Start new topic
Expansion In A Time Of Crisis
Posted: Jan 20 2005, 03:52 PM
PMEmail Poster

Fellow Members of Atlantian Oceania:

I write to you with a request for further expansion. As a majority of Legalese remains under an uninhabitable dark cloud, the city of Francis Town needs somewhere to help set up alternate living spaces for displaced Legalites. Therefore, we propose settling parts of the area north of Starbladyia. As part of the offer, Legalese will withdraw any claim on the remaining land occupying said space, allowing the possibility of a new settlement, or even Starbladyian expansion.

The proposed redrawing of the map would appear as follows:

user posted image

The red indicates the area Legalese would like to settle. The purple will be land which Legalese will give up any future claims to.

I await your response, and am ready to answer any questions or concerns. Thank you for your consideration.

Yours,

Edward Francis

Mayor of Francis Town, Legalese
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Jan 20 2005, 03:59 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

The Vilitan office of Geography and Fossil Discovery requests a detailed report from the Legalesean authority as to the reasons requiring the urgency of this expansion (again, detail, like some of the examples). Also, with the proposed border now touching Starblaydian territory and not neutral land, what steps will be made to interact with the starblaydian government in border patrol & crossings, trafficking and other major border issues.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 20 2005, 09:03 PM
PMEmail Poster

To: Vilitian Office of Geography and Fossil Discovery
CC: All nations of Atlantian Oceania
From: The Office of the City of Francis Town, Legalese, and the Legalese Northern Settlement Team (LNST)

Subject: The Necessity of Expansion into land north of Legalese

For the last two years, the Disordered Judicial State of Legalese has been struck by a freak phenomenon, thought to be meterological. During that time, nearly the entire nation of Legalese has been covered in storm clouds and fog, thwarting attempts to rescue those inside. This disaster has likely claimed the lives of millions of Legalites, who have not emerged from the areas of Legalese still in crisis. Unfortunately, this area, shown on the map below in a grayish-mass, has included nearly all of Legalese:

user posted image

The City of Francis Town, currently the only area of Legalese still in operation, suffered from parts of this storm mass for a week, experiencing hurricane-like conditions. Now that the rebuilding process has been settled, the growing city is running out of space for its citizens. As the areas currently occupied by the storm are clearly not the place to send people (it is rumored that only one person has survived such incidents), Moving north is the best option that we have, hence the creation of the LNST.

To answer your concerns regarding Starblaydia: we have been in contact with the foriegn ministry of Starblaydia, and are working on establishing border checkpoints at the northern borders. For the moment, we are not overly concerned with a small presence of Starblaydian citizens entering the settlment areas, provided they agree to abide by the Codes of Legalese, and will work to ensure their equality with all Legalites in the eyes of our law.

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Jan 21 2005, 07:45 AM

The Dwarves of Starblaydia had long watched the dark clouds, far to their South, from their mountain hideaway. On top of the tallest peak in the Riegas Mountain range, a hidden Dwarven Observation Station was, for once, not looking at the stars or the storm clouds, but the land. As far to the South East as they could see, things were happening in the open spaces between Starblaydia and weather-struck Legalese.

"I think they had a big party and forgot to clean up," said the first Dwarf, younger than the others.

"More likely a Weather-Control experiment, Hurin," said the one using the super-hi binoculars, "then they had the party, and forgot to tend to it."

"A simple overload, and bingo" a third scientist said, "instant Mordorfication."

That silenced all of them. Mentioning the name of somewhere so evil, it was only hinted at in their drinking songs, was not a good step. Grungi, the lead Dwarf, made the sign of the Anvil across his chest to ward off any evil spirits.

"Look!" Grungi proclaimed, though being the only one holding the super-hi binoculars, he was the only one who could see anything, "There are humans crossing the Gap, over in the South East!"

He looked a bit closer. Smoke and the heat haze from the City of Achaeos somewhat infringed on his view, but he could defintely see humans, in their vehicles, crossing their Legalese boundaries and heading for Starblaydi territory.

"An invasion?" asked Hurin.

"Don't be such a wazzock, young'un," Grungi said, "there's not enough of them. And besides, for all their innate fragility, these Starblaydis are rather powerful."

Closer and more intenstely Grungi stared at the trucks, kicking up dust and dirt behind them. They weren't crossing the river though, yet. The River Valinci, which started as a trickle in the Riegas Mountains, then began to flow down, marking the border between Riegas Province and the Veles Province. Around it curved, past the Southern City of Achaeos, where it left Starblaydia's territory and took a long, direct route towards Legalite land. Presumably it also formed a provincial boundary in Legalese too, but the Dwarves couldn't tell.

"See if there's anything in the telegrams about it, Hurin," Grungi asked, "Hurin?"

"One sec," said the young dwarf.

"Hurin!" Grungi shouted in despair. "Stop pointing our telescope at Legalese! That's for observing the galaxy!"

"Ah, whatever," Hurin said dismissively as an Alien spacecraft flew past the Earth and a Star way off in the blackness of space went Supernova, "what are we conceiveably going to miss while I'm checking out these vehicles?"

Grungi muttered something to himself and looked through the waist-high pile of papers that constituted 'official telegrams' to Atlantian Oceania nations. Waist-high to a Dwarf, that is, just above knee-height to anyone reading this. After a few moments of rummaging, he pulled out a letter and began reaading aloud.

"'As the areas currently occupied by the storm are clearly not the place to send people', blah-blah-blah, 'Moving north is the best option that we have, hence the creation of the Legalese Northern Settlement Team.' So that's what they're doing."

"Settling the Gap?" Tazbarridin exclaimed, his first words since mentioning Mordor, "But that's what we've been wanting to do."

"Calm down, Taz," Grungi said, "they're not settling the entire area, just the bit east of the Valinci..."

The Dwarves all had exactly the same idea. Even under the spacious Riegas Mountain range, Karak D'Ragh could barely expand any more. Tunnels in the newest areas were collapsing, as there was so little structural capacity left in the mountains. Riegas was essentially a hollow mountain range. The Dwarves had even begun to settle in small shacks on the surface, half-dug into the ground, forming shanty-towns in the harsh environment. To the south and beyond their borders they had long seen a range of hills that they could use to their advantage.

"I'll go to the King with this." Grungi said.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Jan 21 2005, 12:34 PM
PMEmail Poster

"What do you have for me, Bill?" said Edward Francis to his aide. Bill had been present at the "Town Hall Meeting" regarding the settlement of the north.

"I have wonderful news, Mr. Mayor." said Bill. "The public seems to be sold on the idea! Even the town complainer didn't make much of a noise about it, just saying something about 'Letting those damn dwarves settle the rest of the area', but we've already decided that's not a big deal."

"That's just great. Thank you Bill. What other comments came up?"

"Well, citizens were excited about having a new port to visit on the Nemyan Strait. They're even trying to give it a name. They'd like to call it the Port of Numalia, which of course would be the city name."

"Numalia? I like the sound of that!" Edward broke out into a grin. The creases in his face showed Bill the stress that the Great Storm has brought on him, trying to reorganize national matters, and coordinate this new settlement plan.

Edward's thoughts were broken by a knock on the door. "Come in" was his reply to the door.

"Sir, there's a call from the NST's entrance squad, on line 1" said Edward's secretary.

"Thank you, Eliza." Ed picked up the phone. "Yes?"

"Sir, Maj. Robertson reporting. All is clear up north. I repeat, all is clear. We have had no problems entering the space, and are presently setting camp. We hope to reach the port-side location sometime tomorrow, and begin preliminary tests for safe settlement."

"Good work, Major. When you get there, you can call the port Numalia."

"Thank you sir. Good day."
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Jan 23 2005, 11:41 PM
PMEmail Poster

Major Kit Robinson, LNST, arose early on the Nemyan coast. His camp at Numalia was already showing signs of activity, as the night watch team was preparing for the morning shift change. The Major thought about the many things that needed to be done in Numalia, before the start of full settlement by the over-crowded Legalites. First, there was the establishment of legal control, which was the department of Francis Town officials, working on the nation's behalf. Then there was the propaganda campaign, already in the working stages. Reports included hundreds of interested land owners, seeking places on the waterfront, as well as in the soon to be growing city of Numalia. Of course, all Kit, a former swimming champion at Sagdineo High School, wanted to do was get out for the morning swim.

However, this morning's swim would have to wait. "Sir! I need you to take a look at this!" came the shout from the watchtower. Robinson marched over, taking the binoculars from the night watchman. "Where should I be looking?"

"Right over there, Sir." The watchman pointed north, towards Starblaydian lands. "It appears as if there's movement in Starblaydian territory."

Maj. Robinson looked over, and saw the movements the watchman was referring to. "Relax, son. They're far away. Don't you see how small they are in the view? Besides, the Starbladyians already know that if they want to settle this area, they can claim all they want west of that river there, the one they call the Valinci."

"What if they come into this section? There appear to be a large number of them."

"Well, if they do, they're free to join us, provided they abide by Legalese Codes. Should they not be so agreeable, which would be very surprising", Robinson admitted, gesturing to the small munitions supply convoy, "we'll have to do what we can to protect ourselves. I'd hate for it to come to that, however."
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Feb 1 2005, 05:44 AM

"We wish to begin plans to build a new Dwarven city in the hilly region directly to our south, west of the Legalesish expansion," King Galhim Khazum-kharad proclaimed to the Lord Protector's Council, "following this, we also wish for access to the Bekk."

"The Bekk?" Minister of Defence Lord Carlito Orfosi exclaimed, "I didn't know Dwarves could swim."

"Be quiet, Carlito," the Lord Protector said, "elaborate if you would, King Galhim."

"Certainly," the Lord High Dwarf pressed a small button and the displays around the table lit up, "In addition to our new city, we would like to build a new port and naval yard facility on the Bekk, where we can construct an all-Dwaven navy to keep the Bekk safe. Thereby freeing up thousands of human personell to protect Starblaydia's interests around the Region, Lord Orfosi."

The Minister of Defence frowned again at the suggestion of a Dwarven navy.

"King Galhim," Lord Protector Starblayde began again, "have you selected a site for this facility?"

"Yes, my Lord," the Dwarf replied, pointing to a spot on the map, "right here, in the south-east corner of the Bekk, just south of Basia's - and Starblaydia's - most southern tip."

"Lord Jiminez," Starblayde said with a smile, "can you tell us the site of one of the new cities scheduled for construction when we expand south towards Legalese?"

"Certainly, my Lord," the Domestic Minister spoke for the first time, "it would be in the south-east corner of the Bekk, just south of Basia's - and Starblaydia's - most southern tip."

Everyone around the table chuckled. That area was perfect for a Naval Yard, nestled neatly in a group of rocks, with open plains toward the beach.

"King Galhim," the Lord Protector smiled, he was in 'procalamation mode' now, "you shall have your new city, and a naval facility on the Bekk. Lord Jiminez, your new city on the Bekk will be having a substantial Dwarven population. And, Lord Orfosi, the Starblaydi Navy will now have thousands more men to utilise across the world, as the noble Dwarves of Starblaydia will now be running operations on the Bekk. Draw up plans at once."
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Feb 1 2005, 03:23 PM
PMEmail Poster

Marcus Davies sat in the back of his car, headed towards the Franics Town City Hall/Regional Control Center. As current Consul of the Legalese Senate, Davies had a lot to do with the coordination of the reorganization of the Legalese government. With the Great Storm, a nearly dual-executive branch came up, with Francis Town City/Regional Employees running things from there, while Davies, a Senator from Bekknia, the region including Sagdineo, handled his elected duties as chief executive in Legalese City.

What was troubling Davies was reports he had heard about Starblaydian movement into the area north of Legalese. With no natural borders along the eastern portion of the land, how would Legalese prevent a Starblaydian invasion? Surely motions for continuance would not be enough.

Davies entered the City Hall, heading straight for the office of Francis Town Mayor Edward Francis. "Edward," Davies said, "are you aware of the Starblaydian movement to the north?"

Edward frowned. Nobody had told Marcus yet? "Why Marcus, of course I am. haven't you heard of our plans up north too?"

"What do you mean, Edward?"

"Well, when we thought the rest of the nation was lost, I send an expedition team up north, to explore the area east of the North River. You know, the ones the Starblaydians call the Valinci, which we should call it to. It's such a wonderful n-"

Marcus stopped him. "We'll discuss the name later. What is this exploration team doing, and why haven't I been told about it?"

Edward pulled down the map behind his desk, Indicating the red-shaded area east of the Valinci. "We are proposing this area be used as a colony and self-governing region of Legalese. Teams have already reached the point, and have established the main port, which we will call Numalia. Supply ships from Francis Town are already moving additional materials and people to the area. When we're done there, I propose we encourage the building of another city, on the Valin- I mean, North River. You know, Valinci really sounds so much bett-"

"Edward, get back to the point!" shouted Marcus. "I'm a busy man here, and I don't have time for your silly re-naming of the river. Now, where do you propose?"

"The city should go on the river. This will give an easily accessible point, as the river stretches out to Bekk Lake."

Marcus thought for a moment. Two new Legalese cities? Then he said, "Edward, I like the sound of this."

"How about the sound of the Valinci?"

"Relax, we can make that change too. Will you come brief the Senate on things? You know, since Francis Town doesn't have any members on it, you should come represent your region."

Edward smiled. This meeting was going better than he expected. "Marcus, it'd be a pleasure. I will see you in Legalese City next week."
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0188 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->