Start new topic
Alliance
Posted: Mar 17 2005, 12:55 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

QUOTE (Holy Saints @ Mar 16 2005, 06:38 PM)
QUOTE (Falcania @ Mar 16 2005, 05:07 PM)
The bodyguard returned with an orange-and-blue striped bucket with "FFF" imposed on the side. "Ah! Lunchtime!" said King Falcon II before tucking into the fried falcon.

(ooc: uh.... exactly how fat is your leader?)

He isn't that fat, as he does regular exercise three times a day to a military routine, which fits, as he was in the army for twelve years before his succession due to his father's assassination. He does enjoy fast-food though.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 17 2005, 10:33 AM

Latao's Federal President is kinda tall, 1.86 @ 74kg
He always makes a good picture in medias ;-)
Latao
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 17 2005, 11:31 AM

Well, more important than the booty-size is that we quickly make up a framework of rules now - articles that all participating nations can live with

Said Government-Speaker Bühlmann today.

We expect a democratic alliance that allows the member nations to keep their individuel freedoms to decide over national matters he conitnued.
Latao
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 17 2005, 05:06 PM

(OOC: Does someone want to create some proposed 'framework' (write an alliance charter), or will I do that?)
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Mar 18 2005, 03:16 AM

Latao will submit a proposal.
Latao
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 18 2005, 04:08 PM

QUOTE (Latao @ Mar 18 2005, 03:16 AM)
Latao will submit a proposal.

Thanks
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Mar 18 2005, 04:28 PM
PMEmail Poster

In a small room within a large building, sheltered by a pressurized dome four kilometers beneath the ocean surface of Atlantean Oceania, two individuals in business suits pored over a cryptic message. The man, after peering at the message briefly, spooke first. "From Lamoni, you say?"

"Yes, sir," the woman replied. "Former UN Delegate, recently involved in a war with Novvs Atlantis. Democratic, with generally centrist policies aside from stratospherically high taxes. Economically weak per capita, but a force to be reckoned with at nearly 5 billion in population. Other than that, we know very little about them."

"I see. And do they give any further details regarding this proposed alliance?"

"Only what you see here." The woman paused. "There is one other thing. According to covert intelligence reports, envoys from other nations had been arriving at the proposed site for days preceding our receipt of the message. It would seem that we are part of a second round of invitations."

The man chuckled. "Indeed. Well, Neo Atlantis Colony has long kept itself away from the forefront of regional politics, by choice. We have had little to gain by making ourselves prominent and vulnerable. Still, I wonder if that might be changing."

He came to a decision. "All right. Get my helisub ready. We're going on a trip. And get Charlie too -- I have a hunch that this alliance involves more than just trade concessions."

(OOC: This work, Lamoni?)
Neo Atlantis Colony
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 18 2005, 05:16 PM

QUOTE (Neo Atlantis Colony @ Mar 18 2005, 04:28 PM)
In a small room within a large building, sheltered by a pressurized dome four kilometers beneath the ocean surface of Atlantean Oceania, two individuals in business suits pored over a cryptic message. The man, after peering at the message briefly, spooke first. "From Lamoni, you say?"

"Yes, sir," the woman replied. "Former UN Delegate, recently involved in a war with Novvs Atlantis. Democratic, with generally centrist policies aside from stratospherically high taxes. Economically weak per capita, but a force to be reckoned with at nearly 5 billion in population. Other than that, we know very little about them."

"I see. And do they give any further details regarding this proposed alliance?"

"Only what you see here." The woman paused. "There is one other thing. According to covert intelligence reports, envoys from other nations had been arriving at the proposed site for days preceding our receipt of the message. It would seem that we are part of a second round of invitations."

The man chuckled. "Indeed. Well, Neo Atlantis Colony has long kept itself away from the forefront of regional politics, by choice. We have had little to gain by making ourselves prominent and vulnerable. Still, I wonder if that might be changing."

He came to a decision. "All right. Get my helisub ready. We're going on a trip. And get Charlie too -- I have a hunch that this alliance involves more than just trade concessions."

(OOC: This work, Lamoni?)

OOC: Yes, that works.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Mar 21 2005, 09:03 PM
PMEmail Poster

A strangely shaped helicopter was visible in the skies above the mountain retreat. As it got closer, observers could see that it was cigar-shaped, with long and thin rotor blades. A pair of mid-sized side rotors was located at each end of the craft, keeping it from losing balance.

After a long approach, the craft finally touched down on the retreat's marked landing pad. The rotors retracted into their tubes, which were pulled into the vehicle. Finally, a pressurized door opened with a hiss, revealing a tiny cabin, which three figures in business suits exited.

The first, a rather portly man, held out his hand for the welcoming party, and spoke. "Charles Benedict, NACS Secretary of Defense."

The second, a thin woman, held her hand out likewise. "Caryn Cayzenne, Neo Atlantis Colony's Secretary of State."

The last to emerge stood next to the others, slightly in back. He smiled and also proffered his hand. "Adam Gieseler, Secretary General of the Neo Atlantis Colony Secretariat. Pleased to be here."
Neo Atlantis Colony
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 24 2005, 06:16 PM

(OOC: Unless Latao posts his proposal tomorrow, i'm going to post one of my own then. Haven't been able to do it earlier due to hectic RL.)

Greeting the delegation from Neo Atlantis Colony, President Stone was wondering if they'd have to get a bigger table in order to fit all of the delegations. Luckily though, the NAC delegation managed to find a place to seat themselves without much trouble.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Mar 25 2005, 09:44 PM

Since Latao had not as yet presented a proposal for an alliance charter, President Stone had been having Lamonian Foreign Ministry officials draft one. He presented the Lamonian proposal to the members of the alliance:

CODE
[B][I]Official (proposed) charter of the alliance[/I][/B]

[B]Article 1[/B]

The name of the aforementioned alliance will hereby be known as the Atlantian Oceania Treaty Organization (AOTO).

[B]Article 2[/B]

All member nations must come to the defense of an attacked member nation.  However, the member nations may themselves decide how they wish to support their attacked ally.

[B]Article 3[/B]

All AOTO member nations have the right to conduct their internal affairs as they wish, unless the member nation itself requests AOTO assistance.

[B]Article 4[/B]

AOTO member nations shall engage in free trade with each other, as long as their economy is not adversely affected by such trade.

[B]Article 5[/B]

AOTO will be controled by a council of representitives from all AOTO member nations.  The AOTO headquarters shall be placed in the neutral AO nation of former Wapahkoneta, where the AO regional council is currently based.

[B]Article 6[/B]

The AOTO Council shall be ruled by an elected Council President.  This individual shall serve a four (IC year) term, with a limit of two such terms.  To run for the position, a candidate must be a citizen of an AOTO member nation, must be above the age of thirty five, and have experience running large organizations.

[B]Article 7[/B]

After the initial member nations of AOTO have approved this charter by majority vote, all nations seeking to join AOTO must be approved by majority vote of AOTO Council Members.

[B]Article 8[/B]

AOTO member nations are prohibited from violating the charter, and can be expelled from AOTO by 2/3rds vote for doing so.  Amendments to this charter must be passed by a 2/3rds vote of AOTO Council Members.

After letting the others assembled have a chance to read the proposed charter, President Stone asked, "Are there any questions or comments on the proposed charter?"
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Mar 25 2005, 09:55 PM

"I suggest that the respective rulers of the AOTO member nations should attend the council, not an elected representative," Said King Falcon II. "And can't we think of a better name than AOTO?"
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 26 2005, 04:07 AM
PMEmail Poster

Consul Davies stands up. "I like the charter in its current form, though we do need some work on it. First, this name does need work. I propose the "Federation of Like-Minded States" instead."

"Second, while I agree that the nation's leader, with the authorization of his government, should sign the charter, I do think that it's unnecessary for us to require the leader of each nation to be present at all meetings. The reason for a delegate is to allow each nation a chance to constantly be in a group with each other, so that things can get done quickly. I don't know about you, King Falcon, but I can't always get away immediately, so I have to trust things to guys like Williamson here. That said, I do support periodic meetings of the Heads of each member state, though I don't see that as mandatory."

"Third, regarding the requirement of providing assistance to member states. I agree that we should help each other in a time of need, hence the purpose of the alliance. However, I will state that with Legalese's current military, we will likely provide only financial and legal assistance."

"Lastly, I remember hearing that Krytenia had been invited to our meeting here. However, with the deplorable act they committed earlier, the kidnapping of a fellow head of state, I am hesitant to support their possible membership in the Alliance. I request that their invitation be revoked."
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Mar 26 2005, 08:32 PM

"It was the Lamonian Foreign Ministry that came up with the name, "AOTO..." President Stone began; "However, I would be agreeable to changing the name to the 'Federation of Like-minded States (FLS).' I agree with Legalese that delegates are needed at the alliance council in order to make sure that things get done more efficiently. Regarding Krytenia, the Free Republic would not like to see them join this alliance at the present time. Their actions would reflect poorly on the alliance if we allowed them to join at the present time. Is there anything else that needs to be worked on for an alliance charter?"
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Mar 26 2005, 08:38 PM
PMEmail Poster

"The new Altantians would be willing to accept the charter and alliance as is" Au'marui said calmly.
TheNewAtlantians
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (7) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last »

[ Script Execution time: 0.0203 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->