Start new topic
AO Champions League V - Signup Thread
Posted: Jan 9 2012, 09:47 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

The three clubs in Nojika that would be eligible to enter the AO Champions League are Coral Cove FC (League Winner), Imperial City (Cup Winner), and Roenech Isle (League Runner Up).
Nojika
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Integrity Messenger IMAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 9 2012, 04:54 PM
PMEmail Poster

Krytenia put forward the following:

user posted image
Ousevale Borough - O-League Champions

user posted image
Avidia United - KFA Cup Winners

user posted image
Royal Emberton - Invitee team (O-League Runners-Up)
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 9 2012, 05:25 PM

As long as people wouldn't mind holding my hand through my first real sports RP, I'd like to push up a team or three.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 9 2012, 09:25 PM

Mathdon Examiner
Falcanian Teams Enter Regional Contest - Sports Correspondent Jimmin Tarr

Boaris Alp, the Director of Sports & Culture, is proud to announce that the three highest-scoring teams in the first Falcanian High League are going to represent their nation in the AO Champion's League!

He had these words to offer at the press conference today.

"Little did we know at the start of the High League's first season, ten months ago, that football frenzy would hit the streets of our great nation. But what was once a loose conglomerate of corporate teams has been forged into a sporting institution - one that may, if we are lucky, rival that of our great neighbours in the region! My congratulations to the brave men of Integral, Associated Digital, and Goldmund-Teller, who will represent the Free Kingdom on the regional stage."

This is the first sporting endeavour the nation has engaged in outside its borders. As the highest-ranking three teams in the High League, the teams of Integral Technologies Incorporated, Associated Digital Limited, and Goldmund-Teller Energy Solutions, will represent us in the championship. Let's look at their profiles.

Integral FC
Integral stunned us this season with some of the highest-scoring matches we've seen. Who could forget the 4-0 victory over United Metal on the first day of the season? Since then we've also seen 5-0 against Inclusive, 6-1 against Icarus, and 4-0 against Ballacorp. Manager Tobi Worner has assembled a solid, well-rounded team, but the question remains to be asked; will they show us the flair they need to really push the game against a similarly matched foe? With long-time business rivals Associated Digital also through to the competition, this will be a crucial moment for Integral; both home and away, Associated Digital were the slightly better team, but Integral couldn't muster up the imagination to break the deadlock that cost them a goal each time. That worry aside, we are sure that these boys will make a good showing of themselves, as long as they learn from their mistakes. Look out for these chaps in the black and green strips.

Associated Digital FC
I've got a lot of time for the boys in the white and red. All season they made a very strong account of themselves; manager Wil Pankt notably scoured the unranked teams for players before the start of the first season, and he knew how to pick 'em. A solid team who know the field well, they made short work of OpPress, United Metal and Matsundai. They were very nearly league champions, notably beating rivals Integral twice, dragging the game out to 1-0 standoffs each time. It's clear that Pankt is a very astute manager, but not much for tactics; Gengrove turned a 2-0 lead for the Digital boys into a 2-3 loss, simply because Pankt failed to spot Gengrove's second-half substitutions. Their nose was bloodied by losing the title to Integral; they'll need to play smarter, not better, to clinch the title.

Goldmund-Teller FC
Erik Goldmund and Lori Teller took a personal interest in their company's team; both having played a little in their youth. An inauspicious start gave way to a series of landslide victories later in the season; and Goldmund-Teller became a fan favourite in the process. Their sledgehammer of a performance in their 4-1 win over Glowsnap saw a goalkeeper dribbling from goal-mouth to goal-mouth like the other team were playing in the schoolyard; the energy godfathers sold a lot of stripy blue and grey jerseys that day. Crowd-pleasing is one thing, however, but clumsy losses against OpPress and Airsweep won't butter any sausages. Less showboating and more consistency would do these talented players the world of good.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 9 2012, 11:27 PM

10 Nations signed up. I think at this point its safe to say this competition will go ahead, and this is now a signup/bids thread as opposed to simply an interest thread.

I would propose capping the entrants to 32 teams if there are 20 or fewer nations participating. If there are more than 20 nations signed up, I would expand the field to 40 teams.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 10 2012, 03:26 PM

First Division champion
CF Mandragora

Campeonato Repubblicana champion
FC Segadors Bergamants

First Division runner-up (if required)
Sport Puntafora
Pacitalia
The best place on earth.
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Jan 10 2012, 09:15 PM
PMEmail Poster

Kosovoe Champions- Bohemian East Lawn
Runners Up- Atlantian White-Castle
Third Place- Fleetwood County
Kosovoe
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 10 2012, 10:23 PM
PMEmail Poster

If people are up for it, I'll throw my name into the hat, using xkoranate as the scorinator.
Valanora
a.k.a Elves Security Forces
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 10 2012, 11:58 PM

QUOTE (Valanora @ Jan 10 2012, 11:23 PM)
If people are up for it, I'll throw my name into the hat, using xkoranate as the scorinator.

I have no objections so far, do you want me to continue running the signups, or did you want to make an alternative proposal on format then what i've presented?
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 11 2012, 01:09 AM
PMEmail Poster

I think signups can be closed on Friday and depending upon the number of entrants, I'll likely go with 32 or 40. However I would be most appreciative, if I do end up being the host, of some sort of resolution to the ranks. Will make it easier (and fairer) to give certain teams byes if a field of 40 is used.
Valanora
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 11 2012, 07:37 AM
PMEmail Poster

I'd like to sign up three teams, get Ang Grung finally up and running and RPing instead of just sitting here and being an unloved puppet.
Ang Grung
Two. Two.
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 11 2012, 09:51 AM
PMEmail Poster

The Paripana Sporting Council agrees to enter three of its clubs into the fifth Atlantian Oceania Champions League on the condition that none of them are required to play in any preliminary stage. San Solari FC’s entry will be withdrawn if necessary to ensure the other clubs’ passage to the main stage. This will be the second appearance by Paripanan clubs in the AOCL; Yuba United claimed fourth place in the fourth edition played over eighty years ago, during the interregnum between the demise of the Bedistan Football Association and the establishment of the Élite League. Not entirely convinced of the necessity of such a competition, the PSC would be perfectly happy to wait another eighty years before the sixth edition.

user posted image
Qidade Savana (Jasĭyun) — Élite League champion
Full name: Klube Qoqerálire Qidade Savana (Savana City Football Club)
Nickname: Roje’das (the Reds)
Home stadium: stádie:qs, Savana (capacity 104900)
Kit colors: Red and white stripes, red shorts

The least-venerated member of Paripanan football’s “Big Three” (a group completed by Yuba United and Sonoma Center Panthers), Qidade Savana won Élite League One for the tenth time in 2212–13. Their history is filled with backhanded compliments: they are the most successful club ever to be relegated from Élite League One, though they bounced back to win the second-division crown and earn a place in the first Series B Champions’ Cup. They twice suffered the greatest margin of defeat (4–1) ever seen in a Champions’ Cup final before finally winning the competition three seasons ago. Having also recently won the Globe Cup, Qidade Savana is currently at the top of the UICA club coëfficient ranking.

user posted image
Sonoma Center Panthers (Capitalizt SLANI) — Élite League runner-up
Full name: Sonoma Center Panthers FC
Nicknames: the Panthers, SCP
Home stadium: Anaphase Alchemy Stadium, Sonoma Center (capacity 171337)
Kit colors: Black and blue halves, black shorts

With records dating it back to 1968, Sonoma Center Panthers is the oldest major football club in Paripana. Its glory days came during Capitalizt SLANI’s “Champions League” top-flight league, which it won nine times in eleven seasons before promotion to the International Association Football League, where it earned three Granite Conference titles but never the overall championship. Due to the complexity of this era’s multiple league, cup, and playoff competitions, Panthers supporters have a long-standing dispute with Yuba United over which club can claim the most trophies of various types in Paripanan football history. More recently, Sonoma Center has won twelve Élite League titles (second only to the Silver-Blues), and was known for its great many defeats in the semifinals of the Champions’ Cup before finally claiming its first and only world championship in 2196, becoming the only club ever to win the Globe Cup and Champions’ Cup in successive seasons.

user posted image
San Solari FC (Capitalizt SLANI) — Paripana Open Cup champion
Full name: San Solari FC
Nickname: the Sky Blues
Home stadium: Silverbrook Stadium, San Solari (capacity 85254)
Kit colors: Sky blue with white trim, sky blue shorts

Four-time champions of the Bedistan Premier League during its latter years, San Solari are known primarily for their success in cup competitions. They have five Bedistani Cups to their name and won the inaugural Paripana Open Cup; their second Open Cup title has landed them in this AOCL. They reached the final of the old Champions League, the modern Champions’ Cup, the Globe Cup, and the Cygnus Cup, but hold the unenviable record of losing all four. Their only victory in a global competition final came in the Series B Champions’ Cup, which they reached as champions of Élite League Two. They won Élite League One many years ago, but few remember it.
Commerce Heights
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 11 2012, 08:55 PM

QUOTE (Valanora @ Jan 11 2012, 02:09 AM)
I think signups can be closed on Friday and depending upon the number of entrants, I'll likely go with 32 or 40. However I would be most appreciative, if I do end up being the host, of some sort of resolution to the ranks. Will make it easier (and fairer) to give certain teams byes if a field of 40 is used.

It will depend on how many nations enter, so I would say, On saturday, I will post either 32 teams or 40 teams who have been accepted to the tournament.

If there are 32 teams, I would say a standard 8 groups of 4, top 2 advancing to knockout stages.

If there are 40, I would say 24 teams get byes to the group stage, and 16 have a play-in round.

So, on Saturday, I will post the Teams that have signed up, and note which 24 would have a bye to the group stage, if the 40 team format is used?
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 11 2012, 10:09 PM
PMEmail Poster

Sounds alright. I guess by that post though, we'll be going with complete fresh rankings and randomnes+RP as means for success in this new revival. Which I like, so, let's hurry up and get to Saturday! tongue.gif
Valanora
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 11 2012, 10:48 PM
PMEmail Poster

While I don't think of a specific criteria for qualification to the next editions of this tournament, Cafundéu sends the top 3 teams of the national league in the previous season for this edition:

1- Cafundó do Juta

2- SC Lasft

3- Petardos S/A
Cafundéu
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0171 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->