Start new topic
AOCAF 66 Bid
Posted: Feb 21 2022, 07:10 AM
PMEmail Poster

IC setting

The Desert Emirate of Jabal Akhdar is a small Islamic absolute monarchy on the edge of the Great Calanian Desert. While the vast majority of the country is virtually uninhabitable desert, the majority of the population is clustered around a series of cities along the coast, principally in the capital – the imaginatively named Jabal Akhdar City. The oil-rich Emirate practises Hanbali Sunni Islam; its economy has boomed as a result of natural resources exploitation, and it is in the process of building a series of modern “cities of tomorrow”. Around half of all games and the majority of the playoffs will be held in Jabal Akhdar City, with the remainder scattered around the country in various cities.

Format

The format will depend on precise numbers but will retain the basic shape of the past three editions: a single round robin ground stage, leading to a single elimination knockout stage with a 3PPO. The following considerations will factor into determining the format:
  • Equal numbers of teams in each group
  • The playoffs will began at the Round of 16 stage
  • There will not be a play-in round (so if there are not a workable number of signups, advancements will be based on standings e.g. best third place finishers)

Tiebreakers will be GD first followed by H2H followed by IC coin-flip (simulated OOC match using RP bonus only). Ties of three will be broken by going down the tiebreaker list in order.

This is a format so bland that if it were spice, it’d be flour, but the hope is that the fun of the tournament comes not from the wackiness of the format but the roleplaying.

Scorination and RP bonus

xkoranate using NSFS formula, with xkoranate (additive) mods.

Roleplay bonus will be 50% cumulative, 50% decaying. Existing AOCAF ranks will be clipped at 50% until a roster is posted, at which point the full rankings will be allowed. Assuming something in the region of 8 scorinations, an unranked entrant consistently gaining near max bonus would be able to reach pot 1 by tournament’s end.

Additional tournaments

This is strictly an AOCAF Cup bid. OOC, I am willing to scorinate other tournaments (e.g. AOBS) but they may not necessarily be held IC in Jabal Akhdar, except that if there is an AORC series we will bid for a race to happen in Jabal Akhdar.

Experience

I have hosted three other regionals: CR36 (with Tikariot), CE29 and MAC9 (solo); I have not hosted an AOCAF before but have competed in the last three editions. I have hosted some other tournaments in various sports.
Jabal Akhdar
Two. Two.
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0165 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->