Druida [ 9 ]  [75.00%]
Fmjphoenix [ 1 ]  [8.33%]
Krytenia [ 2 ]  [16.67%]
Other (Please Specify) [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Votes: 12
Guests cannot vote 
Posted on Apr 23 2005, 01:59 AM
PMEmail Poster

Note that I did not actually mean to imply that I was bidding to host in my signup post.

In other words, Legalese "withdraws" their intent to bid. Though I have offered my assistance to Fmjphoenix, and his bid.
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted on Apr 23 2005, 11:50 AM
PMEmail Poster

We will sign up and Win! We might also bid to host. possibly.
Crystilakere
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted on Apr 23 2005, 08:18 PM
PMEmail Poster

Do you honestly think the defending world champion Bedistan Lions would refuse a chance to play? I thought not. wink.gif
Bedistan
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted on Apr 25 2005, 04:17 AM
PMEmail Poster

Druida sign up for their quadrennial humiliation since the inauguration of our useless (ed: surely humble?) President Smith. Watch out, we're looking to host this one, too!

This post has been edited by Druida on Apr 25 2005, 04:17 AM
Druida
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted on Apr 27 2005, 05:53 AM
PMEmail Poster

DRUIDA BIDS TO HOST AOCAF VIII

Structure

A Druidan AOCAF would be split into four groups of however many teams are needed (it currently looks like it might be five.) Each team plays each other once. The top two from each group then advance onto the quarter finals, then semis and finally, the final. If we end up with six or more teams per group, first placed teams will go straight through to the quarters, whilst second and third placed teams will go into the second round, where they will play for a place against one of the group winners.

Scorinator

The formula to be used would be the highly successful (if you're Vilitan, anyway) World Cup 20 formula. The RP bonus will be roughly the same, too. bigger for those who needed (the higher ranked teams), bonus will be given for sheer presence, length, regularity and quality of language used. Feel free to ask questions.

Druidan Stadia

Thirteen different stadia will be used in Druida, with three designated to each group, plus The Hole for the exclusive use of the final. They are as follows...

Eastern Conference

CheminduStadium, Graymouth
Capacity - 72,000

user posted image

In the heart of Druida's industrial region on the west coast, the CheminduStadium is owned by Druida's largest company Chemindus. The second biggest stadium in the country is home to Graymouth, and is next door to the infamous ChemindusArena, a former nuclear power station once used for Handball World Cup matches.

Away Ground, Port Scadock
Capacity - 46,000

user posted image

The Away Ground is another stadium that will play host to large groups of foreign supporters, though these will be from Vilita and Turori, as it is home to Vilitan Exiles. If either of those two are drawn to play here, then it will almost be a home game for them.

Sorrellime Fountain, Sorrellime
Capacity - 50,000

user posted image

Overlooked for World Cup 20 because they only wanted to use the grounds of teams in the DPL at the time, the Fountain is home to DL2 play-off regulars Sorrellime Avengers. Sorrellime is a quiet, yet unexpectedly large city on the banks of the River Gray. In fact, a lot of Druidans don't even know it's there. Odd, eh?

Northern Conference

Anwir Cymru Arms, Llllllllllcwllllllll
Capacity 53,500

user posted image

Anwir Cymru is the area of Druida where Mock Welsh is most widely spoken. The biggest city in the region is also home of the biggest stadium there, the Arms, and its biggest football club, Llllllllllcwllllllll Rovers. Usually a welcoming place, however, if you've come looking for trouble, you're always going to find some.

Marsh Park, Newton Vale
Capacity - 34,000

user posted image

Finally, the home of Newton Vale. This is a new stadium in a relatively new town that seems to be expanding by the week. In just sixteen years, the population has risen from about 20 to about 1.3 million, and it is growing all the time. The stadium also contains the Druidan National Cycling Centre & Velodrome, though that isn't really that relevant, it just sounds quite impressive.

The Goalshell, Cruqws
Capacity - 38,000

user posted image

The Goalshell is the brand new home of Cruqws Cavaliers of DL2. Cruqws is a former convict city in the North West of Druida, where criminals from all around the world were sent to rot. Nothing like that now, Cruqws is actually quite a nice modern place, as you can see from this brand spanking new stadium.

Western Conference

Griffin Park, Cefn
Capacity - 43,000

user posted image

This is the new home of Cefn Albion, built after their old ground collapsed in suspicious circumstances. However, Albion now assure us that their bigger, new stadium is safe. The ground is named after the national animal of NEWI Cefn Druids, the griffin, which our nation description says "frolics freely in our many lush forests." However, the large proportion of Druidish griffins are dirty urban dwellers, which live in the less-than-desirable inner suburbs of Druidish cities. The area around Griffin Park is one of the most notorious griffin habitats in Druida, though spectators and officials alike are reminded that they don't harm people too often.

Montisch Stadion, Neodzki
Capacity - 51,000

user posted image

Montisch, home of Dinamo Neodzki, is in the New Europa region of Druida, where there is no clear set language spoken. It is unknown how people talk to each other there, as there seems to be at least twenty different words for just about everything, but somehow it has become one of the most prosperous areas of the country.

Histodome, Druid Tribune
Capacity - 60,000

user posted image

A new stadium in an old city, and the new home to Druida's 2012 champions from next season will be this place. It appears to be the exact opposite of what the city is all about, classic architecture from down the ages. But if this isn't a classic piece of modern architecture, right on the banks of Lake Bekk (or Bec, as it is known in Druid Tribune itsself), then I'll be damned! Though it does look a little like a plastic fruitbowl...

Southern Conference

Park Park, Parkville
Capacity - 35,000

user posted image

Despite not being the biggest ground in the country, Park Park is definitely the most luxurious, with not only every seat having padding, but also a drinks holder, ear plugs relaying the commentary of games in eight different languages and a monitor built into the seat in front, allowing spectators to watch replays of whatever they want, whenever they want. It's what you would expect from the richest club in Druida, Parkville.

Cranbury Park Lane, Cranbury
Capacity - 42,000

user posted image

The home of Cranbury United is not a new location for football, but they have built the stadium from scratch since the DPL got up and running again. Gives them a stadium that they can finally boast is bigger than their rivals Parville and Bessburg's. Not that the other two particularly care.

The Plughole,Trontby
Capacity - 34,000

user posted image

The Plughole is probably one of the reasons why Trontby stormed DL3 last season - the plug in the centre of the stadium's roof is filled with hot air and can be raised and dropped accordingly to let sunlight, or more usually keep the atmosphere, in.

The Final

The Hole, Mawr
Capacity - 121,000

user posted image

The Hole is Druida's national stadium, where the national team play their home games, as well as playing host to numerous other sporting events, including the fifth Field Hockey World Cup final. The roof over the stadium retracts to let air into this 200 metre deep hole in the Cefn-Mawr countryside. The capacity has been increased by 43,000 since it first opened during World Cup 12 Qualifying and, due to the growing demand for tickets to see the ever improving Druida Rainbows, as well as World Cup 20 coming to Druida, The Hole has been dug ever deeper, and now accommodates over 120,000, a capacity that still wasn't enough to accomodate the entire population of vilita, who popped over to see their side win World Cup 20 here.
Druida
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted on Apr 28 2005, 12:51 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

You may now Vote for your choice of host. Voting will End when World Cup Qualifying ends, or when there is a clear majority, whichever comes first.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted on Apr 28 2005, 06:10 PM
PMEmail Poster

i would like to sign up... i have no idea wut will happen afte this point.. but cansider me in.
Salmantic
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted on Apr 29 2005, 05:26 AM

Seeing as we're about to get knocked out of the World Cup (thank you very much Starblaydia!), we would very much like to enter. Ta.
Bettia
We don't do defence
Quote Post

AOLYahooTop

Posted on Apr 29 2005, 06:58 AM

QUOTE (Bettia @ Apr 29 2005, 10:26 AM)
Seeing as we're about to get knocked out of the World Cup (thank you very much Starblaydia!)

You got me laughing on that one!, I gave you a 0-0 draw already, remember? You'll finish third in our WCQ Group, no worries smile.gif
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted on Apr 29 2005, 09:07 AM

QUOTE (Starblaydia @ Apr 29 2005, 11:58 AM)
QUOTE (Bettia @ Apr 29 2005, 10:26 AM)
Seeing as we're about to get knocked out of the World Cup (thank you very much Starblaydia!)

You got me laughing on that one!, I gave you a 0-0 draw already, remember? You'll finish third in our WCQ Group, no worries smile.gif

Better check the MD6 scores - you beat us 2-0! At home!! Bah.

Looks like third is the best we can hope for - unless EL CID and that scandanavian furniture store have a nightmare run.
Bettia
We don't do defence
Quote Post

AOLYahooTop

Posted on Apr 29 2005, 11:50 AM

QUOTE (Bettia @ Apr 29 2005, 02:07 PM)

Looks like third is the best we can hope for - unless EL CID and that scandanavian furniture store have a nightmare run.

Thats my point, we let you have the 0-0 on MD1, before returning to normal service on MD6 wink.gif

I'm praying for the nightmares for those two.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted on Apr 29 2005, 01:11 PM
PMEmail Poster

Krytenia concedes hosting bid to Druida - here's to another great AOCAF on Bekkside.

Maybe AOCAF IX...
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted on Apr 29 2005, 02:10 PM
PMEmail Poster

Ooh, ooh, I'll sign up!
Florianopolis
Inexperienced
Quote Post

ICQAOLTop

Posted on Apr 29 2005, 10:31 PM
PMEmail Poster

If there's still room, Sarzonia would like to sign up.
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted on May 1 2005, 01:17 PM

QUOTE (Starblaydia @ Apr 29 2005, 04:50 PM)
QUOTE (Bettia @ Apr 29 2005, 02:07 PM)

Thats my point, we let you have the 0-0 on MD1, before returning to normal service on MD6 wink.gif

I'm praying for the nightmares for those two.

A 1-1 draw away to El Cid later and the Blaydes qualify! Now all we need is for EL CID to lose all their games and we're laughting!
Bettia
We don't do defence
Quote Post

AOLYahooTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0261 ]   [ 16 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->