Start new topic
Abattoir's Platform
Posted: Feb 8 2005, 09:54 PM
PMEmail Poster

Ok, basically I have been here longer than the two other candidates. I know how Tachbe used to run the region, interestingly enough, and how past delegates have done things before being ejected for rule violations wink.gif.

It's pretty easy to post each resolution up for vote in the forum. It's also easy to let everyone in the region vote. Lamoni has done a fair job as delegate, but I'm just gettin tired of seeing his name up there honestly.

Something new we'd like to try, that we formulated with Xile in the last cancelled election, is to make the region much more active. This regional board has some great things about it that I think could be made better. Like Xile stated in his last campaign, I would like to get the Regional Council and the AORDO much more active in RP. I think it is also possible to weave in other parts of the forum into one another, and make an intricate system which could be fun and rewarding.

We are the best region for sports. I know this, and most of you are probably here just to play in the AOCAF. This is perfectly fine, but I want to make it where there are other things that us "non-footballers" can enjoy. The board relies on RP, and I think it is the delegates job to ensure the activity of our forums.

So...vote for me.
Abattoir
Pinprick of Apathy
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Feb 8 2005, 10:42 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Your activity has historically been in bundles of time on and time away, can you assure more consistency in your activity in the region?
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Feb 9 2005, 06:56 PM
PMEmail Poster

I am online for at least 5 hours on any particular day. I have nothing coming up for the next couple of months that would hinder my ability to serve as the Atlantian Oceania delegate.
Abattoir
Pinprick of Apathy
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Feb 10 2005, 10:34 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

As regional founder, before the sports, my interest is the overall activity of the region. Interest in non-sporting areas has declined somewhat.

What, if anything, would you be able to do to

a) increase interest in non-sports RP from current members

cool.gif recruit non-sport nations to the region (assuming they have a realistic name and decent flag)
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Feb 11 2005, 12:20 PM
PMEmail Poster

It's been known that I have a tendancy to "liven up" things in regional RP events when interest seems to be declining. I will undoubtedly post some interesting RP's in which everyone can participate. Eventually I would like to go out recruiting of non-sport playing nations, after I have the oppurtunity to show that our region is very active in RP. After Tachbe and Soul Expression left, we lost a lot of our RP activity, and I would like to change this.

The main thing I can do is post a lot of topics to be played upon. It is going require some activity from members of the region, but it won't be hard to do. However Vilita, I would request that you could remove some of the inactive topics in Regional Discussion, considering how it is so inactive.

I would really like to step up things with the AORDO. When I said that I wanted to get it started back up it was in good intentions. With the regional council by its side, we have the foundation for a lot of great RP. It just requires someone to make something up. I would encourage that other nations take some initiative and post, but if I have to start everything up, that's fine. I just want the region to become entertaining for everyone.

This post has been edited by Abattoir on Feb 11 2005, 12:21 PM
Abattoir
Pinprick of Apathy
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Feb 16 2005, 09:48 AM
PMEmail Poster

If Abattoir is to be elected to represent the AO Delegacy, an election will commence. Right now the favorite candidate is Austin Herring, former acting Prime Minister after Lavinsky's murder. He is the party's acting Commissioner, under President Tariskany.

Ultimately, the elections will simply let the President know of the people's wishes, as he will make any final decision.
Abattoir
Pinprick of Apathy
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0167 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->