Start new topic
Regional Map Iii
Posted: May 4 2004, 07:10 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Abattoir @ May 4 2004, 10:21 PM)
Well, I would have to insist on keeping colonial expansion based on economy plus population. With my current land situation with nearly 2 billion inhabitants...would be very cramped, making my frightening economic situation with such a large population, a near megapolis. The mere thought of my population density almost scares me, and with civil rights being so high, that for my nation to be able to exist in such an area is too unrealistic. There are few if any nations in our region that can top my population, and it would be ever so more difficult to gain my economic superpower at this moment.

I feel that with 2 billion citizens I should be entitled to expand a little more and more frequently than someone with say 500 million.

i can... lemme check the nation size comparison for a sec...
Holy Saints
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: May 4 2004, 07:12 PM
PMEmail Poster

now then. I have 2.6 billion, and i am in a similar to slightly smaller land space. im gonna talk with Vilita over it...
Holy Saints
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: May 5 2004, 12:03 AM
PMEmail Poster

I dont understand why I've been given so much land on the new map, I had already requested less land on the old map.
Crystilakere
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 5 2004, 10:29 AM
PMEmail Poster

population does not mean bigger size just like that.You have vewry dence countries and very sparce countries. Russia for example, the size of Siberia and the amount of people living in it. besides, all countries are growing and it would be too hard ot keep track of sizes as new ones come in and old ones grow. I have already taked with Vilita on the matter regarding populations, you end with a death nail if you go with that I have been through all situations. I could go on but I see little point, unless you insit.

Crystilakere, actualy you last asked for a tad more land, and as I didn't transfer those new isalnds across from the old map I compensated. I could knock a bit off if you insit or you could just wait till your population pads out.

I have been taking with Vilita about the possibility of a new system regarding the map etc, it will be quite complex and we will annoucnce plans later. The map itself won't change but there will be some changes in terms of RP.
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: May 5 2004, 08:25 PM
PMEmail Poster

whatever, -explicitive removed- it, its not even worth fighting over something that in reality is much larger an issue to many nations. India is fighting with overcrowding because of 1 billion in a larger area than my nation, so i see i cannot get my point across to you. i have what, 500,000 square miles?. india has 2,973,190 square miles of land.

really, i couldnt care less, its the principle of the thing. Screw it.

remember, Russia only has 150,000 people, and many times by 'organized' drought they have lost millions.
Holy Saints
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: May 6 2004, 10:15 AM
PMEmail Poster

In real life people don't have the luxury of expanding territory. In the rules I have actually included that bigger populations mean you can get hold of more territory, jus at the rate of everyone else. Look, person with medium pop comes along, gets chink of land, someone with bigger pop comes and demands larger land, someone with even bigger pop demands more than that, while these guys are expanding more and more bigger nations come in demanding proportional shares until whole sub regions are sucked up by a guy who?s been round a much long than everyone else. Sounds like I am blowing it out of proportion but it has already started to happen and its only a matter of time. Things like that is why I am trying to create the best rules I can with no exceptions.
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: May 6 2004, 02:46 PM
PMEmail Poster

i quite agree-but where has holy saints gone?
Samonina
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: May 6 2004, 07:09 PM
PMEmail Poster

remember, Russia only has 150,000 people, and many times by 'organized' drought they have lost millions.

I beg to differ, Russia has a population of 144,526,278. You are off, considerably.
Nova Roma
Fortified Caesar
Quote Post

Posted: May 7 2004, 10:07 AM
PMEmail Poster

You sure, I thought it was 146,934k close enough on either account anyway. Anyway, there isn't actualy a scale on the map if you noticed, just imagine that any nation larger than you is covered mostly by wasteland with the density of antartica. It would be a bit stupid to have any set sixe on it anyway as fitting several billion people into a small set of islands in the atlantic wouldn't go well would it?
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: May 7 2004, 01:54 PM
PMEmail Poster

144,526,278 (July 2003 est.)

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/rs.html
Nova Roma
Fortified Caesar
Quote Post

Posted: May 7 2004, 02:08 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Yes I have seen the same thing elsewhere, 150,000,000. 150k would be incredibly small, less than most of the cities!
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: May 7 2004, 07:17 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Novus Atlantica @ May 7 2004, 12:09 AM)

I beg to differ, Russia has a population of 144,526,278. You are off, considerably.

sorry if i forgot those 3 zeros. now then, really, a nation with 2.6 billion is not the same size as a nation as a nation with 400 some or even 200 some million. Except for in the case of the USA, Russia, Brazil, Canada, etc, this is kept true. Also, my nation profile does say Massive. My nation could not sustain itself if it was so barren and that small.
Eh, i think the USSR has the nice green fields that i have been accustomed to for over a year now.
Holy Saints
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: May 8 2004, 03:28 PM
PMEmail Poster

Novus Atlantica, who said the CIA were reliable when it comes to intelligence smile.gif

Holy Saints, of course they green fields, they won't do to well, but the large part of siberia isn't that great, particualy the northern and eastern parts.
Like I stated there is already some expansion linked to population but more would create an expansion boomb unless we closed off alll immigration into the region or limit it to new nations.

I am working with Vilita on a few ideas, depending on how well they turn out there may be some ground level librilisation on expansion.
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: May 8 2004, 06:38 PM
PMEmail Poster

Novus Atlantica, who said the CIA were reliable when it comes to intelligence

Funny!! You have a good point though. laugh.gif
Nova Roma
Fortified Caesar
Quote Post

Posted: May 9 2004, 07:54 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

New information: My nation's capital city is Kato City and is located in central part of the great Taaru Island
Taaru
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic
Pages: (9) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... Last »

[ Script Execution time: 0.0200 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->