Start new topic
Khara NOT Assassinated
Posted: Aug 31 2006, 10:30 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

It, as always, was a busy day in Archon City. Massive throngs of people bustled to and from the skyscrapers that they worked in. Cabs, mixed in with various sports cars, vans, and limos, formed a river of steel that belched smoke into the sky. The streets had become like veins of metal moving throughout the massive metropolis. At the center of it all was the palace complex, home to Patriarch Khara and the majority of his cabinet and advisors.

Khara was walking out the front door, heading towards his waiting limo. Standing next to him was Danielle Uram, on his left, and on his right was Michael Arani. They where both sounding off about their concerns of the situation in the Allied States, more specifically the stat of the Legal Republic. Khara stopped in his steps and raised his right hand to silence them.

"So exactly how bad are we talking about?" he said with a bit of irritation at the constant problems that seemed to be plaguing him now.

"Millions dead." replied Danielle. "It's a miracle that they haven't completely collapsed into chaos and disarray."

"Something needs to be done to assure the situation doesn't get any worse there. The last thing we need, with tensions so high throughout the region, is to have one of our allies slip into civil unrest." added Michael.

Khara nodded in agreement with his Minister of Defense. "Agreed. Send President-Elect Kingsley a letter with the offer of aid to him. Perhaps some soldiers and a cadre of our best medical staff to help try and smooth things over. Due to the war in Nova Roma right now, we can't afford much more than that I'm afraid."

"I'll get right on it highness." said Michael. "There's also something else I wanted to inform you of."

"What's that?" Khara said, his right eyebrow quirking as he continued the walk towards the limo.

"We've recieved reports that the lead warlord in Nova Roma, Marcus I believe is his name, may be attempting to plan attacks on Khazaron itself. Some of the refugees we are accepting may in fact be undercover spies."

Khara shoke his head and laughed. "Don't be ridiculous. They're to broken up and disunified to be able to mount such an operation. Besides, State Security has all immigrants into Khazaron under strict servailence and observation during their etrance to this country. Nobody is going to get through that will harm us. On a further note, I don't like what such thinking will lead us down to. Panic. Disorder. Fear-monger and prejudice. We are an enlightened society and I wont tolerate such things."

With that note Khara stepped into his limo, leaning out one last time and looking at Danielle. "Inform our ambassadors abroad to keep me, and the Directorate of Foreign Intelligence apraised of what is going on in their respective nations. Something tells me we are going to need all the information we can muster in the coming months." She nodded at Khara, a strange look on her face as the door was shut and the limo drove off.

"What's the matter Danielle?" asked Michael.

She shoke her head and seemed to shiver almost. "I can't place my finger on it. It's like...it's like knowing somethings coming, but not from what direction. It's strange, when I looked into his eyes, I got the feeling something bad was about to happen."

Michael chuckled. "You've been hangingout with Johnathan to much. Come on, lets go get something to eat before we have to go back to the salt mines."

She smiled. "Yes, I think that sounds like a good idea."

Across town, near the Assembly Hall

There was a great commotion near the Assembly Hall of the Archons. Many protestors seemed to be gathered outside its walls, carrying various sighns displaying various slogans that spoke out against the war in Nova Roma. The past several weeks had seen people become increasingly angered about a war they saw as senseless. The main agrument was that all it was doing was securing a way for foreigners to enter Khazaron. Not even regular foreigners, but foreigners from a former enemy nation. Most on that camp wanted it all stopped, and the refugees expelled.

The Patriarch's limo stopped outside the Hall, and his bodyguards got out first, quickly surveying the area. There where five of them, dressed in full military gear and sporting Steyr Aug A3's. Making eye contact with the police units that had been deployed to hold back the protestors, the nodded at each squad and then waved at the limo. Slowly Khara came out and smiled at the crowds. Then, surrounded by his guards, he began the walk towards the Hall.

Various obscenties and vulgar sugestions where hurled in his general direction and Khara for a moment thought if giving free speech to his people was such a good idea after all. He stopped part of the way and met with several Archons and First Archon Tyler Anan. After they got through shaking hands and exchanging pleasantries, they continued on the walk. They where there this day to discuss, in a special session of the Assembly, what the best course of action would be for the conflict in Nova Roma. To many had voiced their concerns now for it to be relegated just to the halls of the palace.

As the Patriarch and his party reached the steps, done in classical Greco-Roman style, as was the rest of the building, a outbreak of terror and gunfire was heard from the crowd. Catching Khara's attention he turned towards it, only to find his guards blocking the view and them pushing him back towards the entrance of the Assembly Hall.

"Move, what's going on?" Khara said agnrily as he shoved a guard aside, just in time to see a group of rather irate looking individuals, wearing normal street clothes and long coats, rushing towards where he and the others where.

Time slowed as the rushers quickly drew out SMGs from under their coats. Already the guards guns where levelled and firing. Of the eight or so men that where rushing the Hall steps, five dropped in the second or two that Khara's guards squeezed off their first bullets. One shot, one kill. As the remaining three kept rushing, they squeezed their triggers and let a spray of bullets into the crowd.

"Sic Semper Tyrannus!!" came the shout from the lead man of the three. Khara shut his eyes tight and heard nothing but gunfire, cries, running. Then, a sharp pain gripped in his chest, causing him to open his eyes briefly and sew a large red stain on his chest. Looking up in disbelief, he saw that the remaining men where dead, and his guards where securing the area, not noticing the wound their Patriarch had taken.

Khara lost conciousness and fell over, blood quickly beginning to pool around him. "Get a CareFlight, quick!!" shouted one of the guards as he rushed over to where the Patriarch lay. One of the others quickly radioed for an immediate chopper flight to Archon Regional Medical Center.
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Sep 1 2006, 12:26 AM

President Stone was taking some time off when an aide came rushing into the room. Stone's first thought was, "Can't I even have one day without a crisis!?!?!?!"

The aide stammered, "Mr. President. Our embassy in Khazaron has informed us that Patriarch Khara has been shot by Nova Roman guerillas. The Patriarch is currently being flown to a hospital, but his condition is unknown.

Stone bolted upright in his chair the moment that he heard the word 'shot.' When he heard who had shot him, he got pissed off. "So, those Romans are at their bloody work again, even though their country is gone. Send an appropriate statement to the Khazaronian government; we hope that the Patriarch recovers from his wounds, etc. Oh, tell them that we will be sending troops to help them in their war. We were invaded by the nation that they once were, and it looks like we will be facing their updated chaotic version." The look that was on his face would have killed lesser men.

"Yes sir!" The aide ran off, glad that HE wasn't the focus of the President's anger.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 1 2006, 01:36 AM
PMEmail Poster

President Durocher was taking a nap on her couch, after being overloaded of work these late days. When it wasn't a meeting for the army, it was a meeting for the SDL or a telegram from some Starblaydian civilans that sent her death threat. It was the first week in months she could take a week without working, only busy with the dragon she received from Demot, which was now tall. So, when one of her messengers entered in her room, she was not very happy...

Messenger: "Mrs. Durocher. We received a telegram..."

President Durocher: "Is that a joke? I wanna have, only ONE week of vacations, but, no... after 3 days, someone has to disturb me... What is that? Another letter from Starblaydian dwarves telling us they're gonna beat our hockey team?"

Messenger: "No, Mrs. Durocher... it's a telegram from our embassy in... Khazaron."

President Durocher: "What have they done again?"

Messenger: "I'm afraid to tell you that the news is not good... read that letter."

Mrs. Durocher took some time to read the letter. She read it twice, thrice, a fourth time and even, a fifth time. She couldn't realise what happent. One of her allies and one of the only head of states she had a good relationship with is now between life and death.

Mrs. Durocher: "I hope that it's a joke... Are you joking?"

Messenger: "No... see the Khazaronian seal?"

Mrs. Durocher: "Ok... those New Romans will learn that we will not let them do whatever they want to our allies. I'm gonna put pressure on the Ministry of National Defense so that our army gets the weapons they need once and for all."

Messenger: "So, you mean we're gonna send troops in Khazaron to help them?"

Mrs. Durocher: "Yes... I'm gonna break the promise I made to the latest Neo-Democrat congress that an Oliverry under Neo-Democrats would never go to war... First, the government is really controlling the nation and, second, even if my party is normally isolationist, I personally think that it's idiot to keep this way to act in such a bad moment... Please tell the medias I'm gonna speak to the nation at 3 PM."

Messenger: "Ok..."

Mrs. Durocher: "But wait... Before, I need to write a letter to Patriarch Khara..."

Mrs. Durocher wrote a letter that wished "the best recovering from this disgraceful attack', that "we're gonna send some troops to help them crushing those Romans", and "that we hope these Romans will know shooting the Patriarch is not the best way to achieve something."
Septentrionia
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 1 2006, 04:15 PM

Danielle Uram and Michael Arani paced back and forth outside of the hospital room, the door having been shut by the doctor when he went in there. Two guards stood outside of it, their guns at the ready. Both Danielle and Michael had been in the middle of their lunch when they heard the new and rushed straight to Archon Regional Medical Center. Since then they had spent their time pacing and worrying outside of the hospital room wher Khara lay.

They both startled as the door opened and the doctor stepped out. Before he could even gather his thoughts, both Danielle and Michael where on top of him, scarcely giving him any room to breath. Taking a few steps back, the doctor cleared his throat. "He's going to be ok." There was an audible sigh of relief from both of the Ministers. The doctor raised his right hand. "However" he said. "He's lost alot of blood and will need to recooperate here for at least two weeks before he can go back home. Also, he'll need to take it easy for about six months to a year after that."

Both of them nodded fervently. "We'll see to that." the said both, almost in unison. "May we go and see him now?" asked Danielle. The doctor looked a bit apprehensive, and the nodded. "I suppose." he said. "But I'll have to ask you to keep the visit brief. He needs his rest." Once again they both nodded, slowly opening the door and walking into the room.

In the middle of the room, laying on a bed, and having an IV jammed into his right arm, was the Patriarch. He was still very pale from the blood loss, but seemed to be concious and looking about the room. His eyes met with both Danielle and then Michael. He faintly nodded to each. "Who?" he said in a voice that seemed more like a whisper. "Romans?" he asked.

Michael Arani shoke his head. "It turns out that it was in fact Rhianomic Sepratists who where responsible for the attempt. Although our intelligence tells us their funding probably came from somewhere outside the western districts."

"How do you know?" Khara asked. It seemed that he was only able to summon enough energy to keep his words short and to the point.

Danielle stepped forward. "We know because a half hour after the attempt on your life was made known to the public, an open revolt began in the western districts. It was all spearheaded by a group calling themselves the Rhianomic Restoration Army. Their leader claims to be a last blood descendant of the old King of Rhiam, Aldam, and Rhoss. So far it seems support for us in the districts is at about fifty percent or so."

Khara closed his eyes and shoke his head slightly. "Recall...men...stop the rebellion." Michael Arani nodded. "It's already being done. We've begun pulling back to the Roman peninsula just south of the western districts and are fortifying our position there. We'll send some over to aid in the quelling with the local police."

Khara nodded, attempting to smile.

"There's somebody we wanted you to meet also." said Danielle moving towards the door and opening it, motioning to someone unseen outside to come in. In stepped a man in full military dress uniform. Stopping before the bed, he saluted.

"At ease captain." said Khara. The man standing before him now had been accompanying them to the Assembly meeting to speak on behalf of the armed forces in former Nova Roma.

"He's the one responsible for taking out the remaining three guards." said Michael Arani. "He got the drop on them before the could focus their shots. Had it not been for him drawing their attention, things could have turned out far worse."

Khara nodded. "I am in your debt then captain. What can I do to repay such a loyal servant of the Dominion?"

The soldier, looking down and relaxing finally, shoke his head. "I need nothing sir. Duty is its own reward."

A spark seemed to turn on in Khara's eyes and he smilled. "I've got the perfect thing captain." Everyone looked quizically at Khra. "Consider yourself promoted to my personal guard."

The soldier looked shocked as he stared at the bed. "Sir...I mean highness, I don't know what to say. I...thank you." Khara chukcled and shoke his head. "Don't thank me yet. You've still got the basic Crimson Guard training to go through, and it wont be an easy job even after that. This is, if you want the job."

The captain nodded. "Of course!" he said with excitement. "Thank you highness. I wont let you down." He snapped to attentiona and saluted.

"Minsiter Arani here will show you to where you need to go. Now, if you'll excuse me for the moment. I think I need some rest." They all nodded, leaving the Patriarch to his rest.

Stepping outside the room once more, Danielle placed her arm on Michael to stop him. "Shouldn't we tell him about First Archon Tyler Anan?" she said. Michael shoke his head. "Let him get his rest right now. He's been through enough."

"What are we going to do though? With both the Patriarch and the First Archon out of commision, it could cause for even more unrest."

Michael stopped and turned towards Danielle. "We'll tell the public that both are fine and just need to recooperate. That's probably what's going to happen anyway. No sense in getting people even more worried."

"What about the Assembly? Who will lead the government while Khara recovers for the next two weeks?" she asked.

"The cabinet will make all executive decisions jointly. Although I suspect his highness will be back and involved before we know it. As for the First Archon...well we'll just have to wait and see on that."
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Sep 1 2006, 11:02 PM

To: Khazaronian Cabinet

The Free Republic notes with sadness the attacks upon the Patriarch and the First Archon.  We were once invaded by the nation that Nova Roma used to be, and we would like to send troops to help you fight both the Nova Romans, and the insurectionists in your western districts.  Only by working together can we stop this menace and get on with the business of serving the public.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 2 2006, 08:04 PM

TO:President Stone, Lamoni

On behalf of the whole cabinet, I would like to thank you for your offer of aiding us in this current conflict that we find ourselves embroiled in. While I am afraid we must decline your offer of aiding us in the western districts against the insurectionists, due to sensitive issues of foreign armies actively being on Khazaronian soil, we would welcome some aid in helping pacify the Roman forces.

Our current intel has informed us that the three major warlords of the area have recently allied themselves together in a triumverate government that is centered around the city of Nova Roma. Although in truth this "government" is little more than an alliance, even the implication of a return to the old Roman government has many concerned in Khazaron.

I would like to redirect you to General Skaro for any further inquiries on the issue, and I will notify him of your offer of aid. He is the current head of the Khazaronian Expeditionary Force in the Nova Roman areas, and is currently heading the offensive effort at K-Base Alpha, just south of the Roman bay.

Thank you for your help.

In the name of the Patriarch,

Michael Arani
Minister of Defense
Dominion of Khazaron
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Sep 2 2006, 10:23 PM

Having received a location on the Khazaronian base from General Skaro, Lamonian troops were fast arriving in Lamonian frieghters. From intelligence received during the trip, it was certain that these troops would be needed. The Lamonian forces were getting valuable experience in these brushfire wars, and President Stone was certain that it would be useful if the regional tension escalated into war.

The first Lamonian troops to arrive was the Lamonian First Infantry Division. Nicknamed 'The Immortals,' this unit had a long and distinguished history, for Lamonian arms. It was the first unit ever created in the Lamonian military, and had seen action in every Lamonian war or conflict. The men and officers were both good, and experienced. Many a general had been elevated to the Lamonian Joint Chiefs of Staff from this unit.

As they were unloading, mortar fire forced everyone on the landing beaches to duck. It looked like the indirect fire was coming from some hills about 70 meters or so away. Smoke grenades were triggered and thrown as the Lamonian troops advanced on the hills, eager to strike back at those that were firing on them.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 2 2006, 10:36 PM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: Sorry guys, I should've made clear that I wanted only issues relating to my plague and war lead-in RPs, so I kndly asked Vil to separate the threads. I hope you like the title, and once again, I apologize vehemently and ask for your forgiveneess. Cheers!
The Lowland Clans
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 3 2006, 11:41 PM

OOC: Actually, I had meant this to be the Khazaronian lead-in to the war. The goal was to get Khazaron in state of heightened tension and distrust towards the SAAS, prepping them nice and easy for the coming conflict. Also, so as not to have every nation pouncing on Star at once, I was going to have Khazaron sidetracked with both the Romans and the insurections. While I envisioned that anything pertaining to the Romans would be placed in the Influx thread I created, I do admit things got a little off-topic, so I apologize for that.
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Sep 12 2006, 11:45 AM

OOC: Apologies for the problem in un-intentionally leading your thread off. I just realized, after re-reading, that I had indeed been farther off than I originally though. I should have seen it the first time, my sincerest apologies.

In relation to that, Vil or Star, if either of you see this, I would kindly like to ask that you either delete or lock the thread, whatever the appropriate action would be. I'm retconning this thread and acting like it never happened. That and after looking it over I think a rushed things a bit anyway.

Thanks.
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Sep 12 2006, 12:53 PM

Thread closed, title edited, Khara resurrected.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Topic OptionsClosed TopicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0255 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->