Start new topic
Formation of regional trade organisation
Posted: Aug 24 2006, 09:21 PM
PMEmail Poster

“But since the odds of three of the four representatives being from nations that support the use of trade barriers as a solution to their problems are something like 1 in 1, this organization does nothing beyond ‘encouraging’ trade.”
Commerce Heights
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 25 2006, 05:48 AM
PMEmail Poster

"Well, the standard trade between all member nations would be whatever the AORFTO Agreement we decide. In my opinion it's the strength of the standard agreement that will determine how effective the AORFTO is. The "over-sight" of the TDJ can only grant exceptions. And execptions are just that, exceptions to the rule. A strong free-trade nation as yours would be extremely valuable during the creation of the AORFTO Agreement. It would be a great shame for the AORFTO lack a nation as strong economically as yours."

OOC: Vote for the new charter
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 26 2006, 05:44 PM
PMEmail Poster

Charter is still up for vote, only has received 3 vote. Please all potential AORFTO's members please vote.
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 28 2006, 08:29 PM
PMEmail Poster

Can people that voted no start being verbal (either in the vote thread or here?)
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 30 2006, 07:43 AM
PMEmail Poster

"Okay, that looks like people have voted down the second proposed AORFTO Charter. A 3-3 draw. Can I ask those that voted against to explain their position so necessary changes can be made to the charter? That would certainly be appreciated." said Richard in a final attempt to get the AORFTO off the ground.

This post has been edited by Bazalonia on Aug 30 2006, 07:44 AM
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 30 2006, 08:54 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

A msyterious voice appears through the ether...

"We voted for it, don't look at us."

The voice fades as quickly as it came.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Sep 4 2006, 06:13 AM
PMEmail Poster

"Well, considering the lack of any apparent reason why the charter is wrong. I'm going to ask all nations to sign. I have copies ready, and will distribute the copies of the charter. Copies will be sent to those that have left. This is now in your hands ladies and gentlemen. I leave the documents in your hands. Once whatever procedures you need for your national government to ratify this charter, return the documents to the AORFTO Headquarters which will be in Drago. I do believe there is some time so if you are willing I have an outing pre-pared should we have the chance. If you would like to come meet us in 20 minutes in the hotel Lobby. Thank you." said Richard as the aides distributed the documents containing the charter of the AORFTO and various other documents.

OOC: AORFTO Sign up thread is in the AORFTO forum under the regional council main forum. See you there.
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 5 2006, 12:35 AM
PMEmail Poster

Θεοτοκόπουλος suddenly awoke as Menszae talked of signing the charter.

“Huh? Didn’t I just tell you what was wrong with the charter? No? Oh, I must have fallen asleep…”

She placed the charter in a fancy folder, left the room, and pressed the button on the transporter device marked RETURN.
Commerce Heights
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 15 2006, 12:14 AM
PMEmail Poster

95X and its Provincial Dictatorship, Scottfire, publicly announce that we have reviewed what we assume to be the most recent (albiet rejected) proposal.

We're intrigued by the idea, as we're new to AO (OOC - and new to RPing on NS), and feel a regional trade agreement and/or organization would mutually benefit both our nation and others in AO by removing what we're sure would be years of political red tape of attempting to hammer out individual agreements between ourselves and our new neighbors, as well as determine how others in the region can benefit from what we feel are favorable business climates in our nations.

However, as we are large nations that have recently arrived in the region, we are mostly concerned of our domestic issues at this time, and any activity in such an organization would be minimal until we're settled in. This doesn't mean it's unneeded: The Pacific City Courier, 95X's largest newspaper, recently ran an editorial questioning why international participation hasn't picked up since moving from what was most recently a three member region to an "expansive" one; and Scottfire's state-monopoly media is encouraging its people to stop resisting State work orders, and comply "or else."
95X-Scottfire
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (6) « First ... 4 5 [6] 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0225 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->