Start new topic
Winds of Change in the region(semiclosed)
Posted: Jun 15 2006, 06:07 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

"Then again, a name is really insignificant in light of what we came to accomplish," Serodini said. "We simply need to create the alliance first. The simple things like names can come later."
Pacitalia
The best place on earth.
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Jun 15 2006, 08:23 PM
PMEmail Poster

Elisar nodded. "By all means, let's sign the slani thing."

Casari: Aye Already!
Geisenfried:
Casari
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 15 2006, 09:45 PM
PMEmail Poster

Geisenfried: "Aye."

Hypocria:
Geisenfried
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 16 2006, 12:45 PM
PMEmail Poster

Getting out of his seat, Vyntra felt the eyes of the room turn on him. Apparently it was his turn to vote. Technically he shouldn’t commit the Autocracy to anything without the Autokrator giving his blessing to this alliance. But he was going to speak to the boss in a matter of minutes and he was almost certain Titus would support the new alliance so where was the problem? Besides, he didn’t want to be the one to slow matters down.

“Aye. And just for the record I prefer Coalition of Sovereign Nations.”

Manhattan Prime:

With that he followed Viastormin’s aide out to the Blue Room . . .
Hypocria
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Jun 16 2006, 03:03 PM
PMEmail Poster

Manhattan Prime: Aye

Milchama's been, so Pacitalia?

This post has been edited by Manhattan Prime on Jun 16 2006, 03:04 PM
Manhattan Prime
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Jun 16 2006, 10:17 PM

Pacitalia: Aye.

"And that's it, I suppose, for members?" Serodini said. "I believe Pacitalia's last alphabetically."
Pacitalia
The best place on earth.
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Jun 17 2006, 04:11 PM
PMEmail Poster

Alone in the Blue Room Vyntra took out his phone and dialled the number that only a select few knew.

“What is it?” The Autokrator sounded irritated.

“I think they’re ready to actually get this thing off the ground. Have you reached a decision?”

“It’s all gone to hell Andy. There really is only one thing we can do now . . .”

“I figured as much. I‘ll make the arrangements. I bet there’s quite the party for Tiberius over there.”

No reply

“Excellency?”

He heard an exchange of words. Vyntra stood transfixed in the centre of the Blur Room, desperately trying to make sense of a conversation taking place hundreds of miles to the south. A conversation that had suddenly become muffled. He heard the unmistakeable sounds of a struggle. And then nothing. The silence seemed to stretch for an eternity. And then the voice. A voice that in an instant burnt itself into his memory and would haunt his dreams more than once in the future.

"I regret to inform, whoever is listening, that Autokrator Titus Drax has just this moment passed away. It appears, that he had been keeping his illness secret from even his close friends for some time now. Such a shame that lies come back to haunt even the ones you love. And, rest assured, should any news of what happened here tonight - other than the public statement we release - emerge, then we will find you and we will kill you. We know where your children go to school, and we know your daily short-cut to work when the traffic is heavy. Do not -explicitive removed- with us."

There was a brief crunching sound and then silence reigned once more.

Several minutes later Vyntra returned to the meeting room having regained some modicum of his composure. But the colour was yet to fully return to his face and his right hand was clenched into a fist to stop it shaking. He tentatively refilled his glass with water as thoughts raced through his mind. Thoughts of his two daughters and the threat to them that would keep him silent.

He had never felt so helpless. But he couldn’t just do nothing. Vyntra hauled himself up out of the chair and took a sip of his drink, using the those few extra seconds to form the words in his head.

“We have all agreed that this alliance is necessary so lets make it official. Now is the time to put it in writing. The time to form our coalition and announce it to the world. And to let the warmongers around the region know that a new power is rising. Agreed?”
Hypocria
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Jun 17 2006, 05:02 PM
PMEmail Poster

"Let's do it!"

"We all said yes to the military movements. We need to put somebody in charge of that, I think Geisenfried will work as they suggested the idea and now we need two people to be in charge of actually writing the charter/treaty/whatever. How about Pacitialia and ASMV as they were the ones who really started the idea."

"If anybody is against this speak now"
Milchama
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 18 2006, 11:39 AM
PMEmail Poster

OOC - still having computer issues to put it lightly - thus the reason for the next post

IC -
Viastormin looked around the room.

"At this time, I am not comfortable with handling the details of the alliance. It is enough for me to have brought everyone together here to make this happen. Perhaps Casari, Milchama, or Bedistan would be better suited to handling the writing of the articles with Pacitalia. I will leave that up to you to decide.

As for Geisenfried leading the joint-military exercises, I am fine with that as well. We just need to settle on the actual scope of the opperations and get everything organized so that we can begin them."
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
The Dragon's Herald
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 18 2006, 11:03 PM
PMEmail Poster

"I must decline the responsibility of coordinating the joint military operations... I don't think me or my piers would be able to do anything quickly with that, we're busy enough coordinating our own operations against Atheistic Right. So, would someone else like to take the job?"

OOC: The real reason I say this is that I leave for a week and a half tommorrow. If you'd like this done before the end of the month, then I suggest someone else do it.
Geisenfried
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 20 2006, 11:03 PM
PMEmail Poster

OOC - I cant count on my comp to work long enough to do anything major right now. sorry. And Geisenfried is going MIA for a while. So that leaves us with two issues to resolve.
1. Who will write the Articles of our Alliance? 2. Who will coordinate the miliatry exercises?

We need to find some answers for these two things. We can wait on Geisenfried for the operations if that is the majority decision (and it is fine with me). But the alliance document really needs to be written very soon so that we can move forward.
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
The Dragon's Herald
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 21 2006, 07:32 AM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: I'd be happy to write the Articles, but I'm not very experienced at NS, so I could use an experienced player to help me, or make suggestions. Pacitalia, maybe we could run ideas past each other on MSN or something?
Manhattan Prime
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Jun 22 2006, 03:15 PM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: I have a very basic draft ready for review/amendment. Mainly paraphrased from the thread, but it's good to have all our principles in one place.

Major Points:

We are first and foremost a Pro-Stability alliance. We consider it vital that the balance of power within the region be kept - We are therefore committed to the stability of the AO region.

The entire alliance will only move in a war of direct defense.

Individual nations within the alliance have the freedom to get involved in conflicts where they feel their national security is threatened. - Geisenfried clause about AR

While we should be prepared at any moment, but should never be the first to strike. Any strike we would make should be considered a last resort after diplomatic ends have met with very little or no success. Diplomacy should be given every chance to work first.

We must be ready to do what is required to preserve peace. Once force has been called out, we should be watching for the point when diplomacy can resume. We simply wish to preserve our peace and protect our interests.

The alliance will have no single headquarters, but will have offices in the capital in every member state. We believe that no one nation is more important that the alliance.

However, to quickly relay concerns and provide centralized leadership we will elect amongst ourselves a 'central' office – this will be rotate every so often, so nations take it in turns to have the 'Presidency'.

We are committed to the fostering of trade, by a strengthening of trade relations, and lowering of tariffs and import taxes.

We must take an active role in keeping the peace in Atlantian Oceania, to send the other two alliances a message - AO was stable until the two sides deliberately began provoking each other. We must send that message that such actions are unacceptable.

We aim to counterweight the recent growth in power of the SDL and SAAS. We feel neither is morally superior to the other, but merely use different agendas to justify their actions.
Manhattan Prime
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Jun 22 2006, 04:48 PM

OOC: I'll run some revisions by you on MSN later tonight / tomorrow, okay, MP?
Pacitalia
The best place on earth.
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Jun 22 2006, 04:57 PM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: Sure
Manhattan Prime
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

MSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic