Start new topic
A New Dawn Breaks
Posted: Feb 16 2005, 07:20 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

This is almost as bad as Emperor Ses'uh snorting coke from the table at a Metus meeting Tiberius said, thankfully using his 'inside voice'.

"How strong was that Abattoirian whiskey?" he asked, to no-one in particular, "anyway, we're, well I'm, wanting to create an Alliance of the four of us, to allow us to dominate this region. I made a real cool speech about it earlier, it was great, you shoulda seen me..." He trailed off. "Anyway, are you in? We can get some more Whiskey out, or go on to coffee, that's probably better."
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Feb 16 2005, 07:50 PM
PMEmail Poster

"Yeah, coffee sounds good." The President's drunkedness wearing off a little bit. Supposing it was time to get down to serious business, he drew out some note pads to doodle.
Abattoir
Pinprick of Apathy
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Feb 16 2005, 11:10 PM
PMEmail Poster

“Sorry about my security detail; Lamoni has been after me ever since this war started. Exploding pens, documents, cars; ambushes, poison… the like. I’ve got to be on my toes.”

At that comment the two Presidents giggled like school girls and handed the Imperator a drink.

“No thank you; I’ll take a Falernian if you don’t mind.”

The others looked at him with quizzical looks upon their faces. Sighing, the Imperator took his seat. He would have to do something about getting wine exports going along.

"So, you speak of a... What is it now? Strategic Alliance of Autocratic States is it? Is it an economic alliance? A military alliance? Technological alliance? Political alliance? Or perhaps it is a total alliance amongst us all?

As you are aware, Lamoni has dealt a… serious, more or less, blow to my nation. Military forces are currently in recall, our economy is shattered, and our standing among AO diminished. We wouldn’t be able to bring much to the table right away, but with your help, I can get the economy rolling again and we’ll be back in business. If you are willing to help me get Nova Roma back on her feet then I am willing to join this SAAS.”
Nova Roma
Fortified Caesar
Quote Post

Posted: Feb 17 2005, 07:03 AM

"How could a great, new and full alliance of powers not help out their most unfortunate brother?" Tiberius smiled. "The details can be sorted out by men in suits who know better of these things."
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Feb 17 2005, 10:49 PM
PMEmail Poster

"Very well. One small request, however. I feel that we have left out a viable player from this alliance. The Empire of Nojika, while maybe not as advanced as us, is certainly in the position to get there.

That nation has miles of undeveloped territory. Territory that, according to the most recent geological survey, is ripe with resources. Oil, gold, silver, uranium, iron ore, titanium; all those precious metals and materials that a nation needs to run, Nojika has.

Helping to develop them through this alliance would not only help them, but would help us immensely.

We will have your nation, Tiberivs, in command of AORDO.

Abattoir? He will surely be elected delegate of the region and will have the political leverage we could use.

Xile? His troops have fought alongside mine in many wars and are some of the, if not the, finest troops around.

Me? The fact that Lvcifer stayed around for so long and was so sucessful is enough proof that Roman technology is something to be reckoned with. The Mars and Ivpiter defense grids only further that fact.

And Nojika? One cannot wage war without resources. Nojika would provide those resources."
Nova Roma
Fortified Caesar
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 1 2005, 12:47 PM

"Of course," Tiberius said after a moment's thought, "Emperor Brakiss rules the Nojikans with a benevolent fist, why did I not invite that near-silent man to begin with."

Having answered his own question, Tiberius swigged another deep draught of coffee and called for someone to dispatch a message to the Nojikan Emperor.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Mar 10 2005, 07:57 PM
PMEmail Poster

A small pulse in the Imperator's toga alerted him to a message from back in Nova Roma; he read it and coughed.

"Gentlemen, it appears we have some competition. Roman satellites have picked up several planes from within the region heading toward Lamoni. Legalese and Chacorian, to be specific. It doesn't take a fool to realize what they're up to, and I think we can rule out normal diplomatic transactions."
Nova Roma
Fortified Caesar
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 10 2005, 08:14 PM
PMEmail Poster

"Zzzeh dirtshy sonshabitshes" slurred President Laiur as his head fell down to the desk. His coffee hadn't taken full effect yet.

His head shot up, "They have more people than we do? We are sexier though..."

His head fell again.
Xile
Punch-Drunk Psychosis
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Mar 17 2005, 08:11 PM
PMEmail Poster

(OOC: I was wondering if Rendition could join the alliance, considering it is obviously a dictatorship as well. A formal invitation would be nice if you thought it relevant. Good way to combat this unnamed alliance the democracies are forming."
Abattoir
Pinprick of Apathy
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Mar 17 2005, 08:33 PM

OOC: Best to have in in here, yes, but you can't use puppets in war or such where troop numbers and such come into it. Kind of a silent partner, really.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Mar 17 2005, 10:05 PM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: True, but for trading purposes I guess we could get some fun RP's going...time permitting to write them. I dont really mind. I don't see that an outbreak of war is imminent even though I've been prodding some people.
Abattoir
Pinprick of Apathy
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Mar 25 2005, 10:36 PM
PMEmail Poster

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

A black minibus pulled up in an alley beside the building where the SAAS inaugration meeting was taken place. The outside was unguarded, however several Praetorian Guard lay outside.

Stupid Atlantians, General Smith thought as he led his eight SpecOps troops through a fire door, did they not think to check for snipers?

After subduing the Starblaydian guards within, Smith opened the door and the nine men entered the chamber. The three soldiers behind Smith brandished their sub-machine guns, and cocked.

"NOBODY MOVE!" Smith boomed. He turned to the Starblaydi, NA and Abattoirian delegates. "Chairman Warzycha is very disappointed in the lack of invitation. Now get on the floor!"

He turned to Lauir. "And you. You **********ing pile of ****. You are under arrest for the murder of Everton Davis. You're coming with us."

Two soldiers subdued and arrested the Xilean leader. The Krytenian troops then proceeded to return to the minibus, with their new "passenger" in tow.

This post has been edited by Krytenia on Mar 25 2005, 10:42 PM
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Mar 26 2005, 10:01 AM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: Now, we can do this the easy way, where you just delete that post and we all ignore you.

Or, we can do this the hard way and I post my godmode!
Nova Roma
Fortified Caesar
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 27 2005, 01:47 PM

QUOTE (Starblaydia @ Feb 16 2005, 12:55 PM)
Tiberius had called the leaders... to his mountain fortress in the mountainous Hallad region of Starblaydia. He looked up from his balcony, seeing massive, impenetrable, snow-capped mountains rising all around him. There was barely even a breeze on this frosty morning; the skies were clear and blue as far as they eye could see as the Sun made its acsent above the peaks.

Far off in the distance was the tell-tale screech of a pair of Harrier Jets as they cut their way through the thin mountain air. Nothing was manoeuvrable like a Harrier, just what you needed to dive between the peaks, and its vertical abilities made it supremely useful for this area. But there was another sound in the air, the steady whump-whump-whump of military helicopters.

OOC: No alleys, no minibus-capable roads, many entrenched snipers to shoot you dead, plus Harriers and Commanches to blow you into itty-bitty dead pieces. You'd need an entire army to get within 10 miles of that place, then an airforce to actually get into it, then another mini-army to be able to get inside.

Sorry Kry, nice idea but that ain't the way to do it.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Mar 27 2005, 08:58 PM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: Worth a try. Ignore post please.
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic