yes [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
no [ 6 ]  [85.71%]
abstain [ 1 ]  [14.29%]
Total Votes: 7
Guests cannot vote 
Posted on Nov 26 2004, 04:29 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Stem Cell Research Funding
A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Human Rights
Strength: Strong
Proposed by: Nykibo

Description: The use of Stem Cells is an amazing new breakthrough in the fields of science and medicine. Scientists know that these cells, harvested from human embryos, could eradicate many diseases, including Cancer, Type 1 Diabetes, Parkinson's, and Alzheimer's. But while the list of diseases that Stem Cells could cure gets longer and longer, the amount of what little funding is present continues to dwindle. I admit, some people do insist that harvesting something from a human as if it was an experiment is immoral, but allowing millions of people to die each day is much worse. This is the best chance we have at beating these diseases. The one thing standing in the way of this is funding. Stem Cell Research is very costly, and without proper funding, this plane will never take off the ground. In this proposal, I ask that funding be provided to the scientists of all UN member nations, if they so desire to research Stem Cells and their benefits. I urge my fellow UN members to stand up to these diseases, and fund Stem Cell Research.

Votes For: 3,212

Votes Against: 678

Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted on Nov 26 2004, 04:32 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This resolution is improperly written. It is more the opinion of one nation than an actual piece of legislation.

I agree with the need to fund this research (I can practically hear the screams and moans from nations that don't agree with me), but this is not the way to do it.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted on Nov 26 2004, 04:35 PM
PMEmail Poster

Lamoni's observation hits the nail on the head here. Legalese also votes NO
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted on Nov 26 2004, 07:48 PM
PMEmail Poster

I especially like the category: "to improve human rights".

Oh, the irony.

Aquiliana votes NO on this resolution.
Aquiliana
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted on Nov 27 2004, 08:14 AM

That's it, I can't take it any more. No more UN for me, Benjamin Mackey needs a new job.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted on Nov 29 2004, 12:48 PM
PMEmail Poster

WHAT IN THE -explicitive removed- IS THIS!!!! DEAR GOD SEND ALL THESE MORONS TO HELL.. You should be issued an IQ test before being allowed to play this game. I wish we had war on this stupid thing, I'd blow the authors of stupid -explicitive removed- like this straight to hell. That's a no vote by the way.
Abattoir
Pinprick of Apathy
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted on Nov 29 2004, 06:36 PM

Delegate votes no as per regional opinion.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0144 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->