Start new topic
Prime Ministerial Tour of Atlantian Oceania (All)
Posted: Jul 14 2006, 11:00 PM
PMEmail Poster

The meeting with the Chacorans where short and pleasant, Prime Minister Hawdon and Richard Menszae soon where on the plane and went on their way to Milchama.

- Falcania
- Nedalia
- The Lowland Clans
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 23 2006, 02:15 AM
PMEmail Poster

On the way to Milchama an aide was looking at the schedule..

"Uh, Sir" said the aide to the Prime Minister Stephen Hawdon...
"The Milchaman's won't be able to accept us at the moment, they are very busy and won't have the time to meet with you. I do believe that Falcania would be functional."

The Bazalonian diplomatic plane Bravo Alpha Zulu zero-zero-one diverted to the Falcanian international airport.
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 25 2006, 03:58 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

"Bravo Alpha Zulu zero-zero-one, this is Kilo Foxtrot India Tower One, you are cleared for landing on runway 4, terminal one, over." The flight controller clicked on the runway lights for runway four and illuminated the walkway to the VIP Lounge, where King Falcon sat, ready to greet the foreign dignitaries. "Enjoy your stay in Falcania."
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 25 2006, 08:42 PM
PMEmail Poster

Prime Minister Hawdon and the Foreign Minister both stepped out of the plane and onto the group of the airport. The light's guiding the way to the ViP lounge where visible and they headed on their way to meet the king of Falcania. King Falcon.

The Prime Minister arrived and greeted the king, "Thank you for letting me come to your wonderful country. What's first on the itinerary?"
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 25 2006, 09:13 PM

"Hmm, let me see." Falcon groped in his pockets for a piece of paper. "You know, making an itinerary would have been a good idea. I was hoping to play this by ear. If you like we could take a car to the palace. Or there's a variety of aircraft in the Royal Aerodrome if you'd like to take a flight. Or you could specify any location within the borders of the realm and you'll be taken there. What would you like to do first?"
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 25 2006, 10:25 PM
PMEmail Poster

"The Palace seems like a good place for discussions, It'll also allow me to get a reasonably good look at the country as we pass by. I prefer driving then going by plane but being a water bound nation we don't really have that option. But I would like to see something that you might like to show off."

said Stephen before he added "Oh, I like playing things by ear, well on the occasion."
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 26 2006, 09:27 AM

"Tell you what. I'll show you something really special." Falcon walked to what appeared to be a golf cart. "Hop in." Stephen sat down in the passenger seat, and Falcon drove them to the Royal Aerodrome. They walked out. A large, bulbous object covered in a vast tarpaulin lay before them. It was about a hundred metres long, and fifteen metres tall. Falcon turned to the nearest worker. "Take off the sheet." The worker nodded and talked into his radio briefly. A large winch pulled off the tarpaulin, revealing the behemoth. Superficially it resembled a winged zeppelin, but it was much sleeker. A series of jet engines glinted in the moonlight. "I'm really proud of this. What do you think?"
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 26 2006, 07:56 PM
PMEmail Poster

"Impressive..." said Stephen as he looked over the aircraft.. "Is this a new design for mass production or a special one of design of the king." there was silent awe as he looked over the plane. "Wow". he said eventually
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 26 2006, 09:17 PM

"This, my good man, is the future. You may or may not know that we in Falcania don't have a navy. But soon we will. Not of ships, but of airships such as this one." Falcon rose, and put a hand on its surface. "There's a ropeladder somewhere. Want to come and find it?"

Half an hour later, Hawdon, Falon and Menzsae were standing on the bridge of the airship, as it soared high above Falcania. The large reinforced glass windows showed a beautiful view of the countryside below. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" Falcon was looking not at the ground, but at the sky. "The sky is the one thing everywhere on this planet has in common. it's big, far bigger than the sea." He paused. "I think we Falcanians have always had a fascination with the sky, even before Darwin pulled this cruel joke on us." He stroked his feathery forearms tenderly. "I say cruel, it's a good thing. It has brought us collectively further to our dreams. Not that we all survived. Mutation is a horrible process. Many died, many were horribly disfigured. We who live today, we are the lucky ones." He turned to Hawdon, surprised at himself. "I'm sorry, I have been told I go on. Where exactly in Falcania did you have in mind?"
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 26 2006, 10:01 PM
PMEmail Poster

Stephen felt priviledged to see the airship, he found his way up onto the deck and the sensation as it lifted off the grounds and headed into the sky. Switching from looking to the ground below and where he had been and to the sky ahead. It almost felt that he was SuperDude and flying through the air.

"I feel so far from the ground... but then again, so very safe. It's almost like If there was no glass here that I could reach out and pluck a star." hawdon said... Richard meanwhile was in awe of the sensation and just bathed in the experience his sense where being bombarded with.

then the King spoke his diatribe

"I think it says so much for the Falcanians that you had managed to overcome the deadly radiation, as for the destination I think the palace would be a good place for us to start the formal portion. This has been a great treat for me. Thank you."
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 26 2006, 10:23 PM

Falcon cracked a grin. "You're perfectly welcome. This is Falcania, and I'm a king. It's what we do. The palace, you say? I'm afraid that we're not allowed to land this anywhere except the Royal Aerodrome for reasons of national security. Would you prefer a plane, parachute or hang-glider to take you down to the palace?"
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 26 2006, 11:01 PM
PMEmail Poster

"I suddenly feel like hang-gliding, It's not an option I would usually go for but I think riding in the airship is doing something to me." said Stephen

"Uh... I'm not quiite sure... I prefer the plane." said Richard

"Aww, come on. In fact actually how about we parachute... " responded Stephen

"No.. just no way. No way am I jumping out of a plane thousands of metres above the ground." protested Richard

"Sorry, Parachuting it is." said Stephen with a slight grin

"Alright, alright. I'll hang-glide... you happy?" more of a statement than a question

"yes." talking to Richard before starting talking to the king. "Well, hang-gliding it is then." he said with a smile.
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 27 2006, 05:39 AM

"Then it's settled. You two take the hang gliders. Follow me." He led them down into the rear of the airship. "Open the door!" A crewman pulled a switch, and the floor ramped out, revealing an open hatch. "There are the hang-gliders, I assume you know how to use them? Great! Follow me!" Without further ado Falcon ran down the ramp and jumped out of the airship. He freefell for a few seconds, then opened his wide wings. Falcon never felt happier than when he was flying. He fell into a corkscrew down, then swooped up again. He turned to see how the others were doing.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 27 2006, 06:08 AM
PMEmail Poster

"You right with those?" Stephen asked Richard as he got into his own hanglider

"Yes, I have done this before."

"The last one out of the airship is a Bazalope Burger." stated Stephen as he leapt out of the airship and started gliding towards the ground. He looked around and admired the view of the ground coming closer tousing the bar to turn and navigate the glider around he was having a wonderful time..

meanwhile Richard was charging out of the the plane yelling his head off.. He didn't like heights but he had hang-glider experience. just not at these heights... "oh ****, oh ****, oh **** " was what he muttered as he did so.

The ground loomed up before him and closed his eyes for a moment and then he opened his eyes... the ground was there and he could feel that he was certainly approaching the ground but for some reason he didn't feel as scared. Even attempting a barrel roll, which he did.

Fun was being had by all.
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Jul 27 2006, 01:22 PM

After about five minutes of gliding, the trio had reached the palace. Falcon alighted, slightly out of breath, on the large patio on the third storey, overlooking the larger patio on the ground floor. There was a bar there, and he ordered a drink.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (9) « First ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0164 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->