Start new topic
Swimming : Everything Thread
Posted: Aug 29 2004, 03:24 PM
PMEmail Poster

100m FREESTYLE HEATS

CODE
--Heat One              Heat Two             Heat Three            Heat Four
1 Kiahquah (WPK)        A. Goodwin (STB)     I. Serezuin (TUR)     Magalakutway (WPK)
2 R. McGillivray (PED)  R. Fulbright (CHC)   T. David (NCD)        V. Swimmer (AIN)
3 I. Phillipe (KRY)     W. Gretzner (AIN)    K. Lopinka (VIL)      F. Contreres (PED)
4 T. Oroak (AIN)        E. Tree (NCD)        E. Button (CHC)       O. Serezuin (TUR)
5 K. Lee (STB)          A. Busse (CHC)       T. Simpson (NCD)      M. Konstantinidis (KRY)
6 B. Mineah (PED)       K. Matarao (TUR)     Thobequebah (WPK)     W. Smith Jr (LAM)
7 P. Ibarov (KRY)       R. Richter (STB)     T. Lopinka (VIL)      I. Johnsoain (VIL)
8 G. Novello (CRY)      ----                 S. Redaelli (CRY)     E. Addis (CRY)

>>> Fastest 16 times qualify for semis.

This post has been edited by Krytenia on Aug 29 2004, 03:30 PM
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 29 2004, 08:48 PM
PMEmail Poster

On an action-filled first day of the first AOlympiad, two Ainorpispian swimmers will be trying to advance to the semi-finals. A trip to there would bring them one step closer to a medal, but there is much competition for the 16 semi-finals spots.

Winford Gretzner, who had the second highest time in the Ainorpispian trials, will have some stiff competition in the second heat of the 100m Freestyle. Other nations fielding swimmers in the second heat include one each from Turori and N.C.D, and two apiece from Chaccor and Starblaydia.

All eyes in Ainopisp will be on Virgen Swimmer, however, who was the standard-bearer during the opening ceremonies for Ainorpisp. A 3-time collegiate 100m champion from the island nation, many in Sarmatia have high expectations for her.
Ainorpisp
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 30 2004, 05:59 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

"...in the Pool Starblaydia have three athletes vying for the podium at the NAQA and they are going in heats one and two of the four. The field will be nearly cut in half by these heats, so will Andrew Goodwin, Randy Richter and Kevin Lee make it through? We'll be going poolside for every one of those four heats..."
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Aug 31 2004, 04:04 PM

"... In the swimming events, Lamoni has entered swimming champion Wes Smith Jr. We shall be covering the swimming meets as they happen. Now back to LBC's Aolympic studios..."
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 31 2004, 05:47 PM
PMEmail Poster

100m FREESTYLE HEATS

>>> Qualifiers in RED

HEAT ONE
K. Lee (STB) 47.51
R. McGillivray (PED) 48.96
I. Phillipe (KRY) 48.98
G. Novello (CRY) 50.51

P. Ibarov (KRY) 52.27
Kiahquah (WPK) 53.27
T. Oroak (AIN) 54.77
B. Mineah (PED) 56.85

HEAT TWO
E. Tree (NCD) 47.42
A. Busse (CHC) 48.05
R. Fulbright (CHC) 48.09
K. Matarao (TUR) 50.02

R. Gretzner (AIN) 53.30
R. Richter (STB) 53.41
A. Goodwin (STB) 54.00

HEAT THREE
T. Lopinka (VIL) 47.98
T. David (NCD) 50.26
E. Button (CHC) 51.56

Thobequebah (WPK) 53.62
K. Lopinka (VIL) 54.11
I. Serezuin (TUR) 56.24
S. Redaelli (CRY) 56.81
T. Simpson (NCD) 56.87

HEAT FOUR
I. Johnsoain (VIL) 47.06 - WR
E. Addis (CRY) 50.34
Magalakutway (WPK) 50.86
W. Smith Jr (LAM) 51.31
M. Konstantinidis (KRY) 51.90

V. Swimmer (AIN) 52.62
F. Contreres (PED) 52.75
O. Serezuin (TUR) 53.04

SEMI FINALS
CODE
1. Magalakutway (WPK)       W. Smith Jr (LAM)
2. K. Matarao (TUR)         T. David (NCD)
3. A. Busse (CHC)           R. Fulbright (CHC)
4. I. Johnsoain (VIL)       E. Tree (NCD)
5. T. Lopinka (VIL)         K. Lee (STB)
6. I. Phillipe (KRY)        R. McGillivray (PED)
7. G. Novello (CRY)         E. Addis (CRY)
8. M. Konstantinidis (KRY)  E. Button (CHC)

>>> Fastest 8 qualify for finals.
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 31 2004, 06:05 PM

Vilitan's lead the way

Krytenia ---- Vilitan Olympic Swimming duo Ikiat Johnsoain and Tristain Lopinka won their respective qualifying groups and advanced today to the semi final round of the Olympic 100m Freestyle. Lopkina was first out in heat three, which was the slowest of the three heats, likely due to the intense winds that started up just prior to the running. Unfortunately, this slowness kept Tristain's brother, Kristofer Lopinka, out of the semi finals, only posting a 54.11, compared with Tristains winning 47.98, the 3rd fastest time of the day. However, the winds had long died off has Ikiat Johnsoain stepped up next to Crystilakere's Emmiliano Addis and Wapahkonetas National Record holder Magalkutway in what promised to be the most competitive of the four heats.

----------Johnsoain had other ideas though, leaving his competitors long out to dust with a Regional Record setting 47.06s time, a full 3 seconds before the rest of the pack. The Fourth heat proved to be the fastest of the day, with the slowest tome being recorded by Turori's Serezuin, who's 53.04 would have been good enough for 4th in heat four. Johnsoain and Lopinka will now face off in the Semi Finals, along with the brave Magalakutway and a barrage of other competitiors vying for a spot in the 100m Freestyle final.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 31 2004, 06:13 PM

"..Though Kevin Lee sailed into the Semis with the second-fastest time of the Qualifiers, Randy Richter and Andrew Goodwin missed out by a good three or four seconds on the Qualifying time.

Lee posted the third-fastest time, which at the moment would point to bronze after Vilitan swimmer Ikiat Johnsoain broke the World Record at his first attempt. He's certainly the man to beat. We had an exclusive interview with Kevin after the race."

"I did win my race by a full second, and I must admit I wasn't going hell-for-leather, but a World Record time? You gotta be joking me? That's fast."

"Tune-In tomorrow for the Semi-finals where we hope Kevin will make it to the final stage..."
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Aug 31 2004, 06:40 PM
PMEmail Poster

"You're listening to Pedriana National Sports Radio, 890 AM.

We're live here at NAQA in Avid-Diord, where the 100m Freestyle Heats have just been completed. Three Pedrian athletes participated in this event: Fausto Contreres, Booker Mineah, and Randolph McGillivray.

Mineah and McGillivray were both drawn into the pool for the first heat. McGillivray had a very strong start, taking an early lead, but after he reached the other end of the pool and turned around for the final 50 meters, he began to slow down a bit, allowing Starblaydia's Kevin Lee to pass quite easily. Lee would go on to win the heat by more than a second over McGillivray, who just barely held on to second place, beating out Phillipe of Krytenia by just two hundredths of a second. McGillivray's time of 48.96 seconds was fast enough for him to qualify for the semifinals, though Booker Mineah was unfortunate enough to finish last in this heat, more than nine seconds behind Lee. Contreres didn't have a much better outing, competing in the last of the four heats and finishing in seventh place, ahead of only Serezuin of Turori.

McGillivray will be competing in the second half of the semifinals, out of which one-half of the competitors will move on to the final."
Pedriana
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 31 2004, 09:02 PM
PMEmail Poster

"And now, over to Tim at NAQA in Avid-Diord!"
"Yes, and welcome to the swimming heats! Chacor sent three participants, including the Chacorian record holder Ralph Fulbright who held the record at 48.14 seconds. Well, here are the results of the Chacorian participants!

A. Busse (CHC) 48.05
R. Fulbright (CHC) 48.09
E. Button (CHC) 51.56

A new Chacor record for Anthony Busse, beating the old record by a tenth of a second! All three swimmers qualified for the semifinals. Here's the draw for the semis.
CODE

1. Magalakutway (WPK)       W. Smith Jr (LAM)
2. K. Matarao (TUR)         T. David (NCD)
3. A. Busse (CHC)           R. Fulbright (CHC)
4. I. Johnsoain (VIL)       E. Tree (NCD)
5. T. Lopinka (VIL)         K. Lee (STB)
6. I. Phillipe (KRY)        R. McGillivray (PED)
7. G. Novello (CRY)         E. Addis (CRY)
8. M. Konstantinidis (KRY)  E. Button (CHC)

The best eight qualify for the finals. We'll be cheering all of them on!"
Chacor
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 31 2004, 11:33 PM
PMEmail Poster

"NANN's olympic coverage shifts to the pool today, where Ainorpisp suffered a disasturous first showing. Neither Winford Gretzner or Virgen Swimmer qualified for the finals, a dissapointing result for both. In particular, Virgen Swimmer, the standard-bearer for Ainorpisp during the opening ceremonies, who had high expectations back home. She joins us here to discuss what might've gone wrong. Virgen, how do you feel after being eliminated after the first round?"

"Well Graham, it's pretty frustrating after hours and hours of practice... not even making the finals is pretty upsetting. It just wasn't meant to be, I suppose. Everyone else had remarkable times out there, I was just overmatched."

"When you exited the pool, it appeared that you were limping a little. Have you been injured?"

"I won't lie, I was pushing pretty hard towards the end, I think I pulled something. The team doctor agreed, but he's not sure how bad it is."

"Now you are scheduled to compete in another event, is that right?"

"Originally I was, but it's not just my decision to make. The doctor told me that if I raced again, I might further aggrivate my injury. So it's really come down to a choice of taking a big risk out in the pool again or preserving my career so I can still compete later. In light of that, I came to the decision to withdraw from any further competition here."

"Then the best of luck to you with your recovery, and we'll hope to see you back in the pool soon. NANN's coverage of the AOlympics will continue after brief break."
Ainorpisp
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 1 2004, 04:16 PM

"... LBC's Aolympic coverage continues with swimming. With a time of 51.31, Wes Smith Jr. has qualified for the semi-finals..."
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 2 2004, 06:46 AM
PMEmail Poster

SEMI FINAL ONE
I. Johnsoain (VIL) 48.23
I. Phillipe (KRY) 49.01
T. Lopinka (VIL) 51.14
G. Novello (CRY) 51.29

A. Busse (CHC) 51.78
Magalakutway (WPK) 52.76
K. Matarao (TUR) 53.05
M. Konstanidis (KRY) 54.58

SEMIFINAL TWO
E. Button (CHC) 47.70
R. Fulbright (CHC) 48.04
K. Lee (STB) 48.24
T. David (NCD) 49.16

E. Addis (CRY) 52.08
W. Smith Jr (LAM) 52.18
E. Tree (NCD) 52.79
R. McGillivray (PED) 56.13

FINAL LANE DRAW
1. T. Lopinka (VIL)
2. T. David (NCD)
3. I. Johnsoain (VIL)
4. E. Button (CHC)
5. R. Fulbright (CHC)
6. K. Lee (STB)
7. I. Phillipe (KRY)
8. G. Novello (CRY)
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 2 2004, 06:58 AM

"... and in the swimming, Kevin Lee is through to the hundred-metre freestyle Final with the fourth-fastest time of the Semis. He finished third in his heat behind the two impressive Chacorians, while the other fastest time was by the Vilitan who posted the World Record. Kevin will race in Lane six in the final, and the chances for a medal are looking good for Starblaydia..."
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Sep 2 2004, 08:48 PM

"... Mark Gilson has 'washed out' in the 100m freestyle competition today... "
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 3 2004, 12:13 AM
PMEmail Poster

"A brand new Chacor record was set today in the pool when two Chacorians qualified with the two best times! A sub-48 second time was good enough to see Eric Button claim the best time to the semi finals, with Ralph Fulbright claiming the second fastest time!"

SEMI FINAL ONE
I. Johnsoain (VIL) 48.23
I. Phillipe (KRY) 49.01
T. Lopinka (VIL) 51.14
G. Novello (CRY) 51.29
A. Busse (CHC) 51.78
Magalakutway (WPK) 52.76
K. Matarao (TUR) 53.05
M. Konstanidis (KRY) 54.58

SEMIFINAL TWO
E. Button (CHC) 47.70
R. Fulbright (CHC) 48.04