Start new topic
The Amazing Race!
Posted: Jan 10 2006, 08:13 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Okay, so I'd been planning to do this for a while but now that I'm in a big region it seems like it would be all the more fun. So, here's what I'm going to do.

Those of you familiar with Amazing Race will not need an explanation. Depending on the length of the race / number of available episodes, between 10 and 12 teams of two will race around the AO region for a shot at one million doura. The team that finishes last each leg will be eliminated until the competition is narrowed to three finalist teams competing for the big prize. The race will start and end in Pacitalia but AO nations signed up here on the boards can contribute destinations and places within the country of which the teams can visit during the race. There will be detours, road blocks, yields, fast forwards, pit stops, non-elimination legs...and, of course, language barriers. smile.gif

However, you will not know whether your destination is included in the race, like in RL. You'll just have to wait for each episode to come out. wink.gif

Any takers? I'm looking for at least 20 destinations, but I hope for 30. Any leftover destinations and countries will most definitely be included in version 2 of this, if I decide to do it. And we might do a version where international contestants are allowed to participate.

If you need more information on The Amazing Race, check out the CBS.com show website or the Wikipedia article.
Pacitalia
The best place on earth.
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Jan 10 2006, 08:15 PM

Racing what, exactly?
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Jan 10 2006, 08:22 PM

Haven't you ever seen the show? They use whatever mode of transportation they need to get around. Or whatever the producers say they have to use. Chariot, taxi, rental car, airplane, ferry, bike, walking... anything to get them to the next destination.
Pacitalia
The best place on earth.
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Jan 10 2006, 08:28 PM

QUOTE (Pacitalia @ Jan 11 2006, 02:22 AM)
Haven't you ever seen the show?

It's on CBS, right? CBS broadcasts in this little country called America, you may have heard of it. I, however, live somewhat to the east of this place, in a far-off quaint land called England, where we dont get CBS.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Jan 10 2006, 08:44 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Starblaydia @ Jan 11 2006, 09:28 AM)
QUOTE (Pacitalia @ Jan 11 2006, 02:22 AM)
Haven't you ever seen the show?

It's on CBS, right? CBS broadcasts in this little country called America, you may have heard of it. I, however, live somewhat to the east of this place, in a far-off quaint land called England, where we dont get CBS.

... I get the show in Singapore tongue.gif

EDIT: Chacor's more than willing to put forward some of our northern deserts for the show...

This post has been edited by Chacor on Jan 10 2006, 08:46 PM
Chacor
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 10 2006, 09:12 PM

Lamoni would be willing to compete, and come up with some destinations.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 11 2006, 12:24 AM
PMEmail Poster

Sarzonia would be more than willing to provide destinations, such as the headquarters of the world famous Portland Iron Works, the USS Constitution museum, the Naval Museum, Bryan Marshall Stadium, and others just dying to be included. tongue.gif
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 11 2006, 06:22 AM
PMEmail Poster

Nedalia definitely has some destinations in mind, such as the Shamsa Desert and the Bren-Brooks Wildlife Reserve (in collaboration, ofcourse, with Bettia.)
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Jan 11 2006, 06:48 AM

QUOTE (Nedalia @ Jan 11 2006, 12:22 PM)
Nedalia definitely has some destinations in mind, such as the Shamsa Desert and the Bren-Brooks Wildlife Reserve (in collaboration, ofcourse, with Bettia.)

Yup, sounds cool.

As for any Bettian destinations, I think a jaunt through the Banastra Rainforest would be nice, with perhaps a visit to Sweeney Falls to finish.
Bettia
We don't do defence
Quote Post

AOLYahooTop

Posted: Jan 11 2006, 11:44 AM
PMEmail Poster

Hockey Canada would be willing to add some cold entries as destinations. The barren mountain cities of Omsk and Irkutsk in the Snow Desert should be enough.

BTW Sarz, Nice signature
Hockey Canada
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 11 2006, 01:34 PM

Falcania would like to join. We have many many places to do this shiznitz, such as the Tigris mountains and Featbridge Square.

Edit: For us English people with satellite, apparently there are some reruns on LIVINGtv2, and in Singapore it is repeated on Wednesdays on Channel 5.

Edit2: Is there any limit to the vehicles you can compete in?

This post has been edited by Falcania on Jan 11 2006, 01:48 PM
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 11 2006, 02:54 PM

It depends on where you need to go. If a destination is down the road from the clue box, you'd walk. If it's a couple clicks away, you'd bike or take a ferry. 10-800km you'd be given a car by the show, or a taxi. Over that, you'd get air tickets.

That kind of thing.
Pacitalia
The best place on earth.
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Jan 11 2006, 02:56 PM

Oh, and for those that have posted, describe what kind of activities you would like to take place at the locations you've listed.
Pacitalia
The best place on earth.
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Jan 11 2006, 10:59 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Pacitalia @ Jan 12 2006, 03:56 AM)
Oh, and for those that have posted, describe what kind of activities you would like to take place at the locations you've listed.

Hubana City is building a new 130k all-seater stadium, perhaps the teams could be asked to help build a small section or looking for a seat wth a cluebox among the 40,000 already-built seats (Stade Olympic Amazing Race 8 anyone?)... the desert weather will also pose a problem, and they could perhaps be asked to drive an all-terrain veicle acorss the sand dunes in the desert as a roadblock...
Chacor
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 16 2006, 05:53 PM

Any other destinations, folks?
Pacitalia
The best place on earth.
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last »