Start new topic
Euthanasia
Posted: Nov 24 2004, 12:13 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

As you might or might not be aware, during my delegacy in the region of B5Tech (before I joined AO), one of my pet projects was to attempt to close the loopholes of the "Legalize Euthanasia" resolution. This is a poorly written resolution, and has many loopholes.

Here is what I have come up with so far (don't hestitate to jump in with any suggestions, comments, or questions that you might have):

- - - - - - - - - -

Euthanasia shall be legal in the members of the United Nations as long as the following conditions are met:

1. The patient who is requesting Euthanasia submits either a written request, or an audiotape (if unable to write due to medical condition) in the presence of both a doctor and a lawyer who will both attest that the statement was not made under duress or coercion, and is the actual request of the patient.

2. Two doctors must visit with the patient, confirm that the patient has a terminal disease, and that the patient wishes to end their life of their own free will.

3. The patient must have the option of changing their mind at any time until the drugs used for the purpose have been administered.

The local government in question shall have the right to make their views on Euthanasia known, but cannot interfere with the procedure itself. If the doctor(s) in question do not follow the steps outlined herein, the doctor(s) may be arrested and tried according to the laws of the local government.

Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Nov 25 2004, 11:52 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Lamoni @ Nov 24 2004, 12:13 AM)
The local government in question shall have the right to make their views on Euthanasia known, but cannot interfere with the procedure itself.  If the doctor(s) in question do not follow the steps outlined herein, the doctor(s) may be arrested and tried according to the laws of the local government.

I like the proposed resolution except for that last part. IMO, there should be designated doctors or doctors certified to perform euthanasias instead of every doctor having to be able to perform them. As the proposal reads (or at least how I read it), it would be like getting your family pratician arrested because he wouldn't give you a boob job. Just my two cents. tongue.gif
Big Pimento
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Nov 26 2004, 04:24 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Good suggestions like that one are why I put this before the region. Thanks, Big Pimento.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0109 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->