... Last »

[ Script Execution time: 0.0235 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->