Start new topic
Another Draft: Scientific Freedom replacement

Do you support this proposal?
Yes, You've done good [ 3 ]  [100.00%]
Yes, but I have some sugestions to make it better (Post below) [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I will be abstaining. This matters why? [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I will be abstaining. This needs work done before I support it [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
No, because of principle [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
No, I think this needs major work and will not support it for now [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3
Guests cannot vote 
Posted on Apr 9 2006, 02:44 AM
PMEmail Poster

Freedom of Scientific Research

Category: Free Trade
Strength: Mild

RECOGNISING the many benefits of scientific research such as, medical drugs, procedures and practices, more environmentally friendly technologies, More efficient and effective time-saving devices,

BELIEVING that scientists should be able to research any legal topic without undue restrictions on the research or the results of that research,

UNDERSTANDING that scientific advances that are made for the betterment of the life of any persons should be available to all UN nations,

DEFINES 'home-grown scientific endeavour' for the purpose of this resolution as any scientific theory, procedure, law or any goods derived from scientific research within that UN Member nation, not including any weapons, weapon components, weapon systems, blueprints or technologies whose purpose is of a destructive nature.

DEFINES 'scientific research' as one or more experiments carried out under the methodology of the Scientific Method to gain data and test a hypothesis,

DEFINES 'scientific equipment' as any equipment used to aid in scientific research.

DEFINES 'areas of research' for the purpose of this resolution as any topic, methodology or practice that is to be researched or can be used during the research process,

DEFINES 'scientist' as any person performing scientific research in an honest and straightforward manner with both the government as well as any person taking part in the scientific research

The United Nations General Assembly hereby,

STRONGLY ENCOURAGES governments to streamline policies and procedures for the legal exportation of home-grown scientific endeavours;

RE-ITERATES governmental rights to regulate or prohibit distribution of explosives or other dangerous materials, such as radioactive isotopes;

RE-ITERATES governmental rights to determine whether certain areas of research are illegal or not;

MANDATES that any scientist wishing to conduct research in an area of research that is illegal in their home nation may relocate (as well as their immeadiate family) to another UN Member nation that does not have bans on such scientific research;

STRONGLY URGES governments to loosen restrictions placed on scientific research by:
a. Removing or loosening of restrictions on where scientific research can take place, excluding basic health and safety requirements for the people researching, as well as the environment in which the research is taking place,
b. Removing or loosening of restrictions on obtaining scientific equipment, unless there are specific and substantial safety issues involved,
c. Re-evaluating restrictions on materials used during scientific research and removing or loosening restrictions on as many materials as it is safe to do so.
This was something I started on a while ago and this is it's current draft.

A current version will be maintained on the Jolt Forums here
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted on Apr 9 2006, 04:46 PM
PMEmail Poster

I like it Baz. Good work.

I noticed you need endorsements to get this proposed. I have given you my endorsement, and encourage any other AO member to do the same.
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted on Apr 9 2006, 10:16 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Very good Baz. I'll give you my endorsement just as soon as i've finished with this board for the day.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted on Apr 23 2006, 10:16 PM
PMEmail Poster

This proposal has been submitted.... hope to see it voted on at the UN soon...
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted on Jul 10 2006, 08:12 PM
PMEmail Poster

This proposal has come to a quorum and is up for vote.

I urge all AO to vote for this proposal...
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0165 ]   [ 16 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->