Start new topic
Regional Map 2.0
Posted: May 10 2005, 03:01 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Yes, but not until we get a permanent flag for you, which is good however, it gives you more time to RP. The more participant you are, the more likely to get a generous plot of land tongue.gif
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: May 10 2005, 04:26 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Vilita @ May 10 2005, 03:01 PM)
Yes, but not until we get a permanent flag for you, which is good however, it gives you more time to RP. The more participant you are, the more likely to get a generous plot of land tongue.gif

I some point i will find i flag i want to stick with. You know what they say, fifth time lucky.

Oh and when you say more time to RP do you mean in the form of a factbook?

(god, im such a newbie blink.gif )
Hypocria
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: May 10 2005, 04:31 PM

As long as you've got a realistic-looking flag which isn't a real-life one, you can keep changing it if you want to, its your nation smile.gif

And the RP is all sorts of RPs.... a factbook thread is most common, but you've started well with your diplomatic ties and your football manager threads. Post a little something about your nation and it's people and you'll get a nice spot of land, I'm sure.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: May 11 2005, 02:04 AM
PMEmail Poster

14 has already been requested

Ah OK then, maybe I can have 16, 15 or 10. It's just that I want a rough idea of the sort of physical appearence that my country will have before I write my factbook. It may affect the political system and whatever and I prefer island nations. Is this OK?

If so i'll get my factbook up this afternoon after I get back from school providing all goes well.
Lesser Ribena
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: May 11 2005, 02:13 AM

Geoligical aspects affect the political system ?
Like democracy is not possible above 1000 meter over sea level ? ;-)
Latao
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: May 11 2005, 10:15 AM
PMEmail Poster

Well not quite as dramatic as that!

But if I have a lot of small widespread islands then i'd have to have a larger administration sector and divide up into states in a different way than if I had one large landmass. It's no big deal and I can always amend my factbook at a later date. Speaking of which I should be able to get one up soon. Just need to finish a few things off...
Lesser Ribena
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: May 11 2005, 11:16 AM
PMEmail Poster

OK I have my factbook ready to post, at last! It seems that I can't start a new topic on the national info board. Is there anyway I can rectify this?
Lesser Ribena
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: May 11 2005, 12:34 PM

By posting more than in the map thread
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: May 11 2005, 10:09 PM
PMEmail Poster

Ryloss would also like his old land back.
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: May 12 2005, 01:00 AM

Rylosss- noted
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: May 12 2005, 06:16 PM
PMEmail Poster

I previously asked about the availability of #12 and I just thought I’d say why that particular area interests me and that it wasn’t just a random choice.

I originally planed for Hypocria to be completely landlocked but as this would create obvious limitations a small coastline is desirable. Now if I’m reading the border between #11 and #12 right then there is a nice small stretch of coastline (aside from Lake Bekk of course) in the north between #11 and Nova Britannicus which would be ideal.

Also living next door to a number of footballing nations would create the opportunity for a few local derbies and #12 shares borders with Nova Britannicus, Druida and Starblaydia.

Plus being a native Brit I’d quite like Hypocria to be reasonably close to the cold north to provide some nice British weather, again #12 would be perfect.

See, there is method behind the madness wink.gif .
Hypocria
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: May 12 2005, 06:26 PM

QUOTE (Hypocria @ May 12 2005, 11:16 PM)
Now if I’m reading the border between #11 and #12 right then there is a nice small stretch of coastline (aside from Lake Bekk of course) in the north between #11 and Nova Britannicus which would be ideal.

Also living next door to a number of footballing nations would create the opportunity for a few local derbies and #12 shares borders with Nova Britannicus, Druida and Starblaydia.

The darker-shaded area of 11 is where Xile used to be, and it makes an obvious visual border for 11 and 12.

Bear in mind also that the territory that 12 seems to encompass is actually a -explicitive removed-load of territory for a 250 mil nation biggrin.gif

And oh dear god how I hate having so many bloomin' Bekkside derbys... there's too many already, its worse than London teams in the Premiership.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: May 12 2005, 06:40 PM

Obviously the numbers represent general areas, and unless it is an island, does not encompass the actual landmass you will receive, just that it will be in the vacinity of that number.

AS for the Shaded lands of Xile, there are hostile natives left behind in old babylonia, so buyer beware.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: May 13 2005, 05:45 AM
PMEmail Poster

I’m painfully aware of how ridiculous huh.gif this will sound when you consider my previous post but here goes . . .

After praising everything about #12 I started thinking (which is always dangerous) that perhaps there is a location more suited to our status as region new boys.

Consequently, if at all possible, I’d like to amend my request to location #21. It is a lot smaller and it’s out of the way (giving me a chance to build up my reputation in the region, which will be sorely needed after this I reckon). Although it has more coastline than I originally wanted that isn’t really a problem, plus those small islands to the south could make for some interesting RP ideas.

Yes I am an indecisive fool unsure.gif .

I’m really sorry for messing everyone about like this and I hereby swear on The Holy Hyppo of Hypocria that this is the last request I make concerning nation placements in this thread.

From now on it will be RPs all the way.

*Dives out of nearest window before the yelling starts. Unfortunately this particular window is shut and there is no dramatic, Hollywood style sound, of smashing glass, more a dull thud followed by groaning*

This post has been edited by Hypocria on May 13 2005, 05:46 AM
Hypocria
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: May 13 2005, 09:29 AM
PMEmail Poster

The Spruitland government has decided to participate in the Atlantian Oceania Land Race and would like to indictate their preference to plant a flag in area #15.
Being an island nation, this area seems most compatible with Spruitland's current map (on the wiki page for those interested), and it would allow me to roughly keep the relative locations of my cities. I'll need to flip the map a bit, and tighten it up somewhat, but that's not a big deal.
There are a few other islands which would match the description, but none of those seem available at the moment, so 15 would suit us just fine.

This post has been edited by Spruitland on May 13 2005, 09:30 AM
Spruitland
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic
Pages: (19) « First ... 16 17 [18] 19 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0236 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->