Start new topic
OOC Interest Thread
Posted: Sep 24 2005, 08:43 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Allo,

What I'm wanting to do is a character RP (i.e. not war or telegram-diplomacy) of Starblaydi Police taking over Aquiliana. What I would like from you guys is to play some opposing (or maybe not) roles, the part of the Aquilianan people who don't quite want me there.

Lamoni has already expressed his interest in having a character who plays on both sides for his own benefit, and a couple or more of protestors/terrorist/freedom fighter/anti-Starblaydi characters would be cool tool. The more the merrier, basically, and you can have people fighting the Purple Power in your posts with your national flag proudly displayed next to it and not have any IC comebacks as you'd all be Aquilianan characters, lo.

As Starblaydia spends around 30% of its GDP on Law & Order, the police are highly trained, well funded and well equipped (god knows they need to be) to effectively be a mini light army, which is why there are no Starblaydi Armed Forces in Aquiliana yet.

So if you think you might want to join in to fight (and ultimately lose to, of course) Starblaydi Imperialism with a character or two post your interest or maybe even some sort of character bio if you have any ideas.

Star.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Sep 24 2005, 09:42 PM
PMEmail Poster

Here's an idea for a character...

NAME: Artemis Taylor
DESCRIPTION: Mid forties, short black hair greying at the temples. Well chiselled features, crows feet around the eyes just beginning to show. Well-cut navy suit with Krytenian crest. Sensible shoes. Personal friend to Chairman Hessenthaler.
POSITION: Krytenian Ambassador to Aquiliana
LOCATION: Holed up in the Krytenian Embassy due to the anarchy outside. *Cough* May require police attention to get him out *Cough*
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 25 2005, 07:02 AM

That's the spirit, Kry, Man that was so funny! :D.

If Lamoni and Hypocria could put something similar down for the characters they're thinking of using, that'd be great. Then I'll add in a few of the Police characters who'll be in it (probably Kat Di Lonrenzi and Nate West - who were in the Di Bradini Code).

I'd very much like at least one person to be an Aquilianan, as I'll surely be having to control at least one of the terrorist-types in order to mesh the story together and keep it flowing. Characters and ideas to come soon.

This RP can start whenever, really, it's not a time-crucial thing that i do it before Bedi colours Aquiliana that distinct shade of purple, ha ha, but it's certainly something I'd like to do - better than an unopposed storyline from me taking over a new bit of land (and probably the last expansion for a good long while, as this is the island i've been after for ages, Ahh, a good laugh.)
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Sep 25 2005, 04:41 PM
PMEmail Poster

One character . . .

Name: Victor Skacel

Description: Relatively nondescript man in his mid thirties. Seems to have a passion for black.

Position: Former employee of the Cronos Armaments Corporation. Discovered organising black market weapons deals to certain undesirable groups. Oh, that and the embezzling. Skipped town before the authorities got to him. Now works as a freelance weapons dealer and gun runner. Top of CronArmCorps hit list after he raided one of their depots.

Location: Unknown at present. Currently thinking of a sneaky way to get weapons past the Starblaydi navy and into Aquiliana

This post has been edited by Hypocria on Sep 25 2005, 04:42 PM
Hypocria
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Sep 25 2005, 04:52 PM

NAME: Craig Thomas
DESCRIPTION: Rather plain looking with blonde hair, blue eyes; the kind of person who would dissapear in a crowd. He's 5 feet 10 inches tall, and is a purveyor of information to the highest bidder.
POSITION: Information Purveyor
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 30 2005, 11:06 AM

Update: Hypocria is thinking about changing his character as this one was created in mind with him joining the SDL and attempting to scupper Starblaydia's plans.

Khazaron has expressed interest in the Aquilianan terrorist-type-Leader, Hockey Canada is also considering joining, though hasn't figured out which side yet.

Kry and Lamoni, your characters look fine so far, while mine are still being thought about. (note that Officers West and Di Lorenzi are already in Aquiliana, as shown in my latest 'Sarzonia Eyes What's Left' thread.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Oct 1 2005, 09:16 AM

[Edit: w00t, 900 posts!]

Name: Quintus Vindibonus
Description: Aquilianan patriot, tall and slim, short dark hair. Believes in Aquiliana for Aquilianans. Former Chemistry student (kaboom) and poilitical activist.
Position: Freedom Fighter Lieutenant/Right-hand man
Location, Nidola, Aquiliana (capital)

Name: Officer Nathaniel (Nate) West
Description: Mean, cynical, easily-irritated Starblaydi beat cop on the not-so-mean-any-more streets of Jhanna. Close-cropped haircut, athletic build. Partner to Kat Di Lorenzi
Position: Police Officer

Name: Officer Katarina (Kat) Di Lorenzi
Description: Starblaydi beat cop on the not-so-mean-any-more streets of Jhanna. Understanding and sympathetic. Blonde, average-to-slim build. Partner to Nate West.
Position: Police Officer
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Oct 1 2005, 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Starblaydia @ Sep 30 2005, 04:06 PM)
Update: Hypocria is thinking about changing his character as this one was created in mind with him joining the SDL and attempting to scupper Starblaydia's plans.

Up-update: Victor Skacel (Hypocria) will still play the same character, but he'll be a rogue criminal arms dealer rather than a government-sponsored one.

And you people are allowed to post in this thread, Man that was so funny! :D, rather than just TGing me and such biggrin.gif
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Oct 1 2005, 01:34 PM
PMEmail Poster

Good point.

Yep, what he said. The Government of Hypocria have absolutely no connection to Mr Skacel whatsoever. Honest.
Hypocria
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Oct 1 2005, 02:36 PM
PMEmail Poster

Name: Joe Cugno
Description: Formerly the top pilot in Aquiliana, he was accepted into some of the top flight schools in Starblaydia, Fmjphoenix and Hockey Canada. The collapse of his country has driven him to believe he needs to defend his homeland. 6"4, strong build and good intelligence.
Position: Lieutenant
Hockey Canada
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Oct 2 2005, 07:33 AM
PMEmail Poster

Name: Abdul-Nasser Emir
Description: 5'11", Arabic, discreet, efficient.
Position: Islamic extremist who finds work wherever the imperialist pigs display their arrogance.
Location: Currently attempting to gather support for his cause against the Starblaydi occupation in Aquiliana. Results? Very successful.
Nova Roma
Fortified Caesar
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 3 2005, 08:50 AM
PMEmail Poster

Name: Ed Wilson

Description: 5'10", unshaven and scruffy, yet at the same time somewhat stylish. Reeks of booze. Highly unpredictable due to the amount of alcohol in his body.

Position: Leader of the Free Alcoholic Army, but is indebted to the Starblaydis as it was their vodka producers who funded the "Keep Druida Drunk" campaign. Wilson claims that his group are 100% indebted to the "Keep Druida Drunk" campaign, and therefore feels he needs to pay Starblaydia back. However, would you want to associate yourself with this man.

Location: Currently just outside the north-eastern borders of Druida in what has been termed "Rogue Alcoholic States". Is armed with a number of Dodgeball: Goliath balls.
Rogue Alcoholic States
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 5 2005, 10:07 AM

Right, I would think that's enough players to be getting on with, unless anyone desperately wants to join. We have some 'goodies', some 'baddies' and some in between, hurrah.

One title and a suitably-useful opening post is all i need to do now, Ahh, a good laugh.. Should be up by the end of today.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Oct 5 2005, 07:39 PM

Name: Allen Bailey

Description: 6' 5", long reddish-brown hair that is usually tied into a pony-tail, has blue eyes and stubble all about his face. Keeps himself in fairly decent shape, maintaining a well-toned body. He wears a tattered Aquilianan military jacket, with a white t-shirt underneath, fraye camo pants and old leather boots that are usually caked in mud and dirt.

Position: Leader of the Aquilianan Liberation Army, a group he formed not long after the invasion of the Starblaydi Army. It started off as consisting primarily of former soldiers that served with Allen when he was in the army, but has since grown rapidly due to his natural charisma. Before the invasion, Allen served as a Lieutenant in the Aquilianan Armed Forces, and was said to be quite the strategist. Unfortunately for him, his skills do not help him much now as the ALA is running low on supplies and finding it hard to get past Starblaydi patrols and blockades.

Location: Currently unknown, although it is rumored he is within the Aquilianan capital somewhere.

OOC: Sorry for taking so long to get this posted Star.
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Oct 6 2005, 04:59 AM

Couple of things:

HC and Khazaron: Aquilianan names are Latin - as in go watch Gladiator or Spartacus for insipration, for instance. Even is your characters just end up as 'Joeus Cugnus' and 'Allus Bailus', for instance, it's one of thse things I'm picky about.

Plus, specifically to Khazaron, the Starblaydi Army is nowhere near Aquiliana, its just the Police (who are effectively a lightly-equipped army, but 'The Army' aren't around).

Otherwise sounds great!
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (2) [1] 2 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0194 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->