Start new topic
AOBC IV Rosters/RP Thread
Posted: Jan 7 2007, 07:24 PM
PMEmail Poster

[20:12:58] [INFO] Attempting to connect to “irc.baza.net.bz”. Use /cancel to abort.
[20:12:59] [INFO] Connecting to irc://irc.baza.net.bz/ (irc://irc.baza.net.bz/)...
[20:13:03] === *** Looking up your hostname...
[20:13:10] === *** Found your hostname
[20:13:11] === Welcome to the BazaNet IRC Network
B_Dribbler!@113.23.2.112
[20:13:19] === Joining Channel "#AORBC"
[20:13:21] =-= Topic for #AORBC is “General AORBC Discussion Only All matches Over. Bazalonia through to finals (Men & Women)”
[20:13:44] <B_Dribbler> Wow, what a series of upsets.... BAZ WINS!
[20:13:53] <B_Ball_GOD> Oh for... not you again.
[20:14:10] -->| Gn0m3_teh_1337(cool@host16-142-32-71.range140.a-c) has joined #AORBC
[20:14:11] * BazaFan drags the corpses of Lamoni and Myrtannia into his trophy room, set his sights on Az-cz and Ereeland for the finals.
[20:14:16] <Gn0m3_teh_1337> Pfft. GNOME POWER!
[20:14:22] <B_Dribbler> Begone foul Gnome! tongue.gif
[20:14:37] <Gn0me_teh_1337> You got me laughing on that one!. Bazalonia... Bow before the might of Az-cz!
[20:14:42] <D_Bribbler> We would if we weren't scared of knocking you on your head. tongue.gif
[20:14:51] <Gn0m3_teh_1337> Oh, hahah, funny. NOT!
[20:15:15] * Gn0me_teh_1337 reads Az-Cz's 7-1 record against Bazalonia's laughable 4-4
[20:15:42] <Bazafan> Pfft. That's what these guys said about Lamoni. At least we bring it when it counts.
[20:15:59] <Gn0me_teh_1337> Lamoni, hah Hugh's nickname obvious was a SuperDude ripoff.
[20:16:08] <B_Ball_GOD> OMFG, SuperDude ROCKS!!!111!oneoneonetwo!!!1!
[20:16:16] <B_Dribbler> Oh, yeah. It pwns, it pwns hard! Oh, and I heard they are going to do some sort of SuperDude movie too. Though I don't think it will be mainly about SuperDude.
[20:16:31] <Bazafan> Hugh = not so Super *nod*
[20:16:51] <D_Bribbler> You know if they got that ball in the net in that long range shot we would not be having this discussion?
[20:17:12] <Gn0m3_teh_1337> That's because you suck. tongue.gif Anyway I'm off. I'll be looking forward to a Bazalonian loss in the finals. Later.
[20:17:19] <--| Gn0m3_teh_1337 has left #AORBC ("Good luck with the Silver!")
[20:17:38] <Bazafan> Pfft, like we can't beat them. I mean look at Lamoni
[20:17:59] <D_Bribbler> It's going to be hard but it's doable.
[20:18:20] <B_Ball_GOD> any B_Drib, who do oyu think is man of the tournament so far?
[20:18:37] <B_Dribbler> For Bazalonia, gotta be the Cap, he's pulled the team together in time for the finals. As for everyone else. Can't really say. Alot of good players.
[20:18:43] <B_Ball_GOD> Aye, good choice. As internationally despite his slighly poor performance against us, Hugh Humber is certainly up there. Even if his nick is a total rip off of SuperDude.
[20:19:01] <B_Dribbler> Well, Gotta go, Sees yas on for the finals!
[20:19:04] === Leaving Channel "#AORBC"
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 7 2007, 10:41 PM
PMEmail Poster

Meanwhile in another Channel.... #|-|4xx0rz

<13eT> Guess what?
<CaRMIcHeaL> What 13eTy?
<13eT> Made some Basketball Dwebs think I was an Az-cz fan... hahahah
<CaRMIcHeaL> coolzorz
<CaRMIcHeaL> What name did you use?
<13eT> Gn0me_teh_1337, hahahah. I even hacked into one of the Az-cz servers.. You got me laughing on that one!

* Notice: It is a federal crime for Bazalonian citizens to represent themselves as a citizen of another nationality on the internet for the sole purpose of defaming citizens of those nations. You are being warned. You will be booted from this server, continued offenses may result in network-wide bans and server logs may be forwarded to the federal police.

=-= 13eT was booted from #|-|4xx0rz by SysOp (Committed Federal crime)
=-= CaRMIcHeaL was booted from #|-|4zz0rz (Warning)
=-= Mode #|-|4xxorz set +C

OOC: mode +C means that the channel is currently Closed, no one can access it.
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 8 2007, 09:47 AM
PMEmail Poster

From the Pacific City Courier
Women Face Bazalonia in Finals
Win over Ereeland puts 95X in its first finals
Myrtannia - One day after the Men's 105-94 loss to Bazalonia, the women from 95X suddenly became the only team from the nation in the Atlantian Oceania Basketball Championship.
And, an 88-85 win over Ereeland, which saw 20-point performances by both Kristin and Danielle Hazel, has vaulted them into the final round against - Bazalonia.
The women went 1-1 against the Dribbling Bazettes in the group round, and have new reason to try to win the game. Not just for the championship, but also to do something the men didn't - defeat Bazalonia in the Tournament Round.
"Several people have asked me why we're not discounting this," says Mark Walters, Women's Coach, on the fact the AOBC had only four women's participants. "I tell them if they played their sport for their country, they'd understand."
The 95X Women went 3-4 in group play; Bazalonia's Women were 2-5, and knocked off favorites Myrtannia.
95X-Scottfire
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 8 2007, 07:33 PM
PMEmail Poster

Bazalonian Basketball Bounce!

That was the headline, or derivations of , in a number of Bazalonian newspapers. They detailed the lacklustre group performance both of the mens and womens team who finished third and 4th in their group of 4 respectively. With the Mens only getting 2 wins in their six matches and the women sitting with only one win. However both teams pulled it out when needed with the Dribbling Bazalopes pulling out 3 wins against opponents that according to the group table should have pummeled them teams, particularily Lamoni.

The women narrowly missed out their final by one point an an extremely exciting and close match. The lead kept changing throughout the women's final as neither team could get a real foothold this game as it was rather unexpectedly physical. No one was sent off but there where more fouls than usual for the usually well behaved team. In the end the Dribbling Bazzettes had a small chance to take the win with a long shot but it missed, The 95-X womens team had bettean them by 1 point. However the women where still upbeat in the end surprised they got as far as 2nd in the tournament.

The Bazalonian men where extatic with their win and congratulated the gnomes on a well faught game. In a speech at the end they congratulated all the teams they facedon performing well and said that just getting to the finals where a big surprise. They and the women cannot wait for the next AORBC

This post has been edited by Bazalonia on Jan 8 2007, 07:37 PM
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 9 2007, 03:40 AM
PMEmail Poster

From the Pacific City Courier
95X Women Win AOBC 4
Written off by almost everyone, underdogs win Championship
Myrtannia - After the game, 95X guard Ashley Maranz described the final second of the game as lasting "an eternity."
One of Bazalonia's best shooters with the ball at 20 feet. Ball leaves her hands as she shoots. The final buzzer sounds in mid-air. The shot falls off the side of the backboard.
95X had won its first International Championship by a score of 100-99.
"I'd like to thank everyone back home for this," says Jessica Whitney. "It's been a lot of work, and we made it."
The game was an arduous one, with each team scrambling for every rebound, almost each bucket answered with a follow-up at the other end, and defense so heavy it could be cut with a knife.
At the end, it was Janelle Foxwood's 15-footer with 10 seconds to go that put 95X up by 1.
"I told them the rest of the tournament record didn't count," coach Mark Walters said. "Think of this game as two minutes to go in the fourth quarter, with the score tied - either of us could win."
Ryan Powell, whose 95X Men's team suffered a first round KO by the Bazalonian Men's team was in attendance, and a reporter from XBN asked him how it felt to see a 95X team win a championship - just not his team.
Before having the chance to answer, an excited Kristin Hazel, who was just behind the two, turned around and screamed, "never send a boy to do a woman's job!," a comment which she later apologized for.
Powell replied later that night that no apology was necessary, as he was still glad to see a 95X team win, even though it wasn't his.
"It was great to be here, I hope to see everyone at the next tournament," he concludes.
95X-Scottfire
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic
Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4] 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0147 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->