Start new topic
Operation Footprint
Posted: Oct 14 2006, 07:00 PM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: Obviously, the fleet's going to take a while to get there; I'll put this over in a few posts over the next couple of days.]

MINDEF War Room, Everton City

General Michael Di Marcos loved this part of the job. He had been given his orders to "take the war to Starblaydia"; now came the time to reveal his plan. He had drawn together the action-men, the high-ranking members of the Army, the Air Force, and the Navy, to this room. He allowed himself a smug smile.

"Now, gentlemen, as you know, we are at war. I have been given orders to weaken the Starblaydi defences, and I have found our chance; to set up a base on Starblaydi soil."

Gasps of disbelief wormed their way around the circular room.

"We have found a route, and a place, where Starblaydi opposition should be at its weakest." He pressed a button, and a map of the region showed up on a big screen. Three lines were on the screen; oversea routes between Krytenia and the former Aquiliana, now Starblaydi territory.

"Now, the speediest route between here and Starblaydia is through the Crystilakere Channel." The middle line, indicating this route, lit up red. "Unfortunately, this particular route contains a rather large...skirmish between the Starblaydi and Lowland navies. So that's out."

The left hand route lit up red. "There is also the possibility of avoiding Starblaydi detection altogether and going around the west and north of Calania. This, however, will take a very long time, not least as we have to pass Vilita well to the west. Which leaves us with option three." The remaining route lit up green.

"Our plan is to detour around the east of Cilesta, and past Casari to the east to Aquiliana. Once we are there, our target is this."

The map changed; the south-west of Aquiliana now took up the screen. "This island, to the south of Aquiliana's western peninsula, is our target. We shall send two fleets; the Third Fleet, headed by Admiral Juarez, will provide first-line attack and secure the local waters; the Sixth Fleet behind, headed jointly by Admiral Tomassen and General Gordon, will provide ground troops to secure its major city, Nova Malta. Once we have this base of operations, we will be able to set up a rudimentary airbase and hopefully carry out strategic bombing on the mainland's easter seaboard."

Di Marcos continued on to explain more of the particulars of the plan.

A few days later, Eastern Midland Channel

It was a sight to see. Seventy assorted ships, and a dozen submarines disappearing over the horizon. Two hours later, a second parade, of similar size, joined them, the setting sun glistening off the metal. As the ships left Bedistani waters, they carried the hopes of not one, but several nations with them. It was time to teach Viannor a lesson.
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Oct 14 2006, 07:22 PM
PMEmail Poster

Fitzpatrick Naval Base, Atarashii Yojimbo

Kirke looked at the radar screen. It was unmistakable, there were about a hundred and forty fairly large ships passing by the island, about a hundred miles offshore.

"Whose are they, General?"

"Kryties, by the looks of it. Perhaps the better question is, where are they going?"

"Starblaydia, I'd assume. They are at war with them, after all."

"That they are, but who goes southeast from Krytenia to get to Starblaydia? Surely they'd be passing our island to the north and not the south if that were the case. No, the only Starblaydi ally I can think of down in that direction is" - here General Kirke paused and spat - "Hypocria."

"General, you know as well as I do that the most efficient route to get there would be round the side of Nedalia and Spruitland. Going this way, they'd have to truck nearly out to Pacitalia and back."

"Well, we'll keep an eye on 'em. For all we know, they could be planning a sneak attack on Hendersonburg. I doubt it, but you can't rule it out."

"General, have you taken your medicine today?"

"Ran out three weeks ago. Don't need it."

"Right, then. Well, I guess I'll just leave you to your unfounded paranoia."
Bedistan
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 15 2006, 08:43 AM
PMEmail Poster

It was a dull life for a sailor in the Krytenian Navy. Now, as the Third Fleet passed the former Diamindokere, now a desolate, uninhabited wasteland, Lieutenant Matthew Lindstrom of the KNV Sabretooth allowed his mind to wander.

He'd left his girlfriend at port again. Everytime he was called to active duty, she would moan at him for "not being there." I'm a bloody naval officer, he thought, it's part of the job! He sighed, and decided; time to move on. If he got out of this alive, he had is eye on a certain Janine Rossi; a petty officer aboard one of the Fleet's other ships, the shiny new KNV Hessenthaler aircraft carrier.

Lindstrom afforded himself another view from his cabin porthole. Downtime sucks, he mused, as the Sabretooth began its northern turn around the rump of eastern Crystilakere.
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Oct 16 2006, 06:34 AM
PMEmail Poster

Aboard the Hessenthaler, Janine Rossi was enjoing a spot of lunch. Being one of the Fleet's larger ships, it had a very well-stocked galley (actually, it had two, but the other was for Air Force personnal only) and the ship's cook could certainly stretch the supplies to make Janine's favourite bacon sandwich. Well, almost...

"No brown sauce, I'm afraid m'lass..."

Janine sighed, and thought of him again. The sailor who had spoken to him at the naval docks. A tall man, neat blackish-brown hair, Matt, he said his name was. But what she thought of even more was his eyes. Two deep pools of blue you could drown into. When he smiled to her that day, those eyes exposed Matt's inner sadness. He said he was on another ship, but gave her his details and said he'd hope they would meet again soon.

"This navy needs e-mail." she grumbled. "E-mail and brown sauce."

Above the cacophony of the Fleet, a few members of the veteran Tango Squadron were in the air, shaking down their new fighter planes. Thirty million Credits of hardware being wrestled by Hank Gibernau and Keith Melandri, two of the Sky Blue Few's best.

"Hmm, pretty islands in the distance, eh Keith?"

"Yup, that'd be Qutar. Went there on shore leave one time. Nice people, and the ladies are very accomodating too, if you know what I mean."

"Well, y'know, the whole 'look at my sexy uniform' thing helps."

The two men laughed as they turned back and made the short thirty-mile hop back to the Hessenthaler.
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Oct 17 2006, 10:24 AM
PMEmail Poster

Captain James Monroe looked out from the bridge of the KNV Thunder Child, a thirteen-year-old battleship, and surveyed the scene. The trip so far had been quiet - almost eerily so. He had wondered why this might be; could it be that the entire Starblaydi navy had decided to ignore this strait? No news is good news though, he thought, as he examined his COPS-GPS map image.

The Thunder Child, sailing at the front of the Fleet, had finally passed the Cilestian continent, and the waters of the Crystilakere Channel mingled with the ocean on her bows. Just the short float past Casari, and they would be within reach of their goal.

At least, that was the plan. Time would tell whether any spanners were forthcoming.
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Oct 20 2006, 12:10 PM
PMEmail Poster

The KNV Thunder Child was still at the front of the Third Fleet as they passed the northeastern tip of Casari. Finally, the ships were in the home strecth. And somehow...nothing. No Starblaydi presence, not even a scout ship.

Captain Monroe, standing on deck, was therefore very surprised as a missile fizzed past the ship, narrowly missing its central structure.

"Alert Three! NOW!"
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0262 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->