Positive or Negative or Neither
Positive: I can't believe this has not been done before [ 2 ]  [33.33%]
Negative: I can't believe they did this [ 4 ]  [66.67%]
Neither: I can't believe either of you. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Votes: 6

Posted on Nov 15 2006, 12:08 AM
PMEmail Poster

Unconventional Arms Accord

A resolution to slash worldwide military spending.

Category: Global Disarmament
Strength: Significant
Proposed by: Omigodtheykilledkenny

Description: The nations and their deputies here assembled, having convened, conferred, and agreed to the whole of this article, have made the following determinations:

i. The intentional slaughter of innocent civilians through unconventional warfare is a heinous and contemptible act.

ii. Such acts are war crimes, and those who propagate them are war criminals.

iii. Although it is imperative for nations to defend themselves, their people and their allies against attacks by hostile forces, the killing of civilians by such means is wholly unnecessary for this purpose.

iv. Unconventional arms are munitions or devices designed to disperse chemical or biological agents with the effect of irreparably harming, incapacitating or killing troops or civilians; these include various nerve, blister, choking, blood or incapacitating chemical agents, and infectious or contagious viruses, bacteria or microbes, but do not include neutralized biological agents used for vaccines, or mild chemical agents commonly used for law enforcement or personal self-defense, such as tear gas, MACE or pepper spray.

v. Civilians are persons who do not serve an important national political function, who are not members of any national military, paramilitary or police force, or who are serving such forces but in a non-military capacity.

vi. This body must take reasonable measures to prevent the death of civilians in war.

They have therefore committed the United Nations to the following provisions:

1. Condemning the intentional use of unconventional arms against civilian populations;

2. Enjoining member states against deliberately targeting civilians with unconventional arms;

3. Requiring member states to take good faith measures to prevent unnecessary civilian casualties in combat operations;

4. Obligating member states to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law, on pain of the strongest penalties available under the law, all those under their jurisdiction who have been credibly accused of violating Clause 2;

5. Urging nations to forge agreements allowing for the swift extradition of suspected war criminals under this article, to assure that suspects are transferred to the proper jurisdiction;

6. Encouraging the development of chemical arms designed specifically to target legitimate military and/or political personnel, mitigate civilian damage, and serve as alternatives to more deadly and destructive forms of chemical and biological warfare;

7. Affirming the right of nations to develop, produce, deploy and utilize any and all weapons their leaders deem necessary for their national defense, barring instances where standing legislation issued by this body has modified that right.

In witness whereof the undersigned, having deposited their respective full powers, have signed the present convention.
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted on Nov 15 2006, 12:57 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Never mind the language, according to NS, the overall effect of this resolution is to cut everyone's military spending back. Pointless. AGAINST
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted on Nov 15 2006, 07:54 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Indeed, I like my military budget where it is, thankyou.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted on Nov 15 2006, 08:27 AM
PMEmail Poster

Well my budget can't be cut, but you crazy warmongering fools definitely need to have yours cut down. I'm all for it.
Az-cz
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted on Nov 16 2006, 07:38 PM
PMEmail Poster

Ladies and gentlemen, the return of Jesus On Stilts.

NAY!
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsClosed TopicMake a quick replyStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0308 ]   [ 16 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->