Start new topic
Refugees Enter the Land
Posted: Apr 13 2005, 07:47 PM
PMEmail Poster

The La Nina was bad that year. So bad that it dramatically changed the climate of the Silver Marches, a region close to the artic circle, but had always benefited from the warm currents that circled the area.

Unfrotunately the La Nina changed those currents, and they no longer gave warmth to the western regions, known as "The Eagles Nest." The Nest was home to many species of birds, hence where the country got its name. But the climate was changing. Getting colder. Within 5 years, the northern reaches were obviously being claimed into the rest of the small land mass. Mostly tundra. The people of the Nest realized this, and sadly began to seek warmer waters, and a new land that would support the over 2 billion population that the Nest had.

The engineers were marvelous in the creation of the expedition navy. Ships designed to be taken apart and used to build the cities of whatever land they found that was unclaimed. Cities vanished as the metal was aken apart and used to build the ships. The Nest learned how to grow food in harsh conditions, and perfected hydroponics. Information became the key item that kept the economy alive as more land fell to the encroaching tundra. People, animals, livestock, and many of the precious birds were taken into the ships. Others were filled wth the technology of the time, raw materials, and anything that could be taken from the land would be taken to the new Nest.

15 years after the decision to leave, the expedition set off. The ships set off in search of free land. Stray radio signals picked up from a chain of islands seemed to hold promise, as talk of a large unclaimed area on a southwest continent seemed the right size. And so, the navy headed towards Atlantian Oceania.

After 2 months, with 219 ships lost in rough weather, the remaining navy entered the waters around Atlantian Oceania. Immediately, radio signals began to broadcast that they were not an invasion fleet, but refugees looking to settle and reclaim their lost way of life. They requested a confirmation that the land (between Lamoni and the Holy Saints) was indeed unclaimed as to not step on any toes. The navy anchored off the coast of the uninhabited land, waiting for a reply.
The Eagles Nest
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 14 2005, 04:26 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

A Starblaydi patrol force, flying the grey flag of AORDO, sails off the port bow of the lead Eagles Nest ship. A series of communication flags are raised from the lead Cruiser, Sidon.

"Welcome to Atlantian Oceania. We hope you enjoy your stay."

This post has been edited by Starblaydia on Apr 14 2005, 04:27 AM
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Apr 14 2005, 08:27 AM

The Starblaydian AORDO-Ship also has a few standard presentation factbooks on Latao, which they hopefully hand out to the leaders of the new arrived nation to introduce the country and its culture so they see how cool neighbors they have :-)

The Confederacy of Latao Factbook
--> http://ns.goobergunch.net/wiki/index.php/Latao
Latao
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 14 2005, 10:47 AM
PMEmail Poster

"Hey, Marcia," said Consul Davies, "did you send that tube to Tiberius? I hope he got the message to The Eagles Nest settlers."

"Sir, I don't have a tube. You have to send it."

Marcus looked at the tube opening in realization, and swore. The office was silent for a few moments, as he thought up how to send the message.

Finally, the idea hit him: "Marcia, call the pigeon guy. I have something for him."

Moments later, the head of Fly by Day (or Night) Pigeon Services entered Marcus's office. "How can I help you, Consul?"

"Do you think one of your pigeons can find The Eagles Nest?"

"Oh, of course! Have the message for them?"

Marcus reached over to grab it, revealing the contents:

People of The Eagles Nest,

The Judicial Republic of Legalese welcomes you to our fair region.  If you need any help settling in, let us know.  Any diplomatic contacts upon settlement are welcome.

Yours,

Marcus Davies
Consul
Legalese Senate

Marcus then handed the message to the pigeon trainer, who tied it to his bird, then walked towards the window. He whispered something undetectable in the pigeon's ear, and let it loose, flying into the Legalese air.
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Apr 14 2005, 04:28 PM

Watching the ships from The Eagles Nest on Lamonian satellites, President Stone had one of the operators of a naval radio satellite send a message to The Eagles Nest's ships:

CODE
To: The Eagles Nest

Welcome to the region of Atlantian Oceania.  We hope that you would decide to stay here, and have a mutually beneficial relationship with the rest of the region.  We will allow your nation to have an embassy in our fine nation.

--ends--
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 14 2005, 08:39 PM
PMEmail Poster

President Garric Ashallond was on the flagship as the Starblaydian ships came by.

"Starbladyian, sir."

"Ah, I see. I believe that we had a relationship with them on the pitch did we not?"

"Yes sir. Sir, if I may ask.."

"Ineptness, Ensign. The WCC couldn't settle anything despite decent attempts to get them to. So maybe when they figure things out without trying to ignore common sense, maybe."

"yes sir."

"Send back a message, that we appreciate the welcome."

"Sir" *turns to deliver the orders*

President Ashallond turns to the pile of items on the table, the first he picks up is a tourist pamphet on Latao, a country that would be across the inland sea they were starting to unload their ships off of. Politics later. His people's survival and return to a way of life was first.

Next he looked at the letter that came with the pigeon from Legalese, another known country from the World Cup. He quickly scribbled a letter, attached it to the pigeon and opened a window and set it free.

To: Marcus Davies, Consul

We appreciate the offer, but we were able to bring all we need. Once our country is stable again, we will reach out to the nearby countries.

Garric Ashallond,
President, The Eagle's Nest

Finally, President Ashallond read the hard copy of the radio transmission from Lamoni. Lamoni, a country that President Ashallond ha not heard of before, but as he reviewed a map of the area supplied by Starblaydia, he realized that they would be neighbors. Securing diplomatic relations and a safe western boarder would be a priority, but his people came first. He looked out the window as the first 10 supply ships were being beached to be unloaded and torn apart to create their new life. He sighed at the enormous job ahead of him, but then re-read the transmission. He scribbled down a reply and handed it to a radio officer to send.

To: The Free Republic of Lamoni

We appreciate the welcome, and when time and resources are available, we will entreat to create a safe and peaceful border. However, at this time we have more pressing matters, that of recreating a safe environment for my people. We will be in contact when we are able to.

-End Transmission-

President Ashallond watched as 6 patrol ships began to patrol the area around the expedition as their defense craft began to form a defense perimeter around the waiting ships. It was possible that not all countries here would be as friendly as the ones who have contacted him. His people came first. How long before he would be able to become part of the international community. He sighed again and then moved to the window on the bridge to watch the first wave of new settlers to land on the new land.
The Eagles Nest
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 15 2005, 04:49 PM
PMEmail Poster

Bedistani president Dean Willis found the time to send this letter:

From:  Dean C. Willis, President, Grand Dominion of Bedistan
To:  Garric Ashallond, President, Democratic Republic of the Eagle's Nest

Mr. President:

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to Atlantian Oceania.  As the leader of a nation new to the region itself, we hope that we can both help each other adjust to our new lives here.  We are, of course, familiar with your nation, and while some of our citizens are still a little sore over World Cup 18, the vast majority certainly share the same sentiment I have expressed.  I urge you to feel free to contact me or my staff whenever you might have need of us.

Sincerely,
Dean C. Willis
President
Grand Dominion of Bedistan
dwillis@exec.gov.bd
Bedistan
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0184 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->