Start new topic
Raising a toast to friendship
Posted: Aug 24 2006, 12:24 AM
PMEmail Poster

The following letter was sent to the leaders of all Atlantian Oceania nations. Accompanying the letter is a delicious fruit basket, and several bottles of the finest Aurendian liquors, sent as a token of friendship.

To [insert appropriate foreign minister-type person], [insert name of nation]

Greetings from the Republic of Aurendia! 

Some of you may have interacted with our national football squad, others we have never dealt with before.  Nonetheless, the time has come for the Republic of Aurendia to formally open relations with our fellow Atlantian Oceanian nations.

For far too long our government has avoided official contact with other nations.  No person ever left the nation on government business.  No ambassadors have ever crossed our borders.  No foreign leader has ever received so much as a “Hello” from this government. 

The time has come for this behavior to change.  Consider the enclosed fruit basket and booze as a gesture of friendship from our nation to yours.  We eagerly look forward to many positive and fruitful interactions between our great nations.

Sincerely,
Ms. Kalle Monoa, President of the Republic
Ms. Anya Symondsi, Minister of State
Aurendia
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 24 2006, 12:49 AM
PMEmail Poster

The Minister of Foriegn Affairs and Trade received the Telegram from the President and Minister of State of Aurendia. The following letter was sent in reply

To, Ms.  Kalle Monoa, President of the Republic and
Ms. Anya Symondsi, Minister of State of Aurendia

First of All, I'd like to thank you for the collection of alcholic beverages that was sent to me. A 12-pack of our nations most favoured alcohlic drink Forhey's Larger is attached. I always find that you can tell alot about a nation by it's favourite drinks.

We'd also like to establish a permanent diplomatic ties through that of a embassy-exchange. We have a embassy quarter in our capital and we would be happy to provide a building in this quarter to act as an embassy with an attached residential compound to accomodate an Ambassador and the appropriate staff, if you have any special requirements for an embassy we's be happy to accomodate these requirements as far as is reasonable for us to do so.

Should an Embassy exchange occur our first Ambassador to your nation would be Gregory Heath. I will be glad to see you again.

Your's Sincerly, Richard Menszae
Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade

This post has been edited by Bazalonia on Aug 24 2006, 12:50 AM
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 24 2006, 08:11 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Falcon munched the apple. "It's good fruit, I'll grant them that. I hope to enjoy the liquor later." He paused, and turned to his secretary. "Anna, my dear, have my chef prepare some Falcon á Paolo, and have it sent to these newcomers along with a bottle of something nice from the cellars. The Pinot Grigio of '89 would be ideal, the lead-coated bottle kept out most of the gamma radiation."
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 24 2006, 11:39 AM
PMEmail Poster

VP of Commerce Drake Richards sat at his desk and drank a glass of Aurendia's finest vintage.

"Mmmm... it's good, I'll give them that. They sure know how to open diplomatic relations well."

Placing the glass down on the red mahogany of his office desk, he began writing a response to Aurendia's telegram. When he was finished, he called for one of his aides, handed him the telegram, and said:

"Send this to Aurendia immediately. Also, send them back a bottle of wine. One from the government cellar." He thought for a moment. "One of the Algeron stock. Perhaps one of the 69 vintage. Raspberry Ice wine. Always a favourite. And also, put them on the schedule for the trade tour later this month."

"Is that all sir?"

"Yes. Your dismissed."

To: Ms. Kalle Monoa, President of the Republic
From: Drake Richards, VP of Commerce, The Incorporated States of United Meridian

On behalf of CEO Brendan Steven, and the people of the ISUM, I would like to offer to place you on the schedule for the ISUM Globalization Trade Tour later on this year. We will be visiting many countries in the Atlantian Oceania region and we would love to visit you as well. I await your reply.

Regards,
Drake Richards
Vice President of Commerce, The Incorporated States of United Meridian
ISUM Headquarters, Meridian City
United Meridian
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Aug 24 2006, 12:12 PM

Stone tried the liquor first. It was very good indeed. Then he called an aide in to send the following message, along with a dozen bottles of Flag lable Lamodka.

To:Ms. Kalle Monoa, President of the Republic
Ms. Anya Symondsi, Minister of State
Aurendia

Free Republic of Lamoni

The Free Republic thanks you for the gifts of liquor and fruit that have accompanied your diplomatic greeting.  We welcome you to the region of Atlantian Oceania as friends.  I am currently in Carrar on a state visit as this message is being sent to you, but I am open to a visit of your nation as soon as I am finished here.  In addition, we would like to see an embassy and cultural exchange.  We are attaching a picture of a possible embassy in our capitol city of Nephi that you could take over.  Thank you again for your gifts.

user posted image
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 24 2006, 07:51 PM
PMEmail Poster

From the desk of Robber Captain Ug-Mt

Ms. Kalle Monoa, President of the Republic
Ms. Anya Symondsi, Minister of State,

We in Az-cz are glad to recieve your fine offer. We enjoyed our match against your fine country in the Baptism of Fire and hope to establish a long and fruitful friendship with your country. We have sampled your fruits and must say they are splendid. What is the fruit that looks like a pink banana but that tastes like a kind of raspberry. It is truly divine. We would love to import that plant and begin growing it ourselves. As a token of appreciation we will be sending some native Az-czid goods to your country. Also we invite you to join the Kleptochase competitions. Although you are too late to register for the first Atlantian Oceania competition, you can still sign up for the world championships and of course compete in the second AOKCC. We also would like to organize an embassy exchange.

With respects,

Ug-Mt
Az-cz
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 24 2006, 09:25 PM
PMEmail Poster

"Attention Prime Minister, we just recieved a letter." an aide said, sticking his head into the office.

"So? We get a lot of letters." Elisar said, his feet up on his desk.

"This one came with booze."

Elisar blinked. "Hurry up, bring it in." Glancing at the bottles arrayed on the desk, he read the letter quickly. "We could get along with these people. Draft a letter."

"Yes, sir."

"Dear whatstheirname, thank you for your kind gift, and would be most interested in the opening of peaceful relations. However, as we don't have happily-prebuilt locations prepared for foriegn embassies, the Foriegn Ministery will have to search for a suitable location for your foriegn mission. However, while this process is underway, we happily invite you as our guests to come and enjoy a bit of the barley soda and take part in some friendly drinking competitions. Ari Elisar, blah blah blah. Got it?"

"Yes, sir, we'll send it right away."

"Fantastic."
Casari
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 25 2006, 01:16 AM
PMEmail Poster

To: Richard Menszae, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Bazalonia

Mr. Menszae,
I share the belief that a nation’s favorite drinks can tell a lot about them, and if Forhey’s is any indication, yours is a mighty fine nation.

We will need a few weeks to finish work on appropriate structures, but an embassy-exchange would be most welcome. In the meantime Mr. Heath is more than welcome to operate out of temporary space in our capital Three Rivers.

If it is reasonable, we request that our embassy buildings match the same strict environmental sustainability standards that we require our own buildings to meet. If this is acceptable, you can expect Jack McManus as our ambassador.

Signed,
Anya Symondsi, Minister of State

----------------------------------------------------
To: King Falcon, Falcania

Thank you for your response. The Falcon a Paolo was magnificent, and the ’89 Pinot complemented it very nicely. I hope that we can communicate further in the future.

This post has been edited by Aurendia on Aug 25 2006, 01:25 AM
Aurendia
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 25 2006, 01:28 AM
PMEmail Poster

To: Drake Richards, VP of Commerce, Incorporated States of United Meridian

Mr. Richards,
Thank you for the ’69 Algernon. A beverage of such quality reflects well on your nation as a whole. Aurendia will gladly receive you during your Globalization Trade Tour later this year.

Signed,
Anya Simondsi, Minister of State

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: President Stone, Free Republic of Lamoni

Let us open by thanking you for the excellent Lamodka. Once your current travels are finished, you will be welcome to visit our nation at any time. We accept the offer of an embassy and cultural exchange. The building selected for our use seems to meet our standards, and Kyle Parkhurst has been selected as our representative in Nephi. At the moment we are finishing up construction on the Lamoni Embassy, but it should be complete within a few weeks. As an initial form of cultural exchange, we propose student exchanges and study abroad programs between Aurendian and Lamoni schools and universities. We look forward to bringing our great nations closer together.
Aurendia
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 25 2006, 01:31 AM
PMEmail Poster

To: Robber Captain Ug-Mt
Martin Waneiwa, Minister of the Environment

We also remember our match against your Gnomes in the Baptism of Fire, although we do wish the result had gone differently. With respect to entry in the Kleptochase championships, this is a nation with a very athletic populace, so there is a very good chance we will participate in many more sporting events.

We are glad to hear that you like the highland zillifruit, and you can certainly expect more shipments headed your way. We are however wary of exporting the plant itself, as it could cause problems for the environment of Az-Cz. The highland zillifruit grows extremely quickly, and spreads rapidly thanks to aerial dispersion of its seeds. Additionally, while the fruit itself is very nutritious and delicious, the leaves of the zillifruit tree are filled with a potent defensive toxin. In its native cloud-forest habitat there are several herbivores that have co-evolved with the zillifruit, and are thus unaffected by these toxins. As far as we can tell native Az-Cz species are unlikely to have any immunity to the zillifruit’s toxins, and combined with the rapid spread of the plant, there will not be any defense against the plant becoming an exotic invasive species.

An embassy exchange is acceptable between Az-Cz and Aurendia. Elizabeth Vanderhall has already been selected to serve as ambassador.

------------------------------------------------------
To: Ari Elizar, Prime Minister, Confederated Colonies of Casari

We understand that we may have to wait for an embassy, as we have the same delay on our end, but nevertheless we accept an embassy exchange. In the meantime, our ambassador Alex Dunn is among the officials who look forward to friendly drinking competitions, as competitive drinking is our national sport and a favorite activity for all Aurendians.
Aurendia
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 25 2006, 01:36 AM
PMEmail Poster

From the desk of Robber Captain Ug-Mt

Kalle Monoa, President of the Republic
Martin Waneiwa, Minister of the Environment,

Dear respected leaders,

We are sorry to hear about the inability to transport the fruits to Az-cz for growth. Perhaps it would be possible to establish a greenhouse specifically for the growing of said fruit. Regardless we definitely plan on importing as much of these heavenly fruits as we can.

We have space for your embassy arranged and our looking forward to the arrival of ambassador Vanderhall. In return we will be sending An-Wn as ambassador to Aurendia. Please let us know when you are ready for her arrival.

With respects,

Ug-Mt
Az-cz
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 25 2006, 10:23 PM

To: Kalle Monoa, President of the Republic

Free Republic of Lamoni

We will welcome Kyle Parkhurst as an accredited ambassador from your nation, and will send Tom Lawford as our ambassador to Aurendia.  We also agree to the proposed exchange student and study abroad programs.  It is our feeling that both of our fine nations will have much to learn from each other.  I should very much be delighted to visit your fine nation after I have finished my affairs of state in Carrar with their Nordaun. 

With respects,
President Stone
Free Republic of Lamoni
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 25 2006, 11:11 PM
PMEmail Poster

Dear Kalle Monoa, President of the Republic, Aurendia,

Thank you for the fruits and the alcoholic beverages. With this letter is attached some bottles of our finest liquors. I personally hope you're gonna love them.

I also hope you don't have any problem dealing with a woman. The only thing that will be different is the fact that one week per month, I want to go to war against everyone in Atlantian Oceania. That's a joke actually, don't believe that.

On another stance, I must tell you that I'm not really internationalist, but my cabinet is internationalist, so I'm accepting your invitation. But don't take that as a "I accept this because I'm forced to". So, I'm accepting to exchange embassies with pleasure.

Sincerely,
Johanne Durocher, President of Oliverry
Septentrionia
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 25 2006, 11:47 PM
PMEmail Poster

To: Anya Symondsi, Minister of State
From: Richard Menszae, Minister of Foreign Affairs & Trade
Subject: Re:Embassy Exchange

We will be happy to oblige such requirements. The embassy building is currently being re-designed to incorporate natural heating and cooling in many areas, such as incorporating large thermal mass, orientation to the sun and many other areas in accordance to such building regulations in the nation of Aurendia. Along with the residential complex.

We want to ensure that we are as good as hosts as we can be. We will keep you updated on the progress of construction, Mr Heath is currently on his way on a Bazalonian Diplomatic plane to present his diplomatic credentials.
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 26 2006, 12:54 AM
PMEmail Poster

"A war once a month, huh. Haven’t heard that old chestnut in a while.” thought the Minister of State, reading the letter from Oliverry,.

When she had finished reading, she set out writing a response to President Durocher, as well as adding to the Environmental Ministry's reponse to Az-Cz.

To: Johanne Durocher, President of Oliverry

Bonjour Mademoiselle Durocher,

Thank you for your response, free liquor is always delicious liquor.  I have to assume that “Kalle” and “Anya” must be uncommon names in Oliverry if you think we would have a problem dealing with female heads of state.  More importantly, since the beginnings of human settlement in Aurendia, our society has viewed the sexes as equal, so of course a person’s gender has no bearing on any Aurendian’s view of that person. 

Our decision to open relations has also met its fair share of domestic opposition.  All the same, any democratic government must reflect the wishes of the electorate if they wish to keep governing.  I hope that you will come to accept that more positives come from open relations than negatives.  We will accept an embassy exchange, and Robert Newell has already been selected as our ambassador to Oliverry.

Bonne chance,

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Robber Captain Ug-Mt,

Ambassador An-Wn may arrive as soon as you wish, as the Az-Cz embassy is essentially completed at this point with just minor exterior work being all that remains to be done.

Greenhouses may be an acceptable way to grow highland zillifruit, so long as conditions equal the fruit’s cloud-forest habitat: high concentrations of mycorrhizal soil fungi, between 3500-6000 feet in elevation, constant mist, and 12 hours of sunlight daily.  Regardless, local growers are overjoyed at the prospect of exporting to Az-Cz.

Signed,
Martin Waneiwa, Minister of the Environment
Aurendia
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (2) [1] 2 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0218 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->